DoodleAM
This event ends in
img.php

Toyota 86 GT Autumn Ring Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/07/11 03:00 - 2013/07/25 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Autumn Ring, using the Toyota 86 GT '12. Try to get the most out of the low-grip Comfort/Hard tires!

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car: Suzuka Circuit Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/07/11 03:00 - 2013/07/25 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Suzuka Circuit, using the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88. Your success here depends on how well you handle the extreme power characteristics of the engine.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Here's a tutorial for setting up the RA Functions so you can adjust brake balance. :) Video was made by oink83.

Last edited:
GT86 with CH tire :D FTW, as it should be - as shown on that GT5 Datalogger vid, this should be interesting.

Just got 1:41.9xx after 3 laps, no ABS or other assists :) 163rd rank.

Update : Drop down to 1:41.308 after another couple of laps, 102nd. There are plenty of room to improve.

Another lap : 1:40.770 for 63rd, Still messy lap :D

Last edited:
For those interested, Comfort Hard tyres have been officially sanctioned as in-game representation of the tyres that are actually fitted on FT-86 in the real-life by Polyphony.

Japanese finalists of GT5 event during unveiling of the production version of the Toyota 86 at the Tokyo Motor Show were all using N1 compound in the final race.

The virtual 86 was fitted with N1 tires (comfort hard) that simulated the grip of the Michelin Primacy compound

The news about it existed on GT5 official Japanese site before the 2013 redesign and this is the original link (does not work now):
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d15687.html

For those interested, Comfort Hard tyres have been officially sanctioned as in-game representation of the tyres that are actually fitted on FT-86 in the real-life by Polyphony.

Japanese finalists of GT5 event during unveiling of the production version of the Toyota 86 at the Tokyo Motor Show were all using N1 compound in the final race.

The news about it existed on GT5 official Japanese site before the 2013 redesign and this is the original link (does not work now):
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d15687.html

I knew it :D I debated once in an old thread from last year about the GT5 Datalogger video with GT86 lapping the Fuji, I said about the virtual car using CH tires as equivalent to the real car :) Most people don't believe it.

I read in other forums that the real life Scion FRS, GT86 and BRZ were fitted from factory with the same tire grade as fitted on Prius :)

I tried no abs cause i never use abs unless in time trials.. I got a 1:39.2 on my first go.. I use 3/2 no abs.. Couple of tenths to be found yet to the best of my ability..

I tried no abs cause i never use abs unless in time trials.. I got a 1:39.2 on my first go.. I use 3/2 no abs.. Couple of tenths to be found yet to the best of my ability..

1:38s with no ABS should be possible, I had slow 1st sector at low 34s, I did high 33s before. My last sector is at mid/high 1:15s. I'm running with 10/5 BB using DS2 stick and -1 steering sensitivity. Might get into 1:38s if I can pull better consistency.

I'm really enjoying this Jag XJR9 lap around Suzuka. Ran some laps last night just to grab a quick gold. Trying to work my time down today to 2:53 👍

Thanks for linking my video Doodle :cheers:

Additionally I made a little video with some gold demo laps for each of the TTs.

Comfort hard on a TT, awesome, this will be my first TT since a looooong time.
( assuming skid recovery is optional )

Did a 1:37.738 with the Toyota. There's probably another second out there to find, but I don't feel motivated enough to do it at the moment.

Yay, my first attempt at one of these TT events.

As a budding tuner, I figured I’d grab the Toyota and take a shot at tuning it up, spent last night fiddling with LSD and so forth, then woke up to practice on the track then go for the actual event... and only by seeing the different paint job do I realize it gives you a preset car! :ouch: I suppose that’s not so bad, takes the tuning aspect out of it, so my results only come from how well I drive, not whether I had a good tune going or not. (Or, to put it another way, that I only have to become an expert driver to place highly, not become an expert tuner too. That’s all!) (And learn the track, and learn RWD, and and and...)

I was feeling bad after practicing (with the one I’d tuned, thinking it’d be the one I’d be taking to the event) in an A-spec One-Make race and getting lapped by everyone after only 8 laps or so. :guilty: I tried the TT anyway, figuring I was way out of my league and would be lucky to get a Bronze, but I felt better when I got a Silver on my first lap! :D Best so far is 1:44.426 after 10 laps or so before I got tired of it. #10,538, right here! Hehe.

Yay, my first attempt at one of these TT events.

As a budding tuner, I figured I’d grab the Toyota and take a shot at tuning it up, spent last night fiddling with LSD and so forth, then woke up to practice on the track then go for the actual event... and only by seeing the different paint job do I realize it gives you a preset car! :ouch: I suppose that’s not so bad, takes the tuning aspect out of it, so my results only come from how well I drive, not whether I had a good tune going or not. (Or, to put it another way, that I only have to become an expert driver to place highly, not become an expert tuner too. That’s all!) (And learn the track, and learn RWD, and and and...)

I was feeling bad after practicing (with the one I’d tuned, thinking it’d be the one I’d be taking to the event) in an A-spec One-Make race and getting lapped by everyone after only 8 laps or so. :guilty: I tried the TT anyway, figuring I was way out of my league and would be lucky to get a Bronze, but I felt better when I got a Silver on my first lap! :D Best so far is 1:44.426 after 10 laps or so before I got tired of it. #10,538, right here! Hehe.

You'll only get better Misty, keep having a go at it and you'll find yourself overtaking your ghost every now and then and learning better lines of attack etc.
You might even consider looking at one of the top ten's replays (or even use one of their ghosts if it's not going to be too far in front) to check out how they do it.
Anyway, good luck with it.

First attempt after about 10 laps. 1:40.699 ABS 0 B/B 3/1. Easy to get loose, heh. I'd been running an LMP Audi on the Nordschleife just before trying this out. Felt like slooow motion on ice!

You'll only get better Misty, keep having a go at it and you'll find yourself overtaking your ghost every now and then and learning better lines of attack etc.
You might even consider looking at one of the top ten's replays (or even use one of their ghosts if it's not going to be too far in front) to check out how they do it.
Anyway, good luck with it.
My ghost taunts me. I can get ahead of her easily enough, it’s staying ahead that’s the trouble! “Yes! I nailed that first hairpin and I’m ahead of the ghost! Okay, just play it safe from here, don’t screw it up, and that’ll be a new best lap!” A few turns later: “Hey! Get back here!” :grumpy:

I figure I could probably squeeze a Gold out of perfectly executing my lines (and on the same lap!), but I really need better lines. Something to work on. Next time I have a go at it, I’ll try to figure out how to load one of the top-ten ghosts. If I’m gonna fail to execute a line, it might as well be a proper line! :lol:

I did try a solo run on the same track in my tuned version (mainly LSD and suspension, but no power boosts or anything like that), and got a better time, 1:43.779, which would be a Gold if it were the TT event, without feeling like I got extraordinarily lucky to do it. I’m taking this to mean that my tune was working after all, better than stock anyway! :dopey: So I guess I did get some experience out of this.

Last edited:
Improved my time by a bit : 1:39.580 - no ABS, increased my BB to 10/6. Still can't get any faster than high 33s on 1st sector, I hate those esses, steering with the 6 years old analog stick :lol: Lost a good 1+ seconds alone on 1st sector compared to the top ten :(

Just got a 1:37.619. Was on my way to a .4, but I tapped the wall on the exit of the last set of turns. :dunce:

Back