Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,483 comments
Last night on this one. Trying to improve my best 1:27.9** and getting good first two sectors and for some reasons can't nail third sector tonight.

1872edc583b53-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

1872edc7f6d30-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I guess I tempted fate with my “ooh I knocked out a 28.5 easily after switching tunes, I bet there’s more to come” post from yesterday. It still feels like there could be but I’m just banging my head against a wall at this point. I managed another couple of 28.5s tonight and had an optimum time a couple of tenths under, but I can’t string it together. When you keep crashing before the start line it’s probably time to call it a day.

Still pleased with that time overall though, it’s better than I’ve managed in previous TTs.

How anyone is getting a 26 is honestly beyond me. Super impressive, and totally incomprehensible from where I’m sitting.

Yeah, no way those aliens are taking this gold away from me! 😤💪 Went from 1.28.787 to 1.28.551, just to be more safe. I am gonna try sdi_03's setup just to see how it is, I did this lap with Kie's setup still. I think this is probably enough, would be rare to see a gold time drop by 0,4 or more sec in last 24 hrs, don't think that will happen. Luckily the 1.31 update is released after the current TT is finished, since I think it will make the physics easier, so that you will be able to go quicker 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20230329_231610866_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230329_231610866_HDR.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 7
Almost 400km today without improvement. My thumbs are aching.
Going to settle with 1:28.218
Third consecutive gold, that's satisfying. Oh and first time in top 1000. Nice.
That's all down to this forum and the tunes published here.

Thanks to all the tuners!

I am still trying! Found some rhythm again today and a few new lines so I think a 1:27.2xx is possible and I am going to fight until the bitter end to get it!
I was wrong. I’m done. I’m tired. I did 1300 miles in this time trial. My feet are sore, my hands are sore. I didn’t get a 1:27.2xx….. I got a 1:27.123! I AM FLIPPING ECSTATIC!!

Thanks again @sdi_03 for your tune, in the end brake balance +1 was the key. I actually made a poor start to the lap but absolutely aced the second half. Another day and I think I might have tickled the 1:26s so thank you again!

9295C41D-EA41-48E0-82FE-7EA51972E338.jpeg

Here is the lap if anyone is interested.. I even managed to mount a sausage mid lap 😂😂

I feel happy for you guys over the past 16 time trials who have achieved gold, it would be nice if I could get one, :(

I managed to get in the 1'34.000 group using Kie's tune-up. It was very pleasant to drive but to be honest I did not put enough time and effort here. The first U-turn kept killing my time, the Corkscrew gave me troubles and the last turn always got me, because I didn't find the right driving lines. I just wish I could get a gold or even a silver medal. I even watch replays of some of the best top drivers and still I can't copy/stay with the trick/idea of the track.

I'm about ready to throw our PS5 out the window and set fire to any Mustangs I see in the neighborhood! :D

I'm still stuck with my 1:28.8x that is now 3.07% 😡 You would think that getting an extra .2 or even just .1 of a second should be relatively easy but no... Best times today are all in the 1:29.1 territory with many a lap in the 1:30s.. Whatever wizardry I found to get my original 1:28.8.. time I appear to have lost... Guess I will be at this tonight until the timer runs out. Being so close to gold and not getting it will seriously irk me.

I feel happy for you guys over the past 16 time trials who have achieved gold, it would be nice if I could get one, :(

I managed to get in the 1'34.000 group using Kie's tune-up. It was very pleasant to drive but to be honest I did not put enough time and effort here. The first U-turn kept killing my time, the Corkscrew gave me troubles and the last turn always got me, because I didn't find the right driving lines. I just wish I could get a gold or even a silver medal. I even watch replays of some of the best top drivers and still I can't copy/stay with the trick/idea of the track.

Don't watch the leader replays. They are unattainable for most people and just demoralizing. Instead, go to the showcase and search for a replay that is a second or two faster than yours and save that to your collection. You can watch their replay and learn and then load up that replay as your ghost and chase it down. Once you match it and improve your time you can then search for another reply that is faster but still an attainable goal, such as one that is around the 5% mark and chase that. Doing that you are more likely to attach Silver.

Last edited:
I guess I tempted fate with my “ooh I knocked out a 28.5 easily after switching tunes, I bet there’s more to come” post from yesterday. It still feels like there could be but I’m just banging my head against a wall at this point. I managed another couple of 28.5s tonight and had an optimum time a couple of tenths under, but I can’t string it together. When you keep crashing before the start line it’s probably time to call it a day.

Still pleased with that time overall though, it’s better than I’ve managed in previous TTs.

How anyone is getting a 26 is honestly beyond me. Super impressive, and totally incomprehensible from where I’m sitting.
I can’t find 0.1 and yet they’ve found 2.66-seconds over me lol

I had one final attempt to top my best today. Nope. Just frustration. I had one lap where I was up by over 2 tenths on my fastest time, only to completely botch the final corner and turn in waaay too late. :banghead: I blame the spike in my heart rate and adrenaline. My optimal lap of 1:27.430 never came to fruition. Instead, I am most certainly going to drop out of the top 200 (currently sitting at 188) before the end of the event, much like how I dropped out of the top 500 (505) at Daytona in the waning hour.

Oh, and if I ever find myself out west even remotely near this track, I'm bringing out every tool known to man to ground down that damn turn 6 sausage curb! :lol: That thing bit me so many more times than the corkscrew ever could.

I may as well not even bother with watching the aliens replays because I cannot replicate/copy what they do. It's just impossible. Sigh.
Maybe they have had many more years of driving experience than me, idk.

Last edited:
I had one final attempt to top my best today. Nope. Just frustration. I had one lap where I was up by over 2 tenths on my fastest time, only to completely botch the final corner and turn in waaay too late. :banghead: I blame the spike in my heart rate and adrenaline. My optimal lap of 1:27.430 never came to fruition. Instead, I am most certainly going to drop out of the top 200 (currently sitting at 188) before the end of the event, much like how I dropped out of the top 500 (505) at Daytona in the waning hour.

Oh, and if I ever find myself out west even remotely near this track, I'm bringing out every tool known to man to ground down that damn turn 6 sausage curb! :lol: That thing bit me so many more times than the corkscrew ever could.
Curse that last turn! It’s NEVER an issue unless you’re up on time! Then your brain says “hey don’t mess this up” 😂

Maybe they have had many more years of driving experience than me
Ding ding ding. This event is open to everyone who wants to play, worldwide, for two weeks. Think about that. These people could be legitimate race car drivers in real life or it’s been a hobby for decades and the dedicate lots of time.
Don’t chase the aliens Chris. Chase a faster and faster lap. Chase against people like me who’s full effort is going to land a silver by less than a tenth. You wouldn’t be let down if you tried out for an NFL team and didn’t make the cut, so don’t sweat it lol

I have eaten so much sausage (curb) over the past two weeks that I've gained 10lbs (4.5kg). Additionally, my physican has diagnosed me with chronic traction loss. I think it's time to stop.

1:27.803
Any more room for straddlers in club 1:27?

I was stuck in the low 1:28s for a while and got so desperate that I dragged my T300RS out of its dark corner. The DS4 has been my weapon of choice for months because of a wrist injury that arose suspiciously during long GT7 grinding sessions under high forcefeedback loads.

The wheel got me into the 1:27.9s, but I quickly matched the time with the DS4 then stayed with that. The bonus was that I realized I could now run longer than 20 minutes without my wrist bursting into flames. I will definitely take using the wheel occasionally versus never.

Then I applied @sdi_03's tune...

This tune made the Mustang significantly less annoying to drive - more planted and more predictable. On top of that, I used countersteer on strong. Again that made the car even less annoying to drive. I think the assist made me more consistent rather than faster.

sdi_03's tune really is magical in making the Mustang less awful. I really would not be surprised if the drop in top times recently is from several aliens finding this very tune.

Seeing @Dolph Drago 's time in my friends list also gave me an extra push.

Great showing from everyone who participated!

Yes! With 3 hours to go. I’m banking on the Japanese not improving the lead tonight. I think I’m done.
886F9C3A-C461-42AF-B13E-B5F5A6C75949.jpeg

Now to try the same on my alt account.

EDIT. Got the alt account to 3.x% Good enough for the 1m cr and then spent time playing Mario Cart on the Wii with my son. That was more rewarding that lapping Laguna Seca for the 200th time. 😁

Last edited:
I was wrong. I’m done. I’m tired. I did 1300 miles in this time trial. My feet are sore, my hands are sore. I didn’t get a 1:27.2xx….. I got a 1:27.123! I AM FLIPPING ECSTATIC!!

Thanks again @sdi_03 for your tune, in the end brake balance +1 was the key. I actually made a poor start to the lap but absolutely aced the second half. Another day and I think I might have tickled the 1:26s so thank you again!

View attachment 1243730

Here is the lap if anyone is interested.. I even managed to mount a sausage mid lap 😂😂

Great, congratulations! You had a heck of a lap

View attachment 1243730

Thats insane Dan, what a lap, you could be well in the 26's if you had time!
Congratulations on that place 52!, that's realy close to the Epic Alien not of this world dudes.....

We here by declare that you are indeed one of them, not partial, but place 52 if 100% Alien mate.

Freaking great job! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And to all others, I think this TT showed more dedication from alot of you, I have a full quite fast leaderboard, nice to see this competition, I have hammerd Laguna and learned alot, reached my goal of 27's.

This one was fun!, onto the next !

Oh wow. Just barely in gold after finally getting my PB below 29 last night. Hoping my 28.847 will hold :)
Mistyped and actually was at 28.837 while the gold cutoff dropped below that twice yesterday.

I didn't think I could improve my PB much, but it wouldn't let me go. After struggling for days with grip and setting up the right build I only started fiddling between TCS 0 and 1 two days ago and getting the .837 with TCS 1 felt like cheating as I hardly ever use it. Super stoked with my final 28.69X after a hopelessely tired 1 hour stint. Taking gold with TCS off on second lap after a 10 minute break felt really rewarding. Glad I pushed through.

Kudos to everyone taking part. Getting in the 28s felt like quite a feat to me, so 27 and below feels mind boggingly quick :)

Back