Time Trial #75: 450pp FF Cars @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 531 comments
Finally moved on to a full ballast tune up, and have gotten used to it now. [tho I did like chucking the car around with less weight]

This is it, and has got me to a 2:25.896 with a few more tenths still within reach.....

I made a very, very slight improvement of .003 to a 2:24.271 last night. I couldn't get the chicane right at all but, was better everywhere else.
A couple days off and I can't get the rhythm of those two corners back, lol.

Finaly got there 2.25.993.
Strange thing is that now i have passed 2.25 i can see a load more time out there within easy reach???
Invalidated a 2.25.5 but knew i could still grab more time.
Eyes are shot now seeing two doodle ghosts when one will do.
See you all tomorrow, try to grab that time.:cheers::gtpflag:

King Doodle :bowdown:

Do you guys think that this is the last GT5 seasonal? Or the one we'll get this thursday maybe? I mean, before GT6 is out.

CARGO......!!!! Before I die of old age mate, put your car on share as you said you would please.

Damn dude, settle down, you aren't going to die just because I don't share my car. You're acting like its a life or death thing, sending pm and all. Like I said, after reading Rido's post, I stopped putting miles on the car therefore I did not reach the "magic" point in miles to make dirty oil really beneficial. I see no advantage in putting the car on share beings as it only has 278 HP with all upgrades, without turbo. Now I know of course you will have something to say about this, but that's the way it is. Next time if you want dirty oil, feel free to conduct your own experiment. Sorry so blunt, but I just woke up and haven't had my morning Pepsi and doughnuts yet. :lol:

EDIT: I posted this at around 9am but forgot to hit the reply button so it was still waiting there for me to hit the reply button when I came back. :dunce: Told you I wasn't any good without my morning Pepsi. :lol:

Last edited:
Here's my setup. There's a 2:23.1 possible with it. Enjoy! Transmission settings are exactly the same as Chris's (Stotty)

-25/40
15.0/3.0
10/1
10/1
7/1
2.2/0.5
-0.75/-1.00

5/60/5

Ballast: 200kg @ -50

Brake Balance: 3/10

Think I've pretty much hit the wall now on a 2:25.407 so still on the board but only just will be very happy if I manage to stay there as I tend to shy away from ff cars so quite impressed with myself thou I seem to have run out of talent to improve any more even with the excellent help from cb and roweer on my friend list witch is much appreciated.

Damn dude, settle down, you aren't going to die just because I don't share my car. You're acting like its a life or death thing, sending pm and all. Like I said, after reading Rido's post, I stopped putting miles on the car therefore I did not reach the "magic" point in miles to make dirty oil really beneficial. I see no advantage in putting the car on share beings as it only has 278 HP with all upgrades, without turbo. Now I know of course you will have something to say about this, but that's the way it is. Next time if you want dirty oil, feel free to conduct your own experiment. Sorry so blunt, but I just woke up and haven't had my morning Pepsi and doughnuts yet. :lol:

EDIT: I posted this at around 9am but forgot to hit the reply button so it was still waiting there for me to hit the reply button when I came back. :dunce: Told you I wasn't any good without my morning Pepsi. :lol:

And Cargo last Sat;

"Funny that some of you guys are saying that running with dirty oil is not beneficial. I have to disagree with you however as I have been actually running and testing the car myself and have seen a noticeable difference. Maybe you guys are not seeing it in the same way I am. No, it does not work in the same way it did with the 2J for example, but what it does do is lower the PP in a way that you can fit more of the tuning parts and use less ballast/less power limiter. Maybe I'm not explaining it in the right way, but at any rate, yes there is an advantage to having a high mileage car. Believe what you want, but I myself am seeing an advantage. Mine is presently at 14,000 and counting. At this point, I am able to have all tuning parts and have power limiter at almost 100%, which is where the advantage comes from in this case. If people wanna doubt me that's fine, I just kow what I'm seeing through my testing so far. It may not be a big advantage, but an advantage is an advantage none the less. I'll end my part of the discussion here, as not to cause a ruckus, and be on my way. Peace and happy racing. 👍"

I see you are backpeddling now Cargo, looking for a way out of sharing your car with it's 'advantage'.

Obviously you have a good reason for not wanting to share, but I'll bet my bottom dollar it has squat to do with the pathetic reason you have offered. I expect it has a great deal more to do with other factors which you do not wish to reveal.

I smell a rat!

I've cracked the top 250 with a 2:25.345 lap.

After only 400 miles!:dopey:

I'm now only 2 seconds behind Doodles's amazing time.👍

Great fun at Suzuka!
GTsail

Gaining the next two seconds may take a little longer than the 400 miles did. Anyway it's a good time, about where I'm aiming.

And Cargo last Sat;

"Funny that some of you guys are saying that running with dirty oil is not beneficial. I have to disagree with you however as I have been actually running and testing the car myself and have seen a noticeable difference. Maybe you guys are not seeing it in the same way I am. No, it does not work in the same way it did with the 2J for example, but what it does do is lower the PP in a way that you can fit more of the tuning parts and use less ballast/less power limiter. Maybe I'm not explaining it in the right way, but at any rate, yes there is an advantage to having a high mileage car. Believe what you want, but I myself am seeing an advantage. Mine is presently at 14,000 and counting. At this point, I am able to have all tuning parts and have power limiter at almost 100%, which is where the advantage comes from in this case. If people wanna doubt me that's fine, I just kow what I'm seeing through my testing so far. It may not be a big advantage, but an advantage is an advantage none the less. I'll end my part of the discussion here, as not to cause a ruckus, and be on my way. Peace and happy racing. 👍"

I see you are backpeddling now Cargo, looking for a way out of sharing your car with it's 'advantage'.

Obviously you have a good reason for not wanting to share, but I'll bet my bottom dollar it has squat to do with the pathetic reason you have offered. I expect it has a great deal more to do with other factors which you do not wish to reveal.

I smell a rat!

Give it a f'ing rest dalone, really. I'm getting damn tired of you trying to make me out to be some sort of scammer or something all the time. I have no secrets here, seriously. If you don't want to believe what I say then that's fine, but don't try to make me out to be some kind of liar or scammer here in front of everybody. I told you why I didn't feel like it was beneficial to people for me sharing it, and that is what I meant. If you are so worried about it, then next time get off your ass and conduct your own experiments and stop depending on everyone else to do the leg work for you. And just fyi, I'm not even using that car anymore to try and improve. (Yes, I decided to have another go at this) I've got another car that I decided to use to try another experiment with. (power to weight ratio) So again, hop up off my ass and stop trying to belittle me, its really getting tiresome.

Just to shut you up, I'll put the car on share right now and you can see for yourself, but don't expect anymore favors from me. You can do your own experimenting next time.

EDIT: There, the car is on share. You can stop your whining now dalone.

Last edited:
You may recall Stotty also wanted to give it a run, but I guess he is too polite to have to ask twice.

Anyway appreciate you doing as you said you would.

Seems your tune fell off along the way? Were you using Stotty's?

Don't think I'll get another go as quite busy tomorow, should've spent more time on it as felt I defiantly had some more time to knock off
Lacked the motivation after making the top 10 really,
Saw doodles lap though it was good. :) well sector 3 was savage but a little to be made at the first two sectors to a make it a " near perfect lap "

Hi everyone, first post. Weird that ive been using doodles ghost thinking he was 'someone online', and here he is! After reading alot of interesting posts here, I cant seem to find if anyone has posted a 'tune' or 'setup' that has worked well for them, am I missing something? I'm running the DC4 at the mo if anyone has any suggestions, I've only managed a 2:30 so far :-( Congrats Doodle by the way!!!!

Hi everyone, first post. Weird that ive been using doodles ghost thinking he was 'someone online', and here he is! After reading alot of interesting posts here, I cant seem to find if anyone has posted a 'tune' or 'setup' that has worked well for them, am I missing something? I'm running the DC4 at the mo if anyone has any suggestions, I've only managed a 2:30 so far :-( Congrats Doodle by the way!!!!
Go to page 10 half way down the lists

You may recall Stotty also wanted to give it a run, but I guess he is too polite to have to ask twice.

Anyway appreciate you doing as you said you would.

Seems your tune fell off along the way? Were you using Stotty's?

Damn, I put the car on share and you're still not happy as you want me to spoon feed you a setup too. :rolleyes: No, I was not using Stotty's, I was using my own tune. You got the car now, be happy. I told you there was nothing special about it because I had not finished/gave up on my experiment, but of course you just had to make a big deal about it, as always.:rolleyes:

Just watched your lap Andrew...nice use of the handbrake. :sly: Congrats on P1.

:lol: Handbrake really does help for me. I use it to help the car rotate and kill off some of that understeer.

Thanks guys. :) Just gotta hope that L-Shooter doesn't do another run tomorrow. His sector 3 is incredible.

Here's my setup. There's a 2:23.1 possible with it. Enjoy! Transmission settings are exactly the same as Chris's (Stotty)

-25/40
15.0/3.0
10/1
10/1
7/1
2.2/0.5
-0.75/-1.00

5/60/5

Ballast: 200kg @ -50

Brake Balance: 3/10

The front and rear toe :eek: and the high accel LSD, are these values for real ? I think this will be very twitchy car for a stick controller user :scared:

Yup. :D It worked best for me. Less extreme toe and LSD settings provided far too much understeer for me, so I kept moving the toe settings down until I found something that felt right.

Back