Time Trial #55

Depends of if you are using active steering on strong or not. You need to have a more stable car if you are not using active steering as traction is key to going faster. Active steering helps correct them small slides and helps out a lot on low speed. Luckily it is not too hard to change a setup designed for active steering on strong driver to someone who prefers the feeling without it.

I almost always use AS strong on Seasonal TT's as it allows me to set the car up looser and still control it... I just don't have the skills of the super fast guys.

Stotty-san do you take the corner right before sector 2 ends on tsukuba flat out?
If yes, on all of evolutions of ur tune or only latest?

Yes, it's flat in all the tunes I've posted... but that's more about your line than the tune... if you run too far left on the exit of the right hander it won't be flat, so you need to make sure you're getting your entry to that corner right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Just had another hour in the Eunos using my v1 tune with a few minor adjustments and got a 1'06.341 for 16th - only improved 0.06, and jumped 10 places :) I think I might have reached my talent limit in this one now though.

Adjustments...

Add chassis strengtheing - you have to get you entry speed spot on or it understeers, but it gives the car stability in the final corner and lets you get on the gas a bit harder and earlier.

Gearbox from V3 tune
Ballast 185 @ pos 50
Wing 18
Ride -25 +45
Toe -0.10 -0.05
Power limiter 98.3% (new car with oil change)
Brakes 3 4

Last edited:
I generally go for fun cars when I have time to do these time trials. I used this Ford RS200 for an easy gold in the time trial:

Ford RS200 '84 (used, 50k miles, no oil change)
197hp
1250kg
400pp

Upgrades:
Chassis Maintenance
Race Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Race Suspension
Comfort Medium Tires
Custom Wheels
Setup:

Suspension:
Height -45/-45mm
Spring Rate: 6.3/7.5
Dampers (extension): 6/6
Dampers (compression): 7/7
Anti Roll:2/3
Camber: -1.3/-.7
Toe: -.20/.20

LSD:
Initial Torque: 5/9
Acceleration: 9/35
Braking: 5/10

Brake Balance: 6/7

Ballast: 70kg
Ballast Position: 15

Power Level: 85.7% (197 hp)

Trans: (Reset to default, set top speed to lowest, set gears then final)

1: 2.933
2: 2.108
3: 1.575
4: 1.233
5: .987
Final: 5.298

I also used the RS200 for the drift trial on High Speed Ring

Depends of if you are using active steering on strong or not. You need to have a more stable car if you are not using active steering as traction is key to going faster. Active steering helps correct them small slides and helps out a lot on low speed. Luckily it is not too hard to change a setup designed for active steering on strong driver to someone who prefers the feeling without it.

Maybe I'm not fast enough, but stability-wise I don't really feel a difference with active steering on or off. I can consistently run the same pace with or without it ( and I am trying just as hard in both situations ).
Just my two cents though. :)

Not had a lot of time to spend on these. Was hoping to improve with Eunos but its just out of grasp, may have to call it quits. Putting more time into Spa now, added a little downforce to rear knocked a second off.

This is the first time I've done TT's with no aids including ABS. Looking at the leaderboard, there's surprisingly not too many that run with no assists. So I've compared my times with others running aids free and using wheels.

So far. Spa with Stotty's tune 2010 Montoya Chevy- 2:15.426 7th place worldwide 1st in USA. BB of 4/1
Tsukuba 89 Miata with a hybrid Stotty tune - 1:07.880 7th place worldwide 1st in USA. BB of 2/0

No, those aren't super fast comparatively but I was pretty psyched. Don't mean to sound like I'm bragging either. It's just not to often (never) when I can be in the top 10 in anything. Even if it's my own little niche.

Thanks Stotty and Adrenaline for posting your tunes. Both helped immensely.

Last edited:
First of, Thanks Stotty for sharing your tune. I did a 1:18.5 at Spa after an hour of trying. I hope to improve it if I get time before it ends. The car is really tail happy and I am facing difficulties to keep the tail in check. I softened the rear ARB from 6 to 4 but it made the handling worse so reverted to 6 and softened the spring rate which made it slightly better. No matter how hard or how often I try, I cannot take Eau Rouge flat. If I don't lift I run wide on the exit and the clock turns red.

If I get the first corner and Eau Rouge right I can improve by .5 at least. Any tips on how to take Eau Rouge flat? Is there anyone else playing with a DS3 who is facing this issue ?

If I get the first corner and Eau Rouge right I can improve by .5 at least. Any tips on how to take Eau Rouge flat? Is there anyone else playing with a DS3 who is facing this issue ?

First thing to do is to watch a couple of the top 10 replays... see if you can pick up how they are doing it.

You need to take a big cut on the left going in to the 1st part... turn in slightly early and aim for the cut, then get you steering angle off (wheels straight) before turning right for the 2nd part... aim for the kerbing on the right.

It should be easy to do full throttle... the real trick is to get the line right so you don't have to use too much lock in the 2nd part and scrub off speed.

I'm not using a DS3, I have a G25 but a couple of things I have done may help you out.
First up, Eau Rouge, as Stotty says, look at or follow a fast ghost and see how close they brush the wall on the left before flicking it right and heading up the hill, I still can't get it like the fast blokes but I think I'm doing Ok if I can be say 3/10ths down at the first split. You have to be bang on in the line and the timing of the change of direction to get it right.
I can get it flat a lot of the time, but often that is not the the quickest way if you don't have your line and timing on the button. What I find helps hugely, if I think I don't have it quite right, is to momentarily lift where the left/right transition is. I mean momentarily too, just a slight lift off the gas then bang it straight down again, this helps turn the car, and maintains speed, as often if you do try to take it flat, you can just end up scrubbing off all the speed as the cars skates across the track.
A few minor changes I made to Stotty's base tune was to take the rear ARB to 4 (I found it really helped me), and the rear camber to 1.3.
This gives more grip from the rear end in the corners, but sacrifices a little acceleration through wheelspin. This wheelspin is only really a problem exiting the final corner and La Source, but if you have good throttle control it can be managed.
I did raise the final gearing (lower numerically) a little to help with this lack of traction, which for me gave a benefit of better gearing around the rest of the course too. I'm getting an extra 2km/h on the run to Les Combes.
My wagon is putting out 760bhp, as I've not gone to the trouble of running it all in properly.
Anyway... food for thought ?

Thanks Stotty and ripping_silk. Will try out your suggestions as soon as I get a chance. Thanks ripping_silk for the additional tips on tuning. It certainly is food for thought. I did change the ARB to 4 but it some how made it worse for me. I am not good at tuning at all. Maybe if I had changed the toe as suggested by you the change to ARB might have worked. Lets see if I am able to improve my time.

Thanks Stotty and ripping_silk. Will try out your suggestions as soon as I get a chance. Thanks ripping_silk for the additional tips on tuning. It certainly is food for thought. I did change the ARB to 4 but it some how made it worse for me. I am not good at tuning at all. Maybe if I had changed the toe as suggested by you the change to ARB might have worked. Lets see if I am able to improve my time.

If you are running no ballast then add a bit of ballast to shift the weight off the nose, It definitely helps with the turn in although I've never managed flat through Eau rouge. A slight blip as ripping_silk suggested works a treat 👍

This TT is definitely not DS3 freindly :)

I think I'm doing Ok if I can be say 3/10ths down at the first split. You have to be bang on in the line and the timing of the change of direction to get it right.

I just snipped this part to say...

I re-start if I'm not sat almost on the bumper of the #1 times ghost on the run to Les Combes... T1 is the easiest sector of the entire lap, so if I'm more than a tenth down I know I'm not going to recover that in T2 or T3.

Lots of re-starts :D

I am not running any ballast. Will give your idea a try! Thanks!!

Stotty's V2 tune was awesome but without the ballast I found I was fighting the car too much with my DS3. Even though I know I'm losing a bit of speed with the extra weight it helped to make the turn in more positive and gave me more confidence to push through the corners.

p.s. don't put full ballast on I think I'm running around 100-125 you just need enough to give you an edge.

Hope it works for you 👍

Last edited:
I just snipped this part to say...

I re-start if I'm not sat almost on the bumper of the #1 times ghost on the run to Les Combes... T1 is the easiest sector of the entire lap, so if I'm more than a tenth down I know I'm not going to recover that in T2 or T3.

Lots of re-starts :D

And that's the difference between 14th and 48th !! :)
Certainly T1 is my achilles heel, as if I am within 5 or 6 car lengths (at T1) I know I'm on for a good lap. Often I will lose a lot of that time exiting La Source, but if I am further back entering Eau Rouge I can actually make up time, but if I'm within a car length, I cannot maintain the close gap - and I lose time - drives me nuts ! :ouch:
If I could get Eau Rouge properly bang on I could do low 12's as I think I know my way around the rest of the circuit quite well, and I can drive it more consistently, but alas .......... T1 is the most difficult sector of the entire lap.......:lol:

And that's the difference between 14th and 48th !! :)
Certainly T1 is my achilles heel, as if I am within 5 or 6 car lengths (at T1) I know I'm on for a good lap. Often I will lose a lot of that time exiting La Source, but if I am further back entering Eau Rouge I can actually make up time, but if I'm within a car length, I cannot maintain the close gap - and I lose time - drives me nuts ! :ouch:
If I could get Eau Rouge properly bang on I could do low 12's as I think I know my way around the rest of the circuit quite well, and I can drive it more consistently, but alas .......... T1 is the most difficult sector of the entire lap.......:lol:

this is the deal at spa low down force t2 kills you high downforce t1 kill you perfect balance is there somewhere

I almost always use AS strong on Seasonal TT's as it allows me to set the car up looser and still control it... I just don't have the skills of the super fast guys.

Yes, it's flat in all the tunes I've posted... but that's more about your line than the tune... if you run too far left on the exit of the right hander it won't be flat, so you need to make sure you're getting your entry to that corner right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Just had another hour in the Eunos using my v1 tune with a few minor adjustments and got a 1'06.341 for 16th - only improved 0.06, and jumped 10 places :) I think I might have reached my talent limit in this one now though.

Adjustments...

Add chassis strengtheing - you have to get you entry speed spot on or it understeers, but it gives the car stability in the final corner and lets you get on the gas a bit harder and earlier.

Gearbox from V3 tune
Ballast 185 @ pos 50
Wing 18
Ride -25 +45
Toe -0.10 -0.05
Power limiter 98.3% (new car with oil change)
Brakes 3 4
I noticed that you can achieve better bhp per ton without oil change. i.e. in this tune its 243/1016 or 239 bhp per tonne, if you do power limiter at 98.3 like in here it adds up to 232/927 or 250 bhp per tonne, and with no limiter it's at 246.
Is it worth trying it in those configuartions or did you purposefully sacrificed optimum weight power ratio for handling?

I'm just curious right now. Has the PP changed in either the Miata or the NASCAR from the update?

I'm just curious right now. Has the PP changed in either the Miata or the NASCAR from the update?

My Ford Fusion 2011 just gained 62pp.It now sits at 632pp. Wow that's messed up!..I got my gold and quit long ago but for everyone else out there still ranking up that's gotta blow.Way to go PD!..👎

Rit
My Ford Fusion 2011 just gained 62pp.It now sits at 632pp. Wow that's messed up!..I got my gold and quit long ago but for everyone else out there still ranking up that's gotta blow.Way to go PD!..👎

yea miatas at 454 now

Well that sucks. I guess we're gonna have to wait two more days until the next set of TTs. Congrats to Konnichiwa_Ryu for winning the Tskukba TT and dariOPC for winning the one at Spa I guess.

of all the kicks in the head, changing the PP for cars still trying to run times at Spa takes the cake: THANKS PD! for ruining it

ya i'm not sure i can cut 2 seconds down off my time, cant beat the nascar time...

maybe with some tweaking & careful cornering hmm

well now i learned, finish the seasonals whenever a maintenance is coming

They did the same thing with the GT500 cars in the previous TT at Motegi, when the new PP system was first introduced. I doubt they'll wipe the board, as they didn't last time.

well i just did the other 3, business as usual, did not use the cars that were on the leaderboards & not much trouble for gold

but the nascar one... since everyone is even, & PP appeared to change so much...

i dont remember if the original update made things easier or harder

These seasonals are over due to the PPT changes then :lol:

Saves me chasing the odd tenth to try and maintain my ranking :)

Yes, just did a blistering 2:26 around Spa.

Saw my old ghost for a fleeting moment once or twice too.

Afraid my earlier 2:16 stands as my best shot.

He he, thought I might use my 2 days off to have a good bash at these 2, luckily got in early in the TT's to get gold times, as closest I can get to gold on Spa is a 2:26. Was looking forward to using some of the tunes posted here as well :-(.

Latest Posts

Back