Time off for GT4 (vacation days or sick days?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 74 comments
  • 3,632 views

How much time are you taking off??

  • NONE. I am screwed!

    Votes: 65 36.9%
  • 1 or 2 days

    Votes: 57 32.4%
  • 2 or 3 days

    Votes: 16 9.1%
  • 1 week

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • over 1 week. woo!! woo!!

    Votes: 28 15.9%

  • Total voters
    176
I'm pretty sure I'll have GT4 once I'm done with Finals. Afterwards, I'll look to cash in on that slick little Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. This will be one of the few oppurtunities that I will try to enhance my GT4 experience with fancy peripherals (thanks to Merriam Webster, I prevented misspelling "peripherals"). So I'll basically have all the time I need (and then some) to enjoy GT4. And if I'm not stoned off of GT4 within the Winter Break, I sitll have a lot of my youth to do just that.
 
If it is 25 February around here (belgium), I'll probably already have a week holiday. It is 'carnaval' holiday for my children.

I'll have to kick them away from the telly watching dvd's though to play GT4 myself

:)
 
I know I originally said 1 week but that changed.....
I approched my boss and told him im going to used 2 weeks of my paid vacation days. I will be off from Feb 21 and return to work on March7th. This will be my 3rd attempt at using these vacation days. Hopefully this time it is the official (official) release date. :D Ive been waiting to use these days since January 2004. :lol:
 
Well, my GT4 time will looks omething like this:
March 9th: My birthday :dopey: and PAL GT4 release date 👍 :cheers:
March 10th-13th: Juggling GT4 and revision :sick:
March 14th-March 17th: GCSE mocks :scared: :indiff: :banghead:
March 18th: 💡 Final mock exam, run home, play GT4 all weekend :lol:
 
I'm just gonna take the day it comes out off, gotta save the rest for a summer trip to Disney World 👍
 
03twilightzx3
I'm just gonna take the day it comes out off, gotta save the rest for a summer trip to Disney World 👍


Disney World! Oh! Can I come! LOL! :dopey:
 
Hey CB what are you gonna do?

I know GTH will be super busy, And I if could I would just quit my job again, but no can do... See ya there, If you want to play XBL, I'm now: Apex Omega And I have been playing all of the games that end in 2.

I played a few times with tangoman, but I haven't seen him since Rainbow six 3.
 
Im not taking any time off school but no doubt most of my free time will be playing this.
 
None, I already looked on the day the game comes out here, on a Wednesday. I don't have any classes that day, but I'm not going to miss my karate class that day, not even for GT4.
 
Realistically... fake sick the first day I play it, maybe the second day also, then play it all day and go to sleep very late every day for a long time, or until my grades start to fall more than expected
 
wonderpill
Hey CB what are you gonna do?

I know GTH will be super busy, And I if could I would just quit my job again, but no can do... See ya there, If you want to play XBL, I'm now: Apex Omega And I have been playing all of the games that end in 2.

I played a few times with tangoman, but I haven't seen him since Rainbow six 3.
Im going to play GT4 the entire time. And probably spend some time with the girlfriend too. I can play XBL with you if you want just let me know. Nice to see you over here. 👍
 
Well, I am going to have a sick day ! I am taking it the day after it is released....thats about all I can do...*sigh*
 
I didn't take any time off, but i've cut back on sleep. Can't sleep, must play GT i'll sleep when i've finished it.

Well not to that extreme length, but I have missed a few hours of sleep since i've had the game. I'm glad I haven't had a holiday to play it in because then I would have rushed through it like anything probably.
 
Oh, there'll be at least one full day of GT4 goodness in the Redfury household...phones unplugged, kids sent to their rooms, wife sent for beer and chips....

It's the only time I drink and drive! HONEST!

Actually, my brother and I plan on taking at least a full day away from the families and just grind it out for 24 hours to get it out of our systems. Otherwise I can see the two of us getting fired from our respective jobs for habitually showing up late for work, and cutting out early :D
 
CAMAROBOY69
Thats very smart. Using earned vacation days is one thing, but skipping school to play a video game would be a sure sign of unintelligent decisions. My company forces me to use as many vacation days before the end of the year. So far it is the end of October and I havent missed a single day or used a single vacation day yet this year. I have 4 weeks of vacation days saved up. :dopey:
Well, I was thinking about to skip 2 lessons
from school and then get back to school and say that I overslept and 'I'm sorry'. And when school end I'll rush home and finally play it :D
 
I was thinking about this alot and I am in school and have a part time job as a superviser at a publix supermarket. I will only take about 5 days off like thrusday through monday and then just go to school regular hours.
 
Liquid Li0n
you have to add in your topic title --> skip school
I don't condone skipping school so I am not going to enter that into my topic title. Sorry. I think most of the people in here are more responsible than that.
 
The game will be released friday the 11th March in the U.K (hopefully :nervous: ). This means i will have the weekend to play it straight anyway so i probably be able to avoid takin time off college anyway. I can see Wednesday and Thursday being difficult to handle however knowing that the PAL version is out EVERYWHERE else in europe!!!

P.S do you americans know if you're getting any extra content like us europeans to justify the wait????
 
NONE. Why? Because I don't have a job. And never will have a job for the rest of my life. People who do have jobs should not be playing videogames. (Sorry, I hate boring people with jobs.)

Incase you are wondering I am attending my first Army National Guard training session this summer and I intend to be a career soldier.
 
From 03/09 I'll pass all my long nights awake... with a car and a track to run!
 
WOOO HOOOO!

I just figured out that I have the 22nd off from school for teacher in service day!!!!

YES! I will get up early, go buy it and play all day baby!!!!
 
wheres the option - None, my life doesnt revolve around video games.
 
I won't be taking any days off, nor skipping classes. I'll just wait for the weekend and play it for 3 days no-stop until my eyes bleed :sly: :D

CAMAROBOY69
...skipping school to play a video game would be a sure sign of unintelligent decisions

CAMAROBOY69
I don't condone skipping school so I am not going to enter that into my topic title. Sorry. I think most of the people in here are more responsible than that.

As opposed to skipping work/calling in sick when you really aren't (you put sick days in your thread, didn't you ;)) to play a video game are signs of intelligent decisions, correct? Now that IS a REAL sign of maturity/responsibility :D :sly:

Don't you think it's a little bit hypocritical to call students that skip their classes to play a video game irresponsible or unintelligent, while you are allowing workers to skip their job/call in sick (when they are NOT) to do the same thing?

Notice that I didn't say anything about earned vacation days... If you are using your vacation days to play GT4, then be my guest. There is nothing wrong/immature/irresponsible with that. You are allowed vacation days.

But laying about being sick is as much irresponsible/immature for a worker as it is for a student.

The Wizard.
 
I will probably skip school the day it comes out, but I am senior in high school, so missing one day will do nothing to me, for that matter missing a week will do nothing to me, but I am still only skipping one day.
 
Great topic, CAMAROBOY!

I asked my boss for 22nd & 23rd off this morning. I will have cans of energy drinks in my fridge. I'll show to work on the 24th, with very little or no sleep.
 
Im not takign off any time, nor am i screwed. I just got my shift changed from 7-3, so i can do this. Come home 3:30, play for 4 hours, go out, go to sleep and go to work. I mean really, i know ill love the game and play it like a religion, but i HAVE to go out. IVe even told my roomate that if i become to addicted to the game tro pull me away from it. NO game will control my life.
 
tbs_nismo
I will probably skip school the day it comes out, but I am senior in high school, so missing one day will do nothing to me, for that matter missing a week will do nothing to me, but I am still only skipping one day.

Im not sure how it works at your school but if you missed a 5day school week, thats 30 classes worth of work to makeup. I think gt4 is worth 1, 2 days at the most.
 
Back