Attachments

• aa_1969_dodge_charger_dukes_of_hazzard.jpg
    aa_1969_dodge_charger_dukes_of_hazzard.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Dukes-of-Hazzard.jpg
    Dukes-of-Hazzard.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I know I have been gone a long time but I have been busy. I will release a new car really soon so, expect a comeback!

I have been dreading this moment. Nonetheless, I decided to test out the GNX at the 'Ring.

JDP Speedshop GNX Review:
The car looks purely ridiculous, with a giant rear wing. This garnered me some unwanted attention from the locals, who were thinking, "Was die Holle?" Google that if you're not familiar with German. I'm pleased to say that I beat T-Fan's time by just over 25 seconds. Here's what I found out:

+ Balanced in low speed corners
+ Doesn't spin out suddenly (helpful on the Nurburgring)
- Understeers on downhill corners
- 6th gear is useless
- Poor acceleration from 4th gear onwards
- Gears too widely spaced
- Over-reliant on traction control

I also took it to Vegas, and before I gambled this GNX away in a poker game (but I later won it back, but demanded cash instead), I recorded a 1/4-mile time of 13.851 seconds. It reaches 100km/h in around 5.9 seconds from a 2nd gear launch, and from 1st gear it takes a little longer, between 6.1 and 6.2 seconds. Don't try a 3rd gear launch though, as it takes up 8.8 precious seconds of your life. Now you know why I gambled it away. It's impractical, and is over-reliant on the dead body in the boot/trunk.

Rating: 5/10

I have been dreading this moment. Nonetheless, I decided to test out the GNX at the 'Ring.

The car looks purely ridiculous, with a giant rear wing. This garnered me some unwanted attention from the locals, who were thinking, "Was die Holle?" Google that if you're not familiar with German. I'm pleased to say that I beat T-Fan's time by just over 25 seconds. Here's what I found out:

- 6th gear is useless

I also took it to Vegas, and before I gambled this GNX away in a poker game (but I later won it back, but demanded cash instead), I recorded a 1/4-mile time of 13.851 seconds. It reaches 100km/h in around 5.9 seconds from a 2nd gear launch, and from 1st gear it takes a little longer, between 6.1 and 6.2 seconds. Don't try a 3rd gear launch though, as it takes up 8.8 precious seconds of your life. Now you know why I gambled it away. It's impractical, and is over-reliant on the dead body in the boot/trunk.

The important thing:

What tyres did you use for that run?

raVer

"JDK-SS-GMPD-RACECAR"-BUICK GNX '87-PARTS LIST;

Racing Brakes
B.B.C.
Nitrous
Racing Tranny
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
L.S.D. 1 Way
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Roll Cage
Oil Change
Car Wash
Rims- NI0298
Fin

B.B.C.;12/24

Aids;0/0/2

Downforce; 0/30

Ballast;80
Balance;0/50 Rear

Tranny;
Auto; 13
1; 3.159
2; 2.090
3; 1.430
4; 1.045
5; 0.831
6; 0.637
Final; 3.500

First set auto then the rest as follows.

Suspension;
5.0/10.0
106/192
8/8
10/10
2.5/0.0
0/-2
1/1

This bad boy is great on "The Ring" I got an 8.42.794, enjoy! Tarmac only.

- 6th gear is useless

Now, I've looked at all this and I thought I'd have a little fun with an experiment. My experiment is that I could get a STOCK GNX, complete with S2 tyres only, to go around the Nurburgring quicker than your tuned up with nitrous car. I went and got a GNX, gave it an oil change, turned off the AIDS, and went to the 'ring to see what I could do with it. My very first lap, I have completed an 8'19.781, with space to improve some more. I can show the results if needed, I'll just record the replay. :) I'm having another shot now, and I'm aiming for an 8'15.xxx, which should be quicker than driftking's time in your car.

The reason I'm doing this?? To prove that sometimes tuning a car makes it worse than it was from the factory if it's tuned by the wrong person.

*added bit* 2nd attempt, an 8'17.284 with an off at the end of the straight, would've been 8'15.xxx otherwise.

*added bit #2* 3rd attempt, try an 8'14.132. That is one fun stock standard car to drive around the Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Now, I've looked at all this and I thought I'd have a little fun with an experiment. My experiment is that I could get a STOCK GNX, complete with S2 tyres only, to go around the Nurburgring quicker than your tuned up with nitrous car. I went and got a GNX, gave it an oil change, turned off the AIDS, and went to the 'ring to see what I could do with it. My very first lap, I have completed an 8'19.781, with space to improve some more. I can show the results if needed, I'll just record the replay. :) I'm having another shot now, and I'm aiming for an 8'15.xxx, which should be quicker than driftking's time in your car.

The reason I'm doing this?? To prove that sometimes tuning a car makes it worse than it was from the factory if it's tuned by the wrong person.

*added bit* 2nd attempt, an 8'17.284 with an off at the end of the straight, would've been 8'15.xxx otherwise.

*added bit #2* 3rd attempt, try an 8'14.132. That is one fun stock standard car to drive around the Nurburgring.

:lol: Trying to stay away from this thread, but as you can see I failed! Had to see what Mafs had to say...

I don´t doubt the tuning makes the car worse , I rather guess it´s the driver who makes the time worse.:)

raVer

This bad boy is great on "The Ring" I got an 8.42.794, enjoy! Tarmac only.

Fantastic comments guys, and gals tires that were used were R5's
"Great on the 'Ring"? Bullcrap. You managed that time, which I beat by 25 seconds on S2 tyres, on R5s? I'm going to sound like a cold-hearted jerk here, but man that was crap. Mafia_Boy was 3 seconds faster than me (on S2s) in a stock GNX with no drivers' aids, an oil change and S2 tyres. There's no point holding this in now, but you need to re-think your life. Anyone who can't take a 290hp car which weighs around 1.5 tons on the grippiest tyres ever made around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes should re-think their life. I'm starting to think that the only way you can get all golds in your licence tests is by using a cheat disc.

-raVer-
I don´t doubt the tuning makes the car worse , I rather guess it´s the driver who makes the time worse.
That sounds a bit confusing, -raVer-. There are instances of player-tuned cars being slower than stock versions in GT4. I spent so much time trying to get my budget EK9 Type R to go faster than Spoon's version. I've failed, unfortunately. Mainly because the Spoon Civic, which is permanently in the dreams of one =drifting24/7=, is around 150-200kg lighter.

Also, I have a problem with people who use R5s when tuning cars. It's OK when you're dealing with a 900hp+ Skyline GT-R intent on making the Bugatti Veyron crap itself, a similarly powered Group C car meant for taking you above 300mph or a car meant to blast down the 1/4-mile in less than 8 seconds. But for a 290hp car...Jesus motherflippin' (I just had to use a euphemism here, although I think they're a load of crap) Christ, what the hell? R5s hide the true handling characteristics of a car. They make you think that the car is a lot better than it actually is. Wait 'til you see how quick they wear out in a race where tyre wear isn't disabled.

driftking18594
It's impractical, and is over-reliant on the dead body in the boot/trunk.
About that...the FBI want to talk to you, TOURNIQUETFAN.

Fantastic comments guys, and gals tires that were used were R5's

"Great on the 'Ring"? Bullcrap. You managed that time, which I beat by 25 seconds on S2 tyres, on R5s? I'm going to sound like a cold-hearted jerk here, but man that was crap. Mafia_Boy was 3 seconds faster than me (on S2s) in a stock GNX with no drivers' aids, an oil change and S2 tyres. There's no point holding this in now, but you need to re-think your life. Anyone who can't take a 290hp car which weighs around 1.5 tons on the grippiest tyres ever made around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes should re-think their life. I'm starting to think that the only way you can get all golds in your licence tests is by using a cheat disc.

Highlighted and enlarged the most important bit to show that my work here is done with this one.

Also, I have a problem with people who use R5s when tuning cars. It's OK when you're dealing with a 900hp+ Skyline GT-R intent on making the Bugatti Veyron crap itself, a similarly powered Group C car meant for taking you above 300mph or a car meant to blast down the 1/4-mile in less than 8 seconds. But for a 290hp car...Jesus motherflippin' (I just had to use a euphemism here, although I think they're a load of crap) Christ, what the hell? R5s hide the true handling characteristics of a car. They make you think that the car is a lot better than it actually is. Wait 'til you see how quick they wear out in a race where tyre wear isn't disabled.

I'm now considering slapping R5's on and seeing how badly I can destroy T-Fan's time by. Let's aim for a goal of 7'42.794 which would be exactly one minute faster than him, with a completely bone stock GNX, vs his "worked" version. Give me bonus points if I can hit a sub-7.30. :D

I'm now considering slapping R5's on and seeing how badly I can destroy T-Fan's time by. Let's aim for a goal of 7'42.794 which would be exactly one minute faster than him, with a completely bone stock GNX, vs his "worked" version. Give me bonus points if I can hit a sub-7.30. :D

MAFS, don´t forget to compare your stock trial with T-Fan's tune.
I bet T-Fan's tune gets a better time than with your stock try , apart from T-fan's time. :)

raVer

Guys.
TOURNIQUETFAN may not be the hottest driver or tuner ever to post on :gtplanet:, but everyone's got to start somewhere, and it's no excuse for snide personal attacks. 👎
Knock it off, sharpish. :grumpy:

Quit messing with this poor idjit and get back to posting what you've got done of TCV5.

+1,000 no.... x1,000. Let's follow what daan suggested a few months back: Report the idjit, or Ignore the Idjit. Also....

[talking to a wall]The latest word is GT5 won't be out until November. That's plenty of time to get TCV5 DONE and TCV6 started (possibly), but if that's gonna happen, let's have less car entries to ensure it gets done in a timely manner. [/talking to a wall]

Guys.
TOURNIQUETFAN may not be the hottest driver or tuner ever to post on :gtplanet:, but everyone's got to start somewhere, and it's no excuse for snide personal attacks. 👎
Knock it off, sharpish. :grumpy:

+1,000 no.... x1,000. Let's follow what daan suggested a few months back: Report the idjit, or Ignore the Idjit. Also....

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear?

The next person referring to any other member by any derogatory term, be it idiot, Idjit, crap, or making implications of cheating or stupidity in this thread, is going to rightfully earn 10 infraction points for Abusive Comments.
Don't forget each and every one of you is bound by the AUP which contains this statement:
AUP
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harrass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Clear now?

gas savers, need to save on money? My cars will do that for you.

Erm, just one quick question...

Being as no-one (of the millions of people that have ever played GT4) has ever been charged a single game Credit for gas in the game, how do you propose to save anyone any money?

Just curious.

Last edited:
Sure I got it. NO prob. But I'm hoping you mods have got all the Report Posts I've been sending on you-know-who, who has been here on and off now for roughly five months, yet still breaks AUP regularly with nonsensical posts, grammatical errors a 5th grader could avoid, a couple unresolved flames, etc.

As far as gas goes If you watch the gas meter, it goes faster with the larger engines.

I spell great now Parnelli, and remember God loves you!

I wish I could come to England and throw an Original Mini Cooper on to the game, boy I miss them from part three!

Last edited:
Ok, I get the gas dropping quicker with a larger engine bit, but how does having a smaller engine using less gas in the game save me any money if it costs me precisely 0.00Cr for every time I fill up any car in the game be it a ravenous 8-litre V10 Dodge Viper from almost empty to topping off a barely used 356cc 2-cyl Subaru 360?

I've done nearly 60,000 miles in my 100,000 A-spec game as can be seen below:
100000status.jpg

I've spent a total of 60,793,488Cr in this game. (Prizemoney - Remaining money as I didn't transfer credits from GT3.)
Want to know how much I spent on gas in the game to achieve that?
You guessed it, 0.00Cr. ;)

So how do you propose your cars are going to save me money as you've claimed?

Bear in mind this is part of our Acceptable Use Policy here:

AUP
You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

oh, I guess I was misunderstanding I probally should have put light powered-to-hybrid cars, or electric. very sorry about that.

I was thinking about comparing 34 cars and adjusting them accordingly on the ring. Then drop by your comments.

Last edited:
I've brought these few posts back over here so as to not take the MFT thread even further off-topic:

I know I have been immature in my last attempts on tuning, and one of my threads was a mess.

I plan on improving that, by taking all RR cars and testing them on the "Ring".

I am taking 3 RUFs, 2 Elises, I concept,(Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe), A110 1600S, SUBURU 360 and the 2VWs you own. And testing them throughly.

But you're aware that the 2 Elises & the i Concept that you're planning on testing with the RR cars are actually MR drivetrains, right?

Yah I know, it wouldn't be fair not to include England in this test.

but I fail to see how you can justify including a Japanese MR car in a test of "all RR cars" with the statement "it wouldn't be fair not to include England in this test."?
How then can you see it as fair to, for example, not to include Sweden in this test by running a Volvo S60 which is also not RR, or not include Australia in this test by running a Holden Monaro which is also not RR?

Please think through what you're actually typing when you post here, and read through what you've typed before you hit the submit button in future to see if it actually makes any sense. Overenthusiasm to see your next post appear here is no excuse for posting up any old rubbish that comes to mind, and nor is posting more or less the same thing unnecessarily in just about all the active tuning threads. 👎
Spend the time actually doing the testing, and post the results here with a credit to each of the other garages in your review post. 👍

I'm sorry but this is beyond a 🤬 joke!! I've just come on here to see the whole first page loaded with BS from T-Fan about testing all the RR cars, in every single garage, and also in the TCv5 judging thread, WHICH WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR JUDGES TO POST IN ONLY!! Are you a judge Torniquetfan?? NO!! So to have you post in the judging thread saying this garbage is quite annoying. Then to come into GME and saying the exact same thing is even more annoying. :grumpy:👎

Now I've come to this thread to vent my anger at everyone that allows this absolute rubbish that Torniquetfan posts to be allowed in the GT4 Tuning Section!! I find that the moderation of this member has been completely nonsensical by the moderating team from day one and that other people have been banned for a lot less than this guy has done on here.

We as members have tried and tried and tried again to educate him on how to use the forum properly, and it's failed miserably. He doesn't listen to guidance that is given to him by his fellow members or by the GTP Staff, he posts absolute gibberish with no direction as to what he's trying to achieve in his goals, be it his tuning garages or his testing or whatever action he has tried to undertake. Please do something about enforcing your own rules because to me all he has done is spammed this forum with ridiculous comments and being a general nuisance to the forum and I'm the one who has tried to help him the most so for me to say it should mean something in that sense!!

As such, I can view that you guys have been way too easy on this guy who has not provided a worthwhile contribution in the many months he's been here and more harsh on your regulars who are just trying to point out what he has done but with no one listening, what are they to do?? They feel their views are invalid in the moderator team's eyes, considering many of them have already reported this person and are getting in trouble for simply expressing their view which is not a unique view at all, as evidenced in quite a few posts previously!! Exercise some discipline please for the good of this section!!

/Rant.

I find that the moderation of this member has been completely nonsensical by the moderating team from day one and that other people have been banned for a lot less than this guy has done on here.

As such, I can view that you guys have been way too easy on this guy who has not provided a worthwhile contribution in the many months he's been here and more harsh on your regulars who are just trying to point out what he has done ... [snip] ... They feel their views are invalid in the moderator team's eyes, considering many of them have already reported this person

We're really getting sick of saying this stuff. Long-term members have been given infractions (I got one) after commenting on this user's behaviour while there seems to be nothing done about the user's actions. As someone PM'd me ...
Ultimately, it's not an AUP offence to be a retard.
I think that it should be.

Back