Time Trial #66|Toyota GT86/Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 80 comments
Had a lot of fun in the 86, 1:40.2 after a couple laps. Think I can probably find half a second or so but probably not too much more than that :/

The Suzuka challenge however is frustrating me to no end. My G27 is currently busted leaving me with an enormous dead zone and a frequent tendency to offset either left or right in the middle of a race. These problems become all the more apparent on the more powerful cars, so the jag is a real nightmare. It is incredibly hard to get any sense of grip in the tires with such a huge dead zone. Gave up after a few laps in frustration. Will try again tonight.

Ran 1 Lap. 1'41. LoL I'll be passing you later tonight Mitch

Wow wins you rusty? You've only got me by 1 sec. Ran 3 Laps Sunday morning got a 1'42.
Gonna pour some heart and soul into Friday morning. Try to get to 1'40.

Wow wins you rusty? You've only got me by 1 sec. Ran 3 Laps Sunday morning got a 1'42.
Gonna pour some heart and soul into Friday morning. Try to get to 1'40.

That was my first lap. LoL I just did 3 laps and I'm at a 1'39.659 now

1'38.660

Catching you Mitch ;)

Calling it a night at 1'38.648.
My hands are starting to ache and I got a big day tomorrow. Nice time Mitch!! Gonna take some strings to get this one I see ;)

Last edited:
That was my first lap. LoL I just did 3 laps and I'm at a 1'39.659 now

1'38.660

Catching you Mitch ;)

Calling it a night at 1'38.648.
My hands are starting to ache and I got a big day tomorrow. Nice time Mitch!! Gonna take some strings to get this one I see ;)

Nice time my friend, you're starting to make me sweat now. :nervous: I had to quit after about an hour last night as I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason so my current time still stands. Will give it another try later on. Thanks for the kind words friend and as always, its a pleasure running with you.

Nice time my friend, you're starting to make me sweat now. :nervous: I had to quit after about an hour last night as I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason so my current time still stands. Will give it another try later on. Thanks for the kind words friend and as always, its a pleasure running with you.

What are you doing there.??

There is gtcademy going, just get your ass there now :)

What are you doing there.??

There is gtcademy going, just get your ass there now :)

I'm not nowhere good enough to run with the "big boys" yet JK. You see, I'm a realist and realistically, I have no chance in hell in making it to the Finals this year. I'd just be spinning my wheels (pun intended) and waisting my time over there. Maybe in another year or two I might be good enough to have a chance, but for now, I'll just keep doing the WRS events and the occasional Seasonal event as well as my daily practice routine.

Well I found 0.5 sec :D & now down to 138.218. Stuffed at least one potential sub 137. lap on the final corner :banghead: Definitely can see another 2-3 tenths there. Changed the BB from 6/5 to 4/7 which seems to help with rotation on a couple of corners. In the top 100 for the first time thanks to GT Academy 👍

Well, down to a 1'38.571, good enough for 135th on the board atm. Thanks to my esteemed collegue GTPMCBRIDE adding me as a friend, I am now #2 on my friends list. :lol: But you know what, that's all fine and dandy because the more rabbits I have to chase down, the better it makes me in the end. :sly:

Nice run btw MCBRIDE...smartass. :lol: I knew what you were doing when I seen that f/r. :sly: Its all good tho, a pleasure to compete with you my GTP brother. :cheers:

EDIT: Now down to 1'38.425. 110th atm. I'm coming for you MCBRIDE. :sly:

:) hahaha its all good :) hope the replay helps you if you have used my ghost.. i set that time when TT was realeased.. i had an hour on it tops :) i like them tyres combo etc.. i never use abs1 expect from time trials.. i think switching to abs1 for TT can be disadvantage but i love it :)

:) hahaha its all good :) hope the replay helps you if you have used my ghost.. i set that time when TT was realeased.. i had an hour on it tops :) i like them tyres combo etc.. i never use abs1 expect from time trials.. i think switching to abs1 for TT can be disadvantage but i love it :)

I don't normally use ghosts as its too distracting for me, but I did watch your replay. Getting ready to get back at it now. Doubt I'll be able to catch you, but I'm sure in the hell gonna try. :crazy:

I don't normally use ghosts as its too distracting for me, but I did watch your replay. Getting ready to get back at it now. Doubt I'll be able to catch you, but I'm sure in the hell gonna try. :crazy:

I'll be gettin at it when the kids go to sleep. Doubt I'll do any better, I'm wore out. I load up ghosts but I turn off the on track ghost, and just use the one on the track map. That way I'm not seeing it in front or behind.. I'm thinking about just turning all of it off and racing by the feel.

I'll be gettin at it when the kids go to sleep. Doubt I'll do any better, I'm wore out. I load up ghosts but I turn off the on track ghost, and just use the one on the track map. That way I'm not seeing it in front or behind.. I'm thinking about just turning all of it off and racing by the feel.

That's exactly the way I do it.

Finally got some time for another try today. Running ABS 0 with B/B 3/1. Finally got into the mid 1:39's with a 1:39.485. Then got faster in sector1 after seeing how far I could cut one of the corners,heh. Been up on my ghost by .5 second through there then lose all my time slowly through the course.

That tight left hander at the bottom of the hill is killing me. Just can't get hit it right. In too fast or too late, loose traction etc... Maybe later I can get it right, I've seen several high 1:38's vanish by screwing around on that turn, uggh. Fun combo for sure, loving the Comfort Hards!

Finally got some time for another try today. Running ABS 0 with B/B 3/1. Finally got into the mid 1:39's with a 1:39.485. Then got faster in sector1 after seeing how far I could cut one of the corners,heh. Been up on my ghost by .5 second through there then lose all my time slowly through the course.

That tight left hander at the bottom of the hill is killing me. Just can't get hit it right. In too fast or too late, loose traction etc... Maybe later I can get it right, I've seen several high 1:38's vanish by screwing around on that turn, uggh. Fun combo for sure, loving the Comfort Hards!

Brake a little before the white line ends, soon as you get to the rumble strip, put it into a slide towards the apex. Should get you a little better time.

Well loving this tt now got 1.39.616 position 643 best for me so far. Well done to you faster people out there. anybody wants to add me can, looking for faster friends to compete with even if only via seasonals etc.
Mostly on first thing, occasionaly during the day when not got hospital appointments.
Happy racing everyone. psn id stewyripper

Last edited:
1.37.810 :)

37th in the world, currently my best position ever. Would be more than thrilled to finish in top 50! :)

1.37.810 :)

37th in the world, currently my best position ever. Would be more than thrilled to finish in top 50! :)

Nice job mate 👍

Thought I could get into the 137's but stuck on a 138.135 which will have to do. First time for me in the top 100 which is nice :D

Back