Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 194 comments
I have a xbox one but ı don't wait the handbrake console version two months more. Can ı use the pc version with WRC 7 , Dirt 4, PC2 as handbrake and shifter? I don't have a TH8a, ı will use only this handbrake with my console. And ı want to know this pc version tss will be full compatible in the future?
I highly recommend to wait for console version.

I am using with dirt rally pc2 and fm7 as handbrake or shifter. ı have a pc version and th8a shifter. So the console version mean of only include the th8a din/din cable.

I am using with dirt rally pc2 and fm7 as handbrake or shifter. ı have a pc version and th8a shifter. So the console version mean of only include the th8a din/din cable.

Yes I contacted TM and they stated that the din/mini-din will be or sale seperately in the near future.

Yeah, i did the very same today... initially they said shortly, so I asked them the qualify, they said 2 or 3 weeks.

Update, I replied with the comment the the TM sim hub isn’t much use if they don’t sell the cable needed to hook up devices eg the TSS that didn’t come with the GX16-9 to din 6 cable... the replied to say an agent would be in touch..

Last edited:
The TM SIM HUB is for XboxOne & PS4. It allows to connect several Thrustmaster add-ons directly to the Thrustmaster racing base.
Example: 1 TSS HANDBRAKE in Sequential Mode + 1 TSS HANDBRAKDE in Handbrake Mode + 1 TH8A Shifter
TM_Sim_Hub_x4.png

Can I use the normal TSS (not the console TSS+) with T500 through Drivehub? I would imagine that the compatibility with the games should be the same as with TSS+ plugged in DIN port of T300 ..

Can I use the normal TSS (not the console TSS+) with T500 through Drivehub? I would imagine that the compatibility with the games should be the same as with TSS+ plugged in DIN port of T300 ..
the normal TSS as you put it comes with a USB cable, it does work with DriveHub and t500, it will appear as a t300 on ps4 and a TX on xb1

@Podger ,

Will the console TSS handbrake work on PS4, G25, th8a , and dirt rally ? At the moment my DIY handbrake won't work in Dirt Rally and I have doubts that DR2 will be any different. My DIY handbrake does work with PC2. On / off, but it works.

Video for attention:

PC2 supports USB keyboards, that's why it's pretty easy to make any DIY input devices. Most of the games don't, so you will need some supported hardware.

^ I know all to well. I love PC2 for supporting it. But I would like to know if the combination PS4, G25, th8a , drivehub , and dirt rally supports the TSS handbrake.

Note I do have the drivehub already. And I do consider the TSS, but only if it works.

That is about a T500 reported as a T300

I have a G25 reported as a G29 and I am curious how that reports itself on ps4 in Dirt Rally.

???
So it comes with a usb cable.

I am trying to get an answer for a rather specific situation. A usb cable being included does not tell me that it works with ps4, Th8a, G25, drivehub, Dirt Rally.

???
So it comes with a usb cable.

I am trying to get an answer for a rather specific situation. A usb cable being included does not tell me that it works with ps4, Th8a, G25, drivehub, Dirt Rally.
I have everything on that list, I’ll give it a whirl over the weekend and let you know...

My apologies, was too concentrated on the handbrake and not on the fact that your wheel is not from Thrustmaster. I guess the handbrake would be just mapped X button since Logitech doesn't have any analog handbrake.

@Podger and others, how about a second Th8a as a in sequential mode ? Will that work with Dirt rally on ps4, drive hub and a Th8a for HH shifting?

@Podger and others, how about a second Th8a as a in sequential mode ? Will that work with Dirt rally on ps4, drive hub and a Th8a for HH shifting?
It would, but the shifter would map to R1/L1 buttons, so the same as your paddles. Dirt Rally supports multiple input devices, but since you have Logitech, you can't plug TH8A directly to the PS4 via USB to make a use of that.

You can actually try that with your existing shifter now (plug it to console with USB) and see, if the game recognizes it. I read somewhere that someone managed to use Fanatec handbrake plugged in via USB, while using Thrustmaster wheel.

@Racetee ,

When I pressed Post Reply, I realized that it would map to R1/L1.

I will try tonight.

And otherwise I will have to perfect my scandinavian flick or feint drift.

The TH8a works as a H shifter when plugged in direclty into the ps4 with Dirt Rally and G25 connected to drive hub. In DR I had to assign the gears again to the newly connected GH8a.

Tomorrow I will see how the TH8a responds when I put it in sequential mode. I hope that it will register itself as something else then R1/L1, but my hopes are thin.

The TH8a works as a H shifter when plugged in direclty into the ps4 with Dirt Rally and G25 connected to drive hub. In DR I had to assign the gears again to the newly connected GH8a.

Tomorrow I will see how the TH8a responds when I put it in sequential mode. I hope that it will register itself as something else then R1/L1, but my hopes are thin.

R1/L1.

However you can hack the TH8a using a rubber band or modified plate to use 2nd or 4th gear as makeshift handbrake in H-mode. You can map handbrake to one of the gears. That way you can still use l1/r1 as seq. shifters.

It will register itself as a separate input, so you can assign different function than to your paddles ;)

@Racetee, so if I get an extra TH8a, I should be able to use its sequential mode in DR? Even if the 2nd TH8A will report it as R1/L1, it would be a "different" L1/R1 as the firt TH8a?

Look here, this guy is using 2 TH8a on ps4, one as sequential shifter, the other as digital handbrake... on the ps4.... in DR!

This is what I want to achieve with my g25 on Drivehub.

@Racetee, so if I get an extra TH8a, I should be able to use its sequential mode in DR? Even if the 2nd TH8A will report it as R1/L1, it would be a "different" L1/R1 as the firt TH8a?

Look here, this guy is using 2 TH8a on ps4, one as sequential shifter, the other as digital handbrake... on the ps4.... in DR!

This is what I want to achieve with my g25 on Drivehub.

From the video you can't know, if he has both shifters plugged directly in PS4 or one in T300 base. But if they wouldn't register separately, then you can simply plug one in drivehub (then paddles and shifter will have the same function) and the other one directly to PS4.

But if they wouldn't register separately, then you can simply plug one in drivehub (then paddles and shifter will have the same function) and the other one directly to PS4.

And that is exactly what I am after. Perhaps I should just buy a 2nd TH8A at a shop with a good return policy.

Back