Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Update.....

The replacement wheel has failed less than a week after I collected it

Surely these pieces of **** are not fit for purpose?

It is a common problem with TM wheels. It happens very occasionally on my T300. Opinion is divided as to whether it is hardware or software. It was suggested (maybe somewhere in this thread) that it's caused by a bad connection between the wheel and the base.

There is some discussion about it here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racing-updated-resulted.368931/#post-12064154
Afew Threads on this issue, general consensus it's the connection. I could not resolve it and took my wheel back. Have seen it again on the new wheel a couple of times. If it keeps happening it's over to the Fanatec CSL Elite.....

Okay, so all of a sudden my T300RS is feeling very clunky when turning the wheel. This disappears when turning force feedback down in GT Sport. Anyone else having this problem please.

Okay, so all of a sudden my T300RS is feeling very clunky when turning the wheel. This disappears when turning force feedback down in GT Sport. Anyone else having this problem please.
The 'end game' of the wheel. My first T300RS did that when it failed.

I just noticed the input from my T3PA-Pro (T500) throttle jumps from just under 50% to 100%.. Is this common? Should I update the firmware? Everything has been working fine straight outta box but I guess the throttle has been like that in GTS since the start..

I just noticed the input from my T3PA-Pro (T500) throttle jumps from just under 50% to 100%.. Is this common? Should I update the firmware? Everything has been working fine straight outta box but I guess the throttle has been like that in GTS since the start..
polyphony digital seam to have lost there way with people using steering wheels all they care about is controllers and scapes putting cars in pictures..all the problems with steering wheels have never been fixed..to make my t300 feel some what ok I still have to put it in ps3 mode

That's GTS not your pedals.

GTS has a very unpleasant non-linear throttle.
I seriously wonder what the heck the reason for this and why cant I toggle it?

Im learning how to use the wheel usibg GTS and I feel like im learning the wrong thibgs to do with my pedals :(

I've had to replace my T300 base twice and the base I have now was freshly put together by TM after I sent it back with issues. I am noticing in races that the FFB will lighten up really badly and then slowly come back again. If I start a new race, it's normal again. Any idea what is going on?

I've had to replace my T300 base twice and the base I have now was freshly put together by TM after I sent it back with issues. I am noticing in races that the FFB will lighten up really badly and then slowly come back again. If I start a new race, it's normal again. Any idea what is going on?
It could be overheat.

What is your force feedback strength set at? If it's higher than 5 then it's most likely overheating.

Yes, overheating is happening, same was with my old broken T300. It is really annoying and ruins racing. If you use moderate torque forces on T300 (that's the way I do), no lightening shouldn't happen. No ffb lightening occurs with my new wheel.

I'll be joining this group soon. I have never owned anything other than the basic controller.

I now have a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Racing Wheel - PlayStation 4
and a Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Gearbox Shifter sitting in my house... I am yet to figure out how to put them all together. I do not have a nice table to hook them to. So I have ordered the GT OMEGA Contraption that is on the way. Hope to get it this weekend!

:)

As everyone else said, your symptoms are probably the result of the non-linear throttle in GTS.
However, I would still recommend updating your firmware anyway. When I got my t300rs GT set I thought it worked fine right out of the box just as you did, minus the occasional pause or setting change that the wheel would do on it's own. It was a rare occurrence so I never thought much of it.
Recently though I decided to plug it into the PC to play Assetto Corsa, so I decided to update while I was at it. Since then the feedback has gotten a good amount smoother, the sporadic pauses have stopped and the startup calibration is a lot less violent lol.
So go ahead and do the firmware update, and let me know if you had similar results to confirm please!

OK Guys.. I got my T300 setup today with the GT Omega.. I have not installed the TH8A Shifter yet

I did everything by the book and started using it... Did not change any settings... just took all the defaults I had..

I went with Automatic (later tried manual shift) and started a single race... with a mid size car..and then later changed it to the basic Mazda roadster...

Here is my first experience... The dang thing steering literally ripped my hand off! I did not have control..the steering was doing its own thing... it was going right and left and right.... then I realized when other cars bump into me or I hit the wall, it does that..

So I went into time trial (no other cars) and and drove around... and it still felt like it was overpowering me. I didn't like it at all... This is not like a real car.. when did my steering wheel turn right and left and rip my hand off? never!

So I went to my DRIVING OPTIONS and changed some settings

turned off the Counter steerng Assist
Auto Drive (was already off and left it at that)
In Advanced settings I changed (dialed down)
controller steering sensitivity to 4
Force feedback Max Torque = 2
Force Feedback Sensitivity = 3

Then it felt a lot better... I could drive the darned thing

Now I feel like like down these even somewhere

What are y'all settings? Any recommendation? Obvious it has be different from using a controller to a powerful T300.

Any suggestions that I should try?. I'd appreciate any input.

Issue #2.. The accelerator ...is there a way to relieve the pressure? Holding the accelerator for long with that kind of pressure hurts my legs after a while.. Ha Ha!! :)

Issue #3. When I use my USB Extension chord , the connection keeps dropping .. Any suggestion for a short extension chord (USB) that is reliable that I could use with the T300? I probably need a 4 feet addition...

Last edited:
I don't know if controller sensitivity has an effect for wheel users. I have mine on -2 tho.
Torque I have on 3 otherwise yeah its quite strong on default!
Sensitivity on 10 to try get as much detail as possible out the game.

Can't help on throttle pedal, I modded mine to make it harder to push, found it a little weak as standard compared too a real car

Issue #2.. The accelerator ...is there a way to relieve the pressure? Holding the accelerator for long with that kind of pressure hurts my legs after a while.. Ha Ha!! :)

I recommend repositioning your pedals. In the ideal positions (like in a real car), it should not hurt with prolonged use. Unless you have some kind of injury of course.

OK Guys.. I got my T300 setup today with the GT Omega.. I have not installed the TH8A Shifter yet

I did everything by the book and started using it... Did not change any settings... just took all the defaults I had..

I went with Automatic (later tried manual shift) and started a single race... with a mid size car..and then later changed it to the basic Mazda roadster...

Here is my first experience... The dang thing steering literally ripped my hand off! I did not have control..the steering was doing its own thing... it was going right and left and right.... then I realized when other cars bump into me or I hit the wall, it does that..

So I went into time trial (no other cars) and and drove around... and it still felt like it was overpowering me. I didn't like it at all... This is not like a real car.. when did my steering wheel turn right and left and rip my hand off? never!

So I went to my DRIVING OPTIONS and changed some settings

turned off the Counter steerng Assist
Auto Drive (was already off and left it at that)
In Advanced settings I changed (dialed down)
controller steering sensitivity to 4
Force feedback Max Torque = 2
Force Feedback Sensitivity = 3

Then it felt a lot better... I could drive the darned thing

Now I feel like like down these even somewhere

What are y'all settings? Any recommendation? Obvious it has be different from using a controller to a powerful T300.

Any suggestions that I should try?. I'd appreciate any input.

Issue #3. When I use my USB Extension chord , the connection keeps dropping .. Any suggestion for a short extension chord (USB) that is reliable that I could use with the T300? I probably need a 4 feet addition...
My leg/lower extremities would hurt too but doesn’t anymore. Takes time to adjust and build up that specific muscle I think.

I use a really old USB extension and mine never drops connection. Are you able to try it without the extension?

Back