Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
1RdaR27Pk4P_etxYq8-LQ3etF12hOij7AR_TsWVCbYTGmrQULbvfESfr5Ku6AcVFAY7Ah8I2oJs2aJFUaTEA_sedy46p_EMBb46pwuUEglcGbFoQ2sjQiIbvx3kEOCqQd0Rq_VDlc4s87STO2mg108_dMFaMH4Y7ZNAMrgFeMHIavgkXzHgHABdj2EgH-9G3A8dlt_cMjM7Godn3e8XVzMCXvvnFbkgkoqqMskLTyDM4T-ks0KhlMn8EDdJAhotAGO4-USLrwOwVSFqqsKDnS43uhMRXh-6omVecnBHNkqTiXUpJ_v9_bVr1hqoa8ZVKfefaGb1Fh12kFMTdk7M27QLdM2GMngKz7GXfG7wWMfZJkrEtlJm9IUmv-l39-1ekPfqD1iuaDtos1m9-v4QyR7eJWDebOL0ehosyAAep9_xiW7cgQ8d8YNynrlVzBrBuYF_rbx62TKy6MxuvT1N7OGqRndUAgSTj60KgPJcRRJgwiumWgEvm_rVSRNMr3hfn0N8OBBKHNNT4mrmKIqzG9DpzVPgQWBVgN1VTn7HLUS4LeX8modrL0MYKFQJuJLLwCq6chCkvRFXl8QM1NZG05ZldUREluEtsT19gZykaWxkOn1EW_9vyMRnbpkqCtWedP2bGRV2M7Q5iPJO-hqeVNYjR=w1929-h1085-no

First of all I would like to give a big thanks to Guido, Joe and Larry for their help in making this an enjoyable night. Fantastic Video work from Guido testing and comments from Joe and Larry.

After last week Fun Night it was a week off with a straight race, the car based on a 230Z but having the RB26DETT Skyline GT-R engine tuned and feed gave it 294bhp and on SH made it very drive able, but not without its 1973 caricaturists coming into play.

A twitch here and there from its up rated power plant, weight shift on some of the sequence of corners. Getting onto the bridge in one peace was a work of art for some, getting off the bridge without running on with the adverse camber and smacking the barrier was another. It did tend to run on into the corners if you tried to race it to hard.

If you manged a full race without the odd twitch, having to pit once more than anyone else (listening to that exhaust sound a full chat) then I think your super human and I take my hat off to you.
xXcdl2mRG9a2rSEb26WghWM529Wpd-aobn7pX_MTGZ_9nu3BlZiwDzXUvq3qZEz8hDNXaqCu_ywFW_hz2KK2w22uB4ixP-1LU-ymsLh2m7u5FS3xeaNvv5eLhBwNHdxFRVIot2x9mqULR47jka3Ua3yF_Vm6EBjvrwZfEY3sUG6KdjkeHvkyLYNuOJHt4aTvxOJ3U-Hm2MOi1bOpS3cAFXLAq37ejJp8bXNEw0C9ITydmmhT9RwOzuK2zyczow1iFvnDLScwMAcREn3Yxqt0GQHWd8_stnwUk1xn_tgK5dnxX5E0qVJA48r50nbfwth7P_0tsQYSskHLlBLB1C_6Glj80D0YrhdcZ3h-eGEODfgGURyiHAHWEmEdjjXEMA1jySJWn6ONPeHXTvEbS_uac6_LXSisZBEJ-yX8TGUq1ozHZACXRgMSsEW1nymMvbzGhRbPa_wnMYt84GaEgzU0cNxsgcy7OlhJop6GYV0e5Ca2pVV6LKYGtld4V4EVWY3ZnEfoRPnpTt62MeohDqMWEHZEeOPV58KlAiiy2qyCaF_EoDdTDaUiVSXf4pxL_NNb5CXabwfmgYnsQsNmzLfIbDy-M_MCVCxn0uvXsQYZvWau8jSj_bgi7ko43XJGZwJT87-pVP3e1btwd5u7oD3HNKHl=s100-no

Glad you all enjoyed this idea of a Fun night by a :crazy::grumpy:old:censored: in the game we so enjoy.

Oh a few Liveies

8vjTQsH1NkmC-TN9owjQqkmdHOtQ0b7OhbrO_miNXQSlQONW-KmsT6YCefOkmmSwGU2bh7n9aZ3XovkIZh7xpfUhWZEZIzd0Wm9uIJQMJOk9NJMQ-GVe7Nqrq39yj9I0VHoxPu7W6wZnvJ9eYzg2kjVtBgIA5iitUtJzEKisTDpSL_RkoJ2sY3cyFO41fioRav8HjCY7o8gfYZvsm0QCdWUFYag2FAg1s8DNzEYSyC1gBBKZV707IaadDzuAcVPoWEGgE-QI6_jR-J618t37WUiDZvJBN6BOxSYxV9Aawg7uw_dyyDfe68LkB2Mld8SqoHyLgly3rbpnYALZgqk39mcOgd65v7ciUlS62egbyosNgwIKOqmbnKOFaCo4iFERB3WT5ecaALkD7a1y3Y21fH9ngYE1gse-whszZetJciU_FzpOtVfxwhhMeN5VhW7s75r7apH7bA2nnR8dA_c9hMo62d59QfJl4kaK7-8kCk-E2q-Rt72n_PKF6TexxjLhUNiujtK10QwUq3lw2DiK4uLw5keScStCLhPpJIn9se7-lLcCKMY2PcYOJjfB4cz5YRYSqFhlPd9H1IPflm-LujaRFsBjT9thzfDbOcJ6NWVqAhrp1_guvNYbN7n3ewOgwC9a6nazfMng341_exd9rn96=w1929-h1085-no

Last edited:
It was really good fun, thanks Phillip and everybody who joined! :cheers:

I loved this combo, seemed to suit me. The 12-lap practice race I did against AI also helped, I knew I could push almost 100% (just shifting up slightly early) with two stops. I did get some oversteer out of the tight first left hander once, otherwise no issues to speak of.

Thursday Fun Night Flat 4 Battle.

Thursday 24th

46789593761_4b85a822f6_b.jpg

"Post this one you will" jedi master Guido said

Your parole hearing has been denied, plus there’s no time off for good behaviour. This week you’re going to work hard for your entertainment.

Pub opening times 9pm GMT as normal, drinking start as soon as all members are in.

Tokyo expressway South inner-loop

Please come with both cars.

2 Sprint races and 1 feature race

Subaru WRX GrB Road Car 4WD –VS— Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) RR

Sprint race one 5 laps approx 11’00 minutes watch your fuel, you may need a little fuel save

Change Car.......

Sprint race two same as race one

Feature Race: 10 laps approx 24’00 minutes with pit stop. You have free choice which car Subaru or Porsche.

Tyre 8x / Fuel 4x

A pit stop is a blistering 1’46 seconds (well it was in testing) unless you bung your pit crew.

Default tyres were sport soft. You can if you wish use any Sport tyres to go longer in the race.
It was going to be a 22 lap race, but we've gone for sprints / feature so go for what ever you like.

Subaru settings.

Power 492 bhp

Weight 1353 KG – 2982.8lbs

Power ratio 104 – Weight ratio 95

Porsche 911

Power 441bhp

Weight 1448kg – 3192.3lbs

Power ratio 90 – weight ratio 102

These are very strict as it was hard work getting these matched, thanks Joe.

Race details.

I’m hopping when you join the room you can see what number you are in the list.

Example I’ll be number 1 you’ll be number 2 in the list and so on, this will determine which car you start in. For the first Sprint Race.

Odd numbers in the list, you’re in the Subaru

Even numbers in the list, you’re in the Porsche

You then change car for the second Sprint Race (if you were in the Subaru change to Porsche) (was in Porsche change to Subaru) Simple.

Go to pit, No Practise between races.

For the Feature race you have Free Choice, which ever you enjoy the most.

Hope you enjoy this format, just adds that little twist when you change from a RR to a 4WD drive train.

Two totally different drive trains for this race, lap time wise I’ve been running 2’11.0ish (offline) in both cars. But I was just doing 1 lap in each then switching to the other car, so not giving myself time to settle in either.

Online.

From about lap 5 wear sets in, one starts to under steers the other over steers.

Pits stops will be different for each car, being different drive trains tyres will wear at different rates, so pit when you need too.

A Little heads up.

The Porsche is damn fast and will leave the Subaru in the dust on the straights, it drives well round this circuit but comes a little tail happy at times with a bit of over steer, more so when tyre wear sets in.

The Subaru you’ll have to drive this hard to not let the Porsche get away too far on the straights. Use the infield well, keep your lines tight and use the quick pick up out the corners to get back in front of the Porsche, before you hit the next straight.

Work hard, Push hard. Any miss match you find may be down to your driving style, or your preferred drive train.
But if you think after testing the Subaru need a little more juice please let me know.

Last edited:
Hello and thankyou for letting me join last night was great fun to take part. Was my first time in fugo-z last night and it did take a bit of dialing in but great fun driving single footed :lol::lol::lol:
I spent longer making the livery than driving it haha.

I'll try my best to make it to next week I don't think I'll have time to practice with them so most likely be arrive and drive and have fun.

Thanks again guys :)

Sorry Eric .

That's me working with ms word, and I used copy past. 8 tyre and 4 fuel

Please if any one finds the odd fubar please point it out, in post one you can see all the upcoming events that I'm working on, so members can test and pick which they would like to join in with, or all, it's up to you its a fun night.

Hope that helps Eric, Try the 8/4 settings let me know if you think it works

Tuning you'll find I don't tune many cars on a fun night, there's no prizes for first or last, the only prise goes to he that makes every laugh the most, normally that's Joe , just kidding Joe :lol: so long power weight is set as per op if the room allows tuning then we can't police it.

It's a night off, fun night. If you manage to win a race on the night that's a bonus :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I'm all for keeping it simple and would much rather be driving than fiddling with setups.

Me too Eric, you can fit parts if room allows, that's if you find it drives better. I find some times default box changes gear in a better point than a racing box, depending on track layout. If you fiddle that's up to you.

Some races you can use any tyres like this one, last week was default. I like to give a mix and from the comments so far I think the guys are enjoying the free choice, plus the quirky approach using in game tools.

Don't forget guys you can just pop in for one race if time is short. I'm sure all member would be glad to see you fill up the grid.

Last edited:
Amazing video work Guido, shows just what the combo hopefully brings. Cat and Mouse racing

Edit:
Watching the video above a little tip.
The Porsche is damn fast on the straight, so get him before the final turn. If you don't you will not catch him in the final straight.

But he may get you before the line. :mad:

Last edited:
Me too Eric, you can fit parts if room allows, that's if you find it drives better. I find some times default box changes gear in a better point than a racing box, depending on track layout. If you fiddle that's up to you.

Some races you can use any tyres like this one, last week was default. I like to give a mix and from the comments so far I think the guys are enjoying the free choice, plus the quirky approach using in game tools.

Don't forget guys you can just pop in for one race if time is short. I'm sure all member would be glad to see you fill up the grid.

I'm sorry but the "restrictions" for this event are still not clear to me. Are you saying anything is allowed (tuning / trans upgrade) as long as the power and weight numbers match and its on one of the sport tires. I don't want to cheat but I don't want to be at a disadvantage either.

Eric power /weight

Subaru settings.

Power 492 bhp

Porsche 911

Power 441bhp

The room settings I'm not sure of, I would say they'll be default. Hang fire a min I'll fire the PS4 up and look at the settings for the room.

I did the room a week or two ago so was not sure on settings.

Tuning prohibited
Tyres Max Sport soft / Minimum Sport hard

Hope that helps Eric, these two cars go like 🤬 off a shovel so not much need to tune them. If you've tested them both I'm sure you've found they both drive well on this track.

I know how busy guys are these days with private lives, so I always try to find entertaining combo's you can just jump in and drive, and have fun. I will forget a lot of things, I put it down to the Meds, but in reality it's more like I'm just an old 🤬 thats loosing it. :scared:

Eric power /weight

Subaru settings.

Power 492 bhp

Porsche 911

Power 441bhp

The room settings I'm not sure of, I would say they'll be default. Hang fire a min I'll fire the PS4 up and look at the settings for the room.

I did the room a week or two ago so was not sure on settings.

Tuning prohibited
Tyres Max Sport soft / Minimum Sport hard

Hope that helps Eric, these two cars go like 🤬 off a shovel so not much need to tune them. If you've tested them both I'm sure you've found they both drive well on this track.

I know how busy guys are these days with private lives, so I always try to find entertaining combo's you can just jump in and drive, and have fun. I will forget a lot of things, I put it down to the Meds, but in reality it's more like I'm just an old 🤬 thats loosing it. :scared:

Perfect! I'm glad we are keeping it simple!

I've done a few laps with both offline, they are fun to drive with each having their pro's and con's. (and different braking zones)
I'm curious to see how the 911 does online in the high speed section especially with tire wear. I'm still hit or miss going flat out through there offline.

Thanks Eric .

The new up date I feel tyre grip has changed just a little after a quick test, I also tried it at the event we just ran as it was still fresh in the memory.

Would be nice if others tried last week's race, see if they find the same. When using two cars not only do you have to work on power ratios, but also the characteristics over a number of laps.

To late to make changes now, we are working on other upcoming events.

Last edited:
@vrsstig

It's fine good to advertise one's event, also give members the chance in finding other avenues for entertainment. "so if a good driver" sorry I'm not "famous :)" I am already, I'll have to excuse myself. But good luck with your race event. 👍

Edit:
Having walked away made a cuppa and thought about your dilemma, maybe a pm to members you wish to target would be a better approach. That way it may be more fruitful in finding the type of driver you wish to find for a team event.

Last edited:
@vrsstig

It's fine good to advertise one's event, also give members the chance in finding other avenues for entertainment. "so if a good driver" sorry I'm not "famous :)" I am already, I'll have to excuse myself. But good luck with your race event. 👍

Edit:
Having walked away made a cuppa and thought about your dilemma, maybe a pm to members you wish to target would be a better approach. That way it may be more fruitful in finding the type of driver you wish to find for a team event.
Thanks and yea hope to see yous in the live feed chat as ill be hosting race and chatting on lol. Anyone is welcome to take part as it's more about clean racing and strategy over speed I say. Thanks again :)

I was trying to mimic tire wear/ fuel consumption in an online lobby for our upcoming event and discovered you can't do a race if you are the only one in the room. Guess all the data has to come running warm up laps. :(

Please advise if someone knows of another way.

Eric sorry to say with the lack of AI cars that one can add to lobby racing, you would have to grab another member to join you.

All part of the Fun or mystery of the combo having to work on the fly, but at least all members will be in the same boat.

As it says in the heading fun night, come have fun, good company, good banter and good laughs. We can all do serious racing any time day and night, these are fun events, very relaxed, ment to make you smile :) if it dose then it's done the job.

Latest Posts

Back