Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,330 comments
Did you by any chance install larger/wider rims to the RCR Civic you bought? I did and it caused me not to be able to turn the steering wheel all the way which resulted in significantly slower lap times.
Oh my. That's why I love this forum :D As soon as I bought the Civic, I loaded some livery that obviously has couple of changes, rims etc. But I cannot drive it, literally won't turn, I struggled to go under 1:04 which is ridiculous. When I come home from work today, first thing to do is revert the car to stock and give it another go :)

I probably won’t film anything, I don’t go round quickly.. just for fun 😁 if I put a few corners together nicely I’m happy, it’s such a huge risk to go fast there 🙃

Last time I went I took an Audisteer wagon 🤪

SORRY MODS 😇

TIME TRIAL SHIZ: Dragon Trail done. A few laps in and I remember how much I dislike this place; almost every corner equals inconsistent death for me especially in the unpredictable meta… but we got a 1:37.xxx and that’ll do. I’ve uploaded the ghost? I think? If anyone wants to chase me (I genuinely don’t know how to do that lol).
I'm jaleouse of 2 things here, ...

A:....... "the i don't like the track at all and casually put in a 37.....
B:....... Riding the old lady on the Nordschleife, ( i mean the car Dan, come on! not the girl ) :lol: :lol:

Have fun and drive save!, no throwing civic-style! :lol:

I started with a run with the Tsukuba ...thing...

"We found an old Civic in my grandma's barn, fitted a truckturbo on and we just..... let is loose?"
what the hell is this thing :lol:, it is just weird to drive.
Golded it immidiately this morning by enter al corners in 1th and power out in 3th :lol::lol:
Not my cup of thee boys, this is gold it and move on to the ring.

18adfb5814991-screenshotUrl.jpg

Then went to the green hell, god i love that track, it is just magic, but boy .....what a difference it is to yeet a FWD car around it, i have no idea how to treat the civic, some corners i think, woooww..... it just pulls out so hard and i gain 0.5 second out of a single corner, then the next corner i'm to hot in and have to lift to prevent lawnmowing....., and there is a lot of grass here.......
i think i did 6? laps this morning and 2 were valid, the rest was red.
I think the gold here is not the real problem, but i have no faith in that 7.44 yet :lol::lol:

A lot to learn with the civic!

Love it!, tricky!, but a real challenge for me!

18adfb5da478-screenshotUrl.jpg

ohhhhh, how beautiful are these TTs

Tsukuba: the car is a drag racing tractor. As soon as the turbo goes in the steering wheel disconnects and the car goes straight! It will be fun to find the right compromise in opening the throttle.
But where do you buy this car? I haven't figured it out.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 08.48.27.jpeg

Ring: the car is very pleasant to drive. I only did 3 laps, with the goal of putting in a good benchmark lap. The track limits are very restrictive, and rightly so, given the "rank" so particular to this TT.
My problem with the ring is that inside the lap I don't always have the lucidity to remember the turns that are coming, so I know there are several points where you can dare more, even with little risk, but I can't necessarily recognize them inside the lap before the turn comes. So in many sections of the track I am more cautious than I would like to be.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 08.47.59.jpeg

Side note:
both times are done with the default liveries, so at least a half-second at Tsukuba and a good 5 seconds at the Ring I pick them up as soon as I change it

It's really amazing to see your runs guys. I'm new (~50h) to the game (not the franchise) and I have so much to improve...

I'll copy/paste from my post at "what did you do today" topic since I'd like some input:

I only did sport mode: First I received 500k from Catalunya and Movie TTs. Then I gave a try to Dragon Trail for fourth or fifth day and... yes! 9,3% should be good for another bronze. I don't think I can improve to silver, so I'm done with this, also because... I did the SEMA Civic TT and I LOVED it. I get some people will hate it but it's right up my alley, only did 3 laps and my time was good for 7,1%. I'll keep trying, this might be my first silver or even gold 😲. Then I finally signed up for the Nurburgring TA with yet another Civic and boy I loved it too. Even if I am familiar with the layout, I haven't even unlocked the track in single player mode and it is so long I decided to do a slow (9 min) lap just to set a time. It's a long event so I will try to improve for sure. But... How do you even learn a track like this??

It's really amazing to see your runs guys. I'm new (~50h) to the game (not the franchise) and I have so much to improve...

I'll copy/paste from my post at "what did you do today" topic since I'd like some input:

I only did sport mode: First I received 500k from Catalunya and Movie TTs. Then I gave a try to Dragon Trail for fourth or fifth day and... yes! 9,3% should be good for another bronze. I don't think I can improve to silver, so I'm done with this, also because... I did the SEMA Civic TT and I LOVED it. I get some people will hate it but it's right up my alley, only did 3 laps and my time was good for 7,1%. I'll keep trying, this might be my first silver or even gold 😲. Then I finally signed up for the Nurburgring TA with yet another Civic and boy I loved it too. Even if I am familiar with the layout, I haven't even unlocked the track in single player mode and it is so long I decided to do a slow (9 min) lap just to set a time. It's a long event so I will try to improve for sure. But... How do you even learn a track like this??
I would say the best way to learn it normally is doing the circuit experience, just sector after sector, that is by far the best way to see where you realy have to push and where you can ease a bit.
But if you haven't unlocked it yet i would say the best thing you can do is watching a few replays from the other guys, and maby load a ghost from one of us, and we have a lot of different times and gost to fallow.

But not the easiest track to learn without the CE mate! but i think we are all willing to help you in the best way we can.
so upload your video's and we can give some advice,

What time are you aiming for right now, then we no what ghost we can find for you :)

I would say the best way to learn it normally is doing the circuit experience, just sector after sector, that is by far the best way to see where you realy have to push and where you can ease a bit.
But if you haven't unlocked it yet i would say the best thing you can do is watching a few replays from the other guys, and maby load a ghost from one of us, and we have a lot of different times and gost to fallow.

But not the easiest track to learn without the CE mate! but i think we are all willing to help you in the best way we can.
so upload your video's and we can give some advice,

What time are you aiming for right now, then we no what ghost we can find for you :)
At the Nurburgring TA I'm aiming at bronze. At the SEMA Civic TT at silver since I'm already 7% and feel really comfortable with the car, also since it's such a short track, I learned it with just a few laps.

How can save/upload a ghost? I took a look at the online manual but it has now search option.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited:

Like all circuits after a few hundred laps, you can even do a lap in your head before sleeping as if you were counting sheep ;)

Maybe try activating the trajectory line and cones for a few laps

Last edited:
After get 2 golds in RBR and Catalunya I decide to attack japanese !!!🤣🤣 with little test in new TT Tsukuba with 40 kms and get gold with 1'01'853 with optimal time at 1'01'7xx.

1695976335004527135756721568117.jpg

This afternoon I will attack the very long and tough Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit and why not return to the Dragon Trail to try to go under 1'39 (1'39'044) with the Porsche

If I'm on a lap that will improve my best time, I do 1 small thing............

As I pass the start/finish line, I slam onto the horn of my Civic car. The horn is pathetic (as if a Tuk-Tuk horn) but the horn is to let the marshals & pit crew in the pits know of my intent to go even faster!

I'm loving the new time trials.

Tsukuba is such a short track, but there is always lots of time to be gained by tweaking your lines. I managed a solid Gold time after about 30 laps, with all of a sudden a half second improvement over my previous best time. I could possibly shave a few tenths off, but I am near my limit.

Suzuka - I put together a few scruffy laps, which are barely representative of what I can ultimately do, so was very surprised to see that I was half a second under the current gold time.

Ring - I spent a LOT of time racing Gr4 around there in GT Sport lobbies. This car is not a million miles away from Gr4 performance, although it does not stop as well. Currently in silver, but I know that gold is possible when I get a good clean lap in. Its a challenge though. Last time there was a time trial around here I don't think I managed to gold it, but this is more to my liking.

Last edited:
zjn
ohhhhh, how beautiful are these TTs

Tsukuba: the car is a drag racing tractor. As soon as the turbo goes in the steering wheel disconnects and the car goes straight! It will be fun to find the right compromise in opening the throttle.
But where do you buy this car? I haven't figured it out.

View attachment 1290875
You can buy the car in Brand Central. It's in the American section rather than Japan, as it's under the tuning company Garage RCR.

Can you run Suzuka AND the Ring from the same account? Isn't it age limited?
I am in both with the same account.
The questionnaire that popped up was an annoyance, the first time ('ring) I answered properly, but the 2nd time it came up (for Suzuka) I just clicked randomly on the answers including the age thing because I was quite annoyed. Now I am accidently in the Under 17 year old category - when I can barely remember being that sort of age. Ooops.

Last edited:

Many of us learned track by driving it over and over again until you learn it by heart. Practice makes perfect.
What else can help you are videos. Gomario posted a video of real lap, scroll back and watch it. And also go in game and watch the replay of lead drivers, since it's benefitial to abuse gears in game to gain some seconds, watch and learn how to shift on this very TT.
Lastly, when you want to really study into details, use some video editing app, it can be on phone, put a lap of world record and your lap next to each other and watch difference in detail so you know where you can gain some time. Example from video.
1000014179.png

Mates are we all sure we're on Sports Hards for the Nurburgring TT?????? Is this is the best grip ever gotten from a Sports Hard tyre ever? Even if I kind of go a little fast into the entry of a corner, I lift off the gas & the grip is so good I can get back on to the racing line without the usage of brakes. It's just so astounding to build confidence in this TT.
I highly suspect this car has some kind of down force. 🤔

Many of us learned track by driving it over and over again until you learn it by heart. Practice makes perfect.
What else can help you are videos. Gomario posted a video of real lap, scroll back and watch it. And also go in game and watch the replay of lead drivers, since it's benefitial to abuse gears in game to gain some seconds, watch and learn how to shift on this very TT.
Lastly, when you want to really study into details, use some video editing app, it can be on phone, put a lap of world record and your lap next to each other and watch difference in detail so you know where you can gain some time. Example from video.
View attachment 1290914
What app do you use?

Was about to say this same, also have noticed that if you do any changes, it will slow th car down.
So dont do any engine, weigth, etc mods to a car that you want to use in TTs.
Engine changes and other visual mods shouldn't affect the car's performance at all because of BoP? I do this all the time and never noticed any difference. You can even see in Car Settings that everything is greyed out and the specs and the parts are all reverted back to original - changes are purely cosmetic. BUT. Larger/wider rims can physically prevent you from turning the steering wheel all the way. The front wheels get stuck. Adjusting suspension settings can solve this but because of BoP it's not possible, so smaller rims it is.
1:00.711 for now. My best OPT was.570 so might go back on this one. :cheers:
Nice time mate! I'll try to catch you later. ;)

Last edited:
Engine changes and other visual mods shouldn't affect the car's performance at all because of BoP? I do this all the time and never noticed any difference. You can even see in Car Settings that everything is greyed out and the specs and the parts are all reverted back to original - changes are purely cosmetic. BUT. Larger/wider rims can physically prevent you from turning the steering wheel all the way. The front wheels get stuck. Adjusting suspension settings can solve this but because of BoP it's not possible, so smaller rims it is.

Nice time mate! I'll try to catch you later. ;)
I tested this on the last BB TT, must admit thou, that dont remember if I tested the other mods only, or did I have the tyres also.
Weight and engine mods do show in the Bopd setting (IMO), but doesnt change the weight or power.

And thanks! :cheers:

Regarding the two TimeTrials with the 22 Civic:
Anyone having trouble entering those?
When I select one of them and press X, the screens gets blurred and nothing else happens.
I pesume there should be a browser window with Rules and BlaBlaBla...

PS: I am running on PSVR-2. Never had problem like that before.

Last edited:
A quick question Mates.........

Why am I not able to view the replay times of the top players? I only get the option to either view profile or load ghost. Is there some setting I need to switch on OR do I need to save the replay of my best time in order to get to see others best lap replays?

Well, guys; my time in this thread, al least with regularity, has come to an end :guilty: Like I said last time I played TT just for the money and since I have all the cars, including the last 3 arrived this week, I reached the money cap :rolleyes: It was still a pleasure sharing my times with you all, alongside saying lots of "profanities" against the aliens everytime they decided that "that awesome time can be improved more, like half a second" :lol:

It's not an Adieu, just a See you soon ;) I will now procede to unfollow this thread :(

Last edited:
A quick question Mates.........

Why am I not able to view the replay times of the top players? I only get the option to either view profile or load ghost. Is there some setting I need to switch on OR do I need to save the replay of my best time in order to get to see others best lap replays?
Once you enter a TimeTrial-Session you can only load the ghost from the leaderboard.

If you exit the session and go to the leaderboard from there, you can view the Replays instead.

Back