Time Trial #55

Decided to have a try at Tsukuba with Killers loaner, Eunos Roadster 89.

After half dozen runs I'm at 1:08.782, #888, and finding it a tad slippery.

That's 1:08.5 I now see.....#655.

Last edited:
None of these setups work for me 100%. But with some tweaking I'm down to 1:07.2xx. Currently good for 119th.

I've realised that the wing is needed. Finding the right balance between power, downforce and ballist for my driving style.

Slowly getting the hang of loose in and drive it out.

Finding the right balance between power, downforce and ballist for my driving style.

That's the challenge with this one when it comes to tuning.

I tried most combinations yesterday, starting with no wing and a lot of power - quite good fun to drive, but I was all done at 1'06.9. I then stuck the wing back on and started working my way through the various combinations, gradually introducing ballast in 25kg lumps at pos 50.

I stopped when I got to the level of ballast in the V2 tune I posted as I found it turned just well enough to get a decent time.... next run will test higher levels and see if I can make it more controlable than V1.

The car has a better power to weight ratio when not running ballast, but it won't turn at all without 100kg+ at the back, and really needs more than that to get it to point in to certain corners... otherwise it's understeer city.

If anyone finds a magic combination please let us know :lol:

Braking is my real issue. I'm either too early and wasting time or too late and shoot past the apex. Heh

I'm playing with the brake balances now. I like the balance of the car and feels like I have heaps of rear grip coming out of corners.

I seem to have a problem with my surround sound amp. I got a relay clicking sporadically.
Its an old amp now and searching for a fix i may have a solution. Trouble is, is getting to it.

What i've done is fitted out my understairs cupboard with surround sound, 32" monitor and playseat. So i am going to have to remove playseat, monitor & stand just to get to the amp. The job on the amp may take a day or two, until then i wont be able to get seat time.

Its a real pain in the asphalt.

Just great to see the time trial threads being so active lately and people so interested and having some serious and healthy discussion:tup:

Agreed... really nice vibe in the threads 👍

It's helped that PD have given us some really enjoyable ones... ie; not just 2J/GSX ones... both of the current ones are really nice in different ways :)

Well I need to get up off me arse and set a proper lap on these before its over lol so hard trying to fit everything in lately just wise there was more time in the day to play. But I would need a lot lot lot more time in the days to catch you fast freaks up lol

Well I need to get up off me arse and set a proper lap on these before its over lol so hard trying to fit everything in lately just wise there was more time in the day to play. But I would need a lot lot lot more time in the days to catch you fast freaks up lol

I know what you mean, i've had so many distractions this weekend that the console has been on but i keep getting pulled away with one thing & another.

Looks like i have got to the fault in the amp already. For an intermitent fault thats a suprise. Lightly tapping about with the back of a screwdriver managed to get the relay clicking and quickly located it. Resoldered the joints and now tapping about is not making the relay click. Hopefully its a cure.

If something is broken hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't fix it, hit it with a bigger hammer. If that doesn't work, buy a new one. :D

Good luck 👍

Great job on the OP ripping_silk 👍

Was a little unlucky on my flying lap earlier.
I can do a 2'13.4 at the moment. (Not realised yet)

Using Stotty's tune I can get to Pouhon about 0.5s behind Amo, but losing so much through that bend :(

Also, it's crazy how active these threads have got since christmas :crazy:
What's going on ? :lol:

Great job on the OP ripping_silk 👍

Was a little unlucky on my flying lap earlier.
I can do a 2'13.4 at the moment. (Not realised yet)

Using Stotty's tune I can get to Pouhon about 0.5s behind Amo, but losing so much through that bend :(

Also, it's crazy how active these threads have got since christmas :crazy:
What's going on ? :lol:

Agreed... so much better with everything in the 1st post 👍

Pouhon if you're using my car...

I don't remember the exact braking point (it's just a habit now), but everything to me seems earlier than you think it should be with Pouhon... it's a bit slower on entry than you think it should be, so an earlier brake, early turn in and focus on getting back on the gas as soon as possible. 2nd gear turn in, make sure you hit the apex, pause to make sure the front is hooked up, 90% throttle, then build to 100% quickly... Amo's on full throttle almost immediately after the apex :crazy:

The corner before Pouhon (not Rivage... I'm good there... the slightly off camber downhill left) and Stavelot are the time killers for me... I lose around 0.5 to Amo in Stavelot alone (including the long run to Blanchimont)... I just can't carry the same speed through the 2nd apex yet and that loses loads of time on the long straight following.

However, I can be on top of his ghost exiting the 1st part of Les Combes, and I can pull time back on him in Fagnes, so I reckon a really good time is on the cards if I ever figure out my 2 problem areas.

Ok I played some more messing around with wing balance and engine.. and yes you need to find the combination.

I'm using 191kg at 42 position
Downforce 14
Engine 100

I tryed less downforce but you can't go flat out through turn 4 this way so you need it
I tryed less engine power but you need that for the final straight
And you need the weight on the back to get the acceleration out of the corners.
I can match the tip guys up until the hairpin and the final straight I lost 2 seconds.. I just don't know how to get the acceleration out the corners and the top speed on back straight..

I am using automatic gears maybe this is my downfall. Any tips?

Ok I played some more messing around with wing balance and engine.. and yes you need to find the combination.

I'm using 191kg at 42 position
Downforce 14
Engine 100

I tryed less downforce but you can't go flat out through turn 4 this way so you need it
I tryed less engine power but you need that for the final straight
And you need the weight on the back to get the acceleration out of the corners.
I can match the tip guys up until the hairpin and the final straight I lost 2 seconds.. I just don't know how to get the acceleration out the corners and the top speed on back straight..

I am using automatic gears maybe this is my downfall. Any tips?

I don't think Auto is such a big disadvantage on this one as there's no short shifting required.

You could definitely run more power than you are... 191kg at pos 42 means you could run less ballast at pos 50 and still get the same weight distribution and handling balance... which in turn would allow you to run more power to the same ppts.

Have you done an oil change on the car to get the power up?

And you can go flat through 'turn 4' (the left after the bridge) easily with the wing at 12 if you get your line right... make sure you don't run wide on the right before it and this allows a better line through the next corner.

Try running your LSD accel really low (5-6) until you get used to the exit traction, and gradually increase it 1 click at a time until you reach the limit of your throttle control... this will make the car accelerate slight less well out of the corners, but will allow you to get on the gas harder to compensate.

Just great to see the time trial threads being so active lately and people so interested and having some serious and healthy discussion:tup:

Good people = good threads :dopey: - and not least good drivers sharing tunes and experiences with us mediocre wannabes. 👍

If something is broken hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't fix it, hit it with a bigger hammer. If that doesn't work, buy a new one. :D
Good luck 👍

A new hammer? :confused: Time to buy an axe! :dopey:

She's 248bhp maxed out.. was a new car and I didn't let bob drive it.. would that make a difference?

She's 248bhp maxed out.. was a new car and I didn't let bob drive it.. would that make a difference?

No, that wouldn't make a difference.

I haven't tried following Amo's ghost yet, so not sure where I'm losing time... I'll try it later... might be the car needs less ballast and there's some other way of tuning it to get rid of the understeer.

In any case, you won't gain 2s through a tune... only a few 10th's maybe.

No, that wouldn't make a difference.

I haven't tried following Amo's ghost yet, so not sure where I'm losing time... I'll try it later... might be the car needs less ballast and there's some other way of tuning it to get rid of the understeer.

In any case, you won't gain 2s through a tune... only a few 10th's maybe.

I know i wont gain 2 seconds, but you need to remember I'm using a controller so my consistency for every lap is not as good, I still know when i hook up a good corner/lap and i feel I'm slower on the acceleration out of a corner and top speed on the final straight mainly due to the lack of acceleration from the hairpin.

If you load AMo's ghost you will find exactly this. in fact i would say my setup is very slightly faster in the corner, which gives me a tiny gain for the lack of smoothness i can produce with a control stick. It could just be my smothness into full acceleration with the button that's my downfall and im getting too much wheel slip which can be reduced with a peddle.

Anyway Im happy with my time and set-up its almost perfect for me, i don't think i can improve my time much more, maybe .300/.200 max

I know i wont gain 2 seconds, but you need to remember I'm using a controller so my consistency for every lap is not as good, I still know when i hook up a good corner/lap and i feel I'm slower on the acceleration out of a corner and top speed on the final straight mainly due to the lack of acceleration from the hairpin.

If you load AMo's ghost you will find exactly this. in fact i would say my setup is very slightly faster in the corner, which gives me a tiny gain for the lack of smoothness i can produce with a control stick. It could just be my smothness into full acceleration with the button that's my downfall and im getting too much wheel slip which can be reduced with a peddle.

Anyway Im happy with my time and set-up its almost perfect for me, i don't think i can improve my time much more, maybe .300/.200 max

It was your comment 'I can match the top guys until the hairpin' that made me think you were a wheel user... and quite a fast one if you can hold Amo!

I'll have a look at Amo's lap tonight and see if it is just a lack of raw speed that's holding my car back 👍

I would say have a think about if you are really quicker than Amo in the corners though... if you're quicker on entry that's probably because you're pushing the front a bit too hard... which feels fast, but stops you exiting as quickly. Amo is generally VERY fast everywhere, and it's unusal for all except a handful of the very fastest drivers (and I don't include myself in that group) to have an edge over him anywhere!

i've heard that somewhere before :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

... might be the car needs less ballast and there's some other way of tuning it to get rid of the understeer.

Before I started using down force I lifted the rear end. Instead of running the ride height at -10, I changed it to +10. It seemed to help with traction quite a lot and reduced the understeer.

When I added the rear wing I changed back to -10, but within a few lap moved it back up to +10. I seem to have very good drive out of corners, I'm just having trouble entering the corners. heh

Yeah, it's the corner entires that are the problem with this one... that's why the car needs a lot of ballast.

It's fine on the exits and hooks up quite well.

I don't remember the exact braking point (it's just a habit now), but everything to me seems earlier than you think it should be with Pouhon... it's a bit slower on entry than you think it should be, so an earlier brake, early turn in and focus on getting back on the gas as soon as possible. 2nd gear turn in, make sure you hit the apex, pause to make sure the front is hooked up, 90% throttle, then build to 100% quickly... Amo's on full throttle almost immediately after the apex :crazy:

The corner before Pouhon (not Rivage... I'm good there... the slightly off camber downhill left) and Stavelot are the time killers for me... I lose around 0.5 to Amo in Stavelot alone (including the long run to Blanchimont)... I just can't carry the same speed through the 2nd apex yet and that loses loads of time on the long straight following.

However, I can be on top of his ghost exiting the 1st part of Les Combes, and I can pull time back on him in Fagnes, so I reckon a really good time is on the cards if I ever figure out my 2 problem areas.

Thanks for the tips man 👍 and awesome lap you've done!

Thanks Mixi:)..you too seem to be a fast driver and a great guy. After everything that happened on th GTD forum your attitude is great:tup:

I was wondering where the GTD team went?

hey stotty everyone seams to be using your tune lol
had small run today with your tune on montoya's 2010 car I am using magic jenks Lap sectors think its a 12.0 (Ive only got 770hp brand new car)
private thats roughly what i am getting at best ahead in sector one then level into pouhon star falling back .7 down by t3 then just killed in sector 3 think iam losing .8-1 second in only 3 corners think i need to find a better braking point at the bus stop

are you guys flat in blanchimont iam not taking a small lift then flat at the apex

great to see pd using race cars in these tt missed the motegi super gt one cos of gta but this is the way forward I'd love a tt in le mans gt cars like the viper bmw mclaren et al
hope they add at least 10 more real world tracks to gt6

Back