Time Trial #54

You don't necessarily need to do it with the Vette... the new seasonal should allow the same testing if you're convinced the power and torque change with miles.

Try running the NASCAR for 1,000 miles with stock power and see if it changes... or at Tsukuba with a relevent car.

You don't necessarily need to do it with the Vette... the new seasonal should allow the same testing if you're convinced the power and torque change with miles.

Try running the NASCAR for 1,000 miles with stock power and see if it changes... or at Tsukuba with a relevent car.

I will certainly watch out for it happening on further events. Its a bit like the car transforms between 2 incriments and its not until you reach the next incriment that it becomes reflected in bhp, torque and performance points.

I really do hope that people can understand what i'm saying and that something could be learnt from this.

Anyway well done Stotty and all you guys that achieved 1:17's and better.
I thoroughly enjoyed this event it was fantastic.
Have not checked my rank yet but if it is any better than 75 it would be my best rank so far.

Onto the next.👍:cheers:

I will certainly watch out for it

We can shorten this Test from 1000 mile drive :yuck:

1. Buy 2 New NASCARs.
  2. Run NASCAR#1 around Spa in Practice Mode.
    Take Note of the BHP Change after 10 laps.
  3. Run NASCAR#2 on the Spa Time Trial.
  4. Both Cars Stock Tune & Identical, no parts or oil change etc.

If the BHP on both cars is identical or the bhp on NASCAR#2 is greater
I will concede that I was incorrect.
IT'S ON NOW CHAPS
nascar_girls.gif

Before I run this,
  • I'm predicting fom 1 to 5bhp increase on NASCAR#1
  • I'm predicting 0 bhp increase on NASCAR#2

(Just some fun in the name of scientific enquiry) :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok I was a little lazy,

2 Bone Stock NASCARs, 0.0km each.
NASCAR#1 :Practice mode 3 laps of Spa, gained 2 bhp.
NASCAR#2 :Time Trial mode 4 laps of Spa, gained 0 bhp.

What now?

We can shorten this Test from 1000 mile drive :yuck:

1. Buy 2 New NASCARs.
  2. Run NASCAR#1 around Spa in Practice Mode.
  3. Run NASCAR#2 on the Spa Time Trial.
  4. Both Cars Stock Tune & Identical, no parts or oil change etc.

If the BHP on both cars is identical or the bhp on NASCAR#2 is greater
I will concede that I was incorrect.
IT'S ON NOW CHAPS
nascar_girls.gif

Before I run this,
  • I'm predicting fom 1 to 5bhp increase on NASCAR#1
  • I'm predicting 0 bhp increase on NASCAR#2

(Just some fun in the name of scientific enquiry) :cheers:

Ok I was a little lazy,

2 Bone Stock NASCARs, 0.0km each.
NASCAR#1 :Practice mode 3 laps of Spa, gained 2 bhp.
NASCAR#2 :Time Trial mode 4 laps of Spa, gained 0 bhp.

What now?

First of all cogratz with your awesome finish on the Vette event, mate 👍

And for the breakin in part. I could tell you that without testing it. So you could stay your lazy ass on the couch :lol: But thanks for the pic :D

First of all cogratz with your awesome finish on the Vette event, mate 👍

And for the breakin in part. I could tell you that without testing it. So you could stay your lazy ass on the couch :lol: But thanks for the pic :D

Thanks dude! :lol:
I didn't really need to test it, but I thought I would just so I had specific numbers for others to confirm/deny. ;)

I will certainly watch out for it happening on further events. Its a bit like the car transforms between 2 incriments and its not until you reach the next incriment that it becomes reflected in bhp, torque and performance points.

I really do hope that people can understand what i'm saying and that something could be learnt from this.

Anyway well done Stotty and all you guys that achieved 1:17's and better.
I thoroughly enjoyed this event it was fantastic.
Have not checked my rank yet but if it is any better than 75 it would be my best rank so far.

Onto the next.👍:cheers:

My car has 1215 miles all run in this TT, when fully modded I get the same exact hp, tq, and PP as a brand new one with the same mods.
Also, it will not let me do a chassis restore on this car which again points to no changes happening to the car from driving in a TT only.

But you can check all this too. If you have a car that has only been run only in a TT with lots of miles, compare it to a new one. You just have to be very sure it was only run in a TT to check your theory.

Are the Nescars 2011 all same or different.
The 2011 cars that I can buy are also ok only the Jeff Goardan 2011?

My car has 1215 miles all run in this TT, when fully modded I get the same exact hp, tq, and PP as a brand new one with the same mods.
Also, it will not let me do a chassis restore on this car which again points to no changes happening to the car from driving in a TT only.

But you can check all this too. If you have a car that has only been run only in a TT with lots of miles, compare it to a new one. You just have to be very sure it was only run in a TT to check your theory.

Thanks for confirming, I owe you a coca-cola (serious) :cheers:

First forget about practice mode. I did not run any cars offline.
Second you will have to keep driving a car and watch out for any changes in the handling of the car (the vette, the rear began to step out when cornering but in a good way. Gradually this got worse and became a problem). This would have been the main reason banditkarter adjusted the lsd to 16, but eventually the rear becomes very hard to control as it just keeps getting worse.
REMEMBER: All the time this is happening the numbers (bhp, torque and PP) DO NOT CHANGE.
If you keep driving the car long enough eventually it will be reflected in the numbers, but that is too late.

Example with the vette...
0-950(est.) miles - no noticeable difference in the car
950-1100 miles - the car performed to my advantage. THIS IS THE WINDOW. (for me and my driving abillity 1100 was where it started getting tricky
1100-1200 miles - car got gradually more uncontrollable. (2nd car i gave up at this point)
1200> miles - In my 1st car i continued until the PP went above 580. Then i had to adjust the limiter. Replaced the car with the 2nd one.

Hence my posts....
Any of you faster guys had to tweak final gear?
When i get a descent exit of last bend i hit the rev limiter just before breaking for first bend.
Sorry about the spelling:- decent.
I was curious if anyone else noticed it. It's not a big problem and only happens once in 3 or 4 laps when i get a descent exit. Also i'm breaking before the crest so front lift is reduced.
I have now discovered my power has shifted so that may be the reason. Changing car for now.

So as you see the power changed, it exceeded PP. No offline use, it happened. This was the point the numbers changed. Well after the window.
With the 2nd car i could have ran it to this point but it would have only been to see what the mileage was. At 1200 miles i assumed it was going to happen within the next 100 miles (1300 miles).

Any other model of car could and would probably be different in the amount of mileage. Any increase in the numbers (bhp, torque and PP) will be too late.
The power of the car increases but it is not reflected in the numbers until later.

Last edited:
So as you see the power changed, it exceeded PP. No offline use, it happened. This was the point the numbers changed. Well after the window.
With the 2nd car i could have ran it to this point but it would have only been to see what the mileage was. At 1200 miles i assumed it was going to happen within the next 100 miles (1300 miles).

Any other model of car could and would probably be different in the amount of mileage. Any increase in the numbers (bhp, torque and PP) will be too late.
The power of the car increases but it is not reflected in the numbers until later.

Well, I don't doubt that you are sincere. (anymore)

But I have never experienced such changes & I'm a bit of a TT junkie.

Stranger things have happened in GT5.
Like, Cars with Racing tyres allowed into a Comfort Soft TT.
Or 4WD cars in a FR TT. Wheels disappearing. Go Karts appearing in NASCAR replays. etc etc

Maybe your car/game somehow glitched and this happened. :confused:

Well, I don't doubt that you are sincere. (anymore)
Not sure what to make of that comment. The 'anymore' makes a seemingly positive sentence sound negative.

But I have never experienced such changes & I'm a bit of a TT junkie.

Stranger things have happened in GT5.
Like, Cars with Racing tyres allowed into a Comfort Soft TT.
Or 4WD cars in a FR TT. Wheels disappearing. Go Karts appearing in NASCAR replays. etc etc

Maybe your car/game somehow glitched and this happened. :confused:

I've been thinking quite hard on this and i may have a hypothesis.. give me a bit of time to compile this in writing. keep an eye on this thread.

Not sure what to make of that comment. The 'anymore' makes a seemingly positive sentence sound negative.

I doubted your sincerity when I thought you were winding me up, but not anymore.

Last edited:
Thats ok we're cool and i understand your scepticism, I wouldn't want you to change that. In fact its healthy.

I think the settings put the bhp at the top end of 659bhp. Below are the range of power restrictor settings with relevant PP & BHP. Obviously an increase to the resrictor will increase the bhp so at 94.5% the bhp must be toward the lower end of 659bhp and 94.6% the upper end of 659bhp
It may have just been so close that the amount of miles that banditkarter and I drove we crossed the threshold of 659bhp to 660bhp. When we reached 660bhp the performance points would equal 581.

94.0 580 655
94.1 580 656
94.2 580 657
94.3 580 657
94.4 580 658
94.5 580 659
94.6 580 659
94.7 581 660
94.8 581 661

To me it felt like an increase in torque was ocurring and that was what gave the advantage but only breifly and the strangest thing was how rapidly it changed from mild to extreme. Weird. I do have a vague recollection that when PP changed on the 1st car the torque was 80.3 a jump from 79.3 and the bhp was 660. Why the torque was not changing on the graph upto the point PP changed is a mystery to me.

I think we should call it a glitch for now, but its worth filling away in the back of the mind in case something like it comes up again. And to take advantage of it is either going to be luck or recognizing it before the window closes.
Also to add, when banditkarter went to practice mode he had already passed through the window setting his .545 (i think it was) after which beating his sector times and then his .515.
I did the same set a 17.576 after which beat all my sector times and the knocking a smidge off with .523.
Coincidence maybe.
I dont think there would be any arguments if i said banditkarter is a better driver than me and that he may have been able to keep the car under control longer than me. In the end he noticed it was different. Was that the reason for him to try in practice mode? Nevertheless we both experienced the same thing in my view and it happend to me earlier and so i was able to go through it again with the second car.

My hypothisis is...
I blame Stotty for coming up with such a good tune that i really enjoyed driving it and that led me to do so much mileage. :lol:
Stotty has earnt a lot of admiration and respect from me.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I think like PrivateJoker said, It would not surprise me at all if there was some glitch/bug in the game that caused to the car to start changing at some point or something. I may take my car back to the TT to see if the HP/tq changes as I drive it up to like 1500 miles.

Throughout the TT while putting on all my miles I kept going back to the tuning menu to make small changes to things like break bias and the LSD and I never found the PP had increased at any point.

I will have to keep a look out for this effect in the future though.

I wanted to see if i could repeat it in the lobby. But it seems i cannot use a borrowed car in the lobby so i would either have to transfer the car back, run it to see if it occurs again and/or run a new car same setup the full distance. If i get a positive result then it would be possible for anyone to then run the exact same experiment for themselves.
I think this maybe the only way.
It maybe posible for me to run the experiment with current car and quit the game before the car gets updated also.
One way or another i intend to find a way for others to try it for themselves.
I know it happens to this car and it was repeatable therefore there is a model to base a comparison on.

Edit: After trying in the lobby just a few laps changed the cars performance so thats no good.

Im stumped.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, thanks very much. Just glad to be off the addictive drugs. Also, the back operation is supposed to be the last one which just to tie up some loose ends, if you will. Anyways, just glad to be off those drugs. They detoxed me first so that they could gove me non-narcotics after the operation. Anyhow, just feels good to be off them things as they were beginning to rule my life.

Hey, good to see you back! Oh, and glad to hear about the non-narcotics. I screwed my back up pretty good some years ago, and one doc gave me Percodan (oxycodone). It messed me up pretty bad. On the third day, I could tell I was getting addicted physically, so I flushed the whole bottle of the damned things. Massage, acupressure, and chiropractic are my pain meds now. And I do heavy warehouse work day in and day out, so it must be working!

Hope you're well, and best wishes for a continued recovery.

I just have to ask, what if i miss this close day? what happen? all those seasonal events seems to be still open.

You can still do TT54 for the 2 000 000 credits, but the rankings are over. You will not get a ranking/position.

You can still do TT54 for the 2 000 000 credits, but the rankings are over. You will not get a ranking/position.

Sorry Jaywalker, hate to disagree but you can't still do TT54. Once the deadline is reached on these Time trials they are replaced by the new incoming TT and are no longer available to anyone.....other than PD of course :)

Sorry Jaywalker, hate to disagree but you can't still do TT54. Once the deadline is reached on these Time trials they are replaced by the new incoming TT and are no longer available to anyone.....other than PD of course :)

And I have to disagree with you. :) I did them last night on my new account & got the credits. All it said was that I would not be ranked as the event is closed. Try it for yourself. :dopey: (They're all the way on the right hand side of the Seasonal events & show as closed, but you can still go in. TT54 will vanish when the next TT opens & will then be replaced by TT55.)

And I have to disagree with you. :) I did them last night on my new account & got the credits. All it said was that I would not be ranked as the event is closed. Try it for yourself. :dopey: (They're all the way on the right hand side of the Seasonal events & show as closed, but you can still go in. TT54 will vanish when the next TT opens & will then be replaced by TT55.)

This 👍
I'v done those events so many times late :lol:

oh thats cool! so i got like thousands of events to complete then :dopey: cant wait for those credits.. :sly:

You have a limited time on old T/T. Even if the new one is out they will cycle the old one out sooner or later. Once cycled out, you have no further access to them and ranking stops once the time period has come up.

And now I owe you a MASSIVE apology! You are so right, I have never noticed them before, guess I should look a bit better.

So sorry Jaywalker 👍

well another thing what is going on my mind, do you get extra credit/prices if your time is in top3 when the event closes? :dunce:

Back