Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Got a good price on a t300rs gt yesterday. Updated the firmware to v27. So far so good, happy with the difference from my old g27. Is it recommended to always have the fan turned on or does it have an auto feature where it opens up when needed? This thread is awesome thanks for the info on how to change the wheel rotations!

After testing the brake mod it is waaayyy too hard. Hitting 15% and it won’t brake more even if I push as hard as I can. And it is screwed all the way in. Hmmmm

Did you recalibrate it after you put the mod in? When the wheel calibrates push the brake as hard as you'll ever want to and that pressure should be calibrated to 100%.

Did you recalibrate it after you put the mod in? When the wheel calibrates push the brake as hard as you'll ever want to and that pressure should be calibrated to 100%.
I did not. Thought I had to calibrate within GTS but there was no option for that. Guess I’ll try again later. Thanks :)

Got a good price on a t300rs gt yesterday. Updated the firmware to v27. So far so good, happy with the difference from my old g27. Is it recommended to always have the fan turned on or does it have an auto feature where it opens up when needed? This thread is awesome thanks for the info on how to change the wheel rotations!
I keep it on always. Better safe than sorry!

So, with the standard pedals set, if I want full braking with half course of the pedal, I can half press the brake when wheel calibrates? Same for the throttle?
Tank you excuse me for the intromission :bowdown::D

So, with the standard pedals set, if I want full braking with half course of the pedal, I can half press the brake when wheel calibrates? Same for the throttle?
Tank you excuse me for the intromission :bowdown::D

I think it keeps recalibrating while you are driving, so 100% will always be equal to the farthest you have pressed it.

Correct, when you press the brake hard it will recalibrate the furthest you push it down at 100% even during a race.

And yes just press the mode and start buttons for a second or two and the fan will turn on automatically and after that it will automatically turn on right away every time, you don't have to keep on doing it.

Had the whole weekend to test out combinations of settings. Man im enjoying my t300rs gt so much right now. Best settings so far for me is FFB:4, Sensitivity:6, ABS:Weak. Firmware v27.

Does it not bother anyone that there are only 6 remappable buttons + Dpad? How do you guys work it out? I need 4 buttons just for the HUD itself and then I need another buttons for hazard light, change view, rear view, flash lights, toggle low/high beam, turn on/off ghost and reverse. Plus I may need a button for wipers as rain will probably come in. Any solutions?

EDIT: just found out there are 2 more button on the base, I guess that makes it possible then.

I think pd have let us down with no steering wheels settings..I tried to do campaign with my steering wheel but couldn't change mode in time so I could get round the corners so I used the controller

Just got my new wheel. T300rs gt. I don’t have enough space for a seat so I’m looking for a wheel stand. What would u guys suggest? Wheel stand pro v2(pole in the middle isn’t a problem), next level wheel stand or the gt omega wheel stand. I’m going to sit in my couch(45-55cm above ground).If I go for the wheel stand pro I’ll have to wait couple of weeks, but I’m still looking for other site to get it sooner.
With this info what would you suggest

Get a PlaySeat challenge you can fold it up and doesn't take much room up

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508440414852.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508440414852.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 136
Just got my new wheel. T300rs gt. I don’t have enough space for a seat so I’m looking for a wheel stand. What would u guys suggest? Wheel stand pro v2(pole in the middle isn’t a problem), next level wheel stand or the gt omega wheel stand. I’m going to sit in my couch(45-55cm above ground).If I go for the wheel stand pro I’ll have to wait couple of weeks, but I’m still looking for other site to get it sooner.
With this info what would you suggest

I have both a WSPv2 (with Fanatec gear on my PC) and Ultimate Gaming Wheel Stand (with my T300RS GT on PS4). Both are great, but latter is less than half the cost of the former and given the level of power that the T300 has, I think it’s more than enough for GT Sport.

If you were looking to mount a Fanatec or DD type wheel, I’d recommend the sturdiness of the WSP. But for T300, UGS is good enough and will save you a hundred bucks.

Hi, someone with the T150 can do me the big favour to try how is the ffb set to 1/1 with the new gt sport patch?
Tank you very much

Good evening Gents, I am posting for some help and advice with getting my trusty Thrustmaster T500RS updated to the new Firmware version 46. The wheels is stuck at firmware version 43, so it works with GT6 on the PS3, but it's a brick on the PS4.

Here is my issue, and what I have done so far.

My wheel is currently stuck at firmware version 43, and when i try and update it, I keep getting an error code stating "Error: time out device should had arrived in BULK. (Code: 0x34100001)". I've tried updating the wheel on 3 different Windows 10 computers with the newest driver software downloaded from Thrustmaster's support page, but again, nothing happens after I get the error code. What makes it worse is the firmware updater removes the old firmware, so I have to use this old Windows XP desktop to push the older firmware back on the wheel so it turns on.

I've contacted Thrustmaster, and am waiting for a reply on helping me with the issue. In the meantime, has anyone here experienced the same issue and figured out a fix? Any help will be appreciated, so I can enjoy GT Sport with my wheel, it's just not the same with the controller.

Thanks for any advice or tips!

Last edited:
Does it not bother anyone that there are only 6 remappable buttons + Dpad? How do you guys work it out? I need 4 buttons just for the HUD itself and then I need another buttons for hazard light, change view, rear view, flash lights, toggle low/high beam, turn on/off ghost and reverse. Plus I may need a button for wipers as rain will probably come in. Any solutions?

EDIT: just found out there are 2 more button on the base, I guess that makes it possible then.
I keep the mode fonction with their up/down select on the pad, so i use it when i have too. Otherwise all other setting are on the wheel, and i just only map the turn right to switch mode on the wheel at least.

Good evening Gents, I am posting for some help and advice with getting my trusty Thrustmaster T500RS updated to the new Firmware version 46. The wheels is stuck at firmware version 43, so it works with GT6 on the PS3, but it's a brick on the PS4.

Here is my issue, and what I have done so far.

My wheel is currently stuck at firmware version 43, and when i try and update it, I keep getting an error code stating "Error: time out device should had arrived in BULK. (Code: 0x34100001)". I've tried updating the wheel on 3 different Windows 10 computers with the newest driver software downloaded from Thrustmaster's support page, but again, nothing happens after I get the error code. What makes it worse is the firmware updater removes the old firmware, so I have to use this old Windows XP desktop to push the older firmware back on the wheel so it turns on.

I've contacted Thrustmaster, and am waiting for a reply on helping me with the issue. In the meantime, has anyone here experienced the same issue and figured out a fix? Any help will be appreciated, so I can enjoy GT Sport with my wheel, it's just not the same with the controller.

Thanks for any advice or tips!
Have you tried the Bootloader method.

Check out this link.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/t500rs/t500rs_bootloader_method.pdf

Even though it shows V43, it did update it to V46 when I used it a few weeks ago.

Guys.. any of you have this problem???

I´ve got a T500RS with original GT wheel and when racing (GTS) , (either in real time racing (SPORT MODE) in full race or in training mode only) randomly but mainly when curving, the default "button" defined for "Pause" (and sometimes too the one defined for "Change View") are activated like if they were pressed.. and they surely aren't!!! (calling the referred Menu/command)

This may happen during almost every lap, or sometimes once in the whole race... or... not (but mostly of races it will happen at least once)

I´ve started noticing this only one week ago... and after the game update 1.06 (November/17) so I´m not sure if it´s a hardware problem or a software one...

This mostly makes me loose time and sometimes... get out of the track... :(

I someone else has or had this problem, please leave me an hint!

Thanks!!

I´ve got a T500RS with original GT wheel and when racing (GTS) , (either in real time racing (SPORT MODE) in full race or in training mode only) randomly but mainly when curving, the default "button" defined for "Pause" (and sometimes too the one defined for "Change View") are activated like if they were pressed.. and they surely aren't!!! (calling the referred Menu/command)

This may happen during almost every lap, or sometimes once in the whole race... or... not (but mostly of races it will happen at least once)

I´ve started noticing this only one week ago... and after the game update 1.06 (November/17) so I´m not sure if it´s a hardware problem or a software one...

Thanks!!

It is a common problem with TM wheels. It happens very occasionally on my T300. Opinion is divided as to whether it is hardware or software. It was suggested (maybe somewhere in this thread) that it's caused by a bad connection between the wheel and the base.

There is some discussion about it here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racing-updated-resulted.368931/#post-12064154

It is a common problem with TM wheels. It happens very occasionally on my T300. Opinion is divided as to whether it is hardware or software. It was suggested (maybe somewhere in this thread) that it's caused by a bad connection between the wheel and the base.

There is some discussion about it here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racing-updated-resulted.368931/#post-12064154

Thanks dude!!! I´ve reported this to Thrusmaster Support Service... let´s see what they come up with!!

My T300RS **** the bed tonight. Was doing qualifying laps, paused to get a drink and came back to an unresponsive unit. I rebooted the PS4 and the base powered up attempting to spin and calibrate (I could hear and feel it trying), but the wheel was locked. After a few moments the base went to sleep. I've updated the firmware to v28 (the latest) and it behaves the same.

After reading about all the issues with this wheel, I will be returning it to get something else. Too bad, because it was a nice set up... All 2.5 weeks that it lasted...

Thanks!!

Let me know how you go please. The same thing happens to me, except there's no way of predicting which button it will press (mostly pause, but sometimes even the PS home button!). But, it doesn't happen that often to me.

Let me know how you go please. The same thing happens to me, except there's no way of predicting which button it will press (mostly pause, but sometimes even the PS home button!). But, it doesn't happen that often to me.

The problem is fixed!!! It was due to bad connection, because the "ring" attachment from the wheel to the wheel base had some slack!!! After fastening it again tight, the problem is gone!!!

Correction.... the update is not from the Firmware but form Drivers!! Firmware & Drivers are not the same!!
Correction on your correction. The official Thrustmaster Facebook page announcement says otherwise.

Attachments

• 2B2BB6BD-49F4-4293-BCEE-571EA45CC9F0.jpeg
    2B2BB6BD-49F4-4293-BCEE-571EA45CC9F0.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 167
My T300RS **** the bed tonight. Was doing qualifying laps, paused to get a drink and came back to an unresponsive unit. I rebooted the PS4 and the base powered up attempting to spin and calibrate (I could hear and feel it trying), but the wheel was locked. After a few moments the base went to sleep. I've updated the firmware to v28 (the latest) and it behaves the same.

After reading about all the issues with this wheel, I will be returning it to get something else. Too bad, because it was a nice set up... All 2.5 weeks that it lasted...
2 and a half weeks??

Back