Time trial #58

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 144 comments
Good luck making the breakthrough in single seater racing if you don't have a very rich and committed family... even if you're super talented, you're going to struggle unless you have a lot of cash behind you.

Regards TT58... struggled to improve from a 2'12.1 all week in the BMW at GV, then dropped .3 within 15 laps tonight to improve to 2'11.857 for 28th. I can now see a 11.5-6, but Samurai's lap is incredible, particuarly on the pad.. how can anyone be that smooth on the sticks?

Regards TT58... struggled to improve from a 2'12.1 all week in the BMW at GV, then dropped .3 within 15 laps tonight to improve to 2'11.857 for 28th. I can now see a 11.5-6, but Samurai's lap is incredible, particuarly on the pad.. how can anyone be that smooth on the sticks?

I probably could get within a few tenths of him if I practice that TT for several more hours. :lol: But seriously, he is pretty much the reason why I still play with the stick.

I probably could get within a few tenths of him if I practice that TT for several more hours. :lol:

Heh, I could run that TT 8 hours a day for the next week and not get within .2... with a £300 wheel :lol:

If You see this, Immortal, what kind of wheel do you use? My numbers have dropped significantly since they switched to no tuning. No doubt its my ability, but i reeeaaallly want a wheel. Need to know what is good for money/what you guys on top use.

Anyone: feel free to comment

I forgot to post my improvements from last night. I got distracted :lol:

I'm down to 2:11.883 at GV for 35th place. I was less than 4 tenths behind samurai entering the last sector and kicked the tail out a little too much in a few turns. My brake balance is at 4/5

I also attempted Madrid with the Formula GT for the first time in a week and improved to a 1:01.745 for 163rd place :yuck: Formula cars really aren't my thing but I can see a 1:01.2.

If You see this, Immortal, what kind of wheel do you use? My numbers have dropped significantly since they switched to no tuning. No doubt its my ability, but i reeeaaallly want a wheel. Need to know what is good for money/what you guys on top use.

Anyone: feel free to comment

I use the G27 with playseat Evolution.
That should be are good for you

Good why you like to us also the DS3??

I've been playing with the controllers for over 10 years so I find it much easier to go faster with it. I also find it easier to countersteer when a cars tail kicks out too much so I don't loose as much time. Sometimes I will be quicker on the G27 depending on what car/track I'm on. For example, the last TT at Kart Space I used the wheel. I also use the wheel when I drive a car with AWD like the Nissan GTR or an FF car like the Honda Civic.

I also use a G27 sometimes and I might get a Playseat soon :)

i use this
simcockpit.jpg
... simcockpit.it is very good product .... GT ACADEMY READY :D

Last edited:
I forgot to post my improvements from last night. I got distracted :lol:

I'm down to 2:11.883 at GV for 35th place. I was less than 4 tenths behind samurai entering the last sector and kicked the tail out a little too much in a few turns. My brake balance is at 4/5

I also attempted Madrid with the Formula GT for the first time in a week and improved to a 1:01.745 for 163rd place :yuck: Formula cars really aren't my thing but I can see a 1:01.2.

We're VERY closely matched on this one :lol:

I'm a fraction of a 10th quicker at GV, and a tenth or two faster in the FGT (I also struggle with Formula cars :yuck:).

I've watched Samurai's latest lap a few times and I still can't work out how he manages to be so fast with the sticks.

Finally! Broke into the 2:13's. sitting decent at 301st. I gotta say, I used to wonder if it was me or tuning when I couldn't get any quicker in some of the other TT's. Seems like it was just me... Getting into the the top 250 was much easier with tuning. But this TT has really helped me learn a lot and take it all into S.N.A.I.L. league racing.

Do you think there would be a lap time improvement if a fast and consistent driver switch from a DFGT to G27??

I never have drive with DFGT but some guys have say me he have improve because it.

1:03:170 and 850th until now :)
Drivers, what brake balance are you using?

1:03.176 :ouch: but I slipped in that lap so there is two or 3 tenths missing (I can even say half a second)

My BB is 4/2

Edit: Haven't you noticed that the car feels heavy in the back?

Last edited:
Haven't you noticed that the car feels heavy in the back?

No, I'm finding it quite neutral as long as you adjust the brake balance..
Even in low speed turns and the chicane it seems to flick in and change direction with a nice balance.

1:03.176 :ouch: but I slipped in that lap so there is two or 3 tenths missing (I can even say half a second)

My BB is 4/2

Edit: Haven't you noticed that the car feels heavy in the back?

Haha bad luck
4/2 isn't too weak?
Yeah and the car oversteers a lot especially in the second turn.
In my best attempt I was 0.525 behind INMORTALPILOT in the first sector but unfortunately I crashed :(

Haha bad luck
4/2 isn't too weak?
In my best attempt I was 0.525 behind INMORTALPILOT in the first sector but unfortunately I crashed :(

Not for me, but I'll try another combination later

Edit: As I said before, I had a little of oversteer and there were 4 tenths actually

1:02.772! currently at 606th place :D

Edit #2: 1:02.665 at 549th :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And that's it for today

Last edited:
Haha bad luck
4/2 isn't too weak?

I use 7/2 and yesterday I was half a length before in 3rd turn than Amo. :cool:
I think he breaking a little bit before that me in each turn, but i can stay on apex.
Now my time is 01:01.528, but few times i drive 1:01.3** with red lap :grumpy:

I downloaded IMMORTALPILOT's ghost time, I improved to 1:02.307 and I drove a 1:01.894 in red lap :mad:, that one could put me into top 250!!! (246th actually)

2:11.366 for 9th, was level with GTPL_norbi_10 until the 2 hairpins at the end of the lap and then I messed those up. Hopefully I will have enough time tomorrow to challenge Samurai :)

Back