Time Trial #54

Disclaimer: The following post is meant in jest and should not be taken personal in any way. It is meant as light-hearted banter only and not meant to offend anyone at all.:cheers:

Alright, where oh where is my beloved Dalone. Here kitty kitty kitty. :lol: For the last few weeks you have been calling me out saying how you were going to give me a real ass whipping in these time trials. Well, here I am, come get some.:D I've been tuning a few cars the last few days for this run at Deep Forest and have the tuning done, now its ready to roll. And before you go and use your lame excuse that I only pick time trials that I know I can do good in, well, smoke on this. I have never ran this course in reverse mode and I have only used the Vette that I am using for this a handful of times at the most so you can take that excuse and throw it right out the window. So come on big boy, lets see what you got. :lol: You called me out for two weeks straight, I just hope your mouth didn't write a check that your talent can't cash. :crazy: I even told you to be careful what you wished for, but that didn't seem to matter as you just kept on with your banter. So, put your big boy pants on and lets do this. :)

My time is currently 1:20.171 and that was done just while I was tuning my car. Now I'm ready to get down to buissiness. And not to worry, the talent bank is far from empty.:sly:

And here I was thinking you'd forgotten about me, ahh, you've made my Australia Day (thanks Jimipitbull) even better.

And while there are plenty of croc's and Wallabies and Wallaroos here in the Top End there are no kangaroos, they're a bit further down the track.

I see you are currently leading with your 'tuning car' time, 1:20.171 while I languish nearly a second behind on 1:20.958. Although as I said last night, I had 6 tenths of a sec up on that time at one stage so I am sure I can improve on my time also.

Regarding your 'ass whipping', I recall you accepted a rhetorical ass whipping on the other thread. But anyway...............

The race is on, gentlemen start your engines!

Just reached the target I set for today - 1.19.488 in the Corvette Z06 (C5)'00

Currently 151st

Still have some time to gain, and haven't finished tuning it either. Will put a couple of hours into it tomorrow and post the tune in here.

Haha, I changed it after seeing your post. 👍

I think the pink absorbs less light, making the body cooler.
The body cools the air as it travels over the car and it decreases in volume and becomes denser, I think this leads to less air disturbance behind the car and less drag. :dunce:

exactly that!! plus the "barbie effect" 💡

Just reached the target I set for today - 1.19.488 in the Corvette Z06 (C5)'00

Currently 151st

Still have some time to gain, and haven't finished tuning it either. Will put a couple of hours into it tomorrow and post the tune in here.

Nice one mate, just wish I could tune but I'm too lazy lol

Like Cargo' I tried the Z06 (C6) '06 for a change. Again, a mix and match tune but mostly from 'Grk123', a few posts up.

Am now sitting on 1:20.348, #395, just .177 from Cargo's time. Hoo ha.

hey Cargo and Dalone, this is pure love i see between the two of you :lol:
got a 1:20:546 atm, thanks to the "barbie effect", and I'm after both your little pretty a..es!!!:cheers:

edit: 1:20:174 just .003 behind you buddy!!

Last edited:
Looking forward to your tune. 👍

Not sure when/if I'll be able to get a tune sorted. Went to have a go last night and the brake pedal on my G27 if fubared again (it's not releasing fully and keeps flickering on) - I've stripped it and cleaned it 5 or 6 times already... to the point that a couple of the allen bolts holding the pedals on are rounded.

I'm going to have another go at stripping it today, and if I can get it apart I'll swap the clutch pedal for the brake and see if that works. If it doesn't I might just go fetch a new G27.

Great times already set by Doodle and Joker 👍

No I haven't mate did you send me one? My head is all over the place with work etc I don't know if I'm coming or going lol day off 2moro can't wait :-)
Think I sent the FR to right person.👍👍

Nice one mate, just wish I could tune but I'm too lazy lol

I find that I am faster if I tune a car to suit my driving style, as opposed to driving to suit other peoples tunes.

Get a pad of paper, and write down a tune that you like for each type of car - FR, MR, 4WD and FF. Use those as a base, and adjust one setting at a time until you get your head around what each individual setting does.

Not sure when/if I'll be able to get a tune sorted. Went to have a go last night and the brake pedal on my G27 if fubared again (it's not releasing fully and keeps flickering on) -:

Are your pedals inverted? If so, here's a quick fix which also gives you a firmer pedal -

bungee cord/occy strap/whatever they are called in your country

WP_000060_zpsb97a100e.jpg

I'm trying to find a car to use in the rally TT..

Where can i buy a car i need? I have none in my garage... :S

@pitbull I will have to start tuning one day just don't have the time working 70 hours a week I hate it just wanna stay home and play GT5 lol

I'm trying to find a car to use in the rally TT..

Where can i buy a car i need? I have none in my garage... :S

Do the rally special event and get the prize. It's tickets so you can duplicate them via a subaccount and milk them for the car you want.

Do the rally special event and get the prize. It's tickets so you can duplicate them via a subaccount and milk them for the car you want.

Yes I'd recommend trying to get the Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car. It's 4WD and untradable, but seems to be the best option I found.

Though a lot of people have used the Ford RS200 which is tradable. You could also ask someone to put either one on share, tuned for you as well, which might be easier - as chances are you might not be needing them again for a while.

Both available in the following tickets:

Historic Rally Car
1985 Birthday Ticket
Level 16 Ticket for the S4
Level 15 Ticket for the RS200

Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys..

I think the RS200 is about 30 game days away.. so i might cycle through some days and get that.. if the option above doesn't work.. :)

I think the RS200 is about 30 game days away.. so i might cycle through some days and get that.. if the option above doesn't work.. :)

Well do that then. I never used the RS200 so I don't know if it's better. But if it's not too far away in your UCD, then grab it quick - it shouldn't be too expensive.

I dont seem to be getting an advantage with Stage 3 engine. I put the same tune on one with std. engine and i am matching the time as the Stage 3.

Anyone else thinking the same?

What's game days? I'm still learning about GT5 lol

What's game days? I'm still learning about GT5 lol
Every time you do a race, license test or practice session, the game advances 1 day. This adds 6 new cars to the Used Car Dealership and removes the bottom 6. You can check your save game info and it will tell you what day your on in game. A bunch of people created lists that showed what cars were available to them on what game days. Using that information master lists have been created here on GTP that allow you to figure out how far you are from finding a given car in the UCD as long as your not too many days in. (Something like 4000 game days I believe.:drool:)

Really only important if your trying to find an untradeable car and don't want to cycle tickets to get the ones you want.

Someone with a G25/27...

Is the pedal spring the same strength in the brake and clutch?

In my haste, I forgot to check and I've now got my pedal set completely stripped... if they are the same strength I can just change the units over, if not I need to swap the return springs 1st!

Thx for a quick reply ;)

Stotty, I've heard good things about Logitech replacing faulty products, see if yours is still under warranty.

I've got a G27 at home which I can check later, currently not home, will be in about 2 hours tho.

Someone with a G25/27...

Is the pedal spring the same strength in the brake and clutch?

In my haste, I forgot to check and I've now got my pedal set completely stripped... if they are the same strength I can just change the units over, if not I need to swap the return springs 1st!

Thx for a quick reply ;)

Clutch is slightly weaker. Google it - plenty of people have swapped them over

Latest Posts

Back