Thrustmaster TH8A not recognized on GT7

• Thread starter wvu101
  • 158 comments
United States
United States
Anyone else have the Thrustmaster TH8A not being recognized in GT7? Running it with the T300 and T-LCM pedals. Everything working fine but the shifter. Shifter also works fine on other games on PS5.

Mine works fine on my ps5. Mine is connected to the t300 base and a single usb cable to the ps5. Works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Same mine is connected to the ps4 but it doesnt recognize it. Weird as it worked fine on GTS.

Sorry should have specified I'm having trouble on PS5. Firmware is on version 34. Light is red indicating in PS5 mode.

Last edited:
Figured out for some reason it's the clutch pedal that puts the car in permanent neutral when trying to shift. So weird. If I don't use the 3rd pedal the car will shift fine

Shifter not working for me on ps4 updated the wheel and shifter no joy tryed straight to ps4 and to the wheel anyone figure this out

All I can say is make sure the firmware is update and that if your on PS4 the color if the light is orange… or if your on the PS5 make sure is Red the colors look kinda similar. I have GT TM T300rs with TH8A shifter and the clutch and shifting is better than GTS Good luck!!

Edit make sure switch is on PS4

Last edited:
All I can say is make sure the firmware is update and that if your on PS4 the color if the light is orange… or if your on the PS5 make sure is Red the colors look kinda similar. I have GT TM T300rs with TH8A shifter and the clutch and shifting is better than GTS Good luck!!
The wheel has a switch for ps3 and ps4 it's set to ps4 can't tell if its red or orange

Does the clutch pedal work for u. I have the t248 and whenever I push the clutch in and switch gears on the th8a the car is just stuck In neutral. I have to use the padleshift to get it back into gear. I updated the wheels firmware but still nothing. As long as I don't use the 3rd pedal it will shift fine. Just don't get why it's doing that. Even tried a spare set of pedals from my t300 and still does the same thing.

I updated firmware on the TH8A and the T300 still nothing. The clutch seems to do nothing which is why the shifter isn't working I believe.

Are you guys driving with cars that uses clutch? My clutch workes but only with cars with clutches like integra R etc it works really well actually I’m sorry for the people having problems.

The wheel has a switch for ps3 and ps4 it's set to ps4 can't tell if its red or orange
Yea they should of made it blue or green like pc… sorry for double post

My TH8RS also doesn't work on PS4 in GT7. I tried the GT Sport thinking maybe I haven't played it for so long and it worked just fine in GT Sport. So I guess its an isolated GT7 issue....

Finally got the shifter working it was a broken connection on the shifter plug the yellow wire had come off soldered back on and working perfectly

I'm on PS4 and having same problem, worked fine in GT sport. I doubt it's firmware in shifter, Problem is in the new title. I connected it to the wheel with the other cable and now it's working but there is a problem! Jumps out gear randomly when I go to turn in, also won't go into 5 gear sometimes. I notice it only happens on the first lap then it works fine after that. So when I checked to see if my other titles would work with new connection was doing same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? I hope PD fixes this so we can connect via USB.

Last edited:
So I been on Reddit talking about this same issue and a user has figured out that if you go direct to usb which was fine on gtsport it won’t work. If you go to the wheel base it will work as normal. Unfortunately for me I don’t have the required cable for that I assume it’ll be fixed down the road. :/

Are you guys driving with cars that uses clutch? My clutch workes but only with cars with clutches like integra R etc it works really well actually I’m sorry for the people having problems.
If we dont drive car with clutches will it not work? Been using it on prius and forces us to use paddles

Anyone know if the issue is due to car we re driving? Because my shifter and clutch on working on the prius ? But maybe its a car that doesnt have a clutch forcing us to use pddles

If we dont drive car with clutches will it not work? Been using it on prius and forces us to use paddles
Yes my friend the car actually needs a clutch or the clutch on your pedals will not work. Try to find a cheap car with a manual gear box and clutch! I wish we could gift cars because I would send you one right over! Good luck bro!!

Yes my friend the car actually needs a clutch or the clutch on your pedals will not work. Try to find a cheap car with a manual gear box and clutch! I wish we could gift cars because I would send you one right over! Good luck bro!!
What car do you recommend? Haha thanks just started playing thats why!

I don’t know how much money you have bro but if you give me the list of cars you see in the used dealership I can try to help you. @Drcuface

Last edited:
Anyone know why it says that the shifter can plugged in usb in manual but instead actually needs be plugged into base?

Back