Time Trial #69 | 650pp 2WD Racing Cars @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 238 comments
That must be Pmjg's 3rd tune as the one I'm using has high range turbo but his 1st tune had mid range (turbo 2).

Torque 43/57? Do you mean ballast position?

With pmjg's high range turbo I'm getting .5 sec on the last section, sometimes. Think I did the same with the mid range turbo though.

The 2:02 time Suba suggests a wheel may make us all superstars here, sadly, I expect our skill levels are the main factor.
Makes one want to save up though.

I m sorry for the mistake mate ,yes i mean ballast position...my opinion is that the mid range turbo seems that works better than high range turbo ...i dont kow if 2j is the fastest car with that tune but i can say for sure that is a train....finally maybe we are superstars and we dont know yet:crazy::crazy: but i m very old:lol:to try with a wheel...i m playing from gt1 with my ds3 so its too late for me

Just improved from a 2.04.300 to 2.04.128 but was so over cautious in last section lost at least 0.3
Adjusted my tune slightly aswell cars back on share if any one wants to give it another go

Well done mate Great time 👍👍👍👍

Im Stück on 2.07.220 but im proud of it:):):)

Well done mate Great time 👍👍👍👍

Im Stück on 2.07.220 but im proud of it:):):)

Thanks mate it's frustrating thou i am consistently 0.2-0.5 up on my best up until last sweeping left hander in to the bus stop chicane but keep either drifting wide and red lapping it or nailing it and out braking myself in to the chicane and mid 2.03 is well within my reach if I could just get the last sector right.
But very happy to be in top 200 still

Have'nt been able to beat my 2:04.8 (no ballast) after an hour lastnight after i first tryed using
ballast but the car seems to handle pretty terrible with ballast so i gave up.

Im not shure where the ballast goes really , front.. rear ?

Have'nt been able to beat my 2:04.8 (no ballast) after an hour lastnight after i first tryed using
ballast but the car seems to handle pretty terrible with ballast so i gave up.

Im not shure where the ballast goes really , front.. rear ?

Get weight on the rear I'm using 79kg at plus 32 toward rear gives me a 44/56 balance handles a lot nicer and let's you get to the 700bhp mark

I m sorry for the mistake mate ,yes i mean ballast position...my opinion is that the mid range turbo seems that works better than high range turbo ...i dont kow if 2j is the fastest car with that tune but i can say for sure that is a train....finally maybe we are superstars and we dont know yet:crazy::crazy: but i m very old:lol:to try with a wheel...i m playing from gt1 with my ds3 so its too late for me

Re the turbo, I felt the mid range was good but am sticking with the high range for now.

I too started Playstation with the 1st Gran Tourismo (sometime after my kids did) and after using the controller (buttons) all that time I'm sure I'd find it difficult to change to a wheel now too, but who knows.

Hey guys. I think I'm gonna retire from doing Seasonal Time Trials. My parents are banning me from playing video games during the week to make me study for school, even though I barely get any homework so I won't have any time to run these. :grumpy: Good-bye guys. :(

Edit: I guess I spoke too soon. I had a word with my parents and we agreed that I should limit myself a bit with the PS3 and only ban myself when it's near the time for big tests and exams. But I'm still retiring from these.

Last edited:
I too started Playstation with the 1st Gran Tourismo (sometime after my kids did) and after using the controller (buttons) all that time I'm sure I'd find it difficult to change to a wheel now too, but who knows.

Might take a few weeks to get used to, but once you get a wheel you'll wish you had bought one years ago :D I have tried going back to the controller a few times and it's pretty much a disaster. I think Doodle switches between the two pretty well but for most of us mere mortals a wheel is usually faster & more fun :)

Hey guys. I think I'm gonna retire from doing Seasonal Time Trials. My parents are banning me from playing video games during the week to make me study for school, even though I barely get any homework so I won't have any time to run these. :grumpy: Good-bye guys. :(

Edit: I guess I spoke too soon. I had a word with my parents and we agreed that I should limit myself a bit with the PS3 and only ban myself when it's near the time for big tests and exams. But I'm still retiring from these.

I presumed you were an adult for some reason and therefore the above is a joke.

If I am wrong though I guess I have to agree with your parents as I have similar rules with my young ones concerning homework, albeit they mostly play Transformer games now.

Again, if I am wrong and you are serious we'll miss your contributions and expertise here.
Anyway, good luck with your studies, catch ya when you get the chance.

PS, perhaps you could get up an hour earlier each morning, while your parents are asleep. My boys often get up early to play games but they are not allowed up before 6am although I have come out at 5:30 and caught them at it, ha ha.

Last edited:

Yea, I have that issue as well but I normally don't play seasonal events. Since I am starting my Junior year in High School, I won't be playing that much anymore. I really won't be able to play on weekdays. :(

I have been getting bored of the game, so I guess this is a break well needed.

Well boys im out of here, the wheel has a mind of it's own, keeps decelerating down fast straight.
The potentiometer in the accelerator is cream crackered. Won't be able to fix this one.Already swapped them over ages ago when i first had trouble with it.
Saving up for a new wheel so will be back when it happens, but will still be watching.
Tried the controller but 4+ seconds slower.
My best time on wheel was 2.05.551.
Any body needs a car send fr to stewyripper on psn and will put it on share for you.
All the best people
stewyripper
:grumpy:

Another 20 or so runs:crazy:, and I've found a few more tenths, so my best time is now a 2:04.309, 178th place:)

I'm being a little more aggressive under braking and I've been trying hard to hit the apex's for some of the slow-speed corners.

I switched from no turbo to the mid-range turbo, and I seemed to go a little quicker, but its very hard to tell.

Having great fun at Spa!
GTsail

A 203.841 with pmjg's tune though I'm using 5/7 BB. Stuffed up 3 or 4 203.5xx laps but still a few days left to nail it I hope.

A 203.841 with pmjg's tune though I'm using 5/7 BB. Stuffed up 3 or 4 203.5xx laps but still a few days left to nail it I hope.

^^^^Nice laps!👍

Do you think that the brake balance makes much of a difference?

I've been running my laps with the BB at 5/4

Thanks
GTsail

I don't have the 2J and not sure when will it show up in the UCD. Did a 2:13.04 with a 787B. Not sure about the tune but will try and improve. What would be a good time around Spa with the Mazda 787B? I don't have Spa downloaded so not much practice.

Did a 2:13.04 with a 787B. Not sure about the tune but will try and improve. What would be a good time around Spa with the Mazda 787B?

Looking at the Leaderboard, I see that the two tops times with the Mazda 787B are: 2:07.114 and 2:07.696

IMO, a good time might be within two-three seconds of the above times. Maybe a 2:10 flat

So there's your mission, should you choose to accept it!;):D

Good luck!
GTsail

Looking at the Leaderboard, I see that the two tops times with the Mazda 787B are: 2:07.114 and 2:07.696

IMO, a good time might be within two-three seconds of the above times. Maybe a 2:10 flat

So there's your mission, should you choose to accept it!;):D

Good luck!
GTsail

Accepted. Lets see how close I get to 2:07. Thanks mate!!!

^^^^Nice laps!👍

Do you think that the brake balance makes much of a difference?

I've been running my laps with the BB at 5/4

Thanks
GTsail

It helps me but may not suit others. Just makes the back end slide a bit more under braking which I find helps on the tighter corners and also at the end of the straight where I am braking late, turning in early & trail braking.

Might take a few weeks to get used to, but once you get a wheel you'll wish you had bought one years ago :D I have tried going back to the controller a few times and it's pretty much a disaster. I think Doodle switches between the two pretty well but for most of us mere mortals a wheel is usually faster & more fun :)

The above could't be righter, Dalone. Yes it takes a few weeks until you're as sharp with the wheel, and it will be painful before you're done, but I think it is more than worth the effort. (Dick Smith has G27 on sale sometimes for $200. You can bargain in some of their shops - down to $350 or something). I built a playseat out of an old bucket seat from a dragster (great for my old back & adjustable for my kids). Got a sawhorse from hardware to hold the wheel.

The above could't be righter, Dalone. Yes it takes a few weeks until you're as sharp with the wheel, and it will be painful before you're done, but I think it is more than worth the effort. (Dick Smith has G27 on sale sometimes for $200. You can bargain in some of their shops - down to $350 or something). I built a playseat out of an old bucket seat from a dragster (great for my old back & adjustable for my kids). Got a sawhorse from hardware to hold the wheel.

Yes, I'm often tempted to lash out and get a wheel, I'm sure it would improve my racing after a while.
The controller though is just so convenient, out of sight and mind when you are not using it.
But I know you blokes are right, so we'll see.

In the meantime I have shaved another .5 sec off my time and am now on 2:05.369... pos 390, just 1.5 secs away from pmjg (although it might as well be 10.5 secs).
Not sure I can do much better than perhaps a tenth or two, but there's still a few days to go yet.

Accepted. Lets see how close I get to 2:07. Thanks mate!!!

I figured you need another time to shoot for so I've jumped into my Mazda 787B and ran some laps.

My best time so far was a 2:07.122 with the Mazda 787B, which is 1232 on the Leaderboard.:) So now you have another 2:07 time to shoot for!;):D

The Mazda 787B handles quite well and has good speed, but I'm fighting excessive wheel-spin coming out of all the low-speed corners, so I lose a ton of time because I only have the throttle half open.:yuck:

Good luck with yours!
GTsail2UCD

Last edited:
I figured you need another time to shoot for so I've jumped into my Mazda 787B and ran some laps.

My best time so far was a 2:07.122 with the Mazda 787B, which is 1232 on the Leaderboard.:) So now you have another 2:07 time to shoot for!;):D

The Mazda 787B handles quite well and has good speed, but I'm fighting excessive wheel-spin coming out of all the low-speed corners, so I lose a ton of time because I only have the throttle half open.:yuck:

Good luck with yours!
GTsail2UCD

I don't think I will be able to do a 2:07 but I will try. I might reach 2:10. Not enough experience on Spa and not much time but I will give it my best shot. I have the same issue with the Mazda in the slower corners and it understeers a lot too. If I can only get the exit out of La Source bang on, half the job is done. Need to find and test a good tune. Thanks for your help. :)

So decided to have a crack at it with my wheel this morning and in first and second sectors I was a massive 1.6 seconds up on my best(2.04.1) only to throw it away on the fast sweeping left hander and the chicane (few swear words came out after that) at least I know the wheels the way to go this TT

Hey 'rizzy. Try this tune by the one & only PRAIANO 👍 (Just get your PP to spec)

Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Tuning sheet model : Lion's Den Performance

Power: 818 HP at 8200 RPM
Torque: 568 ft-lb at 7000 RPM
Weight: 900 KG
Ballast: 70 KG
Position: 50
Weight distribution front/rear: 45% - 55%

Parts to Purchase:

GT Auto:
Buy New Car Dealership
Oil Change .
Drive 300 KM.
Oil change again.

Tuning Shop:
Chassis reinforcement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Turbo 3
Fully Customisable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires. (Just fit racing hard)
Settings:

General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Downforce :
Front / rear = 60/85

Engine:
Power Limiter: 91.4%

Transmission:
Reset
Set Final gear to 5.500
Set top speed to 240 KMH = 149 MPH
1st: 2.878
2nd: 2.115
3rd: 1.634
4th: 1.313
5th: 1.082
Then Final gear again at : 2.855
Max Speed: 430 km/hr = 267 MPH

This final gear is for the Nordchleife. Change the top speed adjusting final gear only to fit any track.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/10
Deceleration: 0/28

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: 00/00
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 12.8/12.3
Dampers Extension: 1/1
Dampers Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.5/2.5
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance (front/rear): 8/5

So decided to have a crack at it with my wheel this morning and in first and second sectors I was a massive 1.6 seconds up on my best(2.04.1) only to throw it away on the fast sweeping left hander and the chicane (few swear words came out after that) at least I know the wheels the way to go this TT

Bloody hell, 1.6 sec's up at that point. I think you would be right, just like Hoot and Teitzy say.

Back