Time Crisis 3...Do I have everything?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy Time Crisis 3 (With the gun) And I was thinking...Do I need anything else besides just the gun? Or do I just plug it into the Controller port?

It can't be that hard to deduce. If it has a lead and plug then sure go ahead and plug it into the console. It might have some kind of radio reciever like the Wavebird pad for the Cube which you would also have to plug in.

Guncon2 uses USB connection and should come with a video extension cable, so you can plug it all the way to the back of your TV :)

Be warned! I just bought (and returned) the Guncon2. It will NOT work on LCD/Plasma/DLP/Projection TV's.

Everything needed to play is included in the kit unless you use a Coax/Svideo/Component then you need to get a special RF adapter.

I think it's lame that it requires a video connection to use the gun. I have component inputs and there is no way I'm going back to RCA just for one game. This leads to my question... Are there any third party guns that only require an USB connection?

The Gun requires a Composite (RCA, yellow, type) connection inline. To can use your component connection but you would also need to use another UF adapter that piggy backs your component adapter for the guns signal. You also have to hook up the USB connection to the front. For the two days I had it, I used a usb extension cable. I didn't feel the length they gave was suffecient for my setup.

Well, while we're on the subject...How does this thing connect assuming that I have a direct audio/video connection from the PS2 to the TV?

The Special UF adapter connects between your ps2 and your existing RF adapter. One cable from the gun connects to the new UF adapter, and the other cable plugs into the USB connection. If your running a standard A\V cable (yellow, red, white rca type connection), the composite connection from the gun connects inline with the connection going to the TV.

Latest Posts

Back