Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
T300 with TH8A and G27 pedals both connected to the wheel on a CSL stand. Everything works. Haven't played with the FF and sensitivity settings much but 3/3 feels good. The only thing I've noticed that feels weird is vibration during understeer under heavy breaking. This goes away when ABS is turned off.

I wonder if the vibrations people are feeling is GT trying to recreate how ABS and TC feel when they kick in. I'm not sure how much experience people have in the real world with those aids but when they activate in my car that's almost exactly how it feels (vibrations from the breaks being stabed at repeatedly). It's kind of jarring if you've never felt it before.

Well I drive a real car with ABS and that's not what it feels like when it kicks in. Also the T500 goes into this shudder/understeer failure even if you don't touch the brakes.

Gonna chech myself this miracolous homemade fix later, after work.
Mostly because it seems that I'm now too seasoned with the wheel on PC between Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 (which in the latter I compete in an international endurance championship) that it seems I'm now completely unable to use the DS4, even with sensivity on maximum I just couldn't steer the LM55 on Brands Hatch GP, went out of the track 6 times in 2 laps.
This means that if I want to progress in the game... Steering wheel or nothing.

For T300 users.

- turn on the game with wheel attached as normal
- disconnect wheel from ps4 after menu apears and switch it to ps3 mode
- plug in the wheel to ps4
- play with normal ffb :)

Button configuration can be changed in T500 tab.

If this works you are my hero for this week!!!!!

somebunny-thinks-you.jpg

How muck weaker does it feel??

(I normaly have FFb on 20/25 % on other games)

IT WORKED!
I'm still 1/1 though, because I use low FFB even in AC and rF2, because I know that race cars have very light steer to not compromise driver's steering and not fatigue them before the necessary. Also, the ABS and TCS thing is good and right, but I think too strong though, compared to the overall normal steering force effect.

I wonder if the vibrations people are feeling is GT trying to recreate how ABS and TC feel when they kick in. I'm not sure how much experience people have in the real world with those aids but when they activate in my car that's almost exactly how it feels (vibrations from the breaks being stabed at repeatedly). It's kind of jarring if you've never felt it before.
Doubtful, unless there is something even stranger going on- last I checked, ABS isn't going to engage under acceleration and TC is off. It's probably just a canned understeer effect.

Doubtful, unless there is something even stranger going on- last I checked, ABS isn't going to engage under acceleration and TC is off. It's probably just a canned understeer effect.
The highlighted part is spot on.

The shaking of the wheel is a canned effect designed to stop people from understeering. With most games (and in real life) the wheel goes light during understeer, but this causes the more novice drivers to simply try and turn in harder creating more understeer. The vibrating of the wheel getting worse as understeer increases is designed to train people to ease off the steering angle to lessen the effect on their wheel. It's a design choice, but one I personally don't like.

This is what I love about this site, members helping members. My question is does this work around eliminate the vibration from the canned understeer effect?
I have been afraid to plug my wheel in (T150) due to the vibration. I can live with a heavy wheel but not the vibration.

IT WORKED!
I'm still 1/1 though, because I use low FFB even in AC and rF2, because I know that race cars have very light steer to not compromise driver's steering and not fatigue them before the necessary. Also, the ABS and TCS thing is good and right, but I think too strong though, compared to the overall normal steering force effect.
I thought race cars had heavy steering with no electric steering in sight?

Thanks to the person who came up with the fix hope Polyphony Digital see this post because I can't find any where to report bugs

It are state of the art cars,,,... off course they have electrics helping them out.

Depends on the series. Some have power steering, some don't. Formula 1 cars have power steering, for example, but Indycars don't. And in Formula 1, the power steering cannot be electronically controlled. It all depends on series regulations.

Most of the help from power steering is in low speed sections though, or in allowing a much faster steering box ratio (faster steering ratios have less mechanical advantage and make steering heavier). In the average street car, for example, power steering assist is highest at idle and lowest (sometimes turned off entirely) at freeway speeds. The physics of how tires work makes it easier to turn the wheel at speed than when standing still or moving slowly.

I just purchased the T-GT, everything was working fine until I did an update of the GT Sports game itself, the gas and brake pedal switched, now the gas is on left, and brake is on right, anyone experience this before?

I just purchased the T-GT, everything was working fine until I did an update of the GT Sports game itself, the gas and brake pedal switched, now the gas is on left, and brake is on right, anyone experience this before?
Does your wheel have a "MODE" button, on the T500RS its to switch the pedals based on configuration.

I have not tried GTS since the closed beta - I do not remember the FFB being all that bad but I only drove a little bit. Did these issues pop up later in the open beta / demo? Sad that the most common wheels (T300/T500) are experiencing issues in a game that is supposed to be as polished as GT.

Did anyone check the old camber bug? :lol:

Why haven't they looked at Project Cars how the setting are in that game. They took the time to release GT Sport so they could have done it right instead of the lousy settings for the T500RS like they'r now. Expected so much more of this game after all these years (certainly now i also play Project Cars 1 & 2). Badly disappointed. And then all the errors in the game and the "not be able to login" errors because of maintenance. :-(

The only thing I've noticed that feels weird is vibration during understeer under heavy breaking. This goes away when ABS is turned off.

Great thanks.

T500 owner here. I turned off ABS and the vibration during understeer was reduced whilst braking but not completely gone. So I hooked up my T500 to a Drivehub and with ABS off there is no more vibration during understeer whilst braking.

Last edited:
This is interesting. I wanted to play today but my PS4 Pro would not recognise my T300RS.
In frustration I set the wheel to PS3 mode and voila, it started working!
And guess what, the heavy FFB is gone! It actually feels okay on settings 1 and 1.

Give it a try guys. You've got nothing to lose, except heavy FFB.

Thanks for sharing this. Now I've got decent FFB settings I can really start to enjoy the game. One thing to watch out for though. The PS4 seems to think there is no controller connected and shuts down after the inactivity time-out... just as I was about to win one of the missions which I'd been struggling with for ages, as it happens.

I already triend the t500rs without abs.but still there is a sudden short burst of vibration. If you turn the wheel in a cenrtain angle. Its really annoying. When I race online in nuburgring track. You fell jackhammering in corners that have certain angel of the wheel.damn hope they fix it in the update.if not going in project cars 2.

Thanks for sharing... made the game much better on the FFB-side! Running 6/6 now, and it seems like I'm having an easier time pushing the car and finding the limits... don't know if it's placebo, though ;)

I just wish they'd go in this direction with the FFB... and then add some input from braking, so it's easier to tell when the tires are about to lock up etc.

Latest Posts

Back