Thursday Night Practice (Formerly Driving School)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neutty
  • 465 comments
  • 25,840 views
@PApunk924 @BGCaligula unfortuntely i wont be able to make it tonight which sucks because i could really use the help on this track.
 
Super sorry guys. I fell asleep again! Trying to join now. I swear.....I'm 99 years old!
 
Thank you everyone who came out tonight it doesn't matter if we have 20 people or 2 it will always be worth it to us to help anyone we can.
 
A big thank you to JW, BadGuy,PAPunk, and NOG for putting in the time to help at driver's school. Being about as new as they get it was great to not only get some invaluable racing tips, but info on general in game sorts of things as well. And having it track specific for next week, means that any practice I put in will have a higher success rate because of those coaching tips. I think the 3 separate conversations was perfect, like a small tutorial. 👍:)
 
Lol your always more than welcome to join if you ever get a chance....and if you ever do a tuning for dummy school tag me hahahaha
I would be a student in tuning.
 
Put your driving school from last Thursday to the TEST!! Get your extra practice in for Wednesday night while you still can.

14BADD1C-6F51-4CB2-ABAE-15B1EE343274.jpeg


UPCOMING RACE​

1/28
Week 2

Blue moon infield A II
10:30
(Any Gr.4 BOP ON)
False Start
90 minutes
Tire Wear - 7x
Fuel Wear - 4x


Confirm HERE!

The Confirmation window will be open until 8:00pm Est. If you do not confirm by then on the thread, you will not make the race. You can confirm at any time all the way up to 8:00pm Est on the night of the race!
 
Put your driving school from last Thursday to the TEST!! Get your extra practice in for Wednesday night while you still can.

View attachment 885231

UPCOMING RACE​

1/28
Week 2

Blue moon infield A II
10:30
(Any Gr.4 BOP ON)
False Start
90 minutes
Tire Wear - 7x
Fuel Wear - 4x


Confirm HERE!

The Confirmation window will be open until 8:00pm Est. If you do not confirm by then on the thread, you will not make the race. You can confirm at any time all the way up to 8:00pm Est on the night of the race!
Done
 
Sorry for how late this is, but here are my notes from Thursday.

@Drummer79 you're doing great! Lots of improvement since you started running with us just a few short months ago.
There are 2 turns I think you could work on that would improve your lap times quite a bit,

Turn 2: Start high on the banking (by the number boards) start your braking at the 100m board and slow down to roughly 75-80mph. Then roll through the corner cutting the rumble strips as closely as possible.

Turn 5: The left hander after the 2nd hairpin. From the right side of the track start your braking between the 150m and 100m boards. Roll through the turn at about 75-85mph again cutting the rumble strips. This will set you up with the speed you need for the following turns.

@Mrs Neutty You're driving lines are good. The faster times will come with practice. Most important thing I can tell you is have confidence in traffic. Don't be afraid to pass someone.

@Drifter1171 Just like Mrs Neutty your lines and speed are good. Just remember to use a little patience while passing and you'll be fine. A lot of passes need to be set up 3-4 turns prior to when the pass actually takes place.

Great work everyone and hope to see you all next time!!
 
Sorry for how late this is, but here are my notes from Thursday.

@Drummer79 you're doing great! Lots of improvement since you started running with us just a few short months ago.
There are 2 turns I think you could work on that would improve your lap times quite a bit,

Turn 2: Start high on the banking (by the number boards) start your braking at the 100m board and slow down to roughly 75-80mph. Then roll through the corner cutting the rumble strips as closely as possible.

Turn 5: The left hander after the 2nd hairpin. From the right side of the track start your braking between the 150m and 100m boards. Roll through the turn at about 75-85mph again cutting the rumble strips. This will set you up with the speed you need for the following turns.

@Mrs Neutty You're driving lines are good. The faster times will come with practice. Most important thing I can tell you is have confidence in traffic. Don't be afraid to pass someone.

@Drifter1171 Just like Mrs Neutty your lines and speed are good. Just remember to use a little patience while passing and you'll be fine. A lot of passes need to be set up 3-4 turns prior to when the pass actually takes place.

Great work everyone and hope to see you all next time!!


Fixed that for you
 
If anyone has time this evening, I could really use some help with the gr3 race track this evening, probably my worst track ...besides all the rest of them!
 
If anyone has time this evening, I could really use some help with the gr3 race track this evening, probably my worst track ...besides all the rest of them!

With gr4 being at northern isle that is actually a pretty good idea drummerman let's do it.
 
If anyone has time this evening, I could really use some help with the gr3 race track this evening, probably my worst track ...besides all the rest of them!
I can't make any promises tonight bc it depends on me getting my boys or not but if I'm on I'll jump in there catalunya is 1 of my favorite tracks
 
I could use some help on the last segment of the track. Lots of time can be lost here and lose it all lol. I'll be there.
 
This is what I have for tonight so far. Open to any and all.

arlds.jpg
 
I’m going to try to get on. I could use the help. What time works?
 
I'll be on. I'm fully awake this time.
 
Back