Time of PS Store update? when is it available?

• Thread starter robgroove
  • 124 comments
United Kingdom
Nottingham / UK
robgroove
UK time i think they update the playstation store at approx 2am - 4am. im setting my alarm, gonna try and get an hour or 2 on it before work.

I'm assuming it won't update at 12.01 so I'm getting an early night and setting my alarm for 6.00am. Should be able to get an hour or so in before work.

I think 9am GMT is perfect because most of the countries participating are awake around that time..

In the US Eastern time, PS store usually updates at around 5PM or 6 PM. I use to remember the store updated around 12 noon. !

Last edited:
Well if it is 9 am GMT, that's about 4 hours from now....so is it going to be available on every PS store at that time since it's the 17th in Japan right now...but it'll still be the 16th here in the US and many other places....or do you all think it'll be sent out at around 9 am in each regions own 9 am time?? If that made sense... :scared:

Well if it is 9 am GMT, that's about 4 hours from now....so is it going to be available on every PS store at that time since it's the 17th in Japan right now...but it'll still be the 16th here in the US and many other places....or do you all think it'll be sent out at around 9 am in each regions own 9 am time?? If that made sense... :scared:

Something is wrong in your math calculations, cause I'm living in GMT+2 timezone, and it's still 16th of Dec, 10:07pm in my clock right now. :D

I don't know...unless I'm missing something, I'm coming up with the same answer at both haha. Japan is GMT+ 9.....I'm at GMT -5...

In Japan it is currently 5:19 in the morning, and if the facebook link above said it was going to be available at 9:00am GMT, wouldn't that be less than 4 hours from now for Japan?

Oh well, either way, it'll be on the PS store eventually :cheers:

I don't know...unless I'm missing something, I'm coming up with the same answer at both haha. Japan is GMT+ 9.....I'm at GMT -5...

In Japan it is currently 5:19 in the morning, and if the facebook link above said it was going to be available at 9:00am GMT, wouldn't that be less than 4 hours from now for Japan?

Oh well, either way, it'll be on the PS store eventually :cheers:

Well, you need to put some patience to work out what/where that GMT 0 really is. Everything was in that link I send earlier, but here is direct link to that info. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/what-is-gmt.htm

Actually there is one important detail in your message... Japan is GMT +9.00, so if the demo-release is 9:00am GMT, it means Japanese gets it 18:00 in their time. (+9 GMT)

Is there actually any proof that we get it at 9am? I might not have a lie in if we can get it then.

great work Aki :) 👍

Hi May!

Your message did sound like sarcasm. :D

...and as a sidenote for all you guys... to being honest, I think PD guys actually dont know about GMT's and timezones any better than we. :)

So many times they have released online-updates and other things way earlier than they have said. So dont go to sleep pals... you can sleep so much that you want, when youre dead.

Hi May!

Your message did sound like sarcasm. :D

...and as a sidenote for all you guys... to being honest, I think PD guys actually dont know about GMT's and timezones any better than we. :)

So many times they have released online-updates and other things way earlier than they have said. So dont go to sleep pals... you can sleep so much that you want, when youre dead.

seriously.. you made a good effort to explain that GMT stuff to our friend and we had a nice end :D

i dont think PD will have the responsibility on this now... its sony.. the updates you said were only to GT5P itself.. but this is depending on PSN.. so i'l keep 9am GMT in mind
well.. thats my 2cents :P

Back