Time of PS Store update? when is it available?

• Thread starter robgroove
  • 124 comments
I am downloading for JPN but it is SSOOOOO SLOW. I have download 10% in around 20 minutes. Times 20 by 9 and you get too long, thats what. I hope it picks up. It is downloading 1mb every couple of minutes. Have I made a mistake by doing the background downloading?

i downloaded in seconds.. however the game wont let me do anything.. it says 'the server is currently undergoing maintainance .. For more details visit gran-turismo.com' ...

AHHHHH this is annoying

Well... it didn't works! Sorry.

I have the same message.

This is annoying guys... we are the drivers for GT Academy! We need to improve our skills! Pleaaaaaaase Polyphony!

Downloaded as quick as I can get over my WiFi connection, and plays fine. No issues here, apart from the bland graphics and handling that's really no different to Prologue despite what people will have you believe.

Downloaded as quick as I can get over my WiFi connection, and plays fine. No issues here, apart from the bland graphics and handling that's really no different to Prologue despite what people will have you believe.

Are you for real when you say handling is the same?

TD is on his gripe meds. :sly:

I tell you guys what. If you want to get to the top of the pile, spend a LOT of time in the untuned version and get used to it. And for the love of God, get a DF GT wheel at least. It's very close to the G25/27 and most likely the Fanatec for WAY less than it. You guys playing this with the hand controller are so hosed. And listen, real cars happen to use wheels.

Second, forget about playing this like a video game, even a PC sim. This 370Z handles a lot like a real car. This means you're going to have to pretty much start from scratch, and drop all your video game habits. Develop a feel for tackling it like your car. No flooring it most of the time. You have to have a measured gas foot and learn how to finesse it, lifting it when you turn, and gradually mashing it as you straighten out turns. Learn how to give it a light touch. Sadly, the brake is touchy like it is in Forza 3.

Figuring out those street tires is going to be crucial to having good times, and don't think you can skate with a tuned 370Z record with R3s. Both of those cars are there for a reason, and you'll be graded on both. Getting the feel of those tires, along with the snap in the Z's body as it's kind of springy, are going to be key in whittling seconds off your lap times.

Man, this blows, not having roof cam... it's there in the replay views! Cockpit cam is just nasty, and bumper is too low, so it's chase view for me. I'm not doing too bad, considering I'm seriously tired and have a splitting headache. I thought it would be a chore, and my first lap was a struggle to keep it on the road, but I'm running 463rd currently with a 1'56.211 on N3 tires. The replays look darn tasty! Much better than my performance so far. I pray that the four views get patched before the demo expires. I really want to try it with roof cam. The view is just awesome.

And now... darn it, I have to get the trash out and hit the sack. Being a bachelor munches. :P

Last edited:
Sigh. It's STILL not on the NA site and the GTPlanet guide to making a PSN acc't (as with the google ones I can find) are woefully out of date compared to the current menu screen you have to wade through. I guess I'll be sitting here waiting for the lazy North American store to update.

You guys playing this with the hand controller are so hosed. And listen, real cars happen to use wheels.

While I can't argue with you about cars and steering wheels, I will say this about using a controller. No, I do not expect to win the competition with a controller, but I seemed to be doing damn good last night. When I went to bed, I was 3rd for the tuned car and 6th in the normal car. Combined times put me 4th overall.

You CAN be fast with a controller. It just take some serious patience and skill to run with the big boys. 👍

Actually, I read some of the chat a bit ago, and there are some great hand controller times such as yours. For most people though, having a more realistic gas pedal response will mean a lot of spinouts. Not to forget steering either. This is much more like a real car. And that's the thing. GT5 is going to be more like a sim than ever,and to really enjoy it, you all should ask for a DF GT wheel for Christmas, if your parents can afford a $100 present. The game is so much more involving and enjoyable with a wheel.

Unfortunately, I have to take care of some business, so no racing for a bit. :grumpy:

Actually, I read some of the chat a bit ago, and there are some great hand controller times such as yours. For most people though, having a more realistic gas pedal response will mean a lot of spinouts. Not to forget steering either. This is much more like a real car. And that's the thing. GT5 is going to be more like a sim than ever,and to really enjoy it, you all should ask for a DF GT wheel for Christmas, if your parents can afford a $100 present. The game is so much more involving and enjoyable with a wheel.

Unfortunately, I have to take care of some business, so no racing for a bit. :grumpy:

I was just looking at the DFGT wheels on ebay and may take the leap next payday. However, I would like to have the clutch when the full game comes out so I may just wait.

Any way to make the pedals stiffer? My previous experience with wheel setups (years ago) wasn't that great, since the pedals were too touchy for my tastes.

I was just looking at the DFGT wheels on ebay and may take the leap next payday. However, I would like to have the clutch when the full game comes out so I may just wait.

Any way to make the pedals stiffer? My previous experience with wheel setups (years ago) wasn't that great, since the pedals were too touchy for my tastes.

Man, you can't go wrong with a DFGT 👍
Clutch on the G25/G27 is nice, and the pedals are a little nicer,
but if you have a DFGT, you can compete with anybody.

I got one refurbished off eBay a few weeks ago for $58, and it works great.
There are some "power sellers" on there that offer "buy it now" prices around $60-70 with free shipping, and most of them offer a 30 day money-back guarantee too. For around $60, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal in sim racing. That's about what a new game costs :) Of course, if you don't like the thought of buying something used/refurbished, I couldn't blame you. But so far, everything's great on mine. And the pedals are kind of soft, but there are some ways you can make them stiffer if I'm not mistaken.
Just search the Steering Wheel/Cockpits section and there should be some info on it, or maybe somebody will post an answer here.

Trust Carl's word. He is all knowing when it comes to GT. If I hadn't heard his all but distinctive accent, I would guess he was Kaz himself :lol:

I always thought the G25 was better than the Driving Forces. Isn't it more modern? Wasn't the last DF released when GT4 came out, nearly 300 years ago?

I always thought the G25 was better than the Driving Forces. Isn't it more modern? Wasn't the last DF released when GT4 came out, nearly 300 years ago?

No, DFGT was only released in 2008, whereas G25 has been out since 2007 I think? Maybe earlier.

I'm predicting 8PM eastern/5 pacific. Don't want to give the east coasters any extra time while the westerners are still at work. Someone would likely bring a lawsuit, you know how Californians are!

I just got off of work myself...glad you guys didn't get a head start without me :lol: I'm going to take a nap and make a solid attack once Sony updates PS store :) (which better be tonight)

Back