Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 194 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
tsshandbrakesparcomod_1_position2.jpg

sparco_0.jpg

TSS HANDBRAKE SPARCO MOD: key points

1- Officially licensed by Sparco, the no.1 motorsport equipment maker in the world
2- 2 modes: handbrake & sequential shifter
3- 1:1 scale replica gear knob (3.4’’/85mm in height)
4. Compatible with PC (Windows 10, 8 & 7)

protectioncase_1.png

Box contents

Handbrake/sequential shifter, detachable gear knob/handbrake lever, mini Allen key, Allen key, key wrench, detachable DIN/USB cable, user guide and warranty information.

metal.png

Progressive handbrake and sequential shifter by Sparco: master your drifting technique!

Officially licensed by Sparco
2-in-1 product: lets you change from the shifter (+/-) position to the progressive handbrake position and vice versa.
90% metal: steel and aluminum.
High-grade components: technical bushings made in Germany, industrial-class flat coil springs with 8.8lbs/ 4kg resistance.
1:1 scale replica gear knob (3.4’’/ 85mm in height): crafted of aluminium, from the Sparco rally and drift range.
Lever adjustable in height.
H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology ™:
- precision that won’t decrease over time (contactless magnetic sensor)
- no tact switch or potentiometer (for an unlimited product lifespan)
Attachment system for cockpits and mounts: built-in M6 screw threads.

HEART_T300RS_GT.jpg

forpc_6.png

Compatible with the ecosystem on PC Windows®10, 8 and 7

Compatible on PC:
with the recommended Thrustmaster racing wheels: T150, TMX, T300 Series, TX Series, T500 RS, TS-PC RACER, TS-XW RACER and T-GT (sold separately)
with all racing wheels of any brand.

Image1.jpg

The TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod is now available, at a suggested retail price of £239.99/249,99€/$269.99 (taxes included).

Drivers and more useful information

Link

Last edited:
I question the first sentence:
“After more than two years of questions from the community via social media”

I see way more questions and complaints about the pedals on social media then about a handbrake...

Sadly the press release 100% confirms no console support. Awesome looking piece of kit nonetheless. Seems like Thrustmaster is betting on eSports going big.

Last edited:
Looks really nice.. and another PC only product... i get that though if they had to license it for both consoles they would need to charge more than it would be worth.

Still wish they would update their console drivers to allow use of the analog handbrake mode in the TH8A :indiff:

250€... Ouch. But as mentioned, the looks matches the price. Aside from the TS-PC/XW wheel bases, this is one of the few times Thrustmasters gear really impressed me. I hope they keep it up.

Now tell me more about the TM Racing clamp.

My first thought when I saw the article was 'knowing Thrustmaster, it's going to be some ludicrous price like $150'... Then I saw the actual price is more than I payed for their shifter and three-pedal set combined.

It's a stick with a sensor on it. :odd:

I was hoping for a shifter handbrake combo unit. That way it probably could be console compatible plus i bet cheaper than buying both a shifter set and handbrake seperately. Fingers still crossed.

How hard can it be to create a USB peripheral handbrake for Consoles, specifically a PS4 handbrake that is compatible with any wheel/pedal combination??

Anyone know someone who could make one? I expect there would be a huge market for such a product.
Agreed. I've been searching for a hand brake for a couple years. I'd gladly purchase this Thrustmaster unit if it were console compatible. My balloon got deflated when I read PC only. :(

Has anyone tested if a DS4 button can be defined and used as the handbrake for a wheel in GTS?

With a 3d printer and an old DS4, this should be easy to create?

Can you use a second controller at the same time? Has this been tested? I’m at work otherwise I’d give it a go

i personally have a set up that pushes the R3 button on the base of my T300RS that works okay. I really wish this was console compatible. If it was I'd buy it since I could use it with my TX as well.

a big bummer is all it's useful for without console support, aren't there already PC handbrakes that would work with any wheel

The only way for Thrustmaster to satisfy all, is to create 3 separate products.
One for the cheapskate that's all plastic. One for consoles. One for the PC that is properly built with no extra costs going to sony, MS, table clamps, or other wasteful things.

Back