Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
Hello everyone!
I thought to make a thread where all thrustmaster users can share their experience and issue with the game.
I didn't played GT SPORT beta, and all my experience come only from the demo.
Right now I have a very big concern about the ffb on my T500, not mentioning that the FFB is very numb and uninformative (actually even worse than forza 7), the thing that make the game unplayble for me is the vibration and wheel shaking I get when the front tires understeers or the wheels loose the grip.
It's so weird and unrealistic to have such a stupid efffect comming from the wheel when this happens, it screwing all the driving, the lines, everything.

What is even more stupid is the fact that you can't even turn off this vibration effect.
I tried different FFB settings and nothing could fix the issue for me.

To be honest I'm very dissapointed with the wheel support and experience in the game, I thought it will be a really big step in terms of FFB, but what I experienced from the beta is worse than Forza 7, not speaking of Pcars 2 or even Assetto Corsa.
If this things will not be changed and improved in the release version of the game, I will definitely refund the game.

Please share your experience and impressions with thrustmaster wheels...

Edit:

Attention! There is information that PD is aware of the vibration issue on thrustmaster wheels and it's addressed on the final product version of the game!

Also regarding clutch use:

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the Guillemot TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission from Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational. (Auto-clutch mode.)
Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational. (Full Manual Mode.)

Using paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. for which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if manual transmission is available.

Last edited:
My experience using the T300rs on the demo version has simply been that the force feedback is way too high. I turned down the ffb from 5 to 1 but I couldn't see that it had made any discernible difference. I feel the demo is currently unplayable for me, I have broken 2 T300rs wheels in the past by using ffb too high (another game). Really surprised I haven't found others reporting the same issues with the GT sport demo. My firmware etc is all up to date.

I´m a T500 user and i feel exacly like you, the understeer vibration is way too hight as is ruinning the driving.

I don't have the demo but I have a T500RS and I've spent a lot of hours on GT5 and GT6 with it.

I remember that one day the Power Steering option stopped to work on GT6 as you can see here. The wheel became really heavy and I was so sad about that... Is there an option in this GT Sport demo that looks like this ?

The only solution I had found was to use a bigger wheel (real 35cm wheel) on my T500RS... I'm really concerned about GT Sport FFB...

Last edited:
T500 user and i cant play exactly the same as mentioned the wheel shake during sliding is horrible, i hope this is a bug. I seem to remember during the first beta this wheel shake/heavy vibration did not happen did it?

Edit. My friend was using his t300rs last night on gtsport then all of a sudden no power to his wheel? Did gtsport break it? It is 6 months old.

Last edited:
I change the button map for TC, fuel mapping etc on the d pad, but it doesn't work?

Anyone else?

Did you played the beta? Was in the latest build of the beta the same?
Not him but I did play the beta and I don't recall the canned vibration effect. It's really obnoxious in the demo so I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if it had been like that in the beta.

Is it just happening on the Thrustmaster products? Whatever it is, it needs to go. Although I will say it makes me avoid oversteer or understeer at all costs... but that's mainly so it doesn't shake my wheel stand apart. Hardly adds to the immersion.

Not him but I did play the beta and I don't recall the canned vibration effect. It's really obnoxious in the demo so I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if it had been like that in the beta.

Is it just happening on the Thrustmaster products? Whatever it is, it needs to go. Although I will say it makes me avoid oversteer or understeer at all costs... but that's mainly so it doesn't shake my wheel stand apart. Hardly adds to the immersion.

My friend on G29 said it doesn't have any vibration, so it might be only with thrustmaster wheels...

I have no issues whatsoever with my T300rs... haven’t tried any settings changes, just turned it on, default settings and works fine, ffb feels normal.

Every evidence show that the build of the demo might be an early one, even before the beta...
How so? Everything I'm seeing in the game indicates that this is just a locked down version of the full release. Maybe with a few tracks missing from the download.

T150 user here, no major problems like what you guys are describing (and I don't have access to a higher-end wheel to compare) except under hard acceleration in a turn with an FF car.

That's when it does something similar, but I'm assuming it has something to do with wheelspin and slip settings of the car in particular (Gr.4 Megane.)

I'm Using a T300RS and don't find the FFB too strong. Had the wheel for about 2 years and never updated firmware. Maybe that could be the reason?

Similar to what posted in another thread, the T300RS here with default settings produces very saturated FFB and is clipping constantly. That said, switching the

1) sensitivity to minimum (=1) (imposing a more linear relationship between the driving model input and wheel output) seems to be the biggest helper, meaning that the wheel is appropriately lighter on initial turn-in and low lateral load.

2) max torque (depending on car) range of 1-2 seems to be the best fit here

While this doesn't obviously result in any 'amazing' FFB it does make it a whole lot better IMO. The number one thing that seems to be missing from my perspective seems to be the subtle surface details. I would imagine that e.g. Interlagos is laser scanned in GTS as well and the physical mesh is there.

My friend was using his t300rs last night on gtsport then all of a sudden no power to his wheel? Did gtsport break it? It is 6 months old.

My T300 is making a terrible noise since play the beta - the wheel weight that the game enforces on you is clearly damaging it. I'm going to stop using it for fear of it breaking.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal:

I have a new t300rs. My PS4 does not recognise it. It only operates once I go into GTS, and then it self centres and I can use the buttons. The PS but does not work at all.

Thanks.

I have a new t300rs. My PS4 does not recognise it. It only operates once I go into GTS, and then it self centres and I can use the buttons. The PS but does not work at all.

Thanks.
It's the same with the T500RS, I think this is how the wheels operates with the console...

Thanks.

Sounds like you may need to update it through the PC software. I have the same wheel and can operate all the regular Playstation screen.

T300RS wheel user here. I too find the FFB way too overblown and lacking any finesse ! Comparing it to pCARS 1 and 2 and Assetto Corsa it feels like I'm using a cheap 1990's wheel with a rumble pak attached !
There is no sense of understeer, oversteer or bumpsteer, just a constant grating / juddering sensation. With the other mentioned games, you can get a sense of weight transfer and slip when pushing too hard, with Sport you just get a constant weight on the wheel until you encounter slipping, then the juddering sets in !
Then there's the FFB "settings", all two of them ? No calibration, no deadzone adjustments, no degrees of rotation etc. Then there's the clutch (or lack of it). Not every car has a sequential gearbox so why is every single one treated the same ? We can't control our own launches or use clutch kick to initiate a drift, we can't dip the clutch to coast / correct a slide ! I'd also like to be able to use my H pattern shifter for the suitable cars, but that also seems to have been overlooked ?
Al in all, I think PD has seriously dropped the ball in regards to wheel / pedal users and have, (as usual) catered for the controller pad gamers ! I was so looking forward to Sport after the long, long wait, but I'm facing crushing disappointment. What a sad, sad way to kill off an iconic series !

Back