Time Trial #54

Dying to have a go in the Vette, but as I only had a bit of time to try the new Seasonals last night I left it for when I have a bit more time.

I did have a quick go in the RS200 with the pad and ticked off both the drift trials... the SSR5 drift trail is quite nice 👍

Looking forward to a proper run in the Vette... as others have said, Amo's lap is lovely to watch... so smooth.

'09 ZR-1 with Praiano tune (less gearbox, used default set to 155), 600hp and 1490 kg, many mods for gold. Big 2 sec drop in lap time when turning ASM off!

Wow, very impressive...and you drive with a pad...
I'm also a pad-driver, can I add you today after work (sad, but that will be in about 10 hrs)...would be nice to try your tune.....at the momemt i have a 1.20.7xx after about 10 laps
👍 sure will add mate :)

Slowly getting lower. Down to 1:21.2 with 'pmjg's' loaner.

And last one for the night, 1:20.95, (#516) mind you, on that last lap I was up 8 tenths at one stage.

More tomorrow.

Last edited:
XDesperado67: I tried out your '69 Vette tune. I think you're onto something, but there's something that can be fine tuned on it to get more out of it. What that something is, I'm not really sure. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tuning and most of the adjustments that I do on my own are the slight tweak to the Aero or the Top Speed adjust.

I did, to suit my driving style, drop the rear Aero on the Vette a couple of notches. It felt understeer-y to me. I can handle oversteer with my driving style, but understeer makes me push a car too hard because I feel like I'm fighting it.

I also tried it without the Supercharger and actually had much smoother laps. It may just be me not being used to this car, who knows for sure? I was able to get close to, but not beat the gold time in your car. With a little practice I'm sure that I could handle it better, though.

I do have gold beaten with the Vette that everyone else is using, but I only made an Aero adjustment to it and the rest is untouched. I'd say that's not too shabby, especially for me. I'm new to the Seasonal Time Trials. This is only my second one. My first was last week.

I did manage to get a top 1000 (it's dropped to 2000 something now) time in the Lancia Delta without tuning that, so I'm fairly happy with it, but I'll be going back to these to fine tune my driving and time.

With that said, I'm completely inexperienced with drifting, but I would like to do the Drift Trial also, does anyone have a couple of recommended cars/tunings to get me started?

I haven't even done TT's yet but today after about 2 month break tryed DT's seriously...
Well I feel kinda rusty since it took 2 hours get to top 15 (That isn't enought top50 final result) :lol:

JK83, a few questions for you:

Which of the Corvettes would you recommend for this DT?

How does the scoring system work, exactly? The flags that appear during a drift seem to be directly related to the duration of the drift, is this correct? Edit: This seems to be more about the distance of the drift as the flags will fill up during a high speed drift.

I've notice that, especially near the roundabout (for lack of a better name for it) that I lose my points often. It's possible that I'm turning to far, would this be the case most of the time for losing points in mid drift?

I seem to be able to hit walls both with the front or back of the car sometimes, but not other times, and still keep my score going. Is that just the nature of the beast or is it something else?

Sorry for jumping on ya, but the few times I've poked my head in the Drift Forum I haven't seen a friendly atmosphere and was hoping to get some answers without having to actually post in there. :)

Last edited:
Contrary bunch those drifters :sly: probably something to do with going through life sideways.

How does the scoring system work, exactly? The flags that appear during a drift seem to be directly related to the duration of the drift, is this correct? Edit: This seems to be more about the distance of the drift as the flags will fill up during a high speed drift.

I've notice that, especially near the roundabout (for lack of a better name for it) that I lose my points often. It's possible that I'm turning to far, would this be the case most of the time for losing points in mid drift?

I seem to be able to hit walls both with the front or back of the car sometimes, but not other times, and still keep my score going. Is that just the nature of the beast or is it something else?

Sorry for jumping on ya, but the few times I've poked my head in the Drift Forum I haven't seen a friendly atmosphere and was hoping to get some answers without having to actually post in there. :)

You can find reply here :)

I find it weird that PD didnt use the new C7. When itys fully broken in its around 530PP.

They should do a C7 Stingray seasonal Event

I find it weird that PD didnt use the new C7. When itys fully broken in its around 530PP.

They should do a C7 Stingray seasonal Event

Well they did do in the Christmas Seasonal. And you can use the new C7 or the Camo C7 in this TT because it's for all Corvettes (including the Drift Trial).

I'm still relatively new to drifting, but it seems that the goal is to have your leading tire, as close to the curb as possible, at the correct angle, and speed is irrelevant, but gear is rumored to have an effect.
Regardless, if it's a right hand turn, then your left front tire, needs to be as close as it can get to the curb, for the duration of the turn. Speed seems less important, than control, because a slow drift, if held correctly, allows you to rack up points continuously throughout the entire turn.

I used the same Vette from the Time Trial, because it seemed like it wanted to slide all around anyways, and I had just gotten spent an hour learning to control the slide anyways. Zr1 or the Z06 should work fine, but whatever the leaders are using is probably best.

I did the Corvette event with a bonestock C7 and had massive fun to see how fast I could make this thing go, no tuning whatsoever.

Currently my fastest lap is a 1:24.3. I reckon I could go 0.5-0.7 seconds faster before I run out of talent with a DS3 :P

Last edited:
Contrary bunch those drifters :sly: probably something to do with going through life sideways.

Lol, you just gave me my laugh for the day with that comment. That was some funny stuff right there.

Never been much of a drifter myself. I usually like to stay in one place. :sly:

Lol, you just gave me my laugh for the day with that comment. That was some funny stuff right there.

Never been much of a drifter myself. I usually like to stay in one place. :sly:

Go try ask drag tune from darg forum..then you know something about friendly :lol:

EDIT: NOOO don't go there :lol:

Last edited:
Very few classic rally cars can even come close to 560PP. Does PD pay attention to their own PP system?

Assuming that's a rhetorical question after the 2.10 update :sly:

I have a suggestion. It would be great if whoever makes up the OP for these events, keeps on top of the thread and links the tunes to the OP. This event is only hours old and there are already 115 responses to sift through to find a tune, if one is even posted.

Assuming that's a rhetorical question after the 2.10 update :sly:

I have a suggestion. It would be great if whoever makes up the OP for these events, keeps on top of the thread and links the tunes to the OP. This event is only hours old and there are already 115 responses to sift through to find a tune, if one is even posted.

One tune here. Seems to be only one full tune.

Has anyone noticed that there are some ZO6s in the top 10 at Deep Forest? I just tuned one to 580pp without any tune on it and got 653hp and 1357kg, even with full downforce. Could it be faster than the ZR1?

Has anyone noticed that there are some ZO6s in the top 10 at Deep Forest? I just tuned one to 580pp without any tune on it and got 653hp and 1357kg, even with full downforce. Could it be faster than the ZR1?

Yes there was a few the first morning it went live, I did it in a Z06 too I think. Couldn't handle the ZR1, every tune I tried didn't tame it, so tried the Z06, found a tune that worked enough to get the gold time, and now I haven't gone back to it.

hey Private!!! I see your pink beast took you to p4!!! :cheers:
I told you guys.. Pink is the way to go...:lol:

Haha, I changed it after seeing your post. 👍

I think the pink absorbs less light, making the body cooler.
The body cools the air as it travels over the car and it decreases in volume and becomes denser, I think this leads to less air disturbance behind the car and less drag. :dunce:

Hmm, Did you try run it?

Go try ask drag tune from darg forum..then you know something about friendly :lol:

EDIT: NOOO don't go there :lol:

What? I never said anything about anyone being friendly or not. I was simply laughing at his comment because it just hit me as being humorous at the time. Nothing to do with anyone at all.

Back