Time Trial #76: 550PP RWD Road Cars @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 551 comments
I tried that GT-R LM... It felt nice but wouldn't put down a good lap. I got a 2:34.585 in Bandit's NSX, but if I could manage to find a controller that has the analog stick in the D-Pad's place and one that has better triggers for throttle control, I could definitely see at least a 2:32 for myself.

It just means that there will no longer be any viewable GT5 leader board on the website and we will only be able to see our rankings in the game itself.

The 'rankings' you speak of, they are the 'Online Rankings' next to Settings in the game?

If so, where is the 'viewable GT5 leader board? And please pardon my ignorance, if applicable.

The 'rankings' you speak of, they are the 'Online Rankings' next to Settings in the game? YEP

If so, where is the 'viewable GT5 leader board? IN THE OP And please pardon my ignorance, if applicable. WE'LL FORGIVE YOU THIS TIME... ;)

Had a go this morning but it seems iv'e lost the ability to drive. Couldn't drive a nail straight today will try again later. :banghead:

Unfortunately you can't remove engine upgrade once it's installed.

Had a look last night and I didn't have the stage 3 eng mod on my NSX LM Prototype, still only have 414hp with Banditkarters22 setup but managed to put in a 2:35:889 so was more than happy. I'm still a little confused as to why I can only get 414bhp with the exact same setup as BK22 but am extremely happy he was nice enough to post the set up in the first place.

Thanks Rich

Does anyone have an unmodified Nissan r390 road car they'd be willing to gift me???... I stuffed mine up by doing weight mods and now I can't set it up the way I want.

Been trying a few cars... managed a 2:36??? in the NSX LM but its a dog for the most part and I just can't get along with it... haven't managed a good tune for the GTR LM and everything else has been too slow... but I think the R390 has potential when mixed with my driving style
I think I have one .. i'll let you know in a bit.
Sorry only one I have has stage 2 weight reduction.

Last edited:
The 'rankings' you speak of, they are the 'Online Rankings' next to Settings in the game?

If so, where is the 'viewable GT5 leader board? And please pardon my ignorance, if applicable.

Yes

Go here and log in with your PSN details...

you can skip this step if you do not need to see your friend list rankings.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt5/signin/

(replace the 'gb' with your own country code)

Then go here and select the current TT

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/event/

All seasonal information on this page and it's sub pages will be inactive as of the date stated earlier.

👍

Last edited:
Wasnt Peasantslayer Banned for doing just the thing that Bandit did? If I remember correctly Peasant was trying to prove that cheating can be done, and that the leaders were cheating. What is real anymore? Just cheating enough to barely win, who knows who is actually racing fair. Anywayi (back marker) dont like being pushed back even 1 place by multiple accounts or cheaters. Having said that, Bandit is a great asset and help to this forum. Hope we all start gt6 on a clean slate and play fair. :cheers:

Been using my wheel last few sessions able to get a more accurate line throu eu rouge 0.6 up on my ghost but can't seem to match my pace over rest of lap as I can with the ds3 I know a 32 is withing reach just a matter of if I can pull my self away from gt6 when it arrives to try improve

Amazing the difference a car does, I was battling with a RX7, managed to make a gold but in 2:46, then I tried a Zonda C12S and got 2:42 with basic settings and without pushing much, just gave it 2 laps.

Guess I'll have to try the GSXR as I don't have a NSX LM

Apparently, I have set my time from 10 hours in the future!

ffuture-timestamp.jpg

I actually registered this run at 05/12 16:18.xx

:nervous::D

Edit: never mind this now, I have just noticed that I was looking at the leader board in a tab with 'au' as the selected country, which I had left open after checking a few things when composing post #488 above^^^^ :dunce: :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Might be the time in Japan, remember it's a japanese game ;)
(Noticed how, on most events, the japanese cars are often the fastest ? :P )

Amazing the difference a car does, I was battling with a RX7, managed to make a gold but in 2:46, then I tried a Zonda C12S and got 2:42 with basic settings and without pushing much, just gave it 2 laps.

As Harmonic found, I too am slower in the GSXR 2:36.5 vs the NSX 2:34.8 They are on share if you wish to try them send a FR.

Does anyone have an unmodified Nissan r390 road car they'd be willing to gift me???... I stuffed mine up by doing weight mods and now I can't set it up the way I want.

Been trying a few cars... managed a 2:36??? in the NSX LM but its a dog for the most part and I just can't get along with it... haven't managed a good tune for the GTR LM and everything else has been too slow... but I think the R390 has potential when mixed with my driving style
I checked and have two but it won't allow me to gift that car to you. I can put it on share and if you can glitch save it your set.

Apparently, I have set my time from 10 hours in the future!

View attachment 86216

I actually registered this run at 05/12 16:18.xx

:nervous::D

Edit: never mind this now, I have just noticed that I was looking at the leader board in a tab with 'au' as the selected country, which I had left open after checking a few things when composing post #488 above^^^^ :dunce: :embarrassed:
Nice improvement did any of the settings i sent you help

Nice improvement did any of the settings i sent you help

Had a go with the suspension [used slightly higher spring rates] & lsd settings mixed with my own wheel alignment settings and pulled off that latest lap, so yes they did help, thanks.

Funnily enough, I have had those damper/ARB settings on my car previously but not with any of the other settings at the same time.

Last edited:
Had a go with the suspension [used slightly higher spring rates] & lsd settings mixed with my own wheel alignment settings and pulled off that latest lap, so yes they did help, thanks.

Funnily enough, I have had those damper/ARB settings on my car previously but not with any of the other settings at the same time.
Yeh my problem is Eau Rouge when i do stay in touch with doodles gost i am .500 down in sector one

I Gold it with the 458 at around 2:48... But will give it a go with the Zonda based on your comments, Thanks!

I'm done with GT5. It's been such a great run doing the seasonals. I've improved so much since my first one, TT #25 at Kart Space. 1 win, 4 top 3's, 11 top 5's, 17 top 10's, and 52 top 50s. Just fantastic. I would've never guessed I'd get this good. :D See you all on the GT6 seasonals! :cheers:

I'm done with GT5. It's been such a great run doing the seasonals. I've improved so much since my first one, TT #25 at Kart Space. 1 win, 4 top 3's, 11 top 5's, 17 top 10's, and 52 top 50s. Just fantastic. I would've never guessed I'd get this good. :D See you all on the GT6 seasonals! :cheers:
Yeah, it's been great! :D I'm actually gonna get a copy of GT6 tomorrow now, I was going to have to wait until I get my preordered copy when I move back home, but I'm gonna buy an extra copy and sell it to my flatmate at the end of the week! :lol:

I'm also officially done with GT5. Its been a great run and have met a lot of great people through competing in these Seasonal TT's. and yes, even you Dalone. :lol: It sincerely has been fun competing with each and every one of you. Many great memories here in this sub-forum with many great battles, both on the track and off. :lol: Hope to see all of you guys/girls in GT6 so that we may keep this tradition of fun and great competition going. See you all on the 6. Peace, I'm out.

Mitch

I'm not done I was just starting.. :D Well GT6 will be under the tree on the 24th so I still get some days of GT5 ahead 👍

I tried that GT-R LM... It felt nice but wouldn't put down a good lap. I got a 2:34.585 in Bandit's NSX, but if I could manage to find a controller that has the analog stick in the D-Pad's place and one that has better triggers for throttle control, I could definitely see at least a 2:32 for myself.

I find the GT-R LM a bit weird... its gives me the impression its big and heavy even when its actually lighter than some of the other cars

My single biggest issue is that I just cannot drive a MR car smooth enough on the throttle (DS3) so they all turn into fishtailing pigs:banghead:

I checked and have two but it won't allow me to gift that car to you. I can put it on share and if you can glitch save it your set.

No idea what that means... I've kinda kept out of all the "technical" aspects of GT5... but thanks anyway... I'll see if I can at least grab it on share for a few runs

I'm going to make one more try and see if I can have my best finish, although it would be neat to have three consecutive 46th place finishes. Probably not going to try much on GT6 seasonal TT's at first, as GT6 will be the first game I will have played from day one and I want to explore everything.

When I started playing GT5 last year I used recommended cars for the first few weeks before someone told me you could buy them and tune them, lol. Going to do all the races with the manual and pick up my left foot too..
Thank you to everyone who gave me advice here on GTP..TY WG

Last edited:
I'm finished with gt5 as well. Ending with a 2:33.226 using cargoratt's tune. It's funny, because I thought I had been using doodle's the whole time. Anyway, thanks to everyone for sharing tips and tunes over the years. I've learned a lot and have gotten at least a little bit faster.

I find the GT-R LM a bit weird... its gives me the impression its big and heavy even when its actually lighter than some of the other cars

My single biggest issue is that I just cannot drive a MR car smooth enough on the throttle (DS3) so they all turn into fishtailing pigs:banghead:

The way I manage the slippery slide rear end is to lower the acc' setting in the LSD (the middle one) to around 9 or 10. Praiano's tune actually had it at 5, so there you are. That will make a heck of a lot of difference.

Then, if you require a little more taming use Traction Control. Start at 1 and increase if needed.

Lately I have been starting with a higher acc' setting (up to 50) and then enjoying the control I gain as I lower it.

Good luck.

I have 2 GT6's in front of me, one for me and one for the boys to use to chase me, ha ha.

Guess I won't be back here much either. Thanks everyone for the memories. Had a great time. Cheers.

I have the same problem... I feel like I'm losing at least 2 seconds between using the D-Pad and the sub par triggers... I might actually buy a wired 360 controller and use one of those third party adapters to use it on PS3. The response of the controls on the Xbox controller makes it so you can nearly get the precision and control that a wheel offers.

Back