Thrustmaster T3PA Pro & T3PA Wide Pedal Set Thread

Which one to get?

• Total voters
I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB adapter works for PC to make the pedals stand-alone. You even get extra functionality: the ability to adjust the built in deadzones at either end of travel.

You can buy it off the Thrustmaster webshop, but be aware that their postage costs are pretty steep so all in it was just north of €20 I believe.

Still a far better option than buying new pedals for this...
Well the new pedals still had to be bought unfortunately. Or at least I didn't want to wait around to figure out how to repair the connector, which apparently requires a specific and expensive crimper, plus I cant actually find a supply of these very specific left-lugged connectors anywhere, either. I'll keep an eye out so I can repair them and sell them, but for now, I've got a new set. Simply couldn't wait around. The USB adapter works well and it helps a bit on the convenience side since I dont need to plug it into the wheel everytime and it's one less cable on the desk. Shipping was costly though, you're right.

That, and I'm also looking to see whether them being plugged into the PC permanently means they could be used as rudder pedals for flight sims, which would be pretty cool.

Currently using the F1 set up until I get a bracket to mount on my wheelstandpro in GT set up. Having both the T3PA and the T3PA-Pro I can highly recommend the PRO over the regular pedal set. The build quality obviously is better (better than I even expected) but the brake (the most important pedal) is superior on the PRO, not only because of the solid build but the brake spring on the PRO is bigger/heavier compared to the T3PA, offering better resistance before hitting the conical brake mod. I finally can say I don't miss my GTEye modded G27 pedals.

Hi, how did you mount the Pro F1 pedals to the WSP? I have an early WSP and am trying to figure out a way to secure the pedals.

Thanks

Hello Skazz
I wonder whether T.RJ12 USB adapter also makes T150/T300 two pedal set(the stock pedals) compatible on PC via USB.
I have no idea about that one. My T300 pedals are in a box in the loft somewhere so testing is pretty much impossible right now, sadly.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TRJ12_USB/T.RJ12_USB_Adapter_Manual.pdf implies only T3PA/T3PA-Pro.... I wouldn't risk buying it without mailing Thrustmaster support for confirmation first.

I have no idea about that one. My T300 pedals are in a box in the loft somewhere so testing is pretty much impossible right now, sadly.
No problem.👍
I wouldn't risk buying it without mailing Thrustmaster support for confirmation first.
I did this six days ago but there is still no answer,anyway thank you for your reply.:)

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TRJ12_USB/T.RJ12_USB_Adapter_Manual.pdf implies only T3PA/T3PA-Pro.... I wouldn't risk buying it without mailing Thrustmaster support for confirmation first.
Bought the adapter and came yesterday.I did a test and I confirm that it works with T150 two pedals set.Also this came today from Thrustmaster:
Thrustmaster
Yes that is the exact function of the adapter. The TRJ12 adapter will make any pedal set from Thrustmaster compatible with any Windows PCs.

Last edited:
And I would also like to ask if anyone have the brake mod bracket not needed and willing to sell for a reasonable price. My friends lost his and looking for a replacement.

index.php

Just came across BBJ Sim Racing Conical Brake Mod and added that to OP. Order the 50 shore one as I needed something with more progressiveness and not as hard. Reasonable price and looking forward if it really does provide a better alternative.

I've just ordered the yellow one (70 shore), should be here by the weekend and will post up my thoughts once its fitted and tested.

Would the BBJ brake mod work with the standard t3pa or only the pro?

i think you can put that in the standard t3pa.they the same diameter as the standard one. i dunno about the lenght.

edith:embarrassed:h i see,its a lot bigger. yup maybe it wont fit in the standard t3pa.

Last edited:
I ordered the BJJ yellow brake mod from ebay - for us in the USA it comes out to about $20. It is a little bit more than I wanted to pay but people seem to really like them so giving it a shot.

I was trying to source a different sized conical rubber stop but they are all made of the same or harder rubber than the one that comes with the T3PA-Pros.. you can find them on Amazon and JC Winco site if anyone is curious.. https://www.jwwinco.com/en-us/products/quick-finder?q=vibration

Yeah - I saw one review they guy said they fit right on.. oh well. I ordered a used set, if I need to modify them no big deal.

Edit - found the post on isrtv forums - yes the holes need to be slightly drilled out.
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/11217-tx-458-wheel-t500-pedals/?p=107140
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/11217-tx-458-wheel-t500-pedals/?p=107149

Edit 2 - Yes the holes are just a slight bit too far apart, but they should work well. I went for the 2 pedal set vs the three pedal as I wanted the big brake plate. Don't have tools on hand we are moving.. will drill them out Saturday. Not bad for $10 but more pinkish than the ad.

xJQsRuJ7Ql6mkLkRpqDVgpoB-hneBTX0R0QHZdKQbrfk=w500-h982-no

Edit 3 - I was actually able to get the brake plate mounted with the cheap mounting hardware they came with- They are just little nuts and bolts with a little braket that I used to clamp the bottom of the brake plate to the pedal arm. Then using the normal top bolt from the stock pedas - I love having the wide brake plate, once I got used to the new positioning for my feet I am a lot more comfortable switching to left for braking and also heal-toeing

oN37jtvpBxUOhPx9M8wONFLLnSOJYqef_pD0kavOZetZ=w550-h711-no
Hello...where I can buy this pedals? Thanks

Hello...where I can buy this pedals? Thanks

Amazon - they need to be drilled out a little (the holes do not line up)

There are many you can pick from.. 2 or 3 plate set. I picked the two pedal set to have the wide brake pedal for left foot braking, and this specific set because it was full of holes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023E59IY/?tag=gtplanet-20

This is the 3 pedal set if you would rather not have the wide brake pedal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023E9DN6/?tag=gtplanet-20

People have used other kinds

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/19220-t3pa-pro-mods-with-sparco-pedals/

Has anyone had their has pedal fail on the T3PA? I've tried cleaning the potentiometer with no joy.

If it's faulty is it possible to take the one out my original t300 pedals & use it?

Any suggestions welcome!

If you have the needed skills you can try to swap the potentiometer from the original T300 gas pedal to the T3PA gas pedal.

Cheers SuperGT but think I've been barking up the wrong tree. There's been a development & I've managed a workaround of sorts..

I've swapped the cables around inside where they go into ie. click into clutch & gas before becoming the cable that has the USB input for the t300 base on the other end. After putting it back together I've held down the mode button to reverse the brake & clutch pedal. Bingo! I'm back in action! (No clutch functionality now instead)

I'm thinking it's nothing to do with the potentiometer & more likely just a damaged USB cable. I also noticed the wire at the very edge of the base where it gets clipped in has some minor damage exposing the cabling within.

Thoughts guys? Also if it is that how hard is it to fix or replace the suspected dodgy USB cable for the pedals? I don't need all the length & actually have it doubled up & tied at one point so I could also in theory shorten it.

Last edited:
After latest patch of a game and installing Ricmotech Load Cell in my T3PA PRO clutch pedal isn't recognised anymore in PCars2 on PS4 (in other games and on pc it works). It's set to PS4 mode, green light on mode, everything should be ok but it isn't. WTH?

After latest patch of a game and installing Ricmotech Load Cell in my T3PA PRO clutch pedal isn't recognised anymore in PCars2 on PS4 (in other games and on pc it works). It's set to PS4 mode, green light on mode, everything should be ok but it isn't. WTH?
I suspect a loose wire? Or maybe try try blowing some canned air. I have heard that helps.

Back