Time Trial #54

welcome back mitch!! good news youre fine, hope you get better times without the drugs buddy:), this was a very good tt, super fast drivers in here, nice setups, lots of competition, and a nice friendly and helping spirit in the thread (one of the longest tt threads I believe).
oh and dont send the drugs over to mclf, he'll probably sell them and buy a ferrari!!:lol:

welcome back mitch!! good news youre fine, hope you get better times without the drugs buddy:), this was a very good tt, super fast drivers in here, nice setups, lots of competition, and a nice friendly and helping spirit in the thread (one of the longest tt threads I believe).
oh and dont send the drugs over to mclf, he'll probably sell them and buy a ferrari!!:lol:

Don't mention Ferrari it's the devil lol

1:19.385

I haven't taken any serious runs today as I've just been testing out some of the other Vettes. The Z06 '06 seems to be my best but the ZR1 isn't far behind. Any of the two cars will work fine if you get the right tune on them. In my opinion, both cars are pretty much equal with a good tune on each.

Thought I'd let you win since you were hospitalized and all :lol:.
Seriously. Nice to see you back so soon....been doing the WRS TT's lately and I must admit I'm banging my head against the wall in all my present challenges. Can't seem to get past 1'19.446 on this one. Strange thing is that I seem to set my best time early on and struggle to even approach it again. I guess I freak out when I start chasing myself. I take it that's still your time? Then here I come! :banghead:

Hey guys, I'm back out of the hospital.
NGU

Well done glad you got through it ok and healing well.
It must have been serious, i know they dont do back ops unless they really have to. Perhaps you could link a past post so i can understand what happened to you.

What Playseat have you got and if like me your using the G27, do you think the gear shifter is too low? (I mostly use the flappies. Shifter to have a bit of fun and get used to it.)

@ CargoRat
Gotcha ;) 1'19.355 :crazy: My god I worked for that one. Thanks to Stotty for the 666 tune. I've got more - I know it!

Whoaoaoaoa!!

1'18.652 Best ever TT result @266!

Looks like I managed to beat that wall down. :dunce: (It's a birthday hat - not a dunce!)

Last edited:
@ CargoRat
Gotcha ;) 1'19.355 :crazy: My god I worked for that one. Thanks to Stotty for the 666 tune. I've got more - I know it!

Whoaoaoaoa!!

Looks like I managed to beat that wall down. :dunce: (It's a birthday hat - not a dunce!)

Well done Alan, that's a great time 👍

Can I add my welcome back to Cargo whilst I'm here too. Great to hear that things went well, we missed ya Mitch :cheers:

last sector is killing me :ouch:
im .65 down on Bandit on first 2 sectors combined, and .9 on the last one alone:D

@ CargoRat

Whoaoaoaoa!!

Great result Sir Alan, I'll have to have another go myself before it ends now.

Where there's life there's hope.

@ CargoRat

Forgot to say: I eased off - took it slow in fast out - and it worked a treat.

@ CargoRat

Whoaoaoaoa!!

Hey hey nice one mate ;-)

@ CargoRat

Whoaoaoaoa!!

Damn, now the competitor in me wants to climb back in the seat and have one more go, lol. Great time Alan and I'm afraid I'll have to let my time stand. With all the work you put into it, you deserved the win anyway. I'll getcha next time buddy, lol. We still have the WRS to compete in also as soon as I heal. Anyway, well done Alan and nice lap.

Too everyone else, thanks again for all the kind words. There very much appreciated and its great to be back amonst friends. Thanks again.

Little late to the party but welcome back Cargo:tup:👍

Damn, now the competitor in me wants to climb back in the seat and have one more go, lol. Great time Alan and I'm afraid I'll have to let my time stand. With all the work you put into it, you deserved the win anyway. I'll getcha next time buddy, lol. We still have the WRS to compete in also as soon as I heal. Anyway, well done Alan and nice lap.

Too everyone else, thanks again for all the kind words. There very much appreciated and its great to be back amonst friends. Thanks again.

Hey Mitch, good to hear all went well, have a speedy recovery 👍

Well I got me a 1.17.756 last night and I can still get another 3tenths off that I'm sure, well I hope lol. Also what's this WRS and how do you become apart of it and is it any good? Thanks

Well I got me a 1.17.756 last night and I can still get another 3tenths off that I'm sure, well I hope lol. Also what's this WRS and how do you become apart of it and is it any good? Thanks

WRS is a group of people who stand for clean racing. There are two seperate things wich are organised every week, first of all there is a TT every week this is followed by the race the week afther the TT was finished. (wednesday). Secondary there are the race events organised by the WRS, ofthen endurance races but also other fun events.

Go to the tab 'racing series'.

here you will find :

GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

GTP Weekly Race Series online events https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

There is also a kind of Academy where better skilled drivers help lower skilled drivers.....

Check it out, one year ago i've joined the WRS, and I dare to say I improved on my driving skills by competing in these TT's and joining the online events, WRS boosted my GT5 experience !!!

WRS is a group of people who stand for clean racing. There are two seperate things wich are organised every week, first of all there is a TT every week this is followed by the race the week afther the TT was finished. (wednesday). Secondary there are the race events organised by the WRS, ofthen endurance races but also other fun events.

Go to the tab 'racing series'.

here you will find :

GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

GTP Weekly Race Series online events https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

There is also a kind of Academy where better skilled drivers help lower skilled drivers.....

Check it out, one year ago i've joined the WRS, and I dare to say I improved on my driving skills by competing in these TT's and joining the online events, WRS boosted my GT5 experience !!!

Thanks mate that's well good I'm gonna have a look at the link now, can I join the WRS?

@ CargoRat

Whoaoaoaoa!!

You're welcome and congrats on your new PB ranking 👍

last sector is killing me :ouch:
im .65 down on Bandit on first 2 sectors combined, and .9 on the last one alone:D

Yep, T3 is a killer... particualrly if you're comparing yourself to Bandits laps... his T3 is incredibly good... and incredibly depressing to chase :lol:

Edit...

I see Pegasus has pipped Bandit in the Vette :(

Last edited:

I noticed you just pipped my time 0.007 in front. I must be sat in your back seat. I also have 3-4 tenths, i've chasing that for quite a while.

Most of the Brits are squeezing up into the 17.7-8's.

From someone who's been chasing TT rankings on and off for the past 4-5 years...

Knowing you have 3-4 tenths left in you and running a lap that finds them are 2 completely different things :D

Good luck everyone 👍

I noticed you just pipped my time 0.007 in front. I must be sat in your back seat. I also have 3-4 tenths, i've chasing that for quite a while.

Most of the Brits are squeezing up into the 17.7-8's.

Yeah that's what you call close ;-) I played it late last night then I paused the game for a sec then got back on and I was going faster and faster like my car gained 20% more grip it was crazy I was getting 1.17.xx lap after lap but I was messing up here and there. If the car feels the same when I get home I'm gonna unlock the beast in me and get s 1.17.3xx or crash lol

I have come to the conclusion that the cars performance improves untill the the torque becomes to much to handle. Therefore there is a window of opportunity to achieve the best times. I have 1000 miles on my current car and it is performing well with improved times. Eventually it will begin to go over the edge as it were, and the PP will begin to increase.
I have now achieved 1:17.571 with ease. My sector times are now more equal to my best which has been a long time coming running this 2nd car.

Anyone else coming to this conclusion? (If not i think you eventually will).

Wow...almost end of the event and we have a new leader in Deep Forest :eek:

I have come to the conclusion that the cars performance improves untill the the torque becomes to much to handle. Therefore there is a window of opportunity to achieve the best times. I have 1000 miles on my current car and it is performing well with improved times. Eventually it will begin to go over the edge as it were, and the PP will begin to increase.
I have now achieved 1:17.571 with ease. My sector times are now more equal to my best which has been a long time coming running this 2nd car.

Anyone else coming to this conclusion? (If not i think you eventually will).

I'm running the same car I started with (I'll check how many miles it has in a bit), but the performance hasn't changed.

Have you been running yours off line to 'run it in?

Back