Time Trial #56

Second try with Stotty's tune, down to 1:34.808 @ #552.

Will check out that update of his later, it was about page 35 or 36 in the Lambo races.

Here it is;

Stotty.
The car should have engine tuning stage 3
Camber is 2.0 1.4

It isn't as finely tuned as one I'd do for an active Seasonal as I only had a short time to build it due to 'better half pressure', but it felt OK for a 4WD car.

Edit...

For those who find the car too 'pointy', you should try one of the following adjustments...

Change rear toe to +0.05 to +0.10
Add 2 clicks rear wing (and reduce power to compensate)
Increase rear LSD decel to 10-15 - I only ever use 5 myself, so not 100% sure what this would need to go up to, but increasing this will make the rear more stable when braking
Increase rear Camber to 1.6

Any of these should calm it down a bit on entry.

The trick to driving this car is not to use any gas before the apex... if you stick to this it doesn't understeer on exits. If you try to pick up the gas too soon you will run out of track on the exit. Given the limited time I had, this was the best I could do with it.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Stotty's Gallardo tune. It got me the gold at the Nurburgring in the Lamborghini seasonal. So it should translate quite well to this TT. Will have to give it a go, I really liked driving it on the ring.

Was looking for a tune for the Gallardo and found one of Stotty's from Sept 2012 in the Lambo 550PP Exclusive.

I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here, there was a small update about 30 pages later.

No problems... but the 1st tune in that thread is built pre the major physics change, when a high front/low rear was the way to kill understeer. There's another tune in the Lambo A spec Seasonal thread much later on which is built after the physics change and which should be more effective.

However, it still may not work well as 1) it was built for the 'Ring, 2) it's built around comfort soft tyres, 3) I think the ppt limit is different, and 4) I've learnt a few new things since I built the tune.

But feel free to give it a go :)

I'm not sure if I'll bother putting much in to this one as I'm really not a fan of 4WD cars, and the Gallardo (at least) has a lot of understeer which I struggled to tune out last time I tried... not sure what the other Lambos are like as I haven't driven them much. I'll run a few laps at some stage and decide if it's nice or not.

Edit...

This is the full tune (including the revisions posted by Dalone above)... obviously you'll be able to use less limiter and probably be able to add turbos too (if available?), though from the leader boar it looks like the Gallarod isn't the way to go on this one.

Gallardo 550ppt tune...

New car from dealers with wing (no oil change).

Parts
Weight saving 3, windows, carbon bonnet (no chassis strengthening)
Engine stage 3
Fully customisable gears, diff & suspension
Torque sensing centre diff, carbon prop, twin plate clutch, Racing flywheel

Ballast 200 @ position 50, wing 12, power limiter @ 83.7% (this will be slightly higher for you)

Should make 526bhp @ 1,369kg for 550ppts

Settings
Ride -20 +30
Springs 14.0 12.0
Rebound 6 8
Bound 5 7
Camber 2.0 1.4
ARB 3 6
Toe -0.10 0.00

Initial 10 10
Accel 10 16
decel 5 5

Brakes 4 6

Torque 30 70

Gears (set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears, then final)
1st 3,751
2nd 2.797
3rd 2.286
4th 1.899
5th 1.596
6th 1.363
final 2.500

I'm using G27 and have active steering on strong

Last edited:
so, now i back to home, now trying LP-670-4 SuperVeloce`09 with Praiano tune
1:31:892 for 32 position in top, but that time with a few errors in some turns...

Aced both time trials for gold with my Lambo Gallardo and Subaru Imprezza wrx sti 10, was ranked 137 and 148 yesterday. My registered times were 1.39.047 for Lambo and 1.34.029 for the Subaru. No aid except for the abs. Killing dem.

Quite a few gallardo's popping up in the leaderboards.

Just ran a faster time than my previous but when I go back into the TT,I get to the start/finish line and it freezes?!?
I have to then restart my Ps3 and reboot GT5.

I don't think its the ghost replay as I have used it previously and all was good.

Anybody else experiencing freezing?

Here is my tune for Trial Mountain. My PB with this is a 1:31.574".

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
503bhp / 1483kg / 550pp

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
All aero parts
No engine mods
All transmission parts
Aero (rear) - 19
Ballast 200kg @ pos 30
LSD
Front: 5:14:5
Rear: 5:17:5
Torque Distro 40:60

Ride Height: -15, -12
Spring: 13.5, 12.1
Rebound: 6, 6
Compress: 6, 5
ARB: 4, 3

Camber: 2.3, 1.4
Toe: -0.14, -0.08
Brake Bal: 7, 6

Ratios:
1st: 4.448
2nd: 3.192
3rd: 2.509
4th: 2.022
5th: 1.695
6th: 1.460
Final: 2.530

4WD's aren't my thing, but this doesn't feel all bad once you get a few laps under the belt. Its well capable of getting into the 1:30's .

Here is my tune for Trial Mountain. My PB with this is a 1:31.574".
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
503bhp / 1483kg / 550pp

Went from 1'34.1xx (stock) to 1'33.060 with this tune. I can see another 0.5 seconds with a little practice. Thanks ripping_silk.

Edit 5 mins later: Got me a 1'32.525 now :).

so, now i back to home, now trying LP-670-4 SuperVeloce`09 with Praiano tune
1:31:892 for 32 position in top, but that time with a few errors in some turns...

What did you have to change to compensate for the different tyres?

Last edited:
Final for today: 1:31.489 for 37 position on LP 670-4 SV`09 with ripping_silk tune. but i set Final Gear to 2.720, it help for me in some turns...
Thx for tune =)

On LP-560 with Stotty tune i cant go in 1:31.***, but 1:32.100-300 is easy to drive.
I think LP670 is more stable, because weight is much more.

Last edited:

Just ran a faster time than my previous but when I go back into the TT,I get to the start/finish line and it freezes?!?

I don't think its the ghost replay as I have used it previously and all was good.

Just had my first experience. Weird - never experienced this before. The wheel went max right too. Had to reboot. Must be a bug. This is after playing without problems for 5 hours straight.

Last edited:
Used the Miura because it was the only one I had tuned under the pp limit and got gold. Yes, it surprise the heck out of me considering how well I can handle that car. I'll be trying out tunes posted here to see if I can improve my times with the newer Lambos. TT specific tunes are always fun for me. Keep up the good work, guys.

Yes happened to me as well this afternoon.took an hours break came back then froze over the line :grumpy:

I think the Superveloce has the edge over the gallardo on trial mountain :'(

In my hands that's true for sure and I have now tried them all ecept the Miura. The Gallardo was just horrible, Aventador good but slow at 5 seconds off the pace, LP 640 '09' Good but 3 seconds off the pace. SV just gave me a fairly easy 1:32.xxx

Might get another 5/7 tenths out of it but then I'm at the end of my skill level :lol:

What car are you guys using in the snow? Tried a tuned Subaru sti '02 but got consistently better times with a tuned VW golf (4wd version I forget the name). Having a crack with the Gallardo later.

What car are you guys using in the snow? Tried a tuned Subaru sti '02 but got consistently better times with a tuned VW golf (4wd version I forget the name). Having a crack with the Gallardo later.

I'm using a GT-R, I just did 1:28.911 without abs (155th place).

I used a stock Audi Quattro Pikes Peak. It got the Gold without much trouble. It would have to be tuned to get anyway near the top times though.

Last edited:
Checked the leader board and failed to see a Gallardo so decided to hop straight into my SV with Ripper's (ripping_silk) tune.

After a lap or two I improved from 1:34.5 to 1:33.8. Of course then I had to have a fiddle with the tune, lowered the ballast to 118kg @ -42, as well as incorporating some of Stotty's latest Gallardo tune.

Anyway have finished for now with a 1:33.740 @ position #666, which is far better than #1300 or #1400 I was in when I started today.

RUF CTR2 can be very good in the snow and on the dirt (rally), it can use dirt and snow tires and is 4wd. Fast if you can handle it (rear weight biased)

In a race press start - Quick options

I think it's like the 4th option from the top but don't quote me on that, you'll see it in the menu easily enough though 👍

Thanks, mate. :) Ive always used the damn driving line to try & follow the snow tracks. :lol:

I used a stock Audi Quattro Pikes Peak. It got the Gold without much trouble. It would have to be tuned to get anyway near the top times though.

Might have to give it a try. I notice that the current leader used a GT-R SpecV '09 so may have to give that a try too. I could do with a tune for it though. I wouldnt know where to start. I need to bring my 01:32.618 to under 1:30 and I will be a happy man. Could really do with a steering wheel too!

'10 Impreza, power upgrades to 498pp (new car, oil change, not run in). Jacked up the suspension a bit and tweaked centre 'diff to f35/r65. 01:31.6 after about 10 laps and plenty of room for improvement.

I also tried a '96? Lancer EvoIV (premium) but it was a bit too wild - might have been my crappy setup though.

I quite enjoyed this snow TT after getting used to the course. Good fun.

I used a Gallardo to gold the TM (in the region of 1:37), but might revisit with the SV to improve and a mad Countach for fun.

'10 Impreza, power upgrades to 498pp (new car, oil change, not run in). Jacked up the suspension a bit and tweaked centre 'diff to f35/r65. 01:31.6 after about 10 laps and plenty of room for improvement.

I also tried a '96? Lancer EvoIV (premium) but it was a bit too wild - might have been my crappy setup though.

I quite enjoyed this snow TT after getting used to the course. Good fun.

I used a Gallardo to gold the TM (in the region of 1:37), but might revisit with the SV to improve and a mad Countach for fun.

I thought the snow was awesome, I had a sub 1:31 in the golf but hit a barrier on the last corner. The controller nearly flew through the window! Am going to try a few different cars and tinker with setups and see where I end up. Was going to have a pop at the Lambo course with a Countach too, although I fear for the car through the last corner.

Today morning i use GTR SpecV for Snow, no additional tune from previous 550PP event #53-2, just decrease power with limiter.
20 minutes for learning track and 1:29.166 is easy :)

Last edited:
Back