Time Trial #66|Toyota GT86/Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 80 comments
I might have to put some serious time in with the Toyota GT86. Took it for a short 15 min. run and golded it. I would have done more but I had just taken my sleeping pill and it was starting to kick in so I had to stop. Fun combo with the tires and all.

@Dalone: I'm on my GTP account so if you want to have a friendly little competition, you are more than welcome to send me a friend request there. (GTP_CargoRatt) Or if you just want to stay #1 on your friends list, we can just compare times here. :sly:

I might have to put some serious time in with the Toyota GT86. Took it for a short 15 min. run and golded it. I would have done more but I had just taken my sleeping pill and it was starting to kick in so I had to stop. Fun combo with the tires and all.

@Dalone: I'm on my GTP account so if you want to have a friendly little competition, you are more than welcome to send me a friend request there. (GTP_CargoRatt) Or if you just want to stay #1 on your friends list, we can just compare times here. :sly:

How you going Cargo, haven't seen you around for a while.

I posted this time.. 1:40.502. ..on Thursday and have only improved a tenth since, although I haven't been trying much as I have been doing the Dream Car Championship, lowest PP again. Coming 2nd there with 565pp and find that far more fun than this TT.

Maybe you'd like to give it a try.

I haven't looked at my leaderboard for a while but was in second place when I did, of course when Pmjg gets his new wheel set up I'll never be in the top spot but I won't be losing any sleep over that.

What time did you get with the GT86?

edit..Just fired up the PS3 and checked my record with the GT86. On my board I'm now 3rd with my best time from the 11th, 1:40.489, overall in 870th position 3.2 secs off the lead.

Last edited:
How you going Cargo, haven't seen you around for a while.

I posted this time.. 1:40.502. ..on Thursday and have only improved a tenth since, although I haven't been trying much as I have been doing the Dream Car Championship, lowest PP again. Coming 2nd there with 565pp and find that far more fun than this TT.

Maybe you'd like to give it a try.

I haven't looked at my leaderboard for a while but was in second place when I did, of course when Pmjg gets his new wheel set up I'll never be in the top spot but I won't be losing any sleep over that.

What time did you get with the GT86?

Right now I'm at 1:39.305. 192nd on the board atm. Slippery little cuss this one but sure is a lot of fun. :lol: I decided to give these a try since PD was providing the cars now. Less chance of cheaters taking over the board ya know doing it this way. Also decided to do double duty this week since I'm having a good run in the WRS TT also this week. Anyways, good to hear from ya again and lets see what you can do in this one, yea? Peace.

Right now I'm at 1:39.305. 192nd on the board atm. Slippery little cuss this one but sure is a lot of fun. :lol: I decided to give these a try since PD was providing the cars now. Less chance of cheaters taking over the board ya know doing it this way. Also decided to do double duty this week since I'm having a good run in the WRS TT also this week. Anyways, good to hear from ya again and lets see what you can do in this one, yea? Peace.

Have improved a little to 1:40.250 {pos 675} and regained the top spot on my leaderboard.

I like Oink83's demo. Managed a 1:39.8xx after watching video. Can anybody tell me why I am faster on the practice track than on the TT? I have set the track to Real and I am using a stocked car. I was wondering if PD has changed either the track or the car for this TT?

p.s I am using Comfort Hard tyres.

Last edited:
Their is more grip on the practice mode Singine.. i have even noticed different times in different lobbies from Online to Private lobbies.. i also noticed more understeer in other rooms than my own.. i am part of website/league an we have are own race rooms that we race in, from testing in my lounge getting car setup an then testing in the Race Room was different..

Small improvement after a short run tonight. Down to a 1'39.191. Really starting to like these low grip tires, pretty fun ride.

Small improvement after a short run tonight. Down to a 1'39.191. Really starting to like these low grip tires, pretty fun ride.

Just had a few more runs and have also improved a little, now at exactly 1:40.000 ..pos 618, over 2 tenths better.

Nearly down with you in the 1:39's Cargo.

Well, sort of.

edit....Umm, two laps later I have again taken two tenths off, sort of sorry to say goodbye to exactly 1:40.000 but goodbye it is and I now find myself encroaching upon your territory Cargo with my 1:39.812 ...pos 475.

Last edited:
:grumpy: Got into 33.6s 1st sector, only to messes up on hairpin right after the 1st sector and the long left curve, only managed to better my times to 1:39.419 :( Could have been high 1:38s, damn.

Last edited:
Just had a few more runs and have also improved a little, now at exactly 1:40.000 ..pos 618, over 2 tenths better.

Nearly down with you in the 1:39's Cargo.

Well, sort of.

edit....Umm, two laps later I have again taken two tenths off, sort of sorry to say goodbye to exactly 1:40.000 but goodbye it is and I now find myself encroaching upon your territory Cargo with my 1:39.812 ...pos 475.

Good for you my friend, you're getting there. Going to have to step up my game and clean up my lap a little better. Still leaving a ton of time out there as the lap is still pretty messy. Will have another go at this tomorrow after I put some more time in on the WRS TT. I gotta pack of hungry dogs on my ass there too so I gotta take care of buissiness there first. Peace.

I have badly sprained/broke a bone in my foot, apart from walking funny i cant get driving this toyota :(.. i think am around 13th.. with 37.8 but that was after an all nighter shame i knew i could improve..

Know all about broken bones in your foot. Horse I was breaking back in '86 came over on me and I expected it to get up, my leg was trapped under it so I couldn't do much anyway, in any case it panicked and thrashed about and smashed one of it's hind legs down on my right foot, broke all the bones between my ankle and toes.
Too dangerous to operate they said (open my foot) so let them set by themselves, even though some were separated quite a distance.
To this day I have to wear rubber thongs on the tiles inside the house as where the bones joined there are lumps which are extremely sensitive and sometimes feels like electricity shooting through my foot when I press on something hard.

But I use the buttons on the controller.

That sounds nasty.. ever since i had an accident an broke my tibula an fibula an shattered my ankle its always been weak, my foot with leg straight now sits about 60ish degrees an with constant weight pushing down onto ankle at different angle it gets very tight or stiff but yeah living in ireland i know it can be dangerous breaking in horses.. i would use pad but am old fashioned x an square an that wouldnt cut it lol..

Their is more grip on the practice mode Singine.. i have even noticed different times in different lobbies from Online to Private lobbies.. i also noticed more understeer in other rooms than my own.. i am part of website/league an we have are own race rooms that we race in, from testing in my lounge getting car setup an then testing in the Race Room was different..

Thanks for clearing up that mystery for me. I knew there was a difference.:)

Thanks Doodle for the info and YT link and of course Oink for making the video. It really makes a difference between driving with the stock and modified braking balance... If I only knew how to do this before.
Happy driving!

Thanks Doodle for the info and YT link and of course Oink for making the video. It really makes a difference between driving with the stock and modified braking balance... If I only knew how to do this before.
Happy driving!

You're welcome! :)

Improved to a 1:37.421. A .1 is definitely possible now.

You're welcome! :)

Improved to a 1:37.421. A .1 is definitely possible now.

Dang, thought I was getting closer to your time at my current time of 1:38.806 using BB of 4/6. I can stay with your ghost through sector one and then loose time with the exit out of the nearly full circle corner. The last right hander in sector three is tuff to get just right too. Really liking this TT.

I love this game but suck at it. With 2 kids and stuff I just can't play and practice and improve.

To some of us including myself its more than a game :) untill have family kids an all that jazz i will remain faithfull to GTAmen lol

To some of us including myself its more than a game :) untill have family kids an all that jazz i will remain faithfull to GTAmen lol

Amen to that my GTP brother. I've already went through all that kids and family thing myself. Now its just me and a very understanding girlfriend. Who, I might add, even cheers me on and even plays herself from time to time. The incentives she offers for beating certain times aren't bad either. :sly:

The Toyota is certainly fun to drive (or should I say drift) :D

Managed a 138.741 following Doodles ghost. Using BB 6/5 & active steering on strong (don't think it makes much difference on or off for this car though). Also using a bit of handbrake on some corners :D Seems like there is still heaps of time to be found however I usually find a find a way to stuff up a quick lap :D Realistically at this stage I think I can find 0.4-0.5 sec.

Cheers
Leigh

Down to a 1:38.982 and now atop of my GTP friends list.

Until I drive it!! Mwuhahahah!!!

I'm kidding! To many fun combos!! The wrs, the GTA and now the 86GT which is my favorite car. I don't know which to do with my limited amount of time. I should do this one since I can't submit final times on the wrs for awhile and I'm gettin sick of silverstone.

Amen to that my GTP brother. I've already went through all that kids and family thing myself. Now its just me and a very understanding girlfriend. Who, I might add, even cheers me on and even plays herself from time to time. The incentives she offers for beating certain times aren't bad either. :sly:

Living the Dream! ;) So am sitting their speed dating an this stunning blonde walks over, am like do you play GT she is startled.. NEXT! ;)

Until I drive it!! Mwuhahahah!!!

I'm kidding! To many fun combos!! The wrs, the GTA and now the 86GT which is my favorite car. I don't know which to do with my limited amount of time. I should do this one since I can't submit final times on the wrs for awhile and I'm gettin sick of silverstone.

Well, get your arse in the car and show me somethin'. :lol: Come on big boy, come get ya some. :sly:

Anyways, sure wish you had more time as its a blast running with you. Miss you in the WRS also. Go look at my finish there this last time trial. :sly: Hope you get more time soon tho but I understand about real life and stuff. Keep it real my friend. Peace.

Well, get your arse in the car and show me somethin'. :lol: Come on big boy, come get ya some. :sly:

Anyways, sure wish you had more time as its a blast running with you. Miss you in the WRS also. Go look at my finish there this last time trial. :sly: Hope you get more time soon tho but I understand about real life and stuff. Keep it real my friend. Peace.

You're on!!

7th. Very nice!! I haven't had hardly any free time. Been workin overtime tryin to be able to afford a new vehicle. My daily driver had the engine blow up. I can't afford drive my F150 to work. Then if I try to go fishin or something, my wife complains that I spent so much money on my racing stuff that she doesn't wanna hear about anything else. When I try to get on the racing thing she bitch's about how a man with a family shouldn't play a game. What the eff.

Last edited:
7th. Very nice!! I haven't had hardly any free time. Been workin overtime tryin to be able to afford a new vehicle. My daily driver had the engine blow up. I can't afford drive my F150 to work. Then if I try to go fishin or something, my wife complains that I spent so much money on my racing stuff that she doesn't wanna hear about anything else. When I try to get on the racing thing she bitch's about how a man with a family shouldn't play a game. What the eff.

Ah yea, the family life....just a distant memory for me now. But you know what dude, if that's all she complains about and is otherwise good, keep her around. A good woman is hard to find nowadays. Sounds like you have a very nice family otherwise so just try compromising with her and I'm sure she will lighten up a bit. (Look at me, a divorced marriage councelor giving advice. :lol::lol::lol:)

Ah well, such is life, uh? Well, whenever you get a slice of time, don't be a stranger to the events. Maybe we can even make it online together one of these times. Anyway, gotta go for now, the sleeping pills are started to take effect. Take care and say "hi" to the family for me and we'll talk/race later. Peace my friend. G-Night.

Finally got into 1.39s 1.39.978 now to take dog for a walk then have another go

Well, down to a 1'38.571, good enough for 135th on the board atm. Thanks to my esteemed collegue GTPMCBRIDE adding me as a friend, I am now #2 on my friends list. :lol: But you know what, that's all fine and dandy because the more rabbits I have to chase down, the better it makes me in the end. :sly:

Nice run btw MCBRIDE...smartass. :lol: I knew what you were doing when I seen that f/r. :sly: Its all good tho, a pleasure to compete with you my GTP brother. :cheers:

EDIT: Now down to 1'38.425. 110th atm. I'm coming for you MCBRIDE. :sly:

Last edited:
Back