Time Trial #55

great to see pd using race cars in these tt

Funny you say this because the last time I drove a Nascar was in the Nascar special events, which was way back when the game released, so yeah I hope to see more under used cars in TTs. :)

hey stotty everyone seams to be using your tune lol
had small run today with your tune on montoya's 2010 car I am using magic jenks Lap sectors think its a 12.0 (Ive only got 770hp brand new car)
private thats roughly what i am getting at best ahead in sector one then level into pouhon star falling back .7 down by t3 then just killed in sector 3 think iam losing .8-1 second in only 3 corners think i need to find a better braking point at the bus stop

are you guys flat in blanchimont iam not taking a small lift then flat at the apex

That's fine by me... if you like it, use it :)

Blanchimont is not flat! I have a part lift and turn in... apex about 163mph on a good lap, more typically 161mph then go back to full throttle at the apex.

It's not a mega imprtant corner in the grand scheme of things... the 1st corner and Stavelot are the REALLY important corners as they lead on to long straights... concentrate on getting these right and your lap times will tumble.

For me, my set up is great in Les Combes, Rivage & Fagnes... I can gain on Amo in those corners. Needs work still in Pouhon and Stavelot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just unpacked in my apartment for the week and found I forgot to bring the power lead for my wheel with me... I'll pick one up tomorrow, but in the mean time I'm gonna have an hour or 2 on the drift trials... haven't done any drifting for ages :)

In any case, you won't gain 2s through a tune... only a few 10th's maybe.

Maybe not Pros like yall, but your Tune got me out of the 1:11's and into the 1'08's. So thanks!:cheers:

I'm putting both my drift cars on share for those on my list that want a go... I'm no drift expert, but both cars are c. top 500... the HSR trial is fantastic when you get it right... 5th/6th gear though the banked section :D

300ZX for HRS
Genki Silvia for Motegi

Both are hard front tyres, soft rears set ups, so you'll need a bit of an idea what you're doing with them or you'll probably struggle... don't be afraid of the 10* of rear camber :D

That's fine by me... if you like it, use it :)

Blanchimont is not flat! I have a part lift and turn in... apex about 163mph on a good lap, more typically 161mph then go back to full throttle at the apex.

It's not a mega imprtant corner in the grand scheme of things... the 1st corner and Stavelot are the REALLY important corners as they lead on to long straights... concentrate on getting these right and your lap times will tumble.

For me, my set up is great in Les Combes, Rivage & Fagnes... I can gain on Amo in those corners. Needs work still in Pouhon and Stavelot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just unpacked in my apartment for the week and found I forgot to bring the power lead for my wheel with me... I'll pick one up tomorrow, but in the mean time I'm gonna have an hour or 2 on the drift trials... haven't done any drifting for ages :)

Yep gotta put in some laps think i am fine at la Source losing in pouhon les fagnes and stavelot just getting a line through those turns

Yep gotta put in some laps think i am fine at la Source losing in pouhon les fagnes and stavelot just getting a line through those turns

I'm using 1st gear for Fagnes until the exit and 1st for the entry to Stavelot too... helps control the entry speed. Key is to brake a bit earlier than you think and coast in to the turn 👍

Havent smashed these TimeTrails yet been busy.. But will do tommorow :) more intrested in the tsukuba trial i must say...

As you'll see in the settings I'm posting below..

Gave the tune a go and I quite like it. Managed to get in the 1:08's so I'm quite happy.
Just saw that you posted a revision of the tune, got to love people who can tune cars and post their tunes 👍 ( that at least gives me a bit of a chance to compete :lol: )

I'm putting both my drift cars on share for those on my list that want a go... I'm no drift expert, but both cars are c. top 500... the HSR trial is fantastic when you get it right... 5th/6th gear though the banked section :D

300ZX for HRS
Genki Silvia for Motegi

Both are hard front tyres, soft rears set ups, so you'll need a bit of an idea what you're doing with them or you'll probably struggle... don't be afraid of the 10* of rear camber :D

My friend, thank you very much, your setup for nascar is very good 2.12.350 atm..... I like the car very much, is very funny to drive. Thanks my friend :)

I used Stotty's tune with alittle bit of some adjustments and i got 1.09.169 with a DS3. Just can't keep the car from breaking the rear tires loose around almost every corner.

Took a few more tenths off, now at 1:08.183.....#525, and I know I can reach the high 1:07's.

Very high 1:07's.

I managed to take some time off of my Tsukuba lap! But it was only about 1 tenth for my current 1:06.515. I want to at least beat GT-PILOT_dee so I can be the fastest DS3. I know a 1:06.2 is possible right now.

I managed to take some time off of my Tsukuba lap! But it was only about 1 tenth for my current 1:06.515. I want to at least beat GT-PILOT_dee so I can be the fastest DS3. I know a 1:06.2 is possible right now.

All us controller users are behind you in your endeavour.

Most of us well behind you.

All us controller users are behind you in your endeavour.

Most of us well behind you.

There is actually only one guy from the US who is actually faster than me with the controller, L_Harrison. He only appears during GT Academy though so I really can't compare myself that much to him.

I used Stotty's tune with alittle bit of some adjustments and i got 1.09.169 with a DS3. Just can't keep the car from breaking the rear tires loose around almost every corner.

You could try a little TC (traction control), which is pretty handy for unruly rear ends.

The fastest drivers (and purists) prefer not to use any aids at all, however for the rest of us who live on TT struggle street it is a help at times.

Of course the default TC setting is at level 5, so unless you have lowered or removed it altogether you are already using it.

If that is the case it suggests you could be hitting the gas pedal too soon when exiting the corner, rather than slowing or coasting until you are about facing in the direction you wish to exit. For those of us with less skill than the aliens amongst us, it's generally a rule of thumb to only hit the gas pedal (or brake for that matter) when you are going in a straight line, before or after a corner.

The above is pretty much for beginners, and 1:09 is better than most beginners would achieve.

My friend, thank you very much, your setup for nascar is very good 2.12.350 atm..... I like the car very much, is very funny to drive. Thanks my friend :)

You're wlcome... the 1st tune (with ballast) was a lot nicer to drive... just not fast eough :)

I'd drive the v1 tune just for giggles :D

Try running a bit more wing on the V2 tune and drop th power to compensate... it will be abit slower in a straight line, but will be easier to handle on the corner exits and better through the corners, so you might run faster.

Great time 👍 Are you using the TC tune?

I watched Amo's lap a few times last night and his car has a jacked up rear ride height... I'm going to try that tonight and see how it feels... got to find some more spped as I'm in danger of dropping out fo the top 30 :(

Golded Franchorchamps after 5 laps. I guess more then a year ago ive driven a Nascar. What an horrible car. Ive never seen any car spin that quikly. Fun tough ;)

Struggling to beat my 1:07.3 in the Eunos i decided to make a serious start in the nascar last night. Got a 2:15.744 and wanted to continue working on it this morning. After a few laps warming up i went to check the brake settings and noticed i've been driving the car with TC on. The number of times this has happend you would think i'd have it ingrained by now to check it. Now its like i'm driving with lead boots. Adjusted the Accel. on the diff to help with the transition.
2 steps forward and 1 step back. I thought it seemed a bit to easy to drive.
Almost up to speed, i have to beat my time now.:dopey::dunce:

Edit: Or is it 2 steps back 1 step forward.

Last edited:
Dalone
You could try a little TC (traction control), which is pretty handy for unruly rear ends.

The fastest drivers (and purists) prefer not to use any aids at all, however for the rest of us who live on TT struggle street it is a help at times.

Of course the default TC setting is at level 5, so unless you have lowered or removed it altogether you are already using it.

If that is the case it suggests you could be hitting the gas pedal too soon when exiting the corner, rather than slowing or coasting until you are about facing in the direction you wish to exit. For those of us with less skill than the aliens amongst us, it's generally a rule of thumb to only hit the gas pedal (or brake for that matter) when you are going in a straight line, before or after a corner.

The above is pretty much for beginners, and 1:09 is better than most beginners would achieve.

I had TC on when I got 1.09.1xx. I turned off TC and took off my rear wing and I got down to 1.09.049. Changed up my buttons and got my times alittle more stable. Going to try your tip Stotty when I get home from work and see if I can break the 1.08.xxx mark. Thanks for the help guys.

Struggling to beat my 1:07.3 in the Eunos i decided to make a serious start in the nascar last night. Got a 2:15.744 and wanted to continue working on it this morning. After a few laps warming up i went to check the brake settings and noticed i've been driving the car with TC on. The number of times this has happend you would think i'd have it ingrained by now to check it. Now its like i'm driving with lead boots. Adjusted the Accel. on the diff to help with the transition.
2 steps forward and 1 step back. I thought it seemed a bit to easy to drive.
Almost up to speed, i have to beat my time now.:dopey::dunce:

Edit: Or is it 2 steps back 1 step forward.

You got it right the first time.

Just popped in to Maplins to get another power lead and they don't have any FFS.

Gonna have to do more drifting until I can find one... RWD though, none of that arse dragging FWD rubbish.

Good to see everyone improving 👍

Down to a 1:06.439. Still got 2-3 tenths left to find to catch the top group.

The first tune or the new one? I'm also using a DS3 and to my personal opinion the first tune was more "slidey" than the new one. My current best is a 01:08.089 ( using the new tune ) and I don't really count myself as a superfast person. So my time should be well within reach 👍
I don't use traction control as I think that the sliding actually helps me to get the car round the corner.
No massive drifts mind you but to the extent that you can "feel" it slide.

I doubt it... I ran mine in so I could experiment with more power and less aero... and I posted that I'd done it to avoid the 'I can't get the same power as you at x% limiter' questions :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my 2nd go at the NASCAR - currently 11th on 2'12.313, but the car will definitaely run 11's. It's not got quiet as sweet a balance without ballast, but it's faster and I've managed to get rid of most of the understeer.

Thanks to Killmore for pointing out the car is faster with no ballast 👍

2010 Dale Earnhardt JR. #88 Impala

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which car you use as I've tried the Chevvy and Toyota, both 2010 and 2011 models, and found no noticable difference in performance or handling.

Parts
Chassis reinforcement

0kg ballast
Aero 50 58 (have run as low as 52)
Power limiter 93.8%

Makes 773bhp at 1,565kg for 570ppts

Settings
Ride -30 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0
Toe -0.10 +0.10

LSD 5 12 5

Brakes 5 5

Gears (reset to default, set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears & final)
1st 3.052
2nd 2.358
3rd 1.904
4th 1.571
Final 2.450

Car will be on share.

I'm sure there is a better place to ask this, but how do you tune the transmission so well? just found 1.3 seconds on my lap after switching to this tranny setup. The same thing happened for the NSX TT at motegi. I can (kind of) tune suspension and everything elsebut when it comes to the transmission Im hopeless...Can anyone point in a decent direction?

Thank you in advance.

Back