Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Was thinking about picking up the game today but this news about the Thrustmaster wheels having FFB issues is making me have second thoughts. I have a T150/T3PA Pro wheel/pedals.

Once I had adjusted it via PC settings, I plugged it into my PS4 and all my settings for F1 2017 were off / as. I had to alter them back through the PC to get it to how I like it.
Adjusting the settings via PC does nothing once you connect back to the PS4, it reverts back to the default settings or game default settings, it will only remember any settings if used on a PC !

I am just going through the driving school on the full game. Though the grinding has stopped, I feel the force feedback is still the same i.e too high despite turning down both settings to 1. I am risking my T300 rs, 2 have died on me previously because of this issue in another game.

I can confirm that FFB feels better now on t300rs but still too strong. Only confortable to play with counter steering assist on weak and all ffb setting on 1.
I wouldn't even say it is comfortable with this setting, ffb of 1 should be MUCH lighter, I feel this setting is more like a 5 would feel. Sorry, I'm not willing to risk it, unplayable for me currently.

Have any of you checked to see what degree of rotation your wheel is set to?
Another tip, watch my t300 tutorial on tech drive life and run the fan always on mode if you're trying to keep your t300 from wearing out.
Haven't heard of the game giving t300 users problems, just t500's so that's news to me. I'll have my T300GT Edition and rig set back up by the end of the week so I'll report back here with some tips if I find any. If "caster" is a setting you're able to adjust in a car, try tweaking that. In theory it should have an effect on the ffb strength (in reality it does for sure).

This is interesting. I wanted to play today but my PS4 Pro would not recognise my T300RS.
In frustration I set the wheel to PS3 mode and voila, it started working!
And guess what, the heavy FFB is gone! It actually feels okay on settings 1 and 1.

Give it a try guys. You've got nothing to lose, except heavy FFB.

Played for about 6 hours straight yesterday on myT300 and no issues what so ever and again for a few hours last night.
I have my fan on run always mode and did not experience any drop off in FFB or find it too harsh to turn it down. Felt quite good depending on the car I was driving.
I did experience the game paused when in a race as I turned the wheel, but that may be from me removing my wheel a few nights ago so will check the wiring is not pinched.

Glad it's not just me. T300rs here and that understeer grinding shakes my whole rig! It's really awful. Glad to see they are aware though, hopefully they can fix itsooner than rather than later.

Except the well know issue with FFB, someone has find a way to set the rotation degree or they still reset every time you pause the game?

It's really strange but i'm having no problems with my T300RS. On the track the car feels planted and the steering is not over heavy. The only time it feels heavy is when I leave track. What do you guys have you wheel attached too? I'm using wheel stand pro.

Man, I hope they fix the FFB issue with Thrustmaster wheels soon. I'm about 4 hours in on a T500RS and it feels like you hit a giant invisible pothole when you use a lot of steering angle and understeer. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

ingame the update menu says for t500 it will be addressed in the next update, would be really nice if they can also add the t300 to that list!!!!!

T500 user and i cant play exactly the same as mentioned the wheel shake during sliding is horrible, i hope this is a bug. I seem to remember during the first beta this wheel shake/heavy vibration did not happen did it?

Edit. My friend was using his t300rs last night on gtsport then all of a sudden no power to his wheel? Did gtsport break it? It is 6 months old.
It happen to me too .... did it happen when u racing a endurance race ... for me it happen twice in the last mission in the line 6 the race with 30 laps

Except the well know issue with FFB, someone has find a way to set the rotation degree or they still reset every time you pause the game?
It's been resetting mode since the beta and not been fixed it was like this on AC and pcars 2

It happen to me too .... did it happen when u racing a endurance race ... for me it happen twice in the last mission in the line 6 the race with 30 laps
It happens every race every time I start to push. Wheel slip causes horrible wheel shake.

Hi there,

I'm also having problems with the T300rs GT Edition (FFB too strong).
I also have the TH8A Shifter Add-On connected at the base of the T300rs. If you are having the same FFB problem, please comment here if you also have the TH8A Shifter Add-On and whether it is connected to the base or connected directly to the PS4.
Another thing, if someone has this same set (T300rs GT + TH8A Shifter Add-On) and considers that the FFB is good, please inform us.

Thank you.

I don't think the game is really playable with the T500 as is, if you have to use more than a minimal amount of steering input the wheel vibrates hard and you understeer badly. I'm working through the mission tests in the meantime but wouldn't want to be in a race like that. The settings reset bug is unfortunate too, that's been an issue since GT5 and should have been fixed a long time ago. Does the T-GT have the same bug?

Hi there,

I'm also having problems with the T300rs GT Edition (FFB too strong).
I also have the TH8A Shifter Add-On connected at the base of the T300rs. If you are having the same FFB problem, please comment here if you also have the TH8A Shifter Add-On and whether it is connected to the base or connected directly to the PS4.
Another thing, if someone has this same set (T300rs GT + TH8A Shifter Add-On) and considers that the FFB is good, please inform us.

Thank you.

check the announcements on the bottom of the screen in the menu of gts!!!!!! (it gives you a idea what pd is working on!!)
to connect your shifter you should plug it into the ps4 not in your wheelbase!!!

Anyone feel a slick shock when touching your wheel? I feel it when touching the rear circle mounting metal bit behind the share button. Now i suppose i know why my first one went kaput when i left it on too long.

It gives problem to both T300 and T500 users as those 2 wheels for some reason share the same exact firmware. So the only difference between the 2 is the hardware itself with T500 being less refined, but stronger (which means will increase bug influence even more than the T300).

Ps4 slim, t300 alcantara, th8a shifter connected directly to the base, g27 pedals with 3 spring upgrade. Absolutely no problems when looked at in a vacuum. However when compared to project cars 2 the lack of wheel fidelity is honestly jarring. The developers need to improve on this massively if they have any aspirations of being anything more than an arcade game.

For T300 users.

- turn on the game with wheel attached as normal
- disconnect wheel from ps4 after menu apears and switch it to ps3 mode
- plug in the wheel to ps4
- play with normal ffb :)

Button configuration can be changed in T500 tab.

Interesting find, I will definitely try this as it is normally much to strong at min settings. Thanks for posting this info:tup:

Hi Guys, UK user here, just read the temporary fix for the T300rs, Been playing on a pad since launch, plays perfect and you can be equally competitive imo, just rigged my T300 up this afternoon and can confirm it's the same as last weeks Demo in that the FFB is too severe on 5/5 or even 1/1 setting.
Dissapointing!!

Just read mataman's fix, tried it and viola he's right, working spot on.
Ive not gone in yet and messed with settings just set-up a GT Planet account and posted reply.
Ben uk PSN- Thekiddie

This is interesting. I wanted to play today but my PS4 Pro would not recognise my T300RS.
In frustration I set the wheel to PS3 mode and voila, it started working!
And guess what, the heavy FFB is gone! It actually feels okay on settings 1 and 1.

Give it a try guys. You've got nothing to lose, except heavy FFB.

This is actually works!

Back