Time of PS Store update? when is it available?

• Thread starter robgroove
  • 124 comments
For those guys who find it confusing. It really isn't that hard. To make it easier, do this...

1. Type in "UK Time" into Google. It will tell you the current time in the UK which is GMT
2. Look at your current time.
3. Count how much time there's left til 9am in the UK.
4. Add it to your current time.

For example. as I'm typing this, it's 3:15am in the UK and 2:15pm here in Melbourne Australia. So if the demo is to be released at 9am in the UK that's 5 hours and 45 minutes away to be exact so we'll round it off to 6 hours. So in 6 hours it will be 8:15pm here. Done

Hope that helps

BTW, according to @psnstore on Twitter, the Japan store updates in about 5 hours.
Huh... wouldn't that be funny if it really was hosted on the PSN Stores around the world at the same time... I wonder if I can be lucid enough to check at 3 am... :dopey:

noob question.... if i create a japanese account to download it..... are the game menu's and all that in japanese.... or can it be changed to English??

noob question.... if i create a japanese account to download it..... are the game menu's and all that in japanese.... or can it be changed to English??

According to SolidSnakex on Neogaf the Japanese demo is entirely in English.

You will still need a Japanese account though.

The controls feel so twitchy on the controller :lol: if they are going to be like this for the full game, I'm definitely getting a wheel

Yeah, as in a small move on the left stick gets the wheels on a full lock. It's kinda sad and unrealistic :(

In all honesty, using a controller to steer a car is unrealistic =p.. Maybe (hopefully) it just takes some getting used to? I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it isn't too bad. I wonder how it is with the G27. I will update when I get a chance to download it =).

It's nice to download the time trial demo from JP PS Store and have it all in English. If this happens in the Full Game, that'd be fantastic! :D

MGR
According to SolidSnakex on Neogaf the Japanese demo is entirely in English.

You will still need a Japanese account though.
Hmmz, I downloaded it from the JP store with my JP account and installed it with my Dutch account and it's still in Japanese. I think the translation only works if your language (e.g. English) is supported.

Yeah, as in a small move on the left stick gets the wheels on a full lock. It's kinda sad and unrealistic :(
I have no problem with the controller at all. Sure, it's no wheel, but even with a controller the feel is great!

All those saying its super twitchy; try cockpit view. Use the wheel on screen as reference rather than your feel on the stick.

Prologue was also twitchy with the left stick, you had to be very careful. Now the steering is even more twitchy you have to very precise and smooth with your steering inputs even on a pad.

I think they will optimise its use with a pad for GT5, but this demo was made for GTacademy and on the assumption everyone will be using a wheel.

Hmmz, I downloaded it from the JP store with my JP account and installed it with my Dutch account and it's still in Japanese. I think the translation only works if your language (e.g. English) is supported.
Same for me (also Dutch), so I will download the European version later today too.

^ I thought we already knew that wouldn't happen. Ah well, maybe they're expecting the game to be out by then...Or perhaps the week after then, so they're cancelling it to build suspense.

Back