Thrustmaster T3PA Pro & T3PA Wide Pedal Set Thread

Which one to get?

• Total voters
How is the T3PA pedals compared to the stock pedals of the T500RS?

I just bought the T500 pedals to my T300RS wheel. By the look, the T500 pedals have more quality and, why the Trurstmaster don't sold the T500 pedals separatly? I bought the T500 pedals from a guy who is build extreme cockpits and uses only the base of the T500RS, the pedals and the wheel he sells.

I bought t500 pedals too. It's much better than stock t300rs pedals. I am also waiting T3PA. I heard T500RS pedals + break mod is better than T3PA.

I agree.. TM should sell parts seperatly..:)

Hey, where do I purchase these t500rs pedals separately? I'm from US.. please post link if you can thanks in advance.

Hey, where do I purchase these t500rs pedals separately? I'm from US.. please post link if you can thanks in advance.

TM doesn't sell them separately.
@Jmilma bought a full T500 set to get the pedals.
@Cocomoto bought them from a rig builder in Brasil.

eBay and/or Sim-related forums WTB/FS sections are your best bet.
If you find some, try to get V.4 or later, V.1 thru V.3 have torsion springs.

Last edited:
I don't know how other EU-based guys are getting on, but I think I'm giving up waiting for the T3PA. By the look of the webshops here there's no chance of it launching in early February, in fact some shops which had it listed (on preorder) have removed it from their overview!

I wasn't intending to, but all this waiting and no ability to actually use my new TH8A with clutch got me to dig my Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals out of their box. Turns out that every PC race game I own is quite happy with 3 USB input devices (T300, TH8A, Clubsport pedals): Working like a charm on AC, RaceRoom, iRacing, pCARS, Wreckfest, GRiD Autosport, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Richard Burns Rally.

Probably going to cancel my T3PA order....

I don't know how other EU-based guys are getting on, but I think I'm giving up waiting for the T3PA. By the look of the webshops here there's no chance of it launching in early February, in fact some shops which had it listed (on preorder) have removed it from their overview!

I wasn't intending to, but all this waiting and no ability to actually use my new TH8A with clutch got me to dig my Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals out of their box. Turns out that every PC race game I own is quite happy with 3 USB input devices (T300, TH8A, Clubsport pedals): Working like a charm on AC, RaceRoom, iRacing, pCARS, Wreckfest, GRiD Autosport, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Richard Burns Rally.

Don`t bother with T3PA anymore, Just add 50 bugs and get yorself the CSR Elites. Thrust me, T3PA are just plastic toy, literally.

Of course if you need the second pedals for you second wheel fe. Otherwwise stay with Clubsports. T3PA does not worth it at all.

I just placed a pre-order through Amazon, and they sent me the following notification:

Estimated delivery date:
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 -
Thursday, March 19, 2015

I hate having to wait over a month, but hopefully they won't bump the shipping date out any farther.

I just placed a pre-order through Amazon, and they sent me the following notification:

Estimated delivery date:
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 -
Thursday, March 19, 2015

I hate having to wait over a month, but hopefully they won't bump the shipping date out any farther.
Damn that's long, I have to wait for 2 months then suddenly saw someone sell T500 pedal so I bought it and I don't understand why people doesn't like T3PA?
What's your pro and con of that pedal?

There are 9 available T3PA pedal set now on Amazon.. US that is..

There are 9 available T3PA pedal set now on Amazon.. US that is..
Yeah. Originally in this country it was going to become available in November (months after the first batches made it to US and a few other countries). That has been delayed so far, not a single shop here has received a T3PA yet as far as I can tell.

My preorder has been quoted dates gradually moving through November, December, January and February. It seems like they have low production capacity and are diverting production to US and other markets, sadly.

But on the plus side I finally took the time to get my Clubsport pedals working in all games with the TH8A shifter and T300. Wish I'd done this ages ago, H-shifting is so much fun with a high quality shifter!

Indeed but they aren't delivering in other eu countries arghhh.....guess I'l have to wait for amazon to get it on stock (not the usa one)!

I ordered from Overstock on Saturday (January 31st) -- order has been in the "Processing" state, and I JUST received an e-mail notifying me that my purchase price has been refunded. Not sure if they over-ordered and didn't receive as much stock as they thought, or if they're not receiving any T3PA units.

Still have the Amazon order in that's due to ship early in March. Fingers crossed! :(

I'm in need of some advice as I am going to purchase a wheel to use mostly on ps4.

Should I go t500rs with the t500 pedals (and aftermarket brake mod) or t300rs with the t3pa pedals?

It's my understanding that the t500 pedals are better. The t300rs + t3pa pedals will work out to the same price as the t500rs.

Any feedback to help me decide would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004J6KRD6/?tag=gtplanetca-20

T3PA Pedals arrived yesterday and 1st thing I noticed after unboxing them was they are huge, I offered them up to my A1GP Playseat ( 1st edition I think ) and the mounting holes did not line up at all so needed to pull out the drill and get to work making 2 new ones... once that was done they fitted up pretty much perfectly :)

After making sure they work via the control panel on PC I fired up GT6 on PS3, felt very comfortable straight away due to the wider spacing of the pedals and the pedals are ultra responsive with absolutely no dead zone at all !! , just need to touch the pedal lightly and it is already registering movement:D

The real reason I bought these pedals was because of the Conical brake mod they come with, previous to the Thustmaster gear I was using a G25 with a modded set of Pedals ( Gt eye ) which had very good progression on the brake... was very happy with that setup and was able to hit my braking target perfectly but unfortunately they had to go to make way for the T300 which came with the standard pedals. As mentioned above it is very hard to judge braking with the standard T300 Pedals and found myself making a lot more mistakes etc, this is mainly down to no progression in the brake...
So how does the Conical brake mod compare , well it is absolutely stunning :bowdown:the braking sensation is a lot stronger than the GTeye .. I mean you really do have to push the pedal hard, very hard to get the braking at 100% . you have to push the thing so hard at max setting that it would be useless without hardmounting the pedals as they would end up flying across the floor if not mounted:lol: I currently have it set so the 1st 30% of braking is light then the remaining 70% is when the mod takes effect , gets very very stiff at about 80%..pretty much perfect :D

Not tried out the clutch yet as I don't have the TH8A but it does work and feels slightly stiffer than the accelerator pedal, no real biting point on the clutch just a smooth movement.
Overall very happy with the Pedal set and a worthwhile upgrade for anyone not happy with the standard pedal set:)

A few pics :

16438466016_f28b43cf32_b.jpg

16276800978_486135b6d7_b.jpg

16463551922_946fda5a10_b.jpg

16438485616_eaf3f316b4_b.jpg

16463541832_32232ce09f_b.jpg

T3PA Pedals arrived yesterday and 1st thing I noticed after unboxing them was they are huge, I offered them up to my A1GP Playseat ( 1st edition I think ) and the mounting holes did not line up at all so needed to pull out the drill and get to work making 2 new ones... once that was done they fitted up pretty much perfectly :)

After making sure they work via the control panel on PC I fired up GT6 on PS3, felt very comfortable straight away due to the wider spacing of the pedals and the pedals are ultra responsive with absolutely no dead zone at all !! , just need to touch the pedal lightly and it is already registering movement:D

The real reason I bought these pedals was because of the Conical brake mod they come with, previous to the Thustmaster gear I was using a G25 with a modded set of Pedals ( Gt eye ) which had very good progression on the brake... was very happy with that setup and was able to hit my braking target perfectly but unfortunately they had to go to make way for the T300 which came with the standard pedals. As mentioned above it is very hard to judge braking with the standard T300 Pedals and found myself making a lot more mistakes etc, this is mainly down to no progression in the brake...
So how does the Conical brake mod compare , well it is absolutely stunning :bowdown:the braking sensation is a lot stronger than the GTeye .. I mean you really do have to push the pedal hard, very hard to get the braking at 100% . you have to push the thing so hard at max setting that it would be useless without hardmounting the pedals as they would end up flying across the floor if not mounted:lol: I currently have it set so the 1st 30% of braking is light then the remaining 70% is when the mod takes effect , gets very very stiff at about 80%..pretty much perfect :D

Not tried out the clutch yet as I don't have the TH8A but it does work and feels slightly stiffer than the accelerator pedal, no real biting point on the clutch just a smooth movement.
Overall very happy with the Pedal set and a worthwhile upgrade for anyone not happy with the standard pedal set:)

A few pics :

16438466016_f28b43cf32_b.jpg

16276800978_486135b6d7_b.jpg

16463551922_946fda5a10_b.jpg

16438485616_eaf3f316b4_b.jpg

16463541832_32232ce09f_b.jpg

Now you're making a T500RS owner jealous because of the conical brake mod. :lol: Anyway, congrats to finally receiving the pedals.

Would love to hear how it compares with the T500RS stock pedals + Basherboard brake mod.

My T3PA pedal set arrived last Friday and I've been using them over the weekend.

I bolted them to my Forza PlaySeat Evolution, and the holes lined up perfectly - a couple of M6 bolts keep them exactly where you want them. As mentioned above, this pedal set is pretty big, but that's no bad thing. Compared to the awful two pedal set that comes with the TX wheel, the T3PA set is in a different league altogether. Yes, there's still a lot of plastic in evidence, and yes, they're probably not as solid as a set of Fanatec ClubSports, but for £89 delivered, I think they're a worthwhile upgrade. It also helps that they plug straight in to the TX wheel without the need for any kind of adapter.

All three pedal fascias are adjustable (and metal), and I ended up moving the brake pedal fascia closer to the throttle. I may move the throttle fascia towards the brake too, but I'll see how I get on with heel and toe downshifts for a while first.

The throttle pedal has a decent feel to it, although I would probably have liked slightly more resistance. The clutch feels about right for most modern cars, but a bit light compared to, say a Porsche or aftermarket AP clutch. But it's the brake pedal that (rightfully) gets the spotlight when people talk about this pedal set. It's actually amazing how something as simple as a rubber cone can give you such good brake pedal feel.

Once you get the adjustment right for you, it takes only a few sessions for you to instinctively know how hard to push the brake pedal to get the level of retardation you're looking for. This is SO much easier than trying to remember how far to push the pedal, especially when you're hurtling towards a hairpin at 130mph!

I've also got the TH8A shifter mounted to the PlaySeat Gearshift Holder Pro, and the combination of this shifter with the T3PA pedals is fabulous. I'd got quite used to driving with the paddle shifters on the TX wheel and expected to struggle when I tried proper manual shifting. But when I'd plugged everything in, it just felt so much more immersive and natural, which isn't really surprising since both my real cars have six-speed manual boxes.

The quality and feel of the TH8A shifter is first rate, and if anyone has been putting off ordering one to go with their Thrustmaster wheel, I recommend that you get that order in as soon as possible - you won't regret it.

I was quite wary of buying the TX wheel due to all the horror stories out there regarding failed units in the early days, but not only has the wheel itself turned out to be great, but the Thrustmaster ecosystem is also superb. My only complaint is that Thrustmaster doesn't allow you to buy modular bundles. Given the choice I would have bought the wheel with the T3PA pedals rather than the two pedal set that will never see the light of day again.

T3PA-Rig_zpsc0a56a64.jpg

Last edited:
I bolted them to my Forza PlaySeat Evolution, and the holes lined up perfectly - a couple of M6 bolts keep them exactly where you want them.

: Yeah as I mentioned mine is a 1st generation A1GP Playseat ( bought when GT5P was released to give you an idea of how old it is! ) which I am pretty sure was only intended to have the Logitech G25 bolted to it as my pedal plate has a few holes in the same position as the Logitech pedals ... was actually surprised that the T300 2 pedal set has the same bolt pattern as the Logitech allowing it to be fitted but in a less than perfect position.... was far too high for my liking.
Playseat have now changed the designed and sell the pedal plate that you have ( probably for the T500 pedals also ) that have a lot more holes and seem to offer some sort of angle adjustment... I did send Playseat an email asking if I was able to buy the new pedal plate alone but a year on I am still waiting for that reply :/ bit late now anyway as the drill was brought out :D

Yes, there's still a lot of plastic in evidence, and yes, they're probably not as solid as a set of Fanatec ClubSports, but for £89 delivered, I think they're a worthwhile upgrade.

Agree quite a lot of plastic on show but from what I can see the only things plastic are the casing and pedal arms ... taking a looking under the arms can see it is full of metal down there and is pretty weighty as well :)

I've also got the TH8A shifter mounted to the PlaySeat Gearshift Holder Pro:

could you take a picture of this without the gearstick attached please, I have the original playseat gearstick holder for the G25 shifter but am hoping it can be modded or just accept the TH8A when I decide to get one

V : Get them wires cable tied to the frame ;)

Forza1_zps0ed1cc3c.jpg

IMG_1833_zpsd944ea33.jpg

Quote Fail:banghead: quote is in the expand thing:lol:

Quote Fail:banghead: quote is in the expand thing:lol:

Yeah, I did spot that you were running the older PlaySeat. Quite surprised that you can't buy the new plate separately, but then they also don't seem to sell the wheel base platform separately either, which would make switching between wheels much easier than unbolting and bolting bases every time you wanted to switch.

Strangely enough, despite the plethora of holes in the pedal plate, there was no way to line up the two holes in the original two-pedal TX set, which left me using one bolt and a couple of strips of velcro. I would have drilled a hole, but I knew I wasn't going to be keeping the original pedals for long.

Don't have a photo of the Gearshift Holder Pro without the TH8A, but I've grabbed one off google for you. It can be flipped over to mount on either side, and while all the bolts don't line up absolutely perfectly, it only takes a bit of wiggling to get it installed. There's lots of adjustment for reach and height, so you should be able to find a comfortable position. Not sure if the TH8A will fit onto the G27 holder, although if there's enough room to turn the knob, you might be able to use the table clamp to secure it.

The TH8A is well worth getting, it's a great bit of kit. Feels properly solid and makes a lovely clunk when you slam it into gear, although that's worth remembering if you're playing late at night and your family is asleep!

Yeah, yeah, I know about the cables - you're not telling me anything that my wife hasn't told me already :-) Two of those cables are the USB to the Xbox, and the power cable, both of which have to head off in that direction. I have added an extender to the USB cable now though, so I may be able to route it a bit more tidily. I promise that I will tie down the shifter and pedal cables, though :-)

BTW - Is that a Clio Williams in your avatar?

Playseat-GearShiftHolder-PRO_zpsc19c8ef2.jpg

Back