Thursday Night Practice (Formerly Driving School)

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 465 comments
@Neutty just another question
Is it true that you gain time by letting the revs bar going to the top and wait a little before up shifting. Or is better to change as soon as the bar hits the limit?
(IN GR3 AND GR4 CARS)

Hey! Thanks again for the sesh yesterday, it was pretty cool, definitely learned some great points.

Today i went for some laps in the morning at Interlagos and my times are so much worse! Im 8 seconds behind the laps i was doing after yesterday’s session. I think i am using different tires, Sports soft tires.

so i set up the game at 7x tyre wear and 4x fuel

- are we using “sports” or “racing” tyres for the race?

Hey! Thanks again for the sesh yesterday, it was pretty cool, definitely learned some great points.

Today i went for some laps in the morning at Interlagos and my times are so much worse! Im 8 seconds behind the laps i was doing after yesterday’s session. I think i am using different tires, Sports soft tires.

so i set up the game at 7x tyre wear and 4x fuel

- are we using “sports” or “racing” tyres for the race?

Racing tires

Haven’t been able to make driving school the last two weeks. I’ve been practicing by myself though. Would appreciate any tips or critique you may have.

Haven’t been able to make driving school the last two weeks. I’ve been practicing by myself though. Would appreciate any tips or critique you may have.

Use more of the curbs like turns 1 and 2 you can use alot of curb and carry more speed also in the tight eight handed before the open hairpin use all of the curb otherwise look pretty good

I would be interested in getting pointers on another track, if anyone is available. If not I may open an ARL/SNAIL practice room later to try some practice.

I would like to formally apologise to everyone for my absence last night I worked out in the cold quite a bit yesterday trying to get stuff test ride before we hit the negatives today and was so drained when I got home I was asleep on the couch by about 730. I feel really bad about it and will try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I would like to formally apologise to everyone for my absence last night I worked out in the cold quite a bit yesterday trying to get stuff test ride before we hit the negatives today and was so drained when I got home I was asleep on the couch by about 730. I feel really bad about it and will try and make sure it doesn't happen again.
Your ruining the driving school series thingy.

Hey, not a problem.

All good man

It's Thursday already?

i-mean-honestly-r-antics-what-are-we-doing-here-17522264-01.jpeg

Wanna get something together for Blancpain maybe?
This is the one week I don't need to practice or tune for Blancpain because I won't be home in time to run.

I’m sick. Gonna do a little practice for VErtex and head to bed.

Jw has a family emergency he is taking care of currently and PA is
View attachment 892849

So his availability is currently unknown.
No worries. Get better man. You too PA. Hope it all works out for JW.

Back