Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,120 comments
I don't know !!!🤔🤔🤔
Last test and again improve under 2'23 with the time at 2'22'880
17050738758688387876828976834834.jpg

I got sooo close, I couldve accelerated earlier in the last corner but i took the safe way because the ghost gap was huge 😭. Its gonna be reallly tough but its definitely there to get. Will try again tmrw or in few days.

You're a machine!! Insane how i'm happy with my 2:26:500 and you're well over 6 secs faster 😂

10 more laps at Trial Mountain to get silver.

It's not been easy but quite content with my ever decreasing medium lap time :
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240112174200.jpg

So close to be below 1:55 maybe next time.

Worst lap not in the 58s, cool.

I may have a little more to gain as my current best sector 2 is 0.3s lower than my best in this session

S1 : 31.709
S2 : 39.782
S3 : 43.202
Optimal (with sectors from different sessions) : 1:54.693

In S1 I know I can do a little bit better if I nail the first turns before the tunnel.

50 laps in.

Feeling like it's a solid silver but I'll try to improve. Gold seems to far but who knows.
Put TCS to level 2 and it helped a lot in preventing oversteer.

Did about 7 laps last night, on the final lap I achieved a 1:51.834 which places me 481st currently. And that will be all the laps I do for that trial because the Supra is an absolutely horrible car to drive with BOP applied. How can a racecar have such a complete lack of turn in and front grip as this? It feels sluggish on the straights, understeery in the corners and still manages to spin its wheels up on corner exit, even in 4th gear. I thought this would be a combination I might enjoy, but with a car that drives like this... no thank you.
Was absolutely about to write the same, despite your lap time.:D

Unbelievable how you managed your lap time in just 7 laps.
Was quite satisfied with the results of the last TTs, even with Gr. 2. But this one is really a challenge. Happy to be in the gold zone right now...

2:23.1 for my first session. Watching the replay makes me cringe though, and there’s a 22.5 on the optimal.

Seems to be getting slower the longer I go on though, so enough for tonight.
OK I finally achieved the 2:22.5!

Of course now there’s a 21.9 in the optimal but I think that is unrealistic for me.

The final chicane is my kryptonite, I feel so bogged down in 3rd.

Still using controller sensitivity at -2 from last TT, I think it works well for a stick masher like me.
IMG_0522.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't have time to work on my lap at TM today. Only about 30 mins worth of seat time and it was spent practicing for the GTWS Nation's Cup race at Spa tomorrow.

I just wanted to mention the vast differences between certain things when learning to drive the course in an Alfa Romeo 4C vs the Red Bull X2019.

Flat out Eau Rouge - easy in the Red Bull.

Bollards - 4C hits them, red Lap. Red Bull hits them, you're off into the Shadow Realm.

Hot lapping in a slidey road car can be relaxing and fun. Hot lapping in the Red Bull is stressful and requires laser focus.

Had a little time for evening session where I didn't improved my time.
First, there was quarter final of water polo Euro, where we won Greece.
And now has finished opening match in handball Euro where we literally destroyed big rival Spain, with 10 goals difference...
Tomorrow I'm going in visit to brother, so again there won't be many time for playing.

But I will drive early morning, maybe something happen.

Here we go, I've finally cracked the 2:20 mark.
After some frustration because of the track limits or sudden understeer in the last corner, I finally made it.

It turned out to be a 2:20.976.

My opt. is 3 tenths faster, but damn it, it's hard to get that together. The track limits or the last corner always have something against it.

IMG_0632.jpeg

A lot of times I'll fire up the PS5 and try these time trials with a controller/ auto gears just to check them out. On this one I was able to get about 0.600 sec. away from gold with controller, usually that translates into a pretty easy run for gold on the wheel. Not this time! Maybe I needed to adjust force feedback and/ or wheel rotation or something but car never felt settled, I was sweating by the end of this session. Was not super easy to gold even with a wheel.

Live Gameplay:

Cockpit and TV view:

After two sessions and many invalidated laps later, I finally managed a lap I'm happy with at Nurburgring. This is surprisingly tricky despite the Mazda not being the fastest or most powerful car. You really have to take full advantage of your momentum. So many laps ruined by the track limits at T3, T4 and the chicane, but a very fun combo nevertheless!

Screenshot_2024-01-13-00-36-15-84_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
First day at Trial Mountain - my favourite track since 1998.
Expected tough but fun drive.
It's just tough.

Maybe a little fun when navigating through tunnels and getting that exit speed to stick without hitting anything or loosing traction.

First three corners feel here like hit or miss game when trying to change direction on the buttons, and the reluctancy of the car to rotate doesn't help one bit.
Tunnels I like. Hairpin at the bottom quite ok. Flowy uphill bends fairly nice.
Turn 11 (?) - steep downhill on the brakes feels different almost everytime, easiest place to loose the rear on the exit bar the last chicane.
The chicane - it's giving me problems, applying gas with X is very tricky here and my line is sketchy - easily the best place to make some gains.

First into gold within 15 laps or so, by the end I improved enough to feel fairly safe.
TrialMountainTT-almost1.jpg

I can see myself squeezing into 52s with enough practice and a bit of luck, but without a breakthrough of some sorts huge gains here seem far fetched.
TrialMountainTT-almost12.jpg

I will consult the lap guides next in hope of adapting a better line through the chicane. Maybe also some useful tips on the rest of the corners, hopefully other than going through the gears on manual. :indiff:

Last edited:
Just put in a few laps at TM, managed to improve from my 1.55 and I'm now close to gold with a 1.53.8xx. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not really enjoying that TT 😕. Haven't tried the RX-8 yet so that will be for the weekend if I get any free time. Hopefully I can make up the time needed to improve at TM and keep my gold streak going.

Went back to the Supra tonight, but frankly I’ve lost my motivation now I’m under 1:52. Washed and parked back in the garage.

Move to the ‘Ring and put in the first 10 laps in the RX8… into gold with a mid 2:23 but I’m not a fan of the car on first contact (and the track has always been a bit meh in this configuration for me)… don’t think I’m going to be grinding this one unless something clicks.

Had a real frustrating saturday morning session, my goal was to reach the 21's but did spend the first 200km to even come close to my old time, my 22.0 came kind of easy yesterday and thought it would be a walk in the park but had a real hard time! And turns out that the .750 of @Evilmuffin is a realy good time!, ( even with the last corner fail 😵‍💫😵‍💫)

My fastest sectortime before the chicane was a 45.086 but stuffed up the majority of my good laps at the chicane, I got so much better on the whole lap, but so much worse on the chicane 🤣🤣

Did reach my goal for today tho, but no muffin territory yet 🤣

1000016364.jpg

Back