Time trial #58

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 144 comments
First world problems :-D It is expensive to drive and maintain cars like that!

I do like the wheel, it feels very very nice. The steering, the pedals. Also the way it connects to the stand. It's solid and precise. I wanted to buy one a few years back when I was living in the US but the horrific customer service stories held me back. Now back in the Netherlands I ordered at a supplier I trust and has good reputation, I figured I would get the service from them.

An other thing to get used to is that the shifters are fixed to the stand not to the wheel. I did get the Ferrari add-on, where the shifters are attached to the wheel again.

I know its not exactly the right thread, but can anyone tell me what wheel/stand/seat would be good? been playing gt3/4/5 for years on a controller and i want a bit more from it. Looking at fanatec currently, but just want input from people who have actually used the whole thing.

thanks!

so im using a ds3, I hear about people messing with brake balance on the fgt trial....can i do that? and how? Currently struggling to break my 1:06.9x
You have to change the controls so you can open the RA menu'.
I personally open it with R3, and i move in it with the left right up down cross.

It is extremely annoying that in the BMW you have to turn round at the start to get full speed over the line, why can't PD just think these things through and let us start at the proper last corner rather than before that slight bend in the straight! Rant over.

I have a good time in me, at least 2'11.5 maybe faster just need to put it together without crashing, it is too annoying right now though, probably doesn't help that I'm tired but I should improve when I have my next run :)

You should have run gta in january the sun didn't come up till lap 3 :lol::lol:

had a run on the fgt not far off in sector 1 and 2 losing 0.9 on amo in the final sector finding the roundabout really difficult gonna watch replays try and figure the line/ braking points out

Bandit is 18?

You wished me Happy Birthday remember :P

CRG Chassi Bandit?

Correct ;)

Here is a video of me driving it in a practice session at my local track, I get overtaken near the end as I went wide on one of the corners, it is a facebook link, I'm not sure how to save the video file to my computer as it got wiped from my old hard drive.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=203256323022350&set=vb.100000139522216&type=3&theater

Also not that the guy who went past me was part of a big budget team with tuned engines and everything, this track is important to have a good engine.

Video is public so everyone should be able to view it :)

Last edited:
You wished me Happy Birthday remember :P

Correct ;)

Here is a video of me driving it in a practice session at my local track, I get overtaken near the end as I went wide on one of the corners, it is a facebook link, I'm not sure how to save the video file to my computer as it got wiped from my old hard drive.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=203256323022350&set=vb.100000139522216&type=3&theater

Also not that the guy who went past me was part of a big budget team with tuned engines and everything, this track is important to have a good engine.

Video is public so everyone should be able to view it :)

You have drive very good,.
It was a Strawberry Driver that have overtake you?
His engine was much better than your engine.
I also noticed you have had some problems on the rear.
CRG chassi and Birel is very difficult to make it fast you need a very good mechanic for this karts.
For me Tony is the best Chassi and for the mechanic also not that difficult like other chassis.

Last edited:
Yeah but.... I didn't know you were 18 :lol:

Well you do now :lol:

You have drive very good,.
It was a Strawberry Driver that have overtake you?
His engine was much better than your engine.
I also noticed you have had some problems on the rear.
CRG chassi and Birel is very difficult to make it fast you need a very good mechanic for this karts.
For me Tony is the best Chassi and for the mechanic also not that difficult like other chassis.

I think it was a PCR driver :) Yeah, my chassis was twisted slightly, so I was struggling with the balance a bit, Tony is the most popular in the UK but we didn't have that kind of money to throw at it to try every chassis :)

Well you do now :lol:

I think it was a PCR driver :) Yeah, my chassis was twisted slightly, so I was struggling with the balance a bit, Tony is the most popular in the UK but we didn't have that kind of money to throw at it to try every chassis :)

I know its expensive.
I have get from DanHolland Racing pricelist.
For a eurochallenge race you must pay 10000Euro all inclusive all things.
I would have love to drive there but was not possible now.
I hope I can drive one euro race this season.

I just did 80 laps in the fgt in one sitting trying to beat my 1:02.608.. And only bettered it once with a 1:02.202! This car makes me feel like a boss!lol

I know its expensive.
I have get from DanHolland Racing pricelist.
For a eurochallenge race you must pay 10000Euro all inclusive all things.
I would have love to drive there but was not possible now.
I hope I can drive one euro race this season.

is that for one race 10k karting is getting crazy expensive these days :scared:
are any of you guys testing cars ahead of gta ?

is that for one race 10k karting is getting crazy expensive these days :scared:
are any of you guys testing cars ahead of gta ?

I haven't tested any cars and I don't have any plans to. When I did karting we managed to only spend £300 a weekend doing club level races but most people who do euro races and national championships even independently of teams would pay several thousand for a weekend, that was my budget for a whole year! :crazy:

Yes Rhoder for one race this price.
I know this problem Bandit its not possible to drive big races with good material with your budget.
For a good Rotax season you must count 75000-100000 euro

I know this problem Bandit its not possible to drive big races with good material with your budget.

That is insane!! I new it was expensive, but 100000k!!

That is insane!! I new it was expensive, but 100000k!!

You can have fun at club level races for £300 a weekend but you will struggle to win even if you know what you are doing with setups and are a good driver, my best was second at this track :) Great fun though 👍

You can have fun at club level races for £300 a weekend but you will struggle to win even if you know what you are doing with setups and are a good driver, my best was second at this track :) Great fun though 👍

Ever had a look on www.thekartingleague.co.uk ? It's was on tv a while ago and looked quite good! No teams near me.. And I was just looking at the list of drivers and I see jack o'neil, who was at gt academy last year..

Just wanted to voice my opinion on the no tune Time Trials.

I HATE IT! I for one, never believed that there would be much if any change atop the leader boards with the no tuning policy. I'm no alien but was usually in the top 1000 in the time trials. I enjoyed tinkering with the tune to make the car drive the way I wanted. I am sure that the way it's set up now would make a driver learn skills to get the most out of what they have during race scenarios. Unfortunately, I'm never gonna make a living out of driving and I'm not gonna spend a bunch of time driving something that I don't enjoy.

I like that they give us the car, but I think we should be allowed to adjust the transmission, suspension, LSD, aero, etc. The ability to tune is half of the challenge when being a good driver. I'm not the best driver, but I am a really good tuner, so I could usually do pretty good if I worked on it.

What about lower Formula cars?

What about lower Formula cars?

The best ist to start Formula Renault 2.0 price for a season 350000Euro.
Formula Renault is high level but to drive other formula seasons is not good because nobody look to this.

Formula Renault is high level but to drive other formula seasons is not good because nobody look to this.

think fia are trying to launch formula 4 across Europe target price is 100k euros similar regs to the new british formula ford.

national open wheel racing is dead no frenault uk british f3 down to 4 rounds its not good at all there should be 60 cars racing in brit formula ford in heats if not its to expensive which sadly it is

immortal have you been to Silverstone yet if so what did you drive and on what tyres and which track layouts stowe or national etc ?

think fia are trying to launch formula 4 across Europe target price is 100k euros similar regs to the new british formula ford.

national open wheel racing is dead no frenault uk british f3 down to 4 rounds its not good at all there should be 60 cars racing in brit formula ford in heats if not its to expensive which sadly it is

immortal have you been to Silverstone yet if so what did you drive and on what tyres and which track layouts stowe or national etc ?

I have get invitation for silverstone have send all what he want from me to him.But since this no messages more from him.

How hard would it be to get a drive in say Formula 4? I think staying only in karting will probably be harder to get noticed.

Well done on your time under 59.9 seconds 👍.

How hard would it be to get a drive in say Formula 4? I think staying only in karting will probably be harder to get noticed.

Well done on your time under 59.9 seconds 👍.

Formula 4 seems intresting for me I will have a look for this.
Thanks saidur I can drive a bit faster.

Formula 4 seems intresting for me I will have a look for this.
Thanks saidur I can drive a bit faster.
There are also some cheaper alternatives as well. Something like Formula Vee, I haven't looked into any detail so you might find something that is right for you. If you can do well in one of them series, you might have better chance of getting sponsorship to progress.

Good luck also in doing a faster lap 👍.

Latest Posts

Back