Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter Stephen191
  • 212 comments
Report from Road America in a Lambo. It was looking close there for a minute and setting up the final race perfectly but then sean_d(VR) pulled out a fantastic lap at the end and it's now looking very much like he's got League 1 in the bag. Down at the bottom DoR is down and Dpb1975 needs something special to avoid the drop.
In League 2 andy_b pulls out a decent lead, but it's between evans and TrigL for the final spot. At the bottom Masquerada is down, Cxrodent, Matt S and ROSSinHD are all level with one of the three to face the drop.
In League 3 Sundaygloom and MacLean10 should be good for promotion, shed loads of no-shows though mean there could be up to 4 going down.
League 4 sees danoliver1 well in the lead, but there could be lots of promotion slots available because of no-shows.
In the handicapped championship myrdo comes from nowhere to take the win, but molineux1980 hangs in there to keep the championship lead.
In the ballast championship, sean_d(VR) remains in the lead, but Hasslemoff will be lightest going into the final race.
In the team championship, after a minor blip in the previous race, QC Racing are back to their winning ways.

Final race is Nordschleife, let's see if I can even get a valid lap in....

sean_d(VR) takes the final race win to end a fantastic championship and win his first league title. Born2BSlow takes 2nd and Hasslemoff 3rd. Well done to those 3 who are currently unchallenged for those top 3 spots.

In the handicapped championship omnio puts in a good final race and takes the championship from molineux1980 and andy_b.

In the ballast championship, it ends up exactly the same as League 1, with sean_d(VR), Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff. Going to have to tweak the calculations so the rest of us can have a chance in there next season.

In the team championship, QC Racing (Quikcurl, Djbuzz07, Paicey) destroyed everyone before them and took this at a canter.

Some stats for you for the championship.

3631 laps completed.
9242 miles completed, which according to Google Maps is about the same as driving from London to Perth.

Alternative awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 266 laps completed is Twistygit
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 94 invalid laps is Twistygit
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Talkwrench with 164.97 mph in a Lamborghini Huracan
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Talkwrench at Dubai Autodrome
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is omnio at Silverstone National
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is me at Oschersleben - B Course
The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is Born2BSlow with 61 posts
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is Born2BSlow with 559
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Born2BSlow with 19.0% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is danoliver1 who completed 71.3% of the laps he started

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox
Untitled.png

I thought that was a fun little combo, I wasn't very good at it as usual, but fun none the less. After a long battle between Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff, Born2BSlow was out in front, until at the last minute Sean_d(VR) pops up and whips away the win. I believe some strong language may have been used in the Born2BSlow household. Rob returns from his sabbatical to take 4th after a huge 114 laps.
League 2 sees Sundaygloom continue his march to League 1 but there's some quick guys chasing, AllanPRF, MacLean10, TrigL and Dpb1975.
League 3 sees U4IK_ST8 back winning after realising that you're not allowed to tune the car and is quite a way ahead of myrdo.
League 4 is a bit deserted at the moment, but will hopefully fill up with new joiners, Rob the clear leader there.
Don't forget no-shows cleared out after race 3 so there's the potential for mid-championship promotions.
In the handicapped championship, new joiner Ianb-lincs takes the win with myrdo and molineux1980 next in.
In the ballast championship, nothing really to report as the first race is the marker with no 'ballast' applied. I have however increased the ballast calc from 2% to 3% which will hopefully drag the top 3 back into the fold.
In the Team Championship, big news is that QC Racing didn't win and could only manage 3rd. Fast(ish) n Loud take the spoils with The Bandicoots in 2nd.
Next up is Sonoma Raceway in the Lotus Type 51, which is not so much a car, as a wall/barrier seeking manned missile. Could be interesting......

Untitled3.png

The Lotus Type 51, universally hated at the start of the week, slowly won us over and by the end of the week some people were even going as far as to say they "quite liked it".
I was wondering if this might have led to a record number of restarts, and indeed it was quite bad, with us only completing 33% of the laps started, but of course the worst one we've ever had was Nordschleife, where we could only avoid the wrath of the Race Director in 16% of the laps.
Anyway I digress, the winner, by a relatively big margin of 0.3 secs was sean_d(VR), can he pull off the 100% win rate this championship? Hasslemoff comes in 2nd and Djbuzz07 gets himself onto the podium for the first time this championship.
In League 2, Maclean10 takes the points and Sundaygloom pips AllanPRF to second by 0.004 secs.
In League 3, Rob and U4IK_ST8 building up a nice lead for promotion.
In the Handicapped Championship Ianb-lincs takes his second win on the bounce, but sees his handicap tumble from 11.18% at the start to 4.23% now, so life's about to get a lot tougher.
In the Ballast Championship, Djbuzz07 takes advantage of having no virtual 'ballast' and takes the win.
In the Team Championship, QC Racing are back after last week's blip and take the win easily. By the way Skiidmarks are missing a driver, so if you have a handicap of over 3.55% and want to get involved chuck a message to Hasslemoff in the chat.
So back to the modern day for the next challenge with a Honda NSX and don't forget after this race there may be some promotions/demotions if we have no-shows.

Untitled3.png

Report from Hockenheimring Short in a Honda NSX.
First of all congratulations to Maclean10 for becoming a father for the second time, I'm guessing that's going to limit his sim-racing time a tad....
It's half-way so we have our Mid Term No-Show Promotion/Demotions housekeeping.
evans drops down from League 1, and after a 3-way battle between Sundaygloom, AllanPRF and MacLean10 it's Sundaygloom that emerges victorious to take the vacant spot in that League. Rob moves up from League 3 to 2 to replace Sundaygloom.
Brattskeggr drops down from League 2 and U4IK_ST8 moves up to replace him.
In the actual race sean_d(VR) takes the win with a late effort after Born2BSlow nearly stole it from him. So that's 3 from 3 for sean_d meaning a convincing lead with Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff fighting over 2nd place. In the relegation zone it's looking like tuomijr is in trouble and probably Lanius1984 as he seems to have disappeared.
League 2 is where the actions at. Rob, AllanPRF, U4IK_ST8 and Maclean10 all scrapping for 2 promotion slots. Relegation is 2 out of Paicey, Matt S and RossinHD.
League 3 and we have myrdo from omnio but molineux1980 should be right up there after having a bit of a bad race this time round.
Handicapped championship, Ianb-lincs is still out in the lead but is now suffering with his handicap, and myrdo takes the win to catch right up.
Ballast Championship, and Born2BSlow with no ballast takes the win but sean_d(VR) does well to take 2nd with 1.2% ballast. That leaves him in the lead from Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff. It's still the big three well out in front, so I'll be doing some tinkering with the calculation for the next championship to try and give us all a chance in there :-)
The only thing left is the Team championship which my team The Bandicoots WON!
You might notice a common theme that I keep on coming up with formats until I get one that I do ok in :-)
Racer of the week goes to Sean_d(VR) who posted a time so close to a round second (1:04.999690) that some of my website formatting blew up. To be investigated.....
Next race is Brno in a Porsche 918.

Come and join in at www.stoopidchallenges.com, anyone welcome, it's fun, free and we're a friendly bunch.

Untitled.png

sean_d(VR) takes the final race win to end a fantastic championship and was so close to a 100% clean sweep of race victories. Born2BSlow takes 2nd and Djbuzz07 3rd.

In the handicapped championship Ianb-lincs puts in a good final race to take the championship. Extremely tight for 2nd with myrdo taking it from AllanPRF on results countback.

In the ballast championship, it ends up exactly the same as League 1 again, with sean_d(VR), Born2BSlow and Djbuzz07.

In the team championship, The Bandicoots (Mr Stoopid, Sundaygloom, Dpb1975) find their mojo and take the win from QC Racing.

Promotions/Demotions. We have Twistygit and Lanius1984 down from League 1, AllanPRF and U4IK_ST8 up from League 2. Paicey and ROSSinHD down from League 2 and myrdo, Cxrodent and e300vkb up from League 3.

4841 laps completed.
9922 miles completed, which according to Google Maps is about the same as driving from London to the South Pole.

Alternative awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 360 laps completed is myrdo
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 161 invalid laps is Ianb-lincs
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is sean_d(VR) with 175.37 mph in a Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is sean_d(VR) at Brno
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Djbuzz07 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is GT500Cobra at Sonoma Raceway - Short
The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is Sundaygloom with 40 posts
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is AllanPRF with 707
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Hasslemoff with 17.6% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is mikeyb99 who completed 95.3% of the laps he started

Come join us for the new season at www.stoopidchallenges.com, all formats PC/PS4/XBox

Round up of Race 1. The big news, well as big as you can get in a small community of people driving pretend cars around a pretend track, is that Speeddmon91 is back. The second big news is that sean_d(VR) pulled in a last minute lap and beat the unbeatable.

So the top 3 in League 1 are sean_d(VR) and Hasslemoff with AllanPRF 3rd having the highly impressive stats of starting 73 laps and only actually getting to the end of 2 of them. A few no-shows from some regulars in this league, hoping everyone's ok and it's just half-term absences.
In League 2, the newly promoted e300vkb smashes everyone else to take the lead with Maclean10 and then Twistygit.
League 3 has Speeddmon91 well clear, after his sabbatical he needs to work his way back up, but with no-shows I can't imagine that taking too long. evans continues his return to take 2nd.

In the handicapped championship we have L_Master_B taking the win and then Twistygit and sean_d(VR).
Ballast championship is same as the real-time as no ballast applied in the first race.
In the team championship, with some regulars missing, The Bandicoots take it a canter.

In the Office Cubicle Challenge, Plaice beats grandadjim by 0.04 seconds, consigning grandadjim to being on tea duty for the next week (again), or you could penalise Jonah Hill for not turning up and make him do it.

Next race is Cadwell Park in an old(ish) Merc.

sean_d(VR) takes the race win and is setting up for another attempt at the 100% win rate through the championship. Hasslemoff is 2nd again with Born2BSlow 3rd. Down at the bottom of League 1, Quikcurl and U4IK_ST8 are again no-shows, so Sundaygloom and Djbuzz07 could end up in the relegation zone after the round 3 no show clearout.

In League 2, after a few technical 'don't touch the default settings' issues e300vkb pulls off a relatively comfortable win with MacLean10 following. Down at the bottom, presuming Rob gets relegated for no-shows, then Cxrodent and Matt S are in trouble.
In League 3, new joiner edgeofgrip takes the win, but evans stays in the league lead with another 2nd place.

In the Handicapped Championship, Hasslemoff take the win and leaps to the top of the table, with Twistygit and sean_d(VR) close behind.
In the Ballast Championship edgeofgrip and Speckle take advantage of 0 ballast to take the top spots with sean_d(VR) hanging onto the championship lead.
In the Team Championship, we had a lot of absentees, and the Skiidmarks (Hasslemoff, Matt S and SimonOUFCexile) take the win and the championship lead.

In the Office Cubicle Challenge, competition is heating up with over 800 laps started between the 3 of them. grandadjim emerges victorious, despite a last ditch attempt by Plaice, with Jonah Hill 3rd on his first appearance.

Finally, a special shout out to Speckle who after a very long time away comes back with a renewed vigour clocking over 100 completed laps.

Next race is Barcelona in an old Lotus, come and join in at stoopidchallenges.com, all consoles, all levels.

Race 3 Roundup

I don't think we've had a combo where the quick guys were just so way ahead of the rest of us. It looked like Hasslemoff had it with a huge 1.3 seconds lead, until sean_d(VR) did his habitual last minute Wednesday night run and beat him by another 1.3 seconds.

In League 1, sean_d(VR) and Hasslemoff keep up their 100% first/second placings with newly promoted e300vkb leaping into 3rd. Down at the bottom, Quikcurl's pretty much had it, so it's pretty much a 3-way battle between Djbuzz07, Sundaygloom and tuomijr for the last relegation slot.
In League 2, it's perfect consistency with evans, newly promoted Plaice and Maclean10 in 1/2/3 for all 3 races so far. Down at the bottom, Matt S and cxrodent are in trouble.
In League 3 grandadjim is well out in front with edgeofgrip climbing into the other promotion slot.

In the Handicapped Championship, Twistygit takes the win and the championship lead, with Hasslemoff taking a tumble down the table.
In the Ballast Championship, Djbuzz07 takes the win, but it's the big 2 out in front, sean_d(VR) and Hasslemoff, but they're heavy for the next race so let's see if anyone can catch up.
In the Team Championship, QC Racing are back to take the win, but the Bandicoots and Skiidmarks are joint table leaders.

In the cubicle challenge, grandadjim must be wanting to take out Plaice with an office stapler as he does a last minute run to take the win. Again these 2 are putting a huge effort in, with roughly 450 laps started between them.

Next race is Oulton Park in the catchily named Renault Alpine A442B.

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

sean_d wins his 3rd straight championship, again just 1 race off a clean sweep. e300vkb takes 2nd and Hasselmoff 3rd.

In the handicapped championship, myrdo is remarkably consistent and takes the win. Twistygit has a good final race and sneaks 2nd with sean_d 3rd.

In the ballast championship, sean_d (I'm wearing out those keys in my keyboard I type his name so much) wins followed by Hasselmoff and e300vkb.

In the team championship, The Bandicoots (Mr Stoopid, Sundaygloom, Dpb1975) take advantage of a lot of absences and sneek the win, Skiidmarks and Fast(ish) n Loud take the other positions.

Promotions/Demotions. We have tuomijr (only just, Sundaygloom escapes via result countback) and Quikcurl down from League 1, evans and Plaice up from League 2. Matt S (I'll be joining you next season) and cxrodent down from League 2 and edgeofgrip and grandadjim up from League 3.

4448 laps completed.
10804 miles completed, which according to Google Maps is about the same as driving from London to Sydney.

Alternative awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 485 laps completed is Speckle
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 165 invalid laps is Ianb-lincs (twice on the trot he's won this)
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is Maclean with 199.46 mph in a Formula A
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is m7racer at Zhuhai
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is sean_d at Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya GP
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is evans at Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya GP
The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is Born2BSlow (a welcome return to chatty form) with 30 posts
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is tight between the Cubicle Challenge boys but it's Plaice with 1921 over grandadjim on 1904
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Jonah Hill with 6.8% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Thane62 who completed 86.5% of the laps he started

Race Report from Snetterton.

Well sean_d does it again, and a very impressive 0.4 secs ahead of 2nd place. Following him home was e300vkb and then the ultra-competitive duo of Teamsreth and Speckle, who after over 700 attempts between them were separated by 0.003 sec.
So in League 1 that sees sean_d ahead of e300vkb and then Born2BSlow, Djbuzz07 and Hasslemoff level for 3rd. In the relegation zone, Sundaygloom and AllanPRF are down there due to no-shows, with AllanPRF in danger of auto-relegation if he doesn't clock a lap this week, it's a tough regime I'm running here :-)
League 2 throws up a mixed bag of results with no-one really able to do well in both Race 1 and Race 2. Maclean takes the win and the league lead along with Twistygit. 2 points seperate the next 5 places and then in the relegation danger area it's me, TrigL and Quikcurl
League 3 is tight at the top, with Teamsreth, SirBarnabus2nd and Speckle all in the mix.
Handicapped championship sees Speckle take the win and tuomijr does well to keep a strong overall lead.
Ballast championship tweaking does seem to be working with a good mix at the top. Teamsreth wins followed by Maclean and grandadjim, but it's Speckle in the overall lead (just).
Team Championship sees QC Racing back to winning ways and take the overall lead.

Next race is Donington in a Caterham and don't forget to keep logging the laps in the RallyX Challenge.

Race Report from Donington.

sean_d wins followed by Hasslemoff, annoyingly/impressively it only took them 7 laps between them to secure the top 2 places.
In League 1 sean_d is obviously in the lead, maybe this time it could be his clean sweep championship? Hasslemoff makes up some ground on e300vkb for 2nd place. It's tight at the bottom between Plaice, andy_b and Sundaygloom.
In League 2, newly promoted Teamsreth goes straight into the top spot, with Twistygit looking good for 2nd. In the relegation zone, it's me and Quikcurl that are looking doomed.
League 3 has SirBarnabus2nd tied with Speckle for the promotion slots.
Over in the handicapped championship, VampyrByte wins, but tuomijr stays in the overall lead.
In the ballast championship, with an odd number of races completed it's the quick guys in the lead, sean_d etc, the next round when the penalties kick in will give us a more valid picture.
The team championship sees QC Racing continue their return to form.

The last race before Christmas sees us at Sonoma in a Toyota GT-86, good luck.

I'd love to join this challenge but I can't find a place to download pclapupdater. If I follow the first / second link via Google it says that this app is only available for iOS devices. I have a Samsung mobile phone so I have to download it on my laptop.

And no worries that I'll beat you, I think i'll be lowest league filler

I'd love to join this challenge but I can't find a place to download pclapupdater. If I follow the first / second link via Google it says that this app is only available for iOS devices. I have a Samsung mobile phone so I have to download it on my laptop.

And no worries that I'll beat you, I think i'll be lowest league filler

Try this link https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/

Edit.: in the top right hand corner of the page is a drop down menu click on it and will bring a list down where you will see PClapupdater click on that and it brings the links to download it.
If you can't find it click on the chat on the website someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
What Hasslemoff said :-) We have a windows and an IOS version of PCLapUpdater, no Android version I'm afraid. Both available from the menu icon on the website

Hasselmoff and Mark thanks, my bad, I should have made an account first. The program is now succesfully installed, I haven't tested if it communicates with my Playstation but I assume this won't be a problem since Crew Chief works as well

Race Report from Sonoma.

An impressive 30 drivers deserted their families over Christmas and managed to log a lap.

Sean_d keeps his 100% record with over half a second to spare. e300vkb, Hasslemoff and then Born2BSlow who still came 4th despite just sneaking in a single complete lap.
In League 1, sean_d streets ahead and only playing for the pride of his first clean sweep, e300vkb and Hasslemoff fairly settled in 2nd and 3rd. At the bottom Plaice and Sundaygloom sitting in the relegation zone and need to be careful because if they don't log a lap this week they're going all the way down to League 3.
League 2, Teamsreth cements his first place and Twistygit solid for 2nd. At the bottom Quikcurl is looking like he's down, no-shows let me catch up a bit and in with a slim chance of escaping relegation.
League 3, Speckle and SirBarnabus2nd well clear for promotion.
Handicapped championship, the calculation comes to bite tuomijr allowing Twistygit to make up ground.
Ballast championship, new rules are mixing it up a bit, but still sean_d winning......
In the team championship, a bit of hiring and firing sees The Bandicoots up to 1st and Skiidmarks in to 2nd.

Last week of the Championship and 2 races to set a time for, we're off to Daytona in a Dallara and going Rallying in a Civic.

Untitled1.png

Bit of an odd season this one, with the RallyX double race season finale and the Christmas break meaning people didn't have a lot of time available.

But one thing remains constant, sean_d wins his 4th straight championship, this time with his first clean sweep. e300vkb takes 2nd and Hasselmoff 3rd.

In the handicapped championship, tuomijr did enough at the start of the championship to take the win. VampyrByte takes 2nd on results countback from myself.

In the ballast championship, we finally have a new winner that isn't sean_d. Speckle takes the win from sean_d followed by Teamsreth.

In the team championship, The Bandicoots (Mr Stoopid, SirBarnabus2nd, Dpb1975) take a convincing win Skiidmarks and QC Racing take the other positions.

Promotions/Demotions.
We have Plaice and Sundaygloom down from League 1 (and under no-show they are all the way down to League 3)
Teamsreth and Twistygit up from League 2.
Quikcurl and grandadjim (on results countback) down from League 2
Speckle and VampyrByte up from League 3, with SirBarnabus2nd and Ianb-lincs also up because of no-show demotions.

4885 laps completed.
9768 miles completed, which according to Google Maps is about the same as driving from London to the South Pole.

Alternative awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 546 laps completed is Speckle (twice on the trot now)
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 155 invalid laps is Dpb1975
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is TrigL with 173.08 mph in a Dallara IR-12 Chevrolet (Road Course)
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is Twistygit at Ruapuna Park Club (by quite a considerable margin, maybe he got cramp in his left foot)
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Hasslemoff at Daytona International Speedway
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is VampyrByte at Lydden Hill Rallycross
The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is Born2BSlow (twice on the bounce) with 33 posts
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started by a large margin is Speckle with 1467
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Hasselmoff with 18.4% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Dpb1975 who completed 69.9% of the laps he started

I joined the new season today. Have to say that the Time Trial mode let's you appreciate the game even more as it takes way more time to get to the max of the car as in other games. As expected, especially with the car and track combination I got nowhere near a good time although I might give it another crack later today as my potential time would put me around place 20 instead of 28

I actually felt a little proud after climbing to place 20 in the week 1 event and when I felt I was quite on my limit I decided to give week 2 and week 3 a shot. Cadwell resulted in a huge amount of invalidated laps but finally I did manage a decent lap. The Merc at Knockhill is a straight disaster.

These time trials do remember me why I turn track limits off in my custom races, boy are they tight. For time trials this is good but for racing they still seem to be impossible. Especially since they don't hold into account if you gain any time.

Belated Race Report from Ruapuna Park.

Not quite a record amount of drivers but a huge amount of laps completed, 2174, with kev7whyte and Ianb-lincs individually clocking up over 200 laps.

As per normal, we have sean_d leading the pack, with Hasslemoff and e300vkb following, but also a good effort from Teamsreth to grab 4th.
So in League 1, we have the above mentioned in the top 4 and a couple of no-shows, Djbuzz07 and evans at the bottom.
League 2, Speckle and VampyrByte in the promotion slots and no-shows SirBarnabus2nd and edgeofgrip in the relegation area.
League 3, We have kev7whyte and grandadjim in the promition slots. We have far too many people, 17, in league 3 so we could be looking at opening up a League 4, watch this space.
Handicapped championship, oldmodelt takes the win with kev7whyte and grandadjim in 2nd and 3rd.
In the team championship, We have Skiidmarks from Fast(ish) n Loud and newcomers The Brake Dancers.

Next race is at Cadwell Park in an Audi A1.

Belated Race Report from Cadwell Park.

Loads of drivers took part and loads of laps completed, going to make my total laps completed google maps thingy at the end of the championship interesting. The Cadwell Park Race Director had got out the wrong side of bed, especially at that chicaney bit at the end leading to over half the laps completed being invalid.

sean_d wins again, but he had to work for this one, it took him 53 laps and only sneaked it by 0.006 secs from e300vkb. Teamsreth takes 4th.
So in League 1, sean_d winning, e300vkb moves to 2nd and Hasslemoff and Teamsreth joint 3rd. Djbuzz07 turns up and so avoids the possibility of a no-show relegation but I think evans is no longer playing :-(
League 2, Speckle and VampyrByte take 1 and 2 again and no-show relegation imminent for SirBarnabus2nd and edgeofgrip.
League 3, We have kev7whyte and grandadjim in the promotion slots, but inthebagbud makes ground.
Handicapped championship, Teamsreth takes the win but kev7whyte takes his second 2nd place to take a considerable lead overall.
In the Ballast Championship, it's really close with 4 points separating the top 6, but it's e300vkb from Born2BSlow and Maclean.
In the team championship, The Bandicoots with the help of new member Ianb-lincs, take 1st place and are level with Skiidmarks for the overall lead.

Next race is Knockhill in a diabolical Mercedes, sorry about that....

Race Report from Knockhill.

First of all well done to all those that persevered with that awful Mercedes AMG C63 (aka 'The Boat'). The random nature of this site does occasionally throw up an unbearable combo like this so the fact that we still put in nearly 2000 laps is an achievement.

It's 'No-Show' clearout time. evans, SirBarnabus2nd and edgeofgrip drop out, Speckle goes up to League 1 and kev7whyte, inthebagbud and grandadjim go up to League 2.

So the big news is the all conquering sean_d was short of time this week and could only put in a marker lap, leaving e300vkb to take the win with Speckle 2nd and Djbuzz07 3rd.
e300vkb takes the League 1 lead from sean_d and then there's a cluster of 4 drivers fighting for 3rd, Hasslemoff, Born2BSlow, Teamsreth and Speckle. At the sad end of the table Twistygit looks to be continuing his relegation to League 2/promoted back to League 1 boomerang and andy_b is down there too.
League 2, VampyrByte and kev7whyte take 1 and 2 again and look clear for promotion, relegation is a 4-way battle betwee myself, tuomijr, TrigL and Dpb1975.
League 3, We have Sundaygloom and SniperAsh6 clear for promotion, but Paicey hauls himself closer. Kamikaze_Chris and Katana_Blade in the relegation slots.
League 4 has ROSSinHD and oldmodelt in the promo slots but new joiner A_Chalk_Outline takes the win and could potentially catch up.
Handicapped championship, Djbuzz07 takes the win and kev7whyte keeps the lead overall but people are catching.
In the Ballast Championship, Speckle takes the win and it is e300vkb from Speckle and Teamsreth overall.
In the team championship, Skiidmarks take 1st place and are going to take some catching by The Brake Dancers and The Bandicoots.

Next race is Snetterton in a Nissan Skyline.

Race Report from Snetterton.

Another good turn out with 35 drivers and over 2000 laps completed, with the combo being stubbornly difficult to get right.

In sean_d's absence e300vkb put in a tremendous time and sneaked the win from Speckle by 0.06 secs to make it 2 wins on the trot. So e300vkb is now a convincing 10 points clear in League 1 from Hasslemoff and Speckle. Down at the bottom I'm afraid andy_b and Twistygit are almost certain of relegation.
In League 2 kev7whyte takes the win ahead of VampyrByte and those 2 are well clear for promotion. The relegation battle is where it's all happening with 5 drivers seperated by 3 points with myrdo putting himself in the mix with a 'no-show'. If I was a betting man though I'd say it's going to be myself and Dpb1975 that go down.
In League 3, Sundaygloom takes the win from King-Kodiak and it's Sundaygloom and SniperAsh6 looking set for promotion. At the bottom it's 2 from 3 between Cxrodent, Katana_Blade and Kamikaze_Chris.
In League 4 it's the tale of the new joiners, Mushypee wins from Tintop and the returning edgeofgrip. For the promotion though it's ROSSinHD clearly out in front, but oldmodelt's 'no-show' leaves 2nd place open.
In the Handicapped championship, garyellerby takes the win but kev7whyte continues to put in great results and is now 13 points clear with 2 races to go.
In the Ballast championship Djbuzz07 wins, and it is Born2BSlow in the overall lead just ahead of e300vkb.
In the Team Championship, Skiidmarks were well ahead of everyone else, and are now well clear in the table having won 3 of the 4 races.

And so for the penultimate race we wander over to Dubai and head back to the '80s in a Lotus Type 98T Renault Turbo.

Untitled2.png

Race Report from Dubai.

Another good turn out with 36 drivers. The Lotus and the track were a hard combo to get right and this resulted in the biggest spread of times I think we've ever seen, with a nearly 20 second gap between first and last. Also we were bailing out of 67% of laps that we started as compared to normally where it's about 30-40%.

In League 1, e300vkb left it late, only getting the first place with an hour to go, Hasslemoff and Speckle getting 2nd and 3rd. League 1 spots are pretty much sorted going into the last race with e300vkb from Hasslemoff and Speckle, with andy_b and Twistygit heading down.
In League 2, kev7whyte takes his second win on the trot, and himself and VampyrByte clear for the promotion slots. In the relegation area it's 2 from 3 between myself, Dpb1975 and tuomijr.
In League 3, Sundaygloom and SniperAsh6 are well clear for promotion, Cxrodent and Kamikaze_Chris heading down.
In League 4, RossinHD definitely promoted, but it's a lot tighter for the final slot between A_Chalk_Outline, molineux1980 and oldmodelt.
In the Handicapped Championship, A_Chalk_Outline wins the race but kev7whyte keeps the lead overall.
In the Ballast Championship, it's e300vkb out in front, but Born2BSlow could nick it yet carrying less ballast into the final race.
In the Team Championship, The Brake Dancers, after a few team member tweakages, have seemingly found the dream team and have won 3 on the trot and look unbeatable for the championship.

Final race of the Season is Bathurst (wahoo) in a Ford Falcon (hmmm, not so sure)

Untitled2.png

I'm curious about Bathurst. Always have to lower the AI here a lot while losing a lot of time in sector 2. Good chance to compare my sector time to see if it's really me. And to get some practice of course.

Was quite satisfied to where I got with a controller in a rather difficult car at Dubai.

Untitled1.png

End of Championship Report.

It's a dominant League Championship win for e300vkb with Hasslemoff hanging onto 2nd from Speckle.
Djbuzz07 wins the Handicapped Championship, jumping ahead of kev7whyte in the final race, e300vkb takes 3rd.
In the Ballast Championship, Born2BSlow takes the victory with a great final race, e300vkb and Teamsreth take the final honours.
In the Team Championship, The Brake Dancers are completely dominant, with Skiidmarks and The Bandicoots making up the numbers.

It is with great regret that I have to demote the almost invincible sean_d under no-show rules, but hopefully he'll be back soon and be a bit more careful on a bleeding snowboard from now on. Twistygit and andy_b go down to League 2.
VampyrByte, kev7whyte and grandadjim (only just on countback) go up to League 1. The demotion battle was mad, I clocked up 600 attempted laps trying to avoid it, went off to table tennis on Wednesday night as a relegated man, came back and somehow other people's lap times had got me out of jail. Anyway, in the end, it's myrdo and Dpb1975 who go down to League 3
SniperAsh6, Sundaygloom and StanvanAsten go up to League 2 and Kamikaze_Chris and Cxrodent go down to League 4.
Munchie, A_Chalk_Outline and molineux1980 (again in countback) go up to League 3.

10444 laps completed.
13674 miles completed, and we've now broken my Google Maps from here to here measurement as we've gone over half way around the world!

After all that preamble it's on to the main event, the Stoopid Challenges Alternative Awards, like the Oscars but without the sparkly dresses, well I'm presuming so, but who am I to judge.

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 1479 laps completed is kev7whyte (first time anyone has gone over 1000)
The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 580 invalid laps is kev7whyte
The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is A_Chalk_Outline with 195.20 mph in a Lotus Type 98T Renault Turbo
The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is King-Kodiak at Knockhill - International Reverse
The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is sean_d at Ruapuna Park Outer Loop
The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is e300vkb at Dubai Autodrome - GP
The "Flappy Lips" award for most posts in the chatroom during the championship is Speckle with 66 posts
The "I love that Restart button" award for most laps started is kev7whyte with 2618
The "Quest for perfection" award for bailing out of laps is Maskmagog with only 7.9% of laps started actually completed
The "Ploughing on Regardless" award for keeping on going is Katana_Blade who completed 85.9% of the laps he started

Back