Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
I'm sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but where can you find a list of which wheels that are supported by Gran Turismo Sport? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Will the Logitech G29 Driving Force be supported for instance?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

■Steering Controller
- There have been cases where the H Pattern shifter THRUSTMASTER® TH8A is not recognized properly.

- On the Thrustmaster T500RS steering controller, we will correct the issue where there is excessive vibration when turning the steering wheel over a certain amount (causing understeer).

- We will increase the steering speed on the standard DualShock 4 controller to improve controllability while oversteering and drifting.

These issues will be corrected in a future update.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our players.

oh hummmmmm...... this is not good, unless its fixed in the 1.02.... so much for Kaz's tweet!?!!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

■Steering Controller
- There have been cases where the H Pattern shifter THRUSTMASTER® TH8A is not recognized properly.

- On the Thrustmaster T500RS steering controller, we will correct the issue where there is excessive vibration when turning the steering wheel over a certain amount (causing understeer).

- We will increase the steering speed on the standard DualShock 4 controller to improve controllability while oversteering and drifting.

These issues will be corrected in a future update.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our players.

oh hummmmmm...... this is not good, unless its fixed in the 1.02.... so much for Kaz's tweet!?!!
No words about FFB at all, only about the vibration, this doesn't look very promising... :(

Very curious to see if the FF issues were only a bug in the demo or still present in the final build.
Waiting for day one GT SPORT owner impressios!

Very curious to see if the FF issues were only a bug in the demo or still present in the final build.
Waiting for day one GT SPORT owner impressios!
Same here, Kaz tweeted that the issue is fixed in the final product, looks like he might lie...

Not only, we was already discussing that ffb feels numb and the linearity for the pedals are not right...
I can't judge the ffb with the vibration problem. Loose grip information is important but with the hard vibrations..
But for the pedal you mention, is it for the brake one ? Because i found i had to push harder on the course

Has anyone who's got the final build, and installed the day 1 latest update, tried the T500RS yet?
Can anyone confirm if the vibration has been fixed for the T500RS?

But for the pedal you mention, is it for the brake one ? Because i found i had to push harder on the course
It's for the gas. I mentioned it a few pages back but the in-game indicator reads 50% throttle when the pedal is at about 75% of its total travel (approximate). Makes it more difficult than it ought to be to manage small adjustments in that range, which is pretty important.

Last edited:
Has anyone who's got the final build, and installed the day 1 latest update, tried the T500RS yet?
Can anyone confirm if the vibration has been fixed for the T500RS?
I haven't played the demo. Playing on v1.02. But on my T500RS, the vibration and sudden loss of steering torque when understeering with extreme steering angle is still there. I wonder if the vibration is trying to translate ABS judder through the wheel. Assetto Corsa did that better IMO.

And my shifter works fine for arcade time trials. But in driving school, it misses shifts from 1st to any other gear. This is in the Mazda MX5.

I can confirm that FFB feels better now on t300rs but still too strong. Only confortable to play with counter steering assist on weak and all ffb setting on 1.

I haven't played the demo. Playing on v1.02. But on my T500RS, the vibration and sudden loss of steering torque when understeering with extreme steering angle is still there. I wonder if the vibration is trying to translate ABS judder through the wheel. Assetto Corsa did that better IMO.

And my shifter works fine for arcade time trials. But in driving school, it misses shifts from 1st to any other gear. This is in the Mazda MX5.

this is a deal breaker for me, and I may well cancel my preorder.

Someone has tried the game with the patch and a T150?

Without power plugged only with USB cableit can be used without FFB or it doesn't work? Temporary solution

Last edited:
I am having issues with my wheel T300RS. For some reason GT Sport is not keep my rotation degree setting which is ( 3 lights ) I have to change the setting from 5 lights to 3 lights before a race, every single time. Anybody having the same issue?

Every car has different FFB feel. Just tried SRT Hellcat and it was so strong I got scared that Im going to brake a wheel. Unplayable for now. I hope they fix this soon.

Wow, I’m a T300RS user and I found the forcefeed back to be quite informative. I did really like it (I will now be questioning that the next time I play)

I know race driver but I do regularly race at buckmore park karting, and the vibrating feeling when losing front end grip is something I can relate to from my experiences there (like I say though I’m no pro with 1000 of miles under my belt)

But as far as computer game/sim go’s I was very happy with the overall experience

What’s up everyone.

So after playing a few hours I did notice that the ffb on the t300rs was extremely strong and felt like I was harming my wheel lol.

Idk if I should change the wheel setting from my Pc. Possibly is there any quick fixes or should I just wait for a patch?

Someone has tried the game with the patch and a T150?

Without power plugged only with USB cableit can be used without FFB or it doesn't work? Temporary solution
I have the T150 and you get the same troubling vibration and heavy FFB.
I hope the fix coming down the pipeline isn't exclusively for the T500.
The wheel does not work while unplugged, so for now I will stick to my controller unfortunately until the fix comes.

Feels good to me on my t300
Im wondering if its related to a version of firmware in the wheel. Ive had my T300 for two years now and never updated the f/w. It didn't seem that bad when playing the demo. How long have you had your wheel and have you updated your f/w?

Im wondering if its related to a version of firmware in the wheel. Ive had my T300 for two years now and never updated the f/w. It didn't seem that bad when playing the demo. How long have you had your wheel and have you updated your f/w?
on the latest version firmware mate...

I guess we'll have to see what the patch notes for 1.02 and see if theres mention, if not, then it may be address in the next.... but bad juju on Kaz for going on twitter and stating it was sorted in final product version.

I have the T150 and you get the same troubling vibration and heavy FFB.
I hope the fix coming down the pipeline isn't exclusively for the T500.
The wheel does not work while unplugged, so for now I will stick to my controller unfortunately until the fix comes.

Thank you very much, hope for a fix... all this closed beta and demo for what???

I want to lock my steering degrees to 360 on my T300rs. I can, but it reverts back to 1080 if you pause or pit in the game. It’s super frustrating.

I want to lock my steering degrees to 360 on my T300rs. I can, but it reverts back to 1080 if you pause or pit in the game. It’s super frustrating.

Can you do it in the driver settings?

I'm holding back buying the game at the mo because of people saying the FFB is damaging their T300.

Back