Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
What?

In all my years playing GT with a wheel I've only come across a handful of people who are faster with a pad.

A wheel is just faster for 99.9% of players.
I've been in to people's lobbys and been kicked for breaking to early in to corners I've told them I have too to stop my wheel vibrating

I've been in to people's lobbys and been kicked for breaking to early in to corners I've told them I have too to stop my wheel vibrating

Yeah it is really weird PD only removed the heavy vibration from the T500 not the T300.. I run my T300 in the ps3 switch position so that it does not have the excessive vibration while understeering. I have to use my control on the side for some things but really not a big deal.

I'm running a T300. Only time it vibrates is if I'm under steering. It doesn't vibrate under brakes.

You're doing something wrong if you can't beat pad users with a wheel.

Depends on what assists they are using- I remember there being a stability control assist in GT5 and/or 6 that was absolutely broken. If there's anything like that in Sport, it doesn't matter what control input you are using, it can make anyone an alien.

Depends on what assists they are using- I remember there being a stability control assist in GT5 and/or 6 that was absolutely broken. If there's anything like that in Sport, it doesn't matter what control input you are using, it can make anyone an alien.

Skid recovery force. It's not in GTS.

Right so I'm ready to go back to my idea of getting a T500RS or a T300RS Alcantara again... After my two failures with the T-GT Pedals I wanted to go back for some reliability. The T500RS was one of the most reliable wheels. Never had any issues with it and drove really nice on GTS (1.02 Update even with the Shudders) So hearing that they've fixed the Shudders It should technically feel even better. I'm buying one this time Brand New from Amazon If I were to go down the T500RS Route but the long term longevity worries me some what as the T-GT though It felt good on GTS Honestly didn't make me feel It was worth the Update from the T500RS. I felt more In control on the T500RS maybe It's the larger diameter rim or the the FFB... But either way I've hit a hard spot on my what to decide. The T300RS Problems I've been reading for GTS Concern me from the last couple of pages.

& Having owned the T300RS GT Edition x 2 After two failures during the GT Sport Closed Beta I was adamant I wouldn't go back to one due to reliability even though I enjoyed using them at Games Conventions E.G. Goodwood/Eurogamer Expo etc...

Can anyone tell me regarding - T500 RS: Firmware V46 & 1.03 Update on GTS is the Wheel still fully functional and no issues etc?

I was hoping to get the Sparco R383 Rim for WRC 7 & The Ferrari 599XX Rim for AC once I was settled but I Just need a Wheel that will be future proof but I Just seem to be finding difficulty on what to decide.

Just to recap the Wheels I've gone through from my recent to oldest...

T-GT x 2 (Both T3PGT Failures) Got fed up Returning & Waiting for £1000's worth of Refunds no support from Thrustmaster getting them replaced or even concerned about the Pedals failing after reaching out to them on FB & Twitter.

T500RS (Sold to a Friend Pre 1.03 Update up Update to the T-GT)

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 - Bought on Release... Only game Supported Officially was AC Loved It but I have been reading the Fanatec Forums and users are still disappointed that the Wheel hasn't received sufficient support from Dev's & Personally from Users feels like It's still very un-plug and play type of experience.

T300RS GT Edition's Including the Newer T3PA Pedal Face Plates - Both had Wheel Failures during the GT Sport Closed Beta earlier this year. Returned both back to Amazon UK.

T150 - Loved It, Got me hooked Into wanting a more powerful setup & Also bought the T3PA Pedal Set as an Upgrade and never looked back.

G29 - Hated the Geared Feel & Couldn't stand the FFB Effects.

I am also using a PlaySeat Challenge so the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Just wasn't cut out for My Rig because the CSL Elite Pedals had no way of being bolted down to anything and would move horribly on soft carpet. (Can't mount it on the Challenge Pedal Rest)

I've put my t300 in to the PS3 mode fix and the under steer vibrations have gone so this proves it's been fixed on the t500 but not the t300

Skid recovery force. It's not in GTS.

Praise the Lord! There is something called countersteer assistance, which when I saw it had me worried it was srf in disguise, but when I tried it, it didn't seem to do much.

I've gone back to using PS3 mode with my T300RS. I know the shudders is an indication of overdriving but I found it too distracting. It's worse with some cars than others. I was doing Big Willow in a Corvette and in PS3 mode I could hold it on the edge of oversteer and understeer much more easily without all the shuddering going on whenever I overdid it. It was worth a good second a lap. I suppose the better you drive the less of an issue it is. If you drove perfectly you wouldn't even notice it.

I've put my t300 in to the PS3 mode fix and the under steer vibrations have gone so this proves it's been fixed on the t500 but not the t300
Yes a lot of people saying the vibration on T300 is intentional and is there to inform us that the car is understeering but I say it's a bug. Why was it present (the vibration) on T500 but now is not after patch 1.03? Why aren't G29 owners complaining about it? Why is the vibration not present on the T300 in PS3 mode? Because it's a bug! Wait and see ;)

Am I the only one who basically never feels this vibration on my T300RS? I have to intentionally turn the wheel well past the point where the front end is starting to wash out before I get even minor vibration. I feel like the folks still seeing vibration after 1.03 are sawing at the wheel far too much.

Nope, I feel the same way. The only time I feel vibrations on my T300 is when I am turning beyond the cars own wheel rotation or when I am experiencing a LOT of understeer. Which to be honest is kinda accurate. I was driving the other day in the rain and turned a little too fast around a corner and my wheel got loose and started shaking until I regained grip......first thing I thought was huh that felt like GTS!

For T300, the MAIN problem is fixed, which was the strong FFB would have risked to kill you wheel after awhile.

I have a T300 and hardly ever get the vibrations.

If you are getting them, it's because you're pushing the front of the car too hard in to the corners... and if you're doing this, you'll be losing loads of time.

Try dropping your entry speed and 1) the vibrations won't happen & 2) you'll go faster.

As for whether the effect is realistic or not... my 996 chatters like this when I push the front too hard in the dry. So feels realistic enough to me.

I'm running a T300. Only time it vibrates is if I'm under steering. It doesn't vibrate under brakes.

Am I the only one who basically never feels this vibration on my T300RS? I have to intentionally turn the wheel well past the point where the front end is starting to wash out before I get even minor vibration. I feel like the folks still seeing vibration after 1.03 are sawing at the wheel far too much.

Nope, I feel the same way. The only time I feel vibrations on my T300 is when I am turning beyond the cars own wheel rotation or when I am experiencing a LOT of understeer. Which to be honest is kinda accurate. I was driving the other day in the rain and turned a little too fast around a corner and my wheel got loose and started shaking until I regained grip......first thing I thought was huh that felt like GTS!

Why are you guy's going out of your way to try and justify a bug? It's been fixed on the T500 and T150 because it's not supposed to be there. It's funny but at the same time infuriating how you guys are liking each others posts about a bug that is not realistic in anyway what so ever.

Please stop justifying a bug so we can get it fixed. Thank you.

I understand the feeling PD is trying to create with the understeer and and front wheels scrubbing. But for me it just does not feel right on wheel. Needs to be toned down. Grinding feeling on wheel doesn't feel to healthy.

So this is sawing at the wheel is it

For people saying "I never feel it, how can you fall into that? Just turn less", I have to say: ever heard of a driving technique in which you INTENTIONALLY go into understeer in the entrance of the corner to change the balance/speed/etc of the car prior to get the peak. It is what many drivers (even Hamilton I heard use this sometimes, or back than was Schumacher) does to get 100% from the car.
And the understeer rattling on T300 makes this horrendous to do.

I have a new t300rs. My PS4 recognises it as a t500. Any suggestions? I can't try updating the firmware as I don't have a PC. As it's new, surely the firmware would be up to date anyhow? Makes no difference using PS4 or PS3 mode.

Thanks for any help.

I have a new t300rs. My PS4 recognises it as a t500. Any suggestions? I can't try updating the firmware as I don't have a PC. As it's new, surely the firmware would be up to date anyhow? Makes no difference using PS4 or PS3 mode.

Thanks for any help.
I must confess I've never noticed how my PS4 sees my T300.

The main thing is how it gets recognized in the games themselves.

For people saying "I never feel it, how can you fall into that? Just turn less", I have to say: ever heard of a driving technique in which you INTENTIONALLY go into understeer in the entrance of the corner to change the balance/speed/etc of the car prior to get the peak. It is what many drivers (even Hamilton I heard use this sometimes, or back than was Schumacher) does to get 100% from the car.

No, I haven't heard of this 'technique'... I have no idea why you would want to push the car in to hard understeer. Besides making it harder to get to the apex, and thus lengthening the time before you can get back on the throttle, it wrecks your tyres.

Entry understeer (beyond a small amount to stabilise the car) kills lap times, is the sign of a driver who can't control their entry speed accurately, results in a slower exit speed and in slower lap times.

;)
Right so I'm ready to go back to my idea of getting a T500RS or a T300RS Alcantara again... After my two failures with the T-GT Pedals I wanted to go back for some reliability. The T500RS was one of the most reliable wheels. Never had any issues with it and drove really nice on GTS (1.02 Update even with the Shudders) So hearing that they've fixed the Shudders It should technically feel even better. I'm buying one this time Brand New from Amazon If I were to go down the T500RS Route but the long term longevity worries me some what as the T-GT though It felt good on GTS Honestly didn't make me feel It was worth the Update from the T500RS. I felt more In control on the T500RS maybe It's the larger diameter rim or the the FFB... But either way I've hit a hard spot on my what to decide. The T300RS Problems I've been reading for GTS Concern me from the last couple of pages.

& Having owned the T300RS GT Edition x 2 After two failures during the GT Sport Closed Beta I was adamant I wouldn't go back to one due to reliability even though I enjoyed using them at Games Conventions E.G. Goodwood/Eurogamer Expo etc...

Can anyone tell me regarding - T500 RS: Firmware V46 & 1.03 Update on GTS is the Wheel still fully functional and no issues etc?

I was hoping to get the Sparco R383 Rim for WRC 7 & The Ferrari 599XX Rim for AC once I was settled but I Just need a Wheel that will be future proof but I Just seem to be finding difficulty on what to decide.

Just to recap the Wheels I've gone through from my recent to oldest...

T-GT x 2 (Both T3PGT Failures) Got fed up Returning & Waiting for £1000's worth of Refunds no support from Thrustmaster getting them replaced or even concerned about the Pedals failing after reaching out to them on FB & Twitter.

T500RS (Sold to a Friend Pre 1.03 Update up Update to the T-GT)

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 - Bought on Release... Only game Supported Officially was AC Loved It but I have been reading the Fanatec Forums and users are still disappointed that the Wheel hasn't received sufficient support from Dev's & Personally from Users feels like It's still very un-plug and play type of experience.

T300RS GT Edition's Including the Newer T3PA Pedal Face Plates - Both had Wheel Failures during the GT Sport Closed Beta earlier this year. Returned both back to Amazon UK.

T150 - Loved It, Got me hooked Into wanting a more powerful setup & Also bought the T3PA Pedal Set as an Upgrade and never looked back.

G29 - Hated the Geared Feel & Couldn't stand the FFB Effects.

I am also using a PlaySeat Challenge so the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Just wasn't cut out for My Rig because the CSL Elite Pedals had no way of being bolted down to anything and would move horribly on soft carpet. (Can't mount it on the Challenge Pedal Rest)
Thought you were going CSL elite again;). Thanks for your post. I was wondering if the CSL elite pedals fit on the playseat challenge would fit, you saved me some money in shipping. I’m going to cross my fingers and wait if thrustmaster will ever release that official loadcell mod. Hopefully your bad luck with wheels will finally end soon!

Why are you guy's going out of your way to try and justify a bug? It's been fixed on the T500 and T150 because it's not supposed to be there. It's funny but at the same time infuriating how you guys are liking each others posts about a bug that is not realistic in anyway what so ever.

Please stop justifying a bug so we can get it fixed. Thank you.

We're not "justifying a bug," we're saying we don't encounter the issue. I never said that the sort of vibration people are reporting is acceptable. I'm saying that, in all of the driving I've done in the game so far with a T300RS I have *never* felt it to that extent. For me to feel even a very small amount of vibration, I have to push past the point where the car is ploughing straight ahead despite having the wheel turned, *and then turn the wheel even more* to get even minor vibration. I'm simply reporting what I've experienced.

I use understeer to scrub speed from time to time. My wheel simply goes light, with no vibration. As stated above, I have to turn well past this point of speed-scrubbing understeer for my T300RS to start vibrating, and even then it's minor.

So this is sawing at the wheel is it

Not watching 45+minutes of video while trying to read your mind to discover exactly which specific moments you're experiencing the vibration. Happy to look at a short clip, but I'm not wading through an entire 45 minute video for a few seconds of relevant footage.

I will try and do a video later of the vibrations..I put the video because someone said we must be seasawing the steering wheels

I will try and do a video later of the vibrations..I put the video because someone said we must be seasawing the steering wheels

Not sawing at the wheel (your wheel inputs look smooth enough to me)... but applying more lock than should be necessary for the car to make it round the corner... ie; you are pushing the car in to understeer, then winding more lock on to try to get round the corner.

I've felt the vibration... I felt it quite often last night on entry in to the hairpin at Suzuka in the Porsche RSR... but that's because I was braking too late and couldn't shed enough speed before turning in... so when I turned in and the front pushed wide I got the vibration. It was telling me to slow my entry speed, just like my own car does if I do the same thing in RL.

Welp, doesn't seem like Thrustmaster wants to help me fix my T500 pedal nonsense, all i'm getting back is copy/pasted responses to check settings that don't exist.
I asked to purchase a replacement main PCB but they simply ignored it.

Given nobody else seem to be experiencing it and having already replaced everything but the wheel base you'd think that would be the solution, but no dice if they won't listen.

I wonder if the physical design for the T500 wheel just caused the "vibration" to be more intense than on the T300? Either way I do not like it to happen when I do make a mistake (which is more often then I like to admit) so I keep my switch in the ps3 position. There are other feelings you get when pushing so I do not feel I need it.

It is funny the interpretation from PD is so different than other designers.. when some other racing games/sims use a "canned" effect for pushing or understeer, they have the wheel go very light.

To each their own I guess.

On another topic... does anyone else feel the degree of rotation seem to be too little for many cars? I have my wheel set at max rotation on the base itself but I do not see any options in the game to change this.

I am finding my T300 excellent after the patch (1.03) and am running 8/5. Before the patch the FF was way too strong now it is excellent. Personally I like the understeer feedback. I am running in PS4 mode. Did try PS3 before the patch which was fine. But now PS4 post patch is just right for me.

CJ

I am finding my T300 excellent after the patch (1.03) and am running 8/5. Before the patch the FF was way too strong now it is excellent. Personally I like the understeer feedback. I am running in PS4 mode. Did try PS3 before the patch which was fine. But now PS4 post patch is just right for me.

CJ
Are you on the latest fw 27?

Is anyone noticing a decrease in force feed back using the t300 while playing on sport mode. I played the same 3 tracks on arcade and it was fine but when i race online the feedback is noticeably different. my feed back settings were the same for both sport and arcade.

CJ

I think it feels fine as well, I've got the GT 300 edition... doesn't rattle too much on understeer on my opinion and I've got my torque at 4 and sensitivity at 6. My old rx7 with race tires would rattle a lot more than what this wheel does, a lot more :-)..... tons more...

Ever since I got the wheel, I just press the mode and options or start button for a couple seconds to turn the fan on and my wheel has never gone into limp mode because of overheating even before the patch.

Back