Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,400 comments
A 35 minute, 15-lap session this evening yielded me a 1.13.6xx after being stuck on a 14.4xx for many, many laps with some really easy time to make up and an optimal reading teasing me at 13.5. The required consistency to match it completely eluded me.

Jumped in without watching any ghosts or online video guides, relying on my knowledge of the track (not good) and getting a feeling for the car on the fly. I ended up learning much more about both then I expected.

Slow in, fast out is the name of the game here and those Sports Hards are gonna teach you everything about controlled sliding.

Really fun in the end, but my sweat and frustration means the next time I drive this car, it'll be in my terms.
Well done on this,I could only knock a couple of hundredths of my time,am now on 2:14.789, after another half an hour,

yeh frustrating but quite fun learning how to handle these tyres on this car.

Been a while since I last posted here.
This is going to be tough pill to swallow!!! Hopefully can get into the gold time later this evening. For some reason I am faster on the PS4 version of the game using the Dualsense as compared to PS5 version with G29 / Dualsense.

1860b60db7154-screenshotUrl.jpg

Er...well there is BOP, so using a rental car shouldn't be much different.
(though admittedly I only used rental as well, with 2:13 seemingly the ceiling for me)

Also, I just had a look, and I'm already hard and excited :drool: Widebody prohibition means it's gonna be a road-going car, and with slicks even!

I hope it'll be a Japanese rear-wheel drive...any Mazda, Supra...or AE86, anyone??

sat.png

Last edited:
Er...well there is BOP, so using a rental car shouldn't be much different.
(though admittedly I only used rental as well, with 2:13 seemingly the ceiling for me)

Also, I just had a look, and I'm already hard and excited :drool: Widebody prohibition means it's gonna be a road-going car, and with slicks even!

I hope it'll be a Japanese rear-wheel drive...any Mazda, Supra...or AE86, anyone??

View attachment 1227531
Pretty sure it always says widebody prohibited. I'm guessing gr.2.

I have no idea what BoP means other than “Burden of Proof” and I know that’s not what it means…
Balance of Performance.

Pretty sure it always says widebody prohibited. I'm guessing gr.2.
I am guessing you're right. Typically, when it's RH tires it's Gr3 or Gr4; when it's RM tires, it's Gr2. PD can be so predictable sometimes. But, I hope they prove me wrong as I am not a fan of the Gr2 cars.

Last edited:
I’m not liking how Serrano has improved to below 2:11
My best time is a 2:16.5, and I’m dangerously close to dropping out of the silver medal bracket

Balance of Performance.

I am guessing you're right. Typically, when it's RH tires it's Gr3 or Gr4; when it's RM tires, it's Gr2. PD can be so predictable sometimes. But, I hope they prove me wrong as I am not a fan of the Gr2 cars.
I like Gr3 and 4 also more, but if i look back at the TT's i had such a blast at Interlagos with the GTR, it was very fast!
and i could set a nice secure gold time, as long as it isn't GR1 i'm fine with it :lol: :lol:

I cannot accept gold going below 1:14 and news about next TT like that in the same update of my forum feeder....
Simply not!

now I start holding my breath and throwing tantrums like a child until everything is brought back to normal

:P

snc

Imo will be rather hard ;)

Puuuh 😮
Looks damn fast 🚀 and fully electric hopefully Elon was not behind this …so no Gold for mortal’s this time.
Anyway I just bought it (2mio) and give it a go immediately 🤩😎

Update
Guys …I’am shocked 😳…the sound is annoying and there is NO transmission 😭🤮 feels like slot car driving from the old days.
I guess I sunk 2Mio right into the closet 🧻🚽

Last edited:
Welp, hopefully I can improve a tenth or two, currently in danger of losing gold 🥶🥶 A Japanese alien decided to beat Serrano lol.

I am no fan of EVs, but ID.R is probably one of the few I like, that one and Porsche Taycan. Taycan is such a boat lol 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_210430111_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230201_210430111_HDR.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yeah I feel like there is a tenth to find at most, but it is very tough to do that. Not worth it from a cost (in terms of time spent)-benefit viewpoint. After around 30 more minutes managed this. 0,186 seconds below gold time, hopefully enough 🤞 Just 11 hours or so left.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_213908382_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230201_213908382_HDR.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back