Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,371 comments
:lol:

Can I be sincere ? I'm just tired of play this game :rolleyes: After one and a half year of uninterrupted playtime, I need something fresh to play, and I think this is right time to stop :) I just bought EA FC 24 and this is only the 1st step :cool:

Because I, who started playing with ps1 and Colin McRae Rally 1, am starting to listening World Rally Car sounds in the distance...........one month to go :sly:
Pretty much the same as me. I only do the GTWS (until my PS Plus expires) and the TTs. Once I’ve bought the last 4 cars on my list I’m probably not going to play much more.

What a difference a replay makes...

I tried the Tsukuba TT last night with the controller and although I was just having a 'casual' attempt, I was struggling from the outset - I got a meagre 1.05:1xx, not even within 7.5% 😔

I tried again this evening with the wheel, and another 1.05.1xx. Even though I was quicker, I'm actually further behind than I was last night.

So I watched @jontikis' replay, and could see straight away why I was struggling so badly. Basically I wasn't doing anything to prevent wheelspin, and not shifting straight up to 3rd gear for the exits. 45 minutes later, I have a 1.02:064, good enough for gold at the moment, but I reckon it will need to be in the 1.01s to be safe.

edit: 1.01:857 :cool: No chance I could have done this with the wheel - controller is definitely a must for this one IMO.

Last edited:
After a few weeks of forced break, I finally had some time to play Gran Turismo again today.
As luck would have it, there is a special Time Trail event on the legendary Nordschleife.
Unfortunately in a front wheel drive car. I hate front wheel drive and avoid it as much as possible, but my goal was to at least beat the target time of 7:44.881 to get the certificate.
After about 10 laps I fortunately succeeded, the Civic was really difficult to drive, understeers extremely.
In the end it became a 7:44.843. I'm sure there are still 2 seconds left, because the lap was not without mistakes, but for now I'm satisfied.

IMG_0292.jpeg

I love the Nordschleife. :D It took some time to get used to the car. That FF configuration feels so weird after the combinations we've had recently. Not a bad start to the TT, though. I was overly tentative to start the lap. I don't know why, because usually it's the other way around where I take it too easy at the end of the lap when I have a good one going. I guess you could say I was pretty consistent in sector 11. All within .010 of each other. :lol: Anyway, I just need another second to get the certificate. Will be easier said than done, but it's within the realm of possibility.

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

Had a long session today and worked on both new time trials.

At Tsukuba I took a completely different approach than yesterday. When braking into corners, I stayed in 3rd gear instead of downshifting to 1st or 2nd, and it worked out great. I was able to carry more speed through these turns and had less wheel spin. Ended up improving by almost 3 tenths, now at 1:00.535, which currently puts me 7th in the world. Opt. was a .4xx, so there's still at least a tenth there. A tenth which would put me very close to the top.

Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-32-56-00_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Was also able to improve my Nordschleife time by almost 2 seconds by just pushing harder and staying more in 4th gear. The lap was still far from perfect (is there even such thing as a perfect lap at Nord?) and I almost lost it at one point (5:50) but managed to push a 7:41.993.

Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-33-35-20_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my. That's why I love this forum :D As soon as I bought the Civic, I loaded some livery that obviously has couple of changes, rims etc. But I cannot drive it, literally won't turn, I struggled to go under 1:04 which is ridiculous. When I come home from work today, first thing to do is revert the car to stock and give it another go :)
Yeah... Took me 10 minutes. Unbelievable, stupid rim size...

SHARE_20230929_1053010.jpeg
SHARE_20230929_1053031.jpeg

Damn that Tsukuba TT was annoying, I tried and tried and tried. 🥵 After 3 hrs finally did a 1.02.95x. I watched clips of good laps, and in the end fluked a sub 1.03. RCR Civic was way too understeery, had to resort to a controller and very sensitive steering, instead of Logitech G29. Whoever messed that car up (apparently the car rolls easily too, suspension is messed up) should get a prison sentence for life. 😈 As someone who gets gold 7 out of 10 TTs on average, I was seriously close to lose my silver or better streak that has been going since the start, but looks like I will still be fine, barely.

Then did the Suzuka TT, totally did not take advantage of a form loophole 🙃. 10-15 min practice and gold is secured with a 2.25.5, I could go a bit quicker as well. This give me hope for the Nords Civic TT, maybe a chance for a first gold at Nords in a TT? 🤔

Also managed to gold the Movie themed RB Ring GT-R TT, as well as gr3 Barcelona TT.

Last edited:
Back from another trip away and glad to see my bronze efforts held for the two that ended.
Gave Tsubaka a go and made bronze first try - which means it's probably one of the easier TTs!
Next I will try the ring but not very hopeful about that one!

Last edited:
I've managed to post a lap as close to the Honda record as possible for people to follow at the Nurburgring.
Search in Showcase heeffy; pylyp; thndr and feel free to keep up and get the certificate.
7.44.7secs. Cant get closer than that.
I'll also post a YouTube soon
View attachment 1291224
As promised. YouTube PictureinPicture video is up to watch. But you'll get more out of following my ghost.
Hopefully my attempt at a replica lap can help others get the Certificate.

Enjoy and don't forget to Subscribe. It helps

The last 2% is the hardest to get.
That's why they keep it in the milk.

Quick morning session, started with the races of turbo's to get that out of the way, was fun tho!

Started with the ring again, and slowly get to know the car a bit, but still a far to often in 3th instead of 4th on exit like the faster guys.
Found some time again with still a lot of error in the lap, but man still 4 seconds away.....pfff.... don't know if I am going to get it 🤣🙈, at least gold is secured 🙈

18ae4d92bc115-screenshotUrl.jpg

Then after Nordschleife lapping my R2 fingers got a little cramped up, so went to Tsukuba, far less intensive on the hand 🤣🤣
We just let the turbo do all the work...

Not that big of an aprovement, but still from 1:01.538 to 1:01.475

18ae4d8e71b22-screenshotUrl.jpg

Bot a bad morning after all, altho I sleep peacefully after getting that 44. on the Ring 🤣🤣

After seeing @djolliea lap, I had to try again because I had taken a completely different approach to the gears. So again on the Nordschleife and instead of accelerating in low gears out of the corner I tried to take the speed in fourth gear.
I was able to improve by almost a second and am now at a 7:43.452. Still not flawless but I'm pretty happy with the lap.
So thank you for this helpful guide.

IMG_0295.jpeg

At Tsukuba- 1:04.684-1.6 secs into Bronze, 1.3 secs from Silver. At Suzuka- 2:31.080- 5.4 secs into Bronze, 1.9 secs from Silver.

Haven't tried the 'Ring yet. Good luck this round, everyone.
I tried the 'Ring with the wheel and the controller, and suffice it to say that it is going to be hard for me to get even a silver here... it's very tricky with the wheel, and I've stuffed two laps already at the final corner - 8.09 is all I can manage for now 🫤

Hello..... everyone here knows Mister Praiano and has already benefited from his "setups" to make certain cars drivable.
we've launched an idea to help him change his G29 which has just given up the ghost....
help us finance it by registering on page 317 of his garage.......he deserves it, doesn't he?...
give him this gift for Christmas....:gtpflag::gtpflag:

I have to admit PD did really good job with Dualsense triggers feedback on Tsukuba TT you really feel great feedback.

I really love it, drove 137 laps and currently in P124. Secret is not to go to 100% full gas out of corners for long time otherwise tires spinning and losing grip. Here are my tires after 137 laps 😁
1000014190.png

1000014193.jpg

1000014191.jpg

Damn that Tsukuba TT was annoying, I tried and tried and tried. 🥵 After 3 hrs finally did a 1.02.95x. I watched clips of good laps, and in the end fluked a sub 1.03. RCR Civic was way too understeery, had to resort to a controller and very sensitive steering, instead of Logitech G29. Whoever messed that car up (apparently the car rolls easily too, suspension is messed up) should get a prison sentence for life. 😈 As someone who gets gold 7 out of 10 TTs on average, I was seriously close to lose my silver or better streak that has been going since the start, but looks like I will still be fine, barely.

Then did the Suzuka TT, totally did not take advantage of a form loophole 🙃. 10-15 min practice and gold is secured with a 2.25.5, I could go a bit quicker as well. This give me hope for the Nords Civic TT, maybe a chance for a first gold at Nords in a TT? 🤔

Also managed to gold the Movie themed RB Ring GT-R TT, as well as gr3 Barcelona TT.
Check your rim size buddy ;) Wider wheels with this car don't allow for enough clearance to turn the front wheels all the way which results in massive understeer. Original size is a must.

Last edited:
@half_sourly what are your thoughts on statistics with 2 TTs one for age under 18 and other for us that are a bit older than 18. Asking because I thought to go for Nordschliefe only as it is for my age, but I see some goes for both age categories 🤔
I presume you mean only for the community scoreboard? Might be worth first checking how many of the 75 or so of us are under 18; I suspect it is not many.

Or did you mean something else?

350 km around the Ring today.
Honda handles suspiciously good for an FF car (almost totally opposite to its Tsukuba ancestor - well, steering disconnects just mildly under full gas ;) - so it turns)
HRC livery adds +10 to my bravery around some parts of the track.

TT-HRCNurb-almost.jpg

My time looks good, but it might be close to my potential already. Still many small mistakes around the track, but picking them up, mending and then packing into one clean lap is the realm of a dream (as of today).

TT-HRCNurb-optimal.jpg

Optimal looks promising, but I don't suspect gold time will hold over 7:50 anyway, so... still.

Back