Time Trial #55

Maybe after the update there is a better car than the Mazda Eunos?

The Top 250 leaderboard (which i'm tracking over time these weeks) didn't changed much since yesteray, the 250th entry having lost 2 milliseconds only, so if this TT has a new star, it has yet to be found.

Not unless there's a car where the power points have decreased significantly in 2.11... if no car's power points have increased they won't stand a chance of beating the Eunos.

My understanding is that power points have only decreased.

I always postpone things...
thought i would try the eunos with stotty's tune today...
I should have heard my grandpa's advice...
now playing around with a 205 turbo 16 '85, think i can do a 1:08 with it...

Not unless there's a car where the power points have decreased significantly in 2.11... if no car's power points have increased they won't stand a chance of beating the Eunos.

My understanding is that power points have only decreased.

actually were back to 2.09 pp algo according to https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-11-now-available-restores-performance-point-values/ , so I guess you're right

Oh well, was fun whilst it lasted.. I finished with a 1:07.362, good for 269th!
I'm happy with that!

Ok here a short list of cars I tried on this TT, with there new pp's! They where at 400pp before the update..
Nissan Silvia 240rs, 459pp

Toyota corrola Kevin gt apex, 458pp

Peugeot 205 turbo 16, 400pp (only car unaffected by update)

Renault 5 turbo, 416pp

Nissan skyline gts-t, 457pp

Can't even get into the NASCAR TT after the update, car fails on PP level. So I suppose that is that then, times are what they are?

I really enjoyed both these TT's and I managed to finish a respectable 14th in the NASCAR and 18th in the Eunos (assuming everything ends as is)... happy with both results, but I really would like a top 10 at some stage!

Looking forward to seeing what Thursday brings as new ones.

Although this is a pretty dumb move by PD I'm not too disappointed because I wasn't going to get another opportunity to have a go at these and I've pretty much reached my skill limit anyway, so it's stopped my relentless slide down the leaderboards. Thanks to Stotty for the tunes and ripping_silk for the superbly maintained OP. It's been fun.

I really enjoyed both these TT's and I managed to finish a respectable 14th in the NASCAR and 18th in the Eunos (assuming everything ends as is)... happy with both results, but I really would like a top 10 at some stage!

thanks for nascar tune Stotty, is fantastic and last night i managed a 2.11.801 for 7th place...

thanks again m8 :)

thanks for nascar tune Stotty, is fantastic and last night i managed a 2.11.801 for 7th place...

thanks again m8 :)

Nice results you 2 👍

And thanks for the tunes again Chris 👍

I finally got the Spa feeling and was up for a low 12 twice last night. Wanted to try it again tonight. Till PD screwed things up. They are so smart with producing this game and the Academy and stuff. But where is logic sense with panning a up date that consider the PP system while we are running a TT :ouch:

Well ended up (if nothing change)

P40 at Tusukba
P52 at Spa

See you guys at #56

i bet they did it on purpose, they want us to have nothing better to do then think about their announcement:D

You're all welcome on the tune front... hoping I can pull another good one out of the bag next TT :)

And good shout on Ripping_Silk... great work on the 1st page 👍

Nice results you 2 👍

I finally got the Spa feeling and was up for a low 12 twice last night. Wanted to try it again tonight. Till PD screwed things up. They are so smart with producing this game and the Academy and stuff. But where is logic sense with panning a up date that consider the PP system while we are running a TT :ouch:

P40 at
P52 at Spa

See you guys at #56

well done guys great results

p45 @spa
dns @Tusukba

I am gutted was just planning my Nascar run had a red 12.1 yesterday didnt bother chasing it as i had 2 days left:ouch:

hope i can at least gold tusukba

Ps has any one else just bought the ps3 in the last year now its ps4 time think i should have got a ps3 earlier :lol:

Nice results you 2 👍

P40 at Tusukba
P52 at Spa

See you guys at #56

thank you very much m8... :)

Well driven guys. I ended 858th at SPA, pretty sure 1st or 2nd in country, so pretty proud of that as this was only my 2nd TT and a massive improvement over my 3000th plus place on the Vette TT. Looking forward to the next one, hoping for a top 100. Thanks all for the tuning tips, ended up with a mixture of settings that worked pretty well.

You're all welcome on the tune front... hoping I can pull another good one out of the bag next TT :)

And good shout on Ripping_Silk... great work on the 1st page 👍

Cheers Stotty, and thanks to others that have extended their appreciation and advice on OP.
Also Stotty, your tunes have been proven to be first class, if not absolutely perfect for me, they are a great baseline to make some small tweaks to suit. Kudos.
Looks like I've ended with a 48th on NASCAR and 89th at Tsukuba. Can't be too disappointed with those results, although concentrating on NASCAR the last few days has seen my Tsubuka time slip a little too much. No matter, been a fun couple of events.

Glad i caught up on the thread before giving another try.
Wish I was able to put more time in earlier, just getting into the Spa event, nevermind.

Cheers guys, see what the next one brings.

Big time thanks to everyone who posts in theses threads , huge help . Ended with 107.7xx in the Mazda, by far my best TT .. I just can not get off the corners with the fast guys , I can keep up getting in but off I just can't get on the gas when they do .

Again Thanks ! looking forward to the next TT and great thread.

Good work ripping silk thanks for the tips and great to see more kiwis on the leaderboard was going to have a go last night at moving up the board myself no chance with the new pp update

Well the update really destroyed these seasonals.

Unreal of PD to not make the adjustments. I'm running almost 50% power and can't catch the gold in five laps.

I see before folks was running 700hp now under 500hp.

I was like how the heck do these people run 2:11's. chased this thread and realized the update jacked up the PP.

Slick move PD. real slick.

Thanks PD for screwing up the PP system just when I was gaining some time with all the help from the gentlemen on this forum. I turned on my PS3 yesterday night and found an update 2.11. So I upgraded, logged in and went straight to the TT and found out that my NASCAR was 624 PP now. I wish I had waited.

Anyways, thanks Stotty, ripping_Silk and Argon56 for all your advise and Stotty for the tune. The ballast was certainly helping but I could not improve upon 1.18 because I was restarting every time I got Eau Rouge wrong. And that was a lot of times.

for anyone struggling since the patch to simply 'complete' the event, nevermind leaderboards, dont give up! i just got gold

i probably wasted 30min tuning when i made mistakes during the first half of the lap, eventually i noticed that i wasnt doing as well on the last few turns, did under 2:23 without too big of a hassle even though first half of the lap i was behind my old ghost that was ~2:24.85

just brake late, get a feel for the nuances on some of the turns, & dont spin your wheels while accelerating

i used stotty's settings https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8107866#post8107866 but then tweaked a bit... probably not necessary

obviously you have to tweak the engine, aero, & weight

here is what i was using after messing around with stotty's:
kn-gt5-TT-nascarpatch-post.jpg

here is default everything, adjusted aero, this is what used to be 570pp before the patch:
kn-gt5-TT-nascarpatch-pre.jpg

so you can do it, you have less than 24h but it's doable without being an extreme pro (& without using a wheel or pedals)

Back