Time trial #59

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 125 comments
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
leexr2i
Nissan GT-R R35 TC
Cape Ring Time
Trial Period of Availability: 2013/04/03 23:00 – 2013/04/17 23:00 Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

Lexus LFA
Autumn Ring
Time Trial Period of Availability: 2013/04/03 23:00 – 2013/04/17 23:00 Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

Let the fun commence!!

Last edited:
Really like these where everyone uses the same car and same tune although I commiserate with the tuners who don't get to show their skills.

Have golded with the GTR, which I enjoy driving, currently #261 on 2:28.708.

I see #1 is on 2:23.495.

And it's racing hard for the GTR and sports hard for the Lexus.

Last edited:
First time I've attempted to "try" in these seasonal events and I'm currently in 4th in the R35 trial. Man this is fun :dopey: I really like the fixed car and setup they're doing now to restrict the hybrids 👍

I did a 1:22.7 with the LFA and I got really tired right after the lap so I turned off the PS3 without exiting the race and now it didn't count. :ouch: :lol: Gonna try again tomorrow and I can see that a 1:21 is possible.

I havent a clue about abs1 an what BB to use but never the less am currently 2nd with a 1.23.3** my fastest first sector was 41.5** am finding the last corner so annoying :( GTP_ASRacing yep thats me..

The amount of understeer or should i say over-steering producing understeer but its my style an am used to tunning to suit me.. so when i drive this GTR its hard work lol :) shattered.. had 2 1hr races with the WRS today so am all GTtttttt'd out..

1:26.650 is my current time with the Lexus. I'm having a hard time with GT5 after months of not playing.

Missed out on Samurai's time by 4 thousandths! This is incredibly fun :D

I missed out on a 1:21 by 6 thousandths. My hands hurt from trying too hard. :lol:

Edit: 1:21.997. Good enough for today.

Last edited:
Saw quite a bit of handbrake in your GTR lap, John :lol:

Yeah haha! It is fast, just needs a bit of fine tuning ;)

I missed out on a 1:21 by 6 thousandths. My hands hurt from trying too hard. :lol:

Edit: 1:21.997. Good enough for today.

I've had at least a dozen more 1:21.6xx laps since I set my time and all of them I have gotten too much oversteer in the last corner :ouch: Annoying but at least I know I can go faster, a 1:21.3xx is possible for a perfect lap :)

I've had at least a dozen more 1:21.6xx laps since I set my time and all of them I have gotten too much oversteer in the last corner :ouch: Annoying but at least I know I can go faster, a 1:21.3xx is possible for a perfect lap :)

I got several laps between 1:22.000 and 1:22.010 before I got my time :lol: 1:21.7 or .6 is possible now.

The LFA is lovely 👍

22nd so far with a 1'22.320, and trying to find a nice brake balance - currently using 1/5 and getting plenty of entry rotation. T1 under control, T3 OK, just need to hook up a good T2.

The LFA is lovely 👍

22nd so far with a 1'22.320, and trying to find a nice brake balance - currently using 1/5 and getting plenty of entry rotation. T1 under control, T3 OK, just need to hook up a good T2.

I noticed Amo and another french guy were using traction control on 1, not as fast but obviously they were struggling with throttle control :lol:

I'm using BB 8/10 for the LFA I started using low brake pressure but it didn't allow me to brake as late as Samurai.

Thanks, John 👍

8/10 works really well... down to a .186 now for 18th and stll throwing loads of time away in T2.

Thanks, John 👍

8/10 works really well... down to a .186 now for 18th and stll throwing loads of time away in T2.

I can go 0.08 faster than Samurai in the first sector and over a tenth in sector 2, I beat him in the first part of sector 3 but have yet to do a clean last corner with those sector times, hopefully I will do better today as I won't be as tired as last night :)

EDIT: I did it! Was 0.244 ahead of Samurai going into the last sector, messed up the next corner slightly but still did a 1:21.503 :) A 1:21.3xx is definitely possible now ;)

Last edited:
139th on the GTR as of last night. I'm sure that's changed now.

I'm only in the 400's with the LFA. Is it faster to have a slight controlled slide through the corners, or to try and maintain all your grip?

139th on the GTR as of last night. I'm sure that's changed now.

I'm only in the 400's with the LFA. Is it faster to have a slight controlled slide through the corners, or to try and maintain all your grip?

It's fastest to have a controlled slide through the corners, throttle control is the key, if you can keep the car on the edge of grip while still sliding using the throttle you will be fast, but if you have to correct with the steering or lift off the throttle you will lose a lot of time 👍

It's fastest to have a controlled slide through the corners, throttle control is the key, if you can keep the car on the edge of grip while still sliding using the throttle you will be fast, but if you have to correct with the steering or lift off the throttle you will lose a lot of time 👍

Sir, your lap was inspirational! I was struggling to go faster than 1:27, and now I have reached 1:24.718 after chasing your ghost! Thank you very much for a 668th position. :bowdown:

I did it! Was 0.244 ahead of Samurai going into the last sector, messed up the next corner slightly but still did a 1:21.503 :) A 1:21.3xx is definitely possible now ;)

Well done mate :cheers:

I think the fastest lap time will fall further, and as you say, a 21.3 looks doable for Aliens, I'll just be happy with a high 21. :lol:

I had a go in the GTR today... if GT5 was full of cars that handled like that I'd burn my copy today. What a piece of understeering junk. Feels like it has race hards on the front and softs on the rear, or 100 rear downforce and 0 front... the car just doesn't rotate at all, no matter what you do with it.

Thank You, Awesome! That's Why I Couldn't Figure It Out. I Was Sliding, But Kept Correcting With My Steering The Whole Time Too. And Lifting Slightly. So I Just Have To Get A Smooth Action Down With Some Practice.

I had a go in the GTR today... if GT5 was full of cars that handled like that I'd burn my copy today. What a piece of understeering junk. Feels like it has race hards on the front and softs on the rear, or 100 rear downforce and 0 front... the car just doesn't rotate at all, no matter what you do with it.

Agreed. Even A 1/9 BB Doesn't Help Lol Bleh.

Sir, your lap was inspirational! I was struggling to go faster than 1:27, and now I have reached 1:24.718 after chasing your ghost! Thank you very much for a 668th position. :bowdown:

I think the fastest lap time will fall further, and as you say, a 21.3 looks doable for Aliens, I'll just be happy with a high 21. :lol:

21.2 is possible but would be unbeatable 👍

That's why I used the handbrake a lot in the GTR :lol:

Thank You, Awesome! That's Why I Couldn't Figure It Out. I Was Sliding, But Kept Correcting With My Steering The Whole Time Too. And Lifting Slightly. So I Just Have To Get A Smooth Action Down With Some Practice.

Countersteering should on be used to correct big slides that if you didn't correct would cause you to crash 👍

EDIT: Down to a 1:21.425 now, lost 0.15 in the second corner in the second sector but that was the only corner I messed up, a good last sector this time :lol:

EDIT: 1:21.389, could have been a .2 but messed up the last sector a bit.

Last edited:

I thought it may be because it is 50-50 diff split.

Back