Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
Circuit de Sainte-Croix B

Thursday Fun Night January 17th

SHEy2S5GgyfyWvE7hwjgXbNZuz-SyiahAH1mywlk3zoH4RlwGWNpKxaKr-kA--a5Xs-vp4fxpc184KP-obZFNYD7YRWtO3_pqAGKth7wXLaqOplHWL1rf_C6YqDLVyxFAT-rNsEnsUJmGHRhxmi0oAIg5bpWR5-zwkBVAZ_L8EWjoakdznQ6Mh6Dl9v_jgmiB8jpzzvloFjbLqQtO-Mj0tVUdl_p0qE9sdijVgW0pIpP2OKPYrq73VQARvMSc65UE-hOgsjc58XSPH_RxgZ6pcMDRw3dkuEjWOoQ6hGcIXoS2-oBIZsWsrRmmLJmq_tyAMwyrCSI00Iwuyjqy64eri9AoPUsvRg0AQoQuegtUss1dJjD_NZyzgFZhz5wbABGzDsa-UaY0Pegm89akF39O9svon4ybzgFc5JbBzv4-l78ntAQCiQ84z8ArDe4Vyt9XQC0CE5uv33xzM2PHMjbHtWfowFCN2qkKDQSBzZbD9OSPPWnsT_HeuvEXzqFoIibE4OryVdDiys8fR87KbJytQ99TPIppsoxDqeDEA_mesZOlPrpKkc7pjyCiq2MLwd6B5X8evkrt8S6QiEi0Njw_b4ufzggzqz2gMfraHKwzV0DzKE8tqwhnTR2M3_M5UGnUGjLp6RiiQPKWt05153u3vBf=w1929-h1085-no

Really I'm at the wrong track!! are you kidding me (click on image)

Greddy Fugu Z Puckerfish racing. Rocket Bunny body kit 1973 240Z RB26DETT

A step back in time to 1973 racing, strip away all the frills, where man and machine gets to the finish line anyway they can.​

Sport Hard

No Tuning

18 laps = 50 minutes

Tyre & Fuel X5 / X5 (Pit when you have too)

No surprises in this combo just a nice straight race from a slowest first grid line up.
As it comes from the showroom, car drives well but can still get twitchy in places on the cambers of this track.

Livery and wheel change is welcome.

Don’t think I need say anymore, just a nice relaxed race. Have fun.

Need more info just ask.

Edit:

Just did another full race 18 laps with pits 53 minutes. Nothing to write home about as one would expect from a no frills 1973 based 240Z. Smooth and steady, on the edge of being boring. In away that's a good thing should allow for real close bumper to bumper / door to door racing.

Wear on tyres is very minimal there just a hint of under-steer as you get close to a pit stop, touch a curb and gas at the wrong time and the back will twitch.

Pit stop I think the pit crew are on a go slow again, about 1'30 ish for those that want to try longer runs as tyre wear is minimal.

After last week in the Abarth you had lots to think of with strategy so a week off with this one.

Last edited:
I shared the replay TFN.

I will manage to work out how to upload it to YouTube one of these days.

Thanks everyone, and nice Cobani was able to make it too. Very sorry about the poor instructions on regs in the PSN chat, I'm no good at that controller typing.

Guido had the race in the bag at the end of lap 38, but watching the replay (I've shared it) start of lap 40 he was already sucking fumes so the inevitable was bound to happen. Catastrophic engine failure from fuel starvation on the home straight, shame :boggled: That let Larry through to victory :bowdown:

The three amigo's Joe, Guido, Larry did not disappoint early part of the race, bumper to bumper, switching place with good driving skills and the help of the chicane miss. Great to watch on the replay.

Up front roamer2629 (Javier) Cobani (Bo) got away to a blistering start off the line, into turn one and gone. Sorry there was not enough time to explain the use of missing the chicane before the start of the race, but I hope you got it by the end.

One thing that happens here all to often is, the guys at the back get lapped, I was really glad this is not the case running the race this way. helps to keep the pack closed up, and at some point in the race everyone has the chance of leading in 1st place.

"Definitely worth a revisit." Will we, there are other track we can use, with different cars. :scared:

EqllIDgcDyBrf9h3hlamIZ-E0OjfxXhgsU--0xmuSDJqKWQASVMqNE5QOlH1D77yozJtTVMVFZQw-etYI8BerlcbdDZrhKotutpU9DJRPuqbmC8ccEYHm7xV7YiyqXlOMYzQwXb_-SdjuiPLiysF9Gq59w_c7qFbSNHwfeFXXq7EcOhmCi9h2bLAoC4vr65qyPuszCeNbvK8qRJXsEuqsdC-I-YL-NbVXqtVskWZVoIM4caIOjrKtZ1lRMSD-O5c989lLrA4kEY7SYqwrphQyYDlX3nl7-OEILYlRdJgnewwxjX0JXKXCNuIwKpGQsw-N0-rKq_WB0P3T97qJ5jPrWzs1BPY7xkW2xeuOEP6ju92fmBwM8irAH-89zFrBYVX61yhiOcmK-Ht4DInaoCh6HAAMoLCGZg8ENxlOzxDV--B_wlCSI3RIwPb1vY4YJ84M6GrSBSLz3Qqa7jz7d8XZauJjGVehMTBe3TqOeqQkI9gfwTYepnaI8uBjsO_D6p5rbs66f_IcsXZvAP-ZBHZYbh_3DWnujOXvNJiUCBsEzJQex1afvkgsPXLQmrxe58eXGXm6OZoXupi4Oj8h1LVRgvViRHy7GU-CL487xcQNG5vAKKMmuGWJT3pa8Wwr9IEJLSzvub2xsikJZO2pDKGzQW0=w1929-h1085-no

Javier off and running left us all in a cloud of tyre smoke. Cobani next to the pit wall heading for 2nd place by turn 1 from last place

zAVj7kPJ7LFtFXeTKAdMCw2ghKNYDlZd63OCbW7ENEkALvtSZvXSXRkCwbf0fITQZJW288AKq11CmJEn7Y9qyrNrNTYtoXuiUEFkhgMLX6VNc2TQ4pHDhF7LnxUKRRlt4ZCc4Q-JDFjZvf2Bi2Z_QfvcbfkuFYH5p6EVkdDSRD_Kl90TjVsc-T6KFath59S54nsp2rC7_KzuI86_LoXyDJIRBd1GwHi0X7Utgycf-2pjpmCdApc1Jkm21ZtsBu6o9e6MuxtfXyCjqQAMJPz9rtvDUok_0XBcGVkRcNeOrPb9RYQgESwrD9vU5CRFuq5hwczNHyAdvwYgUzlXVNZUrrKXvDTqc9gbgEI4pnXa3lXGYZcr6HQ3rNUxFNovc2NA_huEshFN2LJg29ba7arQ_eOQfVGvZ_kEEsiPKp85lvNIXCWiXLoRip0m9G775ZAuYv_TyRf1YxFpPTHRovA7YK11Ms1RW5ZX04ZydHB_IsxzDT2I2L_A070dH2POsrjFZpxrbZxyOc-tFKKvj2ZD9lSZ6MJ0XbbK6NtZHX2Mjj_Mq_qRInVKAeT0eqHjWrOemrRbNq92vt_CCre-PaafKNk_DnfmidMcIuM08npFLvKEOcYOm8YDeq7yXfHTFSInfxeh2Jx_IL2AKvzrgpVT9KXx=w1929-h1085-no

Sure enough Cobani into 2nd from last place on the Grid.

2iTN-TmHpZUTj3gGS43aY-ADyGIQ03S3PV5gkByuC0ULpfQnxiHnj4rYHRbBuyJl6nVS0FkJHdpugyrg3iQFCgCrp68htfRGCLcMtSwTbP1iEnT_kOG4XOYdXcIPhhtXC_wzSZnu04cCz84gVRF5MRbn8g-F6uuJPvGv424nw5omluEOxUswRHrafdkYW9TCHGeE16imsQY5_YdAbuRlgWQ413iSqnCbUvMguUV67Crro2_MlG0fNjVfsT-_IOHIj1oUVEOwqTk1_0hYtMi1JjdUAqysOENZrfecCVs9H3_VKi5BbyB9wqfek1jNcd0nwosJvD8R75FsDC1j-RTTcv5pwiVTzo40kaVLnE_C5Gdqz0fl2p-fBO30ZdRRLmuCnPfal9FCk73SGKnC0EqDBbrZMysRqp9FsDzAOtK_PgewjrL1XoDZl9kKH4PFKaP2aLq9TaG_jrPpESpzIIuEkyfcnHRfdK9PWciec82xmN19u-S2rAmQ_ZVFT5l8-MHSKY14ExQzC9jqz_D1POOg0Z1Hg2dHQTRLvctCrQkiIun2TRh9z1MQZPrQmH8H1RLRRxeOFjUACnXb6tAW9JnCeTVufgTrKiAexGM7dl0Y9J3-07aDpfIM6rcBVwvMLYpEYq5LXOI6PWwwytAw0hIZUqvQ=w1929-h1085-no

Lap 1 at the Chicane what happens, one when for it, the other follows. Well I'm lost without my GPS

@dranddad awesome recap Phillip! 👍

Thanks Larry.

It's the members that make the combo, the more effort they put in, the more they get out of it.

I've made updates to the list of upcoming events, if gents would like to try any and make comment. Maybe things to change or suggest any pit tyre / fuel usage, comments would never fall on deaf ears.

If you would like to join us on a Thursday add my PSN "dranddad" with a short message of TFN.

Your welcome Guido.

Joe put forward a suggestion for an event so I'm working on that at the moment. I'm going to try and make time for a test room on a Sunday.

Thinking of time zones and being a Sunday it maybe possible to find members from time to time that could have a free half hour or so, at a more reasonable time to suit all.

Sundays / Test and practise Room / ideas
US early to mid afternoon / EU early evening to Mid evening / UK late afternoon to early evening.

This is not compulsory, just pop in / out if your free. even if it's just 5 minutes to see what is going on and which ideas / race events are being tested.

Don't forget you can always bring a plus one, it helps introduce new members to TFN and WRS too.

Phillip.

Thursday Fun Night Rocking Bunny
January 17th

Great video work by hirnssuger69 (Guido)

Greddy Fugu Z Puckerfish racing. Rocket Bunny body kit 1973 240Z RB26DETT

A step back in time to 1973 racing, strip away all the frills, where man and machine gets to the finish line anyway they can.

Sport Hard

No Tuning

18 laps = 50 minutes

Tyre & Fuel X5 / X5 (Pit when you have too)

No surprises in this combo just a nice straight race from a slowest first grid line up.
As it comes from the showroom, car drives well but can still get twitchy in places on the cambers of this track.

Livery and wheel change is welcome.

Don’t think I need say anymore, just a nice relaxed race. Have fun.

Need more info just ask.

Edit: "question" lobby open /race time
Sorry I should have made that clear in this post. I open lobby at 9 pm ish and start the race as soon as the last member is in. This can be a little late at times (due to time zones) we do try for 10pm gmt at latest if we can.

ps:
Some events are also a number of short races, so if you can't make a full race event (1 hour ish ) you can always look for the events that are a number of short races. You can jump in and out anytime with those.

Thursday Fun Night Rocking Bunny

Room ID 0475-4228-3095-3481-5300

Last edited:
I'll do my best and show up in the right car with livery.

What time for lobby open and start race?

Bo it would be great to see you again. I open lobby 9 to 9.30 pm gmt, then start the race as soon as all are in the room. I know it may sometimes be a little late, depending on what time our members in the US time zone can make it, but we try our best to cater for all.

Apologies if that a little late.

I would like to start and finish in the same day if possible for everyone.

Room ID will be posted here

Also in the last thread post. I'm trying to keep the room private, so if anyone wishes to join you can add my "PSN" dranddad message TFN

All are welcome to bring a guest or a +1 with them

Update #1
Small note added.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to be there Philip, got an alarm set for 5:45 in the morning though so no driving into the small hours for me :lol:

I know Mike these time zones are a pain, I'm glad I'm of the age now whereby I can have a nap mid-afternoon to try and last the race. Having said that I'll still be up twice in the night before your 5.45am so I'll be thinking of you, as I'm drinking my cuppa. :grumpy:🤬

Guido has found a new calling :bowdown:

Back