Thrustmaster T3PA Pro & T3PA Wide Pedal Set Thread

Which one to get?

• Total voters
Anyone have any recommendations for beefier springs for the accelerator/clutch for the T3PA-Pro?
I would at least like some resistance.

Anyone have any recommendations for beefier springs for the accelerator/clutch for the T3PA-Pro?
I would at least like some resistance.

I did not add springs but chunks of foam behind the pedals gives them a better feel. It is the lazy way but it works.

oa7pSna3qUmywqrHwASLsrwlvH4A9_Pp3MXC_XWHa1gEk6BmtyapoLdiRNQE8-Wv-3fj5-H2k5eIJgBuwNGfkUE0r2h-SmxT1iIMNeej7yH5G8Y8nQM32UyqzV9XIPtRJdOpiTBfKD5zgQShP3Sf6RMQvLfH8y48_jNeFEx8YlqPz1uyOPRfql__gjDPObuEhICO4ACOrRXChFQY1TIhi3rkSA7Q2yuG4DFbabc8rB059Oyr_5HA3TedtiNSeBvBESmv7hM71Uhvz53JhA2IBC9zRZsVH35lTFf7H-yXwdCEeGqLewMagBAHaHJKrz9TsLCKa_0iB67gfPdU2NFTM05YVHkqsmFtRbGhzXDIPCqSC5nuaJnQKy_xMqftQ3h7QeOdXVAzIuBXEvL5s_slXQmTwMqJ7iLEh169LDubDCJeHN8Udq49ZSkJSawTPDPyHDBnYMUQBtgSQQALE1y0LWykj-1a57vEqB0wB44yS4r2EY2nQ-edjUgXpki4DiXwtEWS1xPocb7GpFawdnQfrI3y2VuOZo9P-BeaTiEyEWnr=w467-h350-no

I did not add springs but chunks of foam behind the pedals gives them a better feel. It is the lazy way but it works.

oa7pSna3qUmywqrHwASLsrwlvH4A9_Pp3MXC_XWHa1gEk6BmtyapoLdiRNQE8-Wv-3fj5-H2k5eIJgBuwNGfkUE0r2h-SmxT1iIMNeej7yH5G8Y8nQM32UyqzV9XIPtRJdOpiTBfKD5zgQShP3Sf6RMQvLfH8y48_jNeFEx8YlqPz1uyOPRfql__gjDPObuEhICO4ACOrRXChFQY1TIhi3rkSA7Q2yuG4DFbabc8rB059Oyr_5HA3TedtiNSeBvBESmv7hM71Uhvz53JhA2IBC9zRZsVH35lTFf7H-yXwdCEeGqLewMagBAHaHJKrz9TsLCKa_0iB67gfPdU2NFTM05YVHkqsmFtRbGhzXDIPCqSC5nuaJnQKy_xMqftQ3h7QeOdXVAzIuBXEvL5s_slXQmTwMqJ7iLEh169LDubDCJeHN8Udq49ZSkJSawTPDPyHDBnYMUQBtgSQQALE1y0LWykj-1a57vEqB0wB44yS4r2EY2nQ-edjUgXpki4DiXwtEWS1xPocb7GpFawdnQfrI3y2VuOZo9P-BeaTiEyEWnr=w467-h350-no
I got accustomed to using foam, inserts and even bungee bands to get my DFGT Pedals up to snuff. But I'm hoping for something a little more sold for the T3PA's.

They wouldn't be directly compatible. I believe someone made a TM Pedals to USB adapter for PC use, but on PS4 you would need a direct to the wheel solution.

Oops..sorry typo.

I meant to say, can anyone confirm on the PC that I can use the T3PA-PRO with a Fanatec Wheel?

Also, can I still do the above if I get the Bodnar load cell mod?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Oops..sorry typo.

I meant to say, can anyone confirm on the PC that I can use the T3PA-PRO with a Fanatec Wheel?

Also, can I still do the above if I get the Bodnar load cell mod?

Thank you.

It's kind of complicated -- on the PC, you can use the T3PA-Pro pedals as a stand-alone USB device if you have the Bodnar G25/G27 cable and a Bodinhausen adapter (which would work alongside your Fanatec wheel in Windows, but this method will NOT work on any consoles because of the USB connectivity):

Bodnar cable: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=187

Bodinhausen Adapter: http://www.sim-sport.net/store/sim-products/bodinhausen-t500rs-pedal-adapter-detail

The Bodin Solutions BLC-T500 Load Cell mod (http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BLC-T500/p1644578_7713861.aspx) IS compatible with the Bodinhausen/Bodnar combo. If you were to purchase a BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod, I could also sell you a Bodinhausen Adapter as a part of a combo purchase, to help save you on shipping costs (combining shipping for a BLC-T500 and Bodinhausen Adapter from me would have you a considerable amount of shipping to Australia, versus buying the Bodinhausen Adapter directly from Sim-Sport.net).

If you're interested in the BLC-T500 / Bodinhausen Adapter combo, drop me a PM here and I'll work out the details with you directly.

Hope this helps.

The BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod (compatible with the T500RS and T3PA-Pro pedals) is now in stock and available for purchase. I should have BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mods (for the T3PA non-Pro pedals) available for purchase around mid-week.

Also working on another mod for the T3PA pedals that some of you might be interested in -- will try to post some pics once I have gotten through the initial release of the BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mod.

:)

Shipping it tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail -- you should have it by Thursday, hopefully! :cool:

Hi John, USPS needed an extra day to travel that 100 miles or so to get the package to Cincinnati from Indy...:)

Very nice and solid looking part that was packaged perfectly...very clear instructions and I look forward to installing it this evening. 👍

**EDIT** Okay, I've installed it and took to it straight away...so much better than the stock brake pedal on my T3PA Pro Pedal set. I will need a bit more practice to fine tune my braking points but I am already faster in the current TTs.

Last edited:
Hi John, USPS needed an extra day to travel that 100 miles or so to get the package to Cincinnati from Indy...:)

Very nice and solid looking part that was packaged perfectly...very clear instructions and I look forward to installing it this evening. 👍

**EDIT** Okay, I've installed it and took it straight away...so much better than the stock brake pedal on my T3PA Pro Pedal set. I will need a bit more practice to fine tune my braking points but I am already faster in the current TTs.

Sad that USPS is so slow sometimes, and so fast other times (it would probably be faster if my company name was "Amazon.com"). ;)

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far -- I designed these mods to be easy to install, and to be durable and maintenance-free, so hopefully you'll get many years of use out of it!

:D

My Bodin load cell is amazing but my 60 day old T3PA Pro pedal set just failed with no input on the throttle pedal in GT6. I have a case number from TM and waiting for the RMA number and shipping label...bummer! :yuck:

My Bodin load cell is amazing but my 60 day old T3PA Pro pedal set just failed with no input on the throttle pedal in GT6. I have a case number from TM and waiting for the RMA number and shipping label...bummer! :yuck:

Bummer indeed! :(

I would like to request that you make sure the problem is with the T3PA-Pro pedals themselves by taking the BLC-T500 Load Cell out of the loop and verifying that the problem is the throttle itself on your T3PA-Pro set, and not a problem with the BLC-T500 Load Cell or the load cell cable. I haven't seen any failures with the load cell to date, but it would be a good idea to verify that your problem is with the actual pedals themselves and not the BLC-T500 Load Cell mod or cabling.

Hi John, no problem whatsoever with your load cell...👍

The problem was with the small, plastic gear on the throttle pedal...here is a link to another thread where I talk about it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...asonal-car-added.319188/page-12#post-11268906

Glad to hear that there's definitely no issue with the load cell mod! :cheers:

Hopefully Thrustmaster will take care of you in short order so you can get everything back up and running quickly!

👍

BTW, as I mentioned in your other thread, with the load cell mod installed, the brake potentiometer is completely removed from the loop from an electrical standpoint, so you COULD "cannibalize" the brake pot and the plastic gear and re-use those on either the throttle or clutch as needed (essentially, the use of the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod makes the brake pot and gear "spare" parts that can be re-used on one of the other two pedals if needed).

This is kind of an "unadvertised bonus" that comes when using the BLC-T500 load cell mod, and I believe this also applies to the Ricmotech load cell mod as well.

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

;)

Last edited:
Thanks John...:)

Right, the brake pot & gear are both out of the loop with your mod...for some reason that didn't dawn on me! I am still waiting on TM and will have to call them later today to follow up and to get this unit sent back for repair or replacement.

:cheers:

For anyone attempting warranty service from Thrustmaster in the USA, I highly recommend calling them initially vs. e-mail. TM never responded to my first e-mail but after I called them and started the warranty repair process, all of my e-mails were answered promptly.

I have decided to have TM send me a new pot & gear and do the replacement myself...I like to repair things and I am pretty good at soldering. The instructions TM e-mailed me are very clear and detailed...should take about 30 minutes to do the repair. TM was quoting a 4 week turn around if they did the repair...

All in all, very good service by TM. 👍

A new pedals adapter unveiled by Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER.
Available here at £12.99 / 14,99 €:
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t-rj12-usb-adapter.html
trj12.png

Quick Overview
Makes the Thrustmaster T3PA and T3PA-PRO 3-pedal pedal sets compatible on PC with all racing wheels on the market & with all PC games supporting multi-USB.

MAKES THE THRUSTMASTER 3-PEDAL PEDAL SETS COMPATIBLE ON PC VIA USB:
# T3PA (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-On)
# T3PA-PRO (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-On - PRO)

MAKES THE T3PA AND T3PA-PRO PEDAL SETS COMPATIBLE ON PC WITH ALL RACING WHEELS ON THE MARKET (all brands):
# Compatible with all 3-pedal racing wheels on the market
# Compatible with all 2-pedal racing wheels on the market
# Compatible with all racing wheels on the market without any pedals

10-BIT RESOLUTION AND PRECISION ON ALL 3 AXES:
# High-resolution, high-precision 10-bit performance (1024 values) on each of the 3 pedals (gas/brake/clutch)

PC DRIVER available for download here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=412&cid=1
CPL.png

ADVANCED CALIBRATION SOFTWARE available for download here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=412&cid=5
# Lets you adjust the dead zones at the beginning and end of each of the 3 pedals’ range of travel to your liking, and save them in the T.RJ12 USB Adapter’s internal memory
CalSoft_V1.05.png

Last edited:
A new pedals adapter unveiled by Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER.
Available here at £12.99 / 14,99 €:
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t-rj12-usb-adapter.html
trj12.png

Quick Overview
Makes the Thrustmaster T3PA and T3PA-PRO 3-pedal pedal sets compatible on PC with all racing wheels on the market & with all PC games supporting multi-USB.

MAKES THE THRUSTMASTER 3-PEDAL PEDAL SETS COMPATIBLE ON PC VIA USB:
# T3PA (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-On)
# T3PA-PRO (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-On - PRO)

MAKES THE T3PA AND T3PA-PRO PEDAL SETS COMPATIBLE ON PC WITH ALL RACING WHEELS ON THE MARKET (all brands):
# Compatible with all 3-pedal racing wheels on the market
# Compatible with all 2-pedal racing wheels on the market
# Compatible with all racing wheels on the market without any pedals

10-BIT RESOLUTION AND PRECISION ON ALL 3 AXES:
# High-resolution, high-precision 10-bit performance (1024 values) on each of the 3 pedals (gas/brake/clutch)

PC DRIVER available for download here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=412&cid=1
CPL.png

ADVANCED CALIBRATION SOFTWARE available for download here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=412&cid=5
# Lets you adjust the dead zones at the beginning and end of each of the 3 pedals’ range of travel to your liking, and save them in the T.RJ12 USB Adapter’s internal memory
CalSoft_V1.05.png

Great find and thanks for sharing. I've added the shop/driver/software links to the original post.

Wonder if it'll work with T500RS pedals. Opens up the market to T500RS owners wanted to sell the pedals and upgrade something better.

Last edited:
That's a really useful little device. Since I own two sets of TM pedals and find them comfortable I couldn't resist and immediately ordered one from the TM webshop. Quoted 5 days delivery, so we'll see.

I will do my best to find some time to test it with my T500 pedals once the adapter arrives, if nobody else confirms in the meantime.

My T3PA pedal set just developed a squeak when I press on the brakes hard or let off the throttle hard. I have had this set for about 4 months now with no issues.

Ok, the T.RJ12 USB adapter came yesterday, so I had a quick go with my T500RS pedals.
As expected, they work perfectly, since they are of course 100% identical to T3PA-Pro pedals.

Now Thrustmaster pedals deliver 1024 steps of resolution in total, which means if the potentiometers were perfect they would show raw values of 0 to 1023. Mine clearly need a small amount of deadzone, but much less than Thrusmaster provides by default.

Looking at the picture below, you can see that my pedals show a deadzone requirement of under 10 steps at the start of throw (as you can see they register 6, 7 and 0 respectively, there is a small fluctuation but not more than 1-2 steps). They also show a deadzone requirement of around the same at the end of travel (they register up to around 1016-1018).

The stock deadzones are 102 steps at both ends, but I could see anyone who dislikes the size of the stock deadzone getting one of these adapters to be able to use the calibration tool, just to reduce their deadzone from 102 steps down to ~20 steps. For some people this would actually be a big upgrade.

Here's my screenshot of the Calibration tool for reference:

T500%20pedals%20via%20T.RJ12%20USB%20adapter%20calibration%20screen.png

P.S. The adapter comes with a "car/plane" switch. Makes me think that Thrustmaster are planning to allow use of this adapter with rudder pedals, perhaps in a new flight/space sim product. There's no information in the manual about what the plane switch could be used for at this time but I would guess it's for "combined pedals" as needed for rudder.

Ok, the T.RJ12 USB adapter came yesterday, so I had a quick go with my T500RS pedals.
As expected, they work perfectly, since they are of course 100% identical to T3PA-Pro pedals.

Now Thrustmaster pedals deliver 1024 steps of resolution in total, which means if the potentiometers were perfect they would show raw values of 0 to 1023. Mine clearly need a small amount of deadzone, but much less than Thrusmaster provides by default.

Looking at the picture below, you can see that my pedals show a deadzone requirement of under 10 steps at the start of throw (as you can see they register 6, 7 and 0 respectively, there is a small fluctuation but not more than 1-2 steps). They also show a deadzone requirement of around the same at the end of travel (they register up to around 1016-1018).

The stock deadzones are 102 steps at both ends, but I could see anyone who dislikes the size of the stock deadzone getting one of these adapters to be able to use the calibration tool, just to reduce their deadzone from 102 steps down to ~20 steps. For some people this would actually be a big upgrade.

Here's my screenshot of the Calibration tool for reference:

T500%20pedals%20via%20T.RJ12%20USB%20adapter%20calibration%20screen.png

P.S. The adapter comes with a "car/plane" switch. Makes me think that Thrustmaster are planning to allow use of this adapter with rudder pedals, perhaps in a new flight/space sim product. There's no information in the manual about what the plane switch could be used for at this time but I would guess it's for "combined pedals" as needed for rudder.

Thanks for confirming that it works with T500RS pedals and insights on how it can be used to calibrate the deadzones.

Just wanted to say thanks to @JohnBodin for the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod. Service was fast and courteous, the setup was pretty easy and braking feels better. And the Load Cell Unit itself is of extremely high quality. The build quality blew me away.

As for driving, it feels as though I have much more precision braking into corners. It took a couple of days to get accustomed to, but now I would never go back. I considered this a must-have upgrade for my pedals and, for me, I was right. It makes that much difference versus the standard brake w/ the default brake mod. I've had it installed for a week and it just seems to get better and better.

Thanks your work, John.

Thanks for the feedback crowhop! :)

I have a new batch of T3PA and T500 load cells on my workbench now awaiting final assembly and testing, so you should see new stock starting to appear in the next week or so. If you've requested to be notified when stock becomes available, you should be receiving notifications once the stock is available.

:cool:

Reviving an old thread...just received my new T300 Alcantara Edition with T3PA (nonpro) pedals and was looking to upgrade with Bodin's load cell. Any idea if these are still being produced or when they will be in stock again?

Thanks

Wi

Hope to have more load cells ready for purchase within the next few weeks -- kicking off the new year with new stock for sale. :)

Back