Time Trial #76: 550PP RWD Road Cars @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 551 comments
F.A.O. Wolski, how is the TT going, I still can't catch you, Stewy or Zona, :cheers:

I think I'm going to change my friends.....:lol: :lol:
Well don't change friends cose Im borrowing your car lol :cheers::D Overall I really enjoyed the TT:P:tup:, it first time at Spa I know it just a bit from tv, very nice track.

I didn't had time during the week to really race but I did few laps during the week just to get the feel; tried the new setup you had on your share car and that setup is last setup of Bandit, I think. This is a very "nervous" setup very quick oversteer, you need to steer smoothly else oversteer comes visiting again, the older one suites me better. On the old setup I could use 270 degree[correction 135 Degrees] on the wheel but it is too low for the last setup. So I tried 360 degrees [correction 180 Degrees]setup on the wheel, that one I never use, but it does steer more smoothly, Eau Rouge is really different approach in that setup. however Im 5 seconds off pace compared to my time on the old setup. I looked on the reply of Bandit and it confirms that 360 should probably be better, because I don't see Bandit doing a big movements or wild corrections with steering. I think I will experiment with the Bandit driving style, its very interesting. However, I think, Im going to print out the old setup up and change it and see if I can get a bit faster. On Ford GT '5 I can do a low 1:39 that's not bad either but I can do it with Ford GT '6 aswell.
Wheel helps a lot in driving, I had great help thanks to it on the Academy 2013, time trial not sure If I could have reached the 1:17 in Netherlands, that was really fast but I actually stopped trying after reaching 1:21:226 not only because it would have meant really a lot of hours of practicing and getting red eye's because of it, but I wasn't even sure if you could appear once or more times in the National Finals and since I almost don't drive and never raced I would have lost against those guy's in Nationals because most of them had at least go kart experience. But now I heard that you can be more than once on nationals, only once on the finals. For sure even if its possible to go to Nationals one really needs to get some experience with go karts or even racing a car. Even a go kart will do nicely it will at least get you used to the speed. Without it one has a huge disadvantage.

I surly will have a go for an hour today see if I can improve, it is great fun!:P I was somewhere in 670 last week but now at 1000+ .

I was reading that Ayrton Senna is featured in GT6, hmmm steering with one hand over Monaco that would be a nice TT challenge.

BTW I told the story of The GT6 gift to a racing friend, she absolutely love it, really good Karma going on here:cheers:, Im going use that story during Christmas diner. Im sure ppl will love it. :D

Last edited:
Hey Wolski, that was a great write up, I'm very interested in your comments on the amount of steering degrees, I have a 200 degree wheel, how much different are the 900 wheels to play with ?

@BanditKarter22 Don't know if you'll be back to read this or not since you now have GT6 :) but wanted to send a thanks for posting your setup here. Shaved 2+ seconds off my time with just a couple of trial laps. I don't tune much or race as seriously as the leaderboard players, but am always appreciative when one of the pros is willing to post their setups! Thanks and also thanks to Doodlemonopoly.

@BanditKarter22 Don't know if you'll be back to read this or not since you now have GT6 :) but wanted to send a thanks for posting your setup here. Shaved 2+ seconds off my time with just a couple of trial laps. I don't tune much or race as seriously as the leaderboard players, but am always appreciative when one of the pros is willing to post their setups! Thanks and also thanks to Doodlemonopoly.
You're very welcome! :) It takes quite a lot of work to find a good tune, but when it works out I'm always willing to share :) Glad it was of help 👍

Good luck with the One Dayers, it's the shorter versions of the game which brought me back to cricket many years ago.

ps..and that's a good id suggestion, I'll be sure to use it somewhere, thanks.

We kicked their asses good & solid in the 2nd one as well. That wraps up the series. Hopefully the boys make it 3 - 0. Then for the tests. I'm chuffed about this 'cos the Indian Cricket bosses saw fit to cut short their tour, which means that Cape Town won't have a New Years test for the first time in many, many years. So yeah, good reply...

now 2:33.6 and still fighting in Eau Rouge :crazy:
I am using Traction Control at 1 because I tested very much and at least in the last chicane and first corner there is no speed or power loss comparing with the top lap (banditkarter). It is way easier to get out of slow corners with TC1.
I lose more than 0.5 in Eau Rouge but this is a good thing, at least I know were improvement is a must.
Spa is a great track but this combination of power and grip makes Eau Rouge a gamble more than everything.

Hey Wolski, that was a great write up, I'm very interested in your comments on the amount of steering degrees, I have a 200 degree wheel, how much different are the 900 wheels to play with ?
Sorry for late reply, not sure if you going to read this; but the difference can be in quality or precision of a wheel but it will be in machinery of a wheel and not in the degrees it can handle; because for racing you need precision and you do not use 900 degree setup in the race because 900 degrees means that to turn the wheels of the car to maximum to the left or to the right you have to turn the wheel 900 degrees to the left or right. This mean 2 full turns (360x2=720) and a half turn 180. So obviously its impossible to make fast movements with such setup. My wheel is capable of doing 1080 that means 3 full turns (360 x 3) to left or right, this is for trucks simulation and is not used in racing simulation. In earlier post, that I have corrected now, I have stated; I use 270 degrees setup but that was a mistake, sorry about that, I actually use 135 degrees setup or after watching Bandit I tried 180 degrees setup. So when I drive 135 degrees setup I have to turn the wheel 135 degrees to left or right to reach maximum turn of the wheels of the car, when using 180, than you need to turn your steering wheel 180 degrees to reach maximum turn of your wheels. If your wheel is 200 degrees and you can not change it to lower you probably are using 200 or it has a default for GT5 and is using less than that. Of course you almost never use full turn. However a low degree setup will interpret in fast wheels movements even when the steering wheel is moved just a touch. Such setup can help with fast left right movements trough corners.

If you chose a higher degree like 180 instead of 135 your turns will be more gentle because you need to turn more degrees to get the wheels of the car turning. But when on some turns you need really fast and big move a setup of 180 can prove to be too slow. In such case you need to practice your moves so its faster or change the setup up to lower degree. On Spa I had an opposite problem my 135 was too fast a slight movement of the steering wheel made quite a big movement on the wheels of the car. When I tried BanditKarter(awesome drive:tup:) Setup I drove with 135 degrees setup (so it take 135 degrees turn on the steering wheel to turn wheel of the car to maximum left or right) when I moved the steering wheel too much I got huge over steer, that I didn't had with other setup. What you can do if you chose to stay with the 135 setup of the steering wheel is to learn to move the steering wheel very gentle or you can chose a bigger degree setup because a same movement on steering wheel will interpenetrate in lesser move of the wheels of the car.

Interesting thing I noticed is when you look on the steering wheel of the car in the game it has a 90 turn as maximum. When I drive with 135 degree the wheel on the car stops at 90 degrees even tough I can move my steering wheel 45 degrees farther. However the wheels on the car do move till 135 is reached. To make sure if it is so, I checked this yesterday on a F1 car, there I could see wheels move even though the steering wheel in the game was stopped moving after reaching the 90 degrees.. Same thing with 180 or more, so the steering wheel on the game stops at 90 degree, but the wheels of the car keep moving till you reach you 180 or what ever setup you have, kinda a bit confusing. It would be better if the steering wheel on the game moved just as much as your setup of your steering wheel. In short Anything more than 200 degrees is good for cruising around and parking :). Hope this explanation helps a bit sorry for editing twice the right degrees (typing late at night is asking for mistakes :) ) so to be perfectly clear I use 135 degrees most of the time and I'm using Thrustmaster T500RS with F1 steering wheel on it and not a GT wheel, the clutch isn't working in GT5 from beginning and just today I asked the TS help desk how to make it work. The wheel and the pedals are very precise but the degrees you cannot get lower than 135 in GT5 at the moment, it's an software issue.

BTW if anyone is able to give a Honda NSX LM I would be grateful! At the moment I still practice with borrowed Honda on Spa but every time I change the car and go back to Honda the setup disappears. Perhaps I have something I can exchange with Like a Nissan R89 Race Car '89 :) very nice drive for the Time Trial going on now.

Last edited:
BTW if anyone is able to give a Honda NSX LM I would be grateful! At the moment I still practice with borrowed Honda on Spa but every time I change the car and go back to Honda the setup disappears. Perhaps I have something I can exchange with Like a Nissan R89 Race Car '89 :) very nice drive for the Time Trial going on now.

Another great write up, thanks, I still haven't decided on another wheel, most of the good ones have clutches, and that seems old hat these days with paddle shift gears becoming the norm in production cars.

I have sent you the LM, I don't need anything in exchange, if there are other cars you want, let me know 👍

Another great write up, thanks, I still haven't decided on another wheel, most of the good ones have clutches, and that seems old hat these days with paddle shift gears becoming the norm in production cars.

I have sent you the LM, I don't need anything in exchange, if there are other cars you want, let me know 👍
Oi yesterday I made again a silly mistake but I corrected on all the post its 135 degrees I use. I been up way to many nights and my wheel is F1 wheel for a sec I thought it made 22,5 degrees more but I looked wrong its 45 degrees, the F1 wheel is more rectangular and it confused me in how much farther it actually moved, it was late and I think my brain needs holiday's.Today I even measured it to make sure :lol it's definitely 135 degrees in total.

And THANKS A LOT for the NSX LM:cheers: she is a sweet ride, nothing better than being in a new model:P;) I enjoyed her from the first lap, I almost broke my old time with her in few laps;):P:sly: . If you look for anything in return just say it ;) but you are probably more on gt6 now than on gt5. Me I will still practice on Bandits time on SPA, that "Bandit" he got some mighty talents :)👍 and if you have any questions about the wheel I use just ask.

I made it to 684th! Not bad for a DS3 user.
that's awesome time man, congratulations :D:cheers::P

Back