Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
After a very long extended break

GT Sport

Is going to feature
(Wednesday Fun Night once again re-named)

Thursday Fun Night

So as to make things easy to find, keep your eye on this #1 post. I'll update this with new TFN for upcoming evenings.

February 2019 New Events

vpnnbXQN9Uz7ipg3DTTZ5QhIPR_tqbO7MaVHfE_1WWzX1gExbk9TBX4SonFRO7RzMgPBdmE10DnqDiZAWx391LOxkSVDJk8c8sntKuECWFzx8BfNIbaQ4BrxekvEWCy5CIatR7pnOG0LlwnsdiqkzX98EJ0GyWV_9Q8lG1Qfw-ral1f-XHOiiX28oKB2Q6yLuXbioYgJPSLRB2hNs8CmBCQAch3Ds1ytYy4DvH1GkkzJ45lFAUjOUZ2pvZz82uKCU-LZjeoDPCOT1oFiBXIBq1qcyl3rF61jQfTyTgV8G0sakN7wbcVBB8Se6PKqReTS-NTf5mCocCuP_XXUug5XnsTbSH60fsDJy2nNTJ85lvm9WpboR-ALs0Upjujf-tAHG3dz_Kp2u-v9l5ZRd24F4SJg7hkVZbM-j0qWsJeGwXhLlpSXe0MvAORJ6JOpjwKvPBh_ybslB9f36QIq4AtwhML7lzxqQviGz1-45A48dvRs_MS0-T1yFIdI0iSsDqjD3TvHW6wtxDFgwPRfZDE25uo3ZxuvMESP7V1pIwD5LlhMEm_jhujswzix0eBUUQ5vEOMf3gCeEEbP29T74lCt0GJS0YOGD1E-jifY6Jq-TNpy-iWRSGvB1ezK19y_ya2OR2aVRQM817-JA3RG3RI0cPwepcRmO0Y=w1929-h1085-no

gK7bhfcQ6NY4mYEVd8A3FcyXoZzhezyTnlzJ9g1r3tq3b75IiU72rchIUOFtEaRENlfRfPHV6e0q0BwBNbwFXe84axmLjGt5L47GMHIfmoziA1jWdAwnBQ528Er9Ca7ucaaYl8fX6eU0fccT1YIgpNvcSnO49EDRUsiSA5GsG63c-kNPCaZQnDgD0GPfOWR_rOQEeRse_BN7JnAxSUC0XRakBqu3u2dBlXkZIC61rWyhnGvUSHpChv-u5IZ7aKiFP7JWzj99Z6TQABGJuwkE0uDgOLkzZFLjSbdWy9hgOp5p7XbecNYWWxx30qDoDIa6eKPJt_uq9hgtXg03X53tXgjKYbBuUyieQNm1IjCpgVbwtCUr7Giy-35h7EJ6-Gs6mTzob28wpb0uTb08zEOQ1Fuherj9pymk99PZt7zfiqCvmkFVtAnYy3dgeXoPDnMb5nriftwRkLi-stwga57MRd0AhYOzbvnGMJldrLhnQ-ZKQItdA20z3cVfJhjKatYXFanprReZX5_J0O8RXQ2IgEauEkk4kC1Vgucyf0U3W917Zfedz-SaW6SAK5dPlienTNt_5FySoV8psTtOzC-Wccr-tcU_tz32p7em6lMMjYAFx7qgxourTmTAyn-Hukpq1-OZAd_bwyQY06QBui2q0v-v-BX5tJU=w1929-h1085-no

February kicks off with a four car four drive train event.@ Brands Hatch February 7th.
Lobby open 9pm gmt.

Presented and Hosted by Mr Bass himself (Larry)

Race details to follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14th February @ 9.00pm GMT

Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop

Gr2

614bhp group not the 494 Group

2lPOOuIVETO83vlsNbJLgeQf6EkrS4eNxbIpI9o6IFn-yLuxbJyHG-pbJPwBV20G0I7RJaeDFVO7K3r4cHQIAUAVv9-E_qG6M-ZJ9GodMXabEPD71MJ4_K4X2PGGhv8yYiKPf1t0pl_etIK8NXRCbz74ed__siLUGY655pFHDwOGxZub1Z6Ni87DXedMzmvI5yA0qTt72a58bINV4ZpvRzg-1_kjcfiNo4KO_UgJ-RTDgdSCv0DM0oZsNZ47ic32j_z-yexP-LhbhCbiafI_WhO-xYpvahBLGtP5rOpxkmCp_aPCAgAIr4IjRO1aCWy7517FGjKr4hiUCR88qO0geyqQ2Kk-cZnt2C86RT72GyoWO9-wIgBmVBacYNNK-C4TdHfyrppzCLJRsmI2lV0j3hX88gx55p_Tsj--V9f7aKPpXJ-uH5uq_beXdF-vh9yDZAAwPFiGP0J_jgHjruyphgYcSGXDUsNCjBTbuKMr0HoM7gq9yrwrjAIKd0g3S0A4FhxzhojUGnnOHgJz0Udegrng9CJ20gsRcvgpIwfcRu0ehV_nGRsbKNZKXK7malE_BFMaQgXrQjK98TRTotpndisdqg9VzFqZORINfdzj47fkOjSBRk7M5xmtYaT0NDDB2ElztFdXxlBigKSTtoBBx857E5upKlE=w1929-h1085-no

A Valentines Special you don't want to miss, send me your love cards.

If it so happens this week, members can't make this because they have to get brown'y points with their loved ones, we can re-run following or later week.

14th February @ 9.00pm GMT
Details to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21st February

Beetle/Samba for a bit of dirty Dancing

Room was open from 19:00 GMT

xyhdv_ySADGDtXfPf0V1YKferk6v68-YZq1QU6sSMna_fPfzHg6OExiNFa8j3yrUjzg5Cd4jm-cEP9ujOmHLGcaYNqPRrhXnqp9AwacpeCFvYEeixFFXEx7xHCWyZ8qMKZ_o1SlsMqS7U46K95iMqZEiSW8Y1Yl5Xsu7sZ6uERYR9mDU3qAsyidLTUvl7pjSxLZORBHWqpLTYsSwmIC_fQx_Zt1HDNYiGnBTkCxS6G_NBbKn5DzqEFXl2YaAVo24oIkmCG34x2fVzKxxLRNr-c0Cq09AXeQFYuNFT4d9uZMBXn099nuFzmV_3C-vE-DZoY1S5gGIjf6hyqwoVU76g6MK4u1vlF4otY18epsboc6JSyiKbG0wkreBsqR4Sn84SqGlGgczyL_SlyPtEDJzcip3DN_1x3k4H-WCC9Z0tW89I-2GXZvMlL0t6Yekx58tG39Zvu9yv0r_22kClFDyM26KEoxl5W9FjDADPoNgVDCagjwGj3Wgfqi_baI-h-H7CABB0LP3OUZx1axhmVNiqY6HCO9ug_H5D1m3P533-BhRhGwdI2y1iFMC5WfGkLCJMi0umJx5nDQrR0LSZCtBE7enV6C6-aO4zWOMJIh-CzqZI8B7s73ELEoyqIwJq5CKcDQv_EDe4k3zGlItENLmfbpw--gj0Lw=w1626-h1084-no

A Lot took to the dance floor for this event
Then we followed it with a Dosey-Doe challenging Dodge RT '70 for a few laps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A list of what race events are upcoming.

If there are events listed below you would like to be next up, let us know by posting in the thread.
Next Event
Thursday Fun Night

7th March

Fuji Inter.. Speedway ---------- Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 sprint races Default but Drafty - Draughty :boggled: Sport Medium tyres.

---------------------------------------------​

Suzuka Circuit------------------ Millionaires Race. Full on Gr1 race mode for the speed merchants.---- Sauber Merc / Nissan R92CP / Mazda 787B / Nissan LM Nismo / Bugatti VGT Gr1 / Jaguar XJ9 '88 / Update ready for posting.

Monza Heritage Race Night --- Jaguar E-Type / Toyota 2000GT / Ferrari Dino 246 GT Ready, short races night, come with one or all three.

Red Bull short track ----------- Deafening Silence (can you guess)
Oval & infield tracks ----------- Nascar (max it out) watch out for this one, maybe a team race.
Tokyo Exp: cent/out/loop ----- Abarth 1500 Under the flood/lights in a One Gear Pony "Ton" Machine ( slang 100mph)
Circuit de la Sarthe ------------ Ford GT40 mark I 1966 / '06 The Iconic Le-mans ford of 1966 / 67 / 68 / 69
Held for Pigpin13 event
Held for Pigpin13 event
Held for Renrag39 event
A more prudent option -------- Toyota S-RF Racing Concept '16
Red bull ring ------------------- F1500at on three tyre compounds (RS,RM,RH ) 27 laps No Re-Fuelling ( F1 rules )
Circuit? ------------------------ Chewy nova sport soft.
Barcelona --------------------- subaru Isle of Man racing hard plus moto-bike chicane rules
Dragon Trail Gardens II ------ Lexus LC500 (Power ratio 139 - Weight ratio 81) Maserati S '08 (Power ratio 148 - Weight ratio 88) Sport Soft tyres, Full custom box Max speed auto set to 186 mph / 299.3 kph. Both cars.
Mount Panorama ------------- Porsche Gr3 911 RSR (991) '17 :scared: are you having a laugh :nervous:
Brazil Interlagos -------------- Fittipaldi (Emerson) EF7. Straight race for the speed demons.

Ideas to work on.

Fox and Hounds.
M.L.King had a dream / dranddad had a Vision.

Mixed tracks 4 events with handicaps. (3 races per event in two cars)

If you have events in mind to add to the list, please chirp up.

Past events.

1) Tsukuba + Moto bike chicane -- Abarth 500 ‘09 January 10th Great turn out for this race
2) Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B ----- Greddy Fugu Z / January 17th Great turn out again
3) Tokyo South inner-Loop ------- Subaru WRX road-car 4WD vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS (911) . January 24th Busy grid for this race what fun
4) Kyoto Driving Park Yagima ---- GT350 race: “The American Road Car 31 st January
5) Brands Hatch--- ----------------Mixed MR - FR - FF - 4WD Civic type R (fk2) '15 / A45 AMG '13 / Supra RZ 97 / Pantera '71. BoP
6) Tokyo exp south outer loop ---- Gr2 Fast, scary and eye rattling By Request.
7)
A Little comic relief! as Larry pointed out. Beetle/Samba for a bit of dirty racing :crazy::scared:
8) Re-Visit Tokyo exp south outer loop ---- Gr2 Fast, scary and eye rattling By Request.
9)

Last edited:
Brands Hatch February Dance Mixer - FF / FR / 4WD

Three laps with each 'partner' changing rapidly with a short break before the main ballroom dance of 12 laps with the 'partner' of your choice...or choose the pretty little lady (MR) waiting patiently on the side of the dance floor as she is only available for the main dance! :)

Dance shoes for this event are Sports Soft, Sports Medium or Sports Hard.

BOP will be set to ON and this is a N300 'Dance' - Please make sure your 'partners' are set to the correct power & weight and they are displaying N300 in your garage.

Our special lady is good to go for the event... of course she is a bit upset that she can't shed a few pounds of weight for the big event but cosi e la vita! ;)

Now introducing your dance partners...I hope to see many fine dance outfits liveries and sexy dance shoes wheels for our event! 👍

Toyota Supra RZ ’97 - FR

20190203111111-jpg.797068

Mercedes Benz A45 AMG ’13 - 4WD
****NEEDS THE POWER LEVEL SET TO 97% BEFORE ENTERING OUR ROOM****

20190203111051-jpg.797069

Honda Civic ’15 - FF

20190203111051-jpg.797070

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - MR

20190203111051-jpg.797071

Our main 'dance' will be a 12 lap race with the car & tires of your choice with a mandatory pit stop. Tire wear will be x12 Fuel will be x5...

Phillip's findings:

Each one of these has its own +/- at Brands Hatch with its blind corners and adverse cambers. Add that to the drive train you prefer out of the four, it should make for a very interesting mix of styles on track, late braking here and power over steer there.

Hope you enjoy not just having a one make race!

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
THOSE are my liveries! :lol::lol::lol:

Special paint chips with upgraded wheels is the extent of my livery making! :D
You are ahead of me, mine are all rip offs of what others have shared and made available for download. I'm not the artistic or creative type although I have changed the paint and wheels a couple of times. (I actually did it all the time in GT 6 and earlier games)

Each one of these has its own +/- at Brands Hatch with its blind corners and adverse cambers.
That is an understatement, I took them all for a spin this week.

I never checked but I assume with BOP makes the MB A45 drop down to N300? It was the most frustrating to drive but the lap times were very good.

This should make for more side splitting fun this week!

One is an N400 as the manufacturer does not produce N300.

If you look at the other three car bhp you can then adjust the n400 with the level up power ratio and we found in the car settings screen left side the catalogue of the car will change to N300.

I'll take a screen capture later to show and help you..

If anyone finds that one car is then a tenth or so quicker than another, don't forget to factor in that.

1) car and drive maybe more suited to the track, plus the driver may suit that drive over the others for this track.

2) same goes for the other cars too, when you factor in each members driving style.

I didn't want to go into all the consideration that I factor into a combo for our entertainment, some know what I used to do for a living which makes me well placed to factor these things in. I'm not having moan so don't read it that way, some combos will fall flat on its face, none will be perfect, but with different driving styles of all the members it should still turn out entertaining.

It would be so easy to pluck two cars out of thin air and off you go, I try to test them to destruction

Enjoy, do your best with setting and have fun fun fun

upload_2019-2-4_11-20-37.png

Before you select the BoP set.

In car setting Level up section set max power level to 97 and weight 100 for the AMG.
It should show as per the screen capture then.

List of all cars set to BoP

AMG 297 - 1337-------- 84 - 86
Civic 296 - 1324-------- 97 - 96
Pant 294 - 1405-------- 91 - 99
Supr 295 - 1495-------- 91 - 99

Last edited:
Apologies to everyone as I didn't read Phillip's instructions correctly...:embarrassed:

The Mercedes Benz A45 needs to be set to Power Level 97% to drop it into a N300 class car before entering our lobby on Thursday. I thought it was the Pantera...:dunce:

I will change the OP and remind everyone on Thursday...:)

It's fine Larry we're all trying our best to give good variety.

What do you think of the two new events, one one we tried yesterday and the one I just sent you.

If you want to share the info here by all means do.

Phillip, all of your events work for me! The Fuji event will be a winner...it just needs to be added to the calendar.

The East vs West Challenge Race is a very good idea...we need at least two more drivers from the Americas to give you Easterners a run for your money! :)

I'll get that posted to the Upcoming events asap Larry. Nissan GT-R Nismo @ Fuji

The East vs West Challenge Race.

I think I would like to start off with a straight race, as many North / South Americas as our US N/S members can muster. 8 if possible and 8 from the EU/UK or as many as we can all get to join us. The East team would be in a car from

Brand Central America Showroom Gr3
upload_2019-2-4_21-32-54.png

EU/UK would pick from the Brand Central Europe Showroom Gr3

upload_2019-2-4_21-32-11.png

I have a track in mind where I've already been testing this idea.
So come on gents put your name in the hat for this new event for the upcoming race list, it's new to TFN bold, can we fill the Grid with 8 vs 8

I need your help with this one.

Link to February Upcoming events page
News new event added.

Members in for this type of event so far.
Ruddracer
dranddad

Last edited:
Apologies to everyone as I didn't read Phillip's instructions correctly...:embarrassed:

The Mercedes Benz A45 needs to be set to Power Level 97% to drop it into a N300 class car before entering our lobby on Thursday. I thought it was the Pantera...:dunce:

I will change the OP and remind everyone on Thursday...:)

No problems Larry, we are all working through this together. I'm always going to error on the side of asking questions when I don't get the expected results to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Will we be using the same 12x tire and 5x fuel settings for the 3 lap sprints?

So come on gents put your name in the hat for this new event for the upcoming race list, it's new to TFN bold, can we fill the Grid with 8 vs 8

I need your help with this one.
I'm in Philip (unless something unexpected causes my schedule to change.)

Last edited:
Brands Hatch February Dance Mixer - FF / FR / 4WD

Three laps with each 'partner' changing rapidly with a short break before the main ballroom dance of 12 laps with the 'partner' of your choice...or choose the pretty little lady (MR) waiting patiently on the side of the dance floor as she is only available for the main dance! :)

Dance shoes for this event are Sports Soft, Sports Medium or Sports Hard.

BOP will be set to ON and this is a N300 'Dance' - Please make sure your 'partners' are set to the correct power & weight and they are displaying N300 in your garage.

Our special lady is good to go for the event... of course she is a bit upset that she can't shed a few pounds of weight for the big event but cosi e la vita! ;)

Now introducing your dance partners...I hope to see many fine dance outfits liveries and sexy dance shoes wheels for our event! 👍

Toyota Supra RZ ’97 - FR

20190203111111-jpg.797068

Mercedes Benz A45 AMG ’13 - 4WD
****NEEDS THE POWER LEVEL SET TO 97% BEFORE ENTERING OUR ROOM****

20190203111051-jpg.797069

Honda Civic ’15 - FF

20190203111051-jpg.797070

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - MR

20190203111051-jpg.797071

Our main 'dance' will be a 12 lap race with the car & tires of your choice with a mandatory pit stop. Tire wear will be x12 Fuel will be x5...

Phillip's findings:

Each one of these has its own +/- at Brands Hatch with its blind corners and adverse cambers. Add that to the drive train you prefer out of the four, it should make for a very interesting mix of styles on track, late braking here and power over steer there.

Hope you enjoy not just having a one make race!

:gtpflag:

For the sprint races are we using the cars in the order as you have them listed (Supra first, MB second, etc). The reason I ask is it might help things go more quickly and with less confusion if we know. Just a thought.

How Larry wants to run it as host is he's choice, but the idea was to have a random mix of cars on track so you get different braking turn in understeer oversteer and so on.

Other wise you end up with straight races which is what we try not to get unless it's a one make race.

I like both ideas...:eek:

There are + / - to both...decisions, decisions!

I am very interested in the final race to see how the grid looks...I am pretty sure what car I will drive but I want to try all three out during the sprints.

Racing with us tomorrow? - please chime in with your thoughts on this.

I like both ideas...:eek:

There are + / - to both...decisions, decisions!

I am very interested in the final race to see how the grid looks...I am pretty sure what car I will drive but I want to try all three out during the sprints.

Racing with us tomorrow? - please chime in with your thoughts on this.

I like the mix of different cars are the track will be fun. Really, if we have the same amount of people on the grid as we did last week, it will be a blast either way. Also, are we starting at 9pm gmt? I’ll be cutting it close.

Sounds like a good idea Eric...👍

Sprint Race #1 with the Supra
Sprint Race #2 with the MB A45
Sprint Race #3 with the Civic

Feature Race pick any car including the Pantera...:)

Larry, don't let my misunderstanding of the format influence how you host the event. I don't have a preference how we do it, I just want make sure I understand in advance what the process will be on Thursday so I don't hold things up.

How Larry wants to run it as host is he's choice, but the idea was to have a random mix of cars on track so you get different braking turn in understeer oversteer and so on.

Other wise you end up with straight races which is what we try not to get unless it's a one make race.

My bad, I never picked up on that when reading the event details. I'm probably guilty of focusing on finding out the information I thought was required rather than read it for what it was.

Back