Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Which button on the rim is the same as the PS button? per the manual it is the center button on the bottom right of the rim. It has to be pressed for the console to use it (When in ps4 mode)

You can try this.. shut everything off. unhook the wheel from the console. Put the wheel in ps3 mode (switch).
Turn on your console and start up GTS with a normal controller. Once in the main menu hook up your wheel to the console and let it calibrate.
Now attempt to use your wheel d-pad to move the cursor around.

Not sure about your paddle shifters.. that sounds weird. Mine (Standard T300 RS ps4 rim) were a bit tacky when I first got my T300 but they worked perfectly after a few presses and have now worked for years without issue.

Do the same thing when you 1st flashed the Firmware.. you can do it as many times as you want really.

Guys thank you so much the Wheel is now working after Reflashing It! There is also a Button on the 599XX Rim that wasn't working properly (PS Button) That now works! Only problem that remains is the Paddle Shifters that feel stuck upon being pressed/clicked. I'm not sure whats causing so much resistance or how I can stop It as I can't be asked to return it back Just for Paddle Shifters...

Last edited:
Looks like they went a bit mental with the glue there.. a Stanley Knife should make short work of them glue strands there causing resistance, also doing that should not cause any harm and will obviously not void any warranty

Guys thank you so much the Wheel is now working after Reflashing It! There is also a Button on the 599XX Rim that wasn't working properly (PS Button) That now works! Only problem that remains is the Paddle Shifters that feel stuck upon being pressed/clicked. I'm not sure whats causing so much resistance or how I can stop It as I can't be asked to return it back Just for Paddle Shifters...

This... I was gonna say the exact same thing.

Hey guys , i am new to racing with wheel, i got a T150 Pro and i wanted to ask how much steering degrees do you guys use on GR.4, GR.3 and GR.1 cars? i use default and it feels a bit slow to me sometimes, like i have to steer too much every turn considering its race cars.

Maybe i am just going in too fast in to turns though? I used controller since GT1 to GT6, so i am kind of having trouble adjusting to wheel in games.

I can never get same times, I am always faster with controller. So.. i end up driving sport races with that instead, which is a bit of a waste..since i bought the wheel, but i am a lot slower and more unsafe with wheel at the moment, and that makes me feel bad cause i do not want to ruin online races. So i am unsure what to do at the moment.

Any tips please? Thanks!

Also my setting is FFB Torque 2 and FFB Sensitivity on 7

Hey guys , i am new to racing with wheel, i got a T150 Pro and i wanted to ask how much steering degrees do you guys use on GR.4, GR.3 and GR.1 cars? i use default and it feels a bit slow to me sometimes, like i have to steer too much every turn considering its race cars.

Maybe i am just going in too fast in to turns though? I used controller since GT1 to GT6, so i am kind of having trouble adjusting to wheel in games.

I can never get same times, I am always faster with controller. So.. i end up driving sport races with that instead, which is a bit of a waste..since i bought the wheel, but i am a lot slower and more unsafe with wheel at the moment, and that makes me feel bad cause i do not want to ruin online races. So i am unsure what to do at the moment.

Any tips please? Thanks!

Just keep trying on the wheel, it takes a while but in the long run its worth it. Put the controller away 👍

Any tips please? Thanks!

Every time you qualify and race you have to put the wheel base in to mode 3 to adjust the turning angle

Any tips please? Thanks!

Ho, I'm waiting my t150 arrives, how many degree there were by default? 270?

By default the wheel is set to 1080 degrees of rotation. I run my T150 and T300 (have two rigs) both at 900 degrees of rotation.

I could never put down good times with a controller. The feeling is so unnatural. Driving with my thumb and shifting with my fingers. I didn't play racing games much until I got my sim gear. But I've also been running local Auto-cross for a few years so aiming for apexes and having nimble feet to modulate braking and throttle control came quick in the gaming world. Also have only driven manual gear box cars for the last 10 years has helped as well. Just second nature.

Just keep trying on the wheel, it takes a while but in the long run its worth it. Put the controller away 👍

Thanks, i will try to, i noticed part of my issue is that i did not press the brake enough most of the time, i forgot it has alot of travel, since on controller its so easy to press it all the way. So i am kinda getting the hang of it now, just need to practice i guess.

Hey, its 900° default i think

Every time you qualify and race you have to put the wheel base in to mode 3 to adjust the turning angle

Thanks, but how do i access the mode 3?

Last edited:
If I turn my wheel too hard, it activates the Share button and brings me to the menu. I was 2nd with two turns to go and I was put in auto drive and finished 6th. I changed the settings to only take snaps when I hit the button but it still opens the menu from time to time. Am-I the only one with this crappy bug?

If I turn my wheel too hard, it activates the Share button and brings me to the menu. I was 2nd with two turns to go and I was put in auto drive and finished 6th. I changed the settings to only take snaps when I hit the button but it still opens the menu from time to time. Am-I the only one with this crappy bug?
I haven’t had that happen to me yet buddy, granted my T300 is only a about two weeks old. I had the most fun I’ve had on gts this morning racing with ya!

Thanks, i will try to, i noticed part of my issue is that i did not press the brake enough most of the time, i forgot it has alot of travel, since on controller its so easy to press it all the way. So i am kinda getting the hang of it now, just need to practice i guess.

Hey, its 900° default i think

Thanks, but how do i access the mode 3?
Firstly set the wheel rotation to 540 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

So it needs to flash 3 times. Then the wheel is set to 540 degrees. But this has to be done every qualifying and the start of every race it wasn't like this on gt6 once you set the mode it stayed it it for any car or race

No. It’s probably not a bug though. Hardware related. There’s flex or something in the connection between the wheel and the base where it registers as buttons being pressed.

Someone suggested disconnecting the wheel and tightening all screws on the connection between the wheel and the base, which I did. It seemed to help but not get entirely rid of the problem. I honestly wish the game would let me remap all buttons so I could basically remove the share and start button as those seem the only ones affected. I usually use a controller to navigate the menus anyway.

Edit: typos!

Last edited:
No. It’s probsbly not a bug though. Hardware related. There’s flex or something in the wheel base where it registers as buttons being pressed.

Someone suggested disconnecting the wheel and tightening all screws on the connection between the wheel and the base, which I did. It seemed to help but not get entirely rid of the problem. I honestly wish the game would let me remap all buttons soon could basically remove the share and start button as those seem the only ones affected. I usually use a controller to navigate the minus anyway.

I’ll try that thanks! I wish I could just deactivate the Share function. There’s no point having it on a wheel other than getting official PS4 branding.

Than you all for the replyes, when watching replay with cockpit view it lock's like in race car the steering is around 270 degree, so i thought was the default. 900 way too much I think, I will try 540 but for my taste I think is too much to quick turn.

So is there a way to adjust the rotation on the T-GT for the PS4 which is essentially a T300? I have hooked it up to a PC and raced in I-Racing and could adjust rotation. I read through the manual and could not locate instructions on this.

So is there a way to adjust the rotation on the T-GT for the PS4 which is essentially a T300? I have hooked it up to a PC and raced in I-Racing and could adjust rotation. I read through the manual and could not locate instructions on this.

Read andyparks post above. If the tgt is like the t300 then that method will work. I don't get why people want to adjust away from the automatic settings imposed by the game. I have never found the cars hard to drive using the auto settings. Maybe they are not "realistic" but who cares.

Read andyparks post above. If the tgt is like the t300 then that method will work. I don't get why people want to adjust away from the automatic settings imposed by the game. I have never found the cars hard to drive using the auto settings. Maybe they are not "realistic" but who cares.
The reason you need to adjust turning angle because controllers go round corners faster

The reason you need to adjust turning angle because controllers go round corners faster

I still don't understand andy. How does adjusting your wheel away from the gt default setting of 360 degrees to 540 degrees make you faster around a turn. The ffb sensitivity setting seems to allow everything from very sluggish turn in to very quick turn in. And even though my wheel is set at 900 on the pc it still is about 360 for most of the cars in gt. GT does not try to replicate the real life lock to lock of every car in the game.

I still don't understand andy. How does adjusting your wheel away from the gt default setting of 360 degrees to 540 degrees make you faster around a turn. The ffb sensitivity setting seems to allow everything from very sluggish turn in to very quick turn in. And even though my wheel is set at 900 on the pc it still is about 360 for most of the cars in gt. GT does not try to replicate the real life lock to lock of every car in the game.
When my wheel is I'm mode 5 1080 when I start qualifying and race it isn't 360
Ever time i start qualifying and race the wheel is in mode 5 1080 not 360 I have to adjust it to mode 3

When my wheel is I'm mode 5 1080 when I start qualifying and race it isn't 360

Ever time i start qualifying and race the wheel is in mode 5 1080 not 360 I have to adjust it to mode 3

I didn't know that my t500 would adjust the same way as yours but I looked it up and it will. However I'm not touching it because it comes up the same every time for me, which must be 270 since 360 is not an option. Still, with the kart it only takes about 90 degrees to go lock to lock.

I won't use a pedal set without the mod or a load cell. You have the ability to modulate the brake input much better when you have more resistance. It also allows me to be hard on the brakes without hitting full brake and thus avoids locking the brakes.

Yeah, the brake mod is necessary imo... I set mine up to where I get 50% brake power before I feel resistance... make it exponentially easier to be precise
Okay great, thanks guys :) do I need shoes to comfortably brake with the mod or can I continue in my socks? :lol:

Depends on how stiff you set it. I eventually bought a pair of light weight shoes with a super thin sole so barely a step above socks but the rubber sole helps so my feet don't slip on the metal pedal faces.

Don't think it necessary but any extra grip has been helpful.

I would recommend something :-) I've been using my thicker socks so far on my left foot :-)

But I plan to put a piece of carpet for where my heel goes below both pedals as well as putting a little piece of carpet on my brake pad. I'm kind of worried about hurting the bottom of my foot after putting in close to 8000 Miles or so on Gran Turismo.

I'm not sure I understand why people want to change the default rotation on the wheel itself. What is that actually doing? If you set for example 540, does the wheel lock itself to a maximum of 540 degrees rotation and report that as 100% lock to the driver? Isn't the game already registering full lock of the car at much less than 1080 degrees anyway?

A button is on or off.. there is no sensitivity to it. They don't have those pressure sensitive buttons on the Thrustmaster products. Also since the random button press has been around on the T500 and the T300 years before GTS has been out then I am pretty darn sure it is not the game. Like I said before.. new games with different types of FFB will shake things loose and the build quality on the wheels is shotty so things do not stay tight.

If you want to wait around and see if PD is going to solve this problem for you.. it ain't going to happen.

Also many more of us are not experiencing the random button presses on our T500s and T300s so stating that "too many" people are getting it in GTS holds no weight.

I am seriously trying to help people with an issue that has been around on these products for years and is often very easy to remedy. I do not understand why people are trying to argue against it.
You are probably right, and I do appreciate the advice on tightening the screws (which I have done, and they did feel quite loose). It is pretty hard not to assume there are certain quirks of the game/PS4 driver when you've used your wheel for several years with no phantom presses on PC and then instantly get one the moment you first try it on a PS4 though. It's very strange. I've actually only seen it happen once though.

Last edited:
After testing the brake mod it is waaayyy too hard. Hitting 15% and it won’t brake more even if I push as hard as I can. And it is screwed all the way in. Hmmmm

Back